yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D5 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
McCain at 2? Huck at 3? What kind of "conservative" are you talking about?

Most Conservative:

1) Thompson
2) Romney
3) Giuliani/Paul

(large gap)

4) Huck

(large gap)

5) McCain
naw man im going by their legislative record. romney is alot of talk but no real action. like in mass. he did alot of liberal **** especially with the education there.

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2008, 11:29 PM #23
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmike15 View Post
You honestly would put Ron Paul in the same spot as the guy who is for gun control, pro-same sex marriage, and pro-amnesty? Give me a break. Ron Paul is the only Candidate on either side that even mentions the Constitution in the debates, as well as having a perfect record on never voting to raise taxes. You can't get more conservative than that.
look at thompsons record buddy . Mentioning the constitution, do u want a cookie? true conservatism is in the power of a strong executive like Bush and Reagan and Teddy did. as in letting the president term them enemy combatants or whatever he wants and not letting anyone get in the way of the commander in chief doing his job.

Old 01-30-2008, 11:31 PM #24
yuik

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
McCain at 2? Huck at 3? What kind of "conservative" are you talking about?

Most Conservative:

1) Thompson
2) Romney
3) Giuliani/Paul

(large gap)

4) Huck

(large gap)

5) McCain
yeah im kinda pissed mcCain isnt toughing up of moral values and taking a stand there but its not like hes supported it with his past voting record. deep down inside i think he has moral good in him he just doesnt want to loose votes.

Old 01-30-2008, 11:33 PM #25
ClintonBaller2
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik View Post
look at thompsons record buddy . Mentioning the constitution, do u want a cookie? true conservatism is in the power of a strong executive like Bush and Reagan and Teddy did. as in letting the president term them enemy combatants or whatever he wants and not letting anyone get in the way of the commander in chief doing his job.
You have no concept of conservatism Tupac.
ClintonBaller2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:41 PM #26
yuik

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintonBaller2 View Post
You have no concept of conservatism Tupac.
and you and obama boy do?

also the reason i didnt put romney first is because even though according to his proclaimed values he should be up there he isnt steady on those and i really doubt he has practiced what he preached and was elected by the people of mass. being pro man and woman defining marriage pro life, small gov. ect. ron paul and thompson called his bluffs a few times during the debate.

Old 01-30-2008, 11:44 PM #27
ClintonBaller2
blah

Quote:
and you and obama boy do?

also the reason i didnt put romney first is because even though according to his proclaimed values he should be up there he isnt steady on those and i really doubt he has practiced what he preached and was elected by the people of mass. being pro man and woman defining marriage pro life, small gov. ect. ron paul and thompson called his bluffs a few times during the debate.
Yes I and Obama boy do...

Conservatism is based off adherence to the Constitution, not being pro life/choice, being for or against gay marriage, or supporting an illegitimate war in Iraq.
ClintonBaller2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:52 PM #28
FlashZ33
REVO

has been a member for 10 years
FlashZ33 plays in the PSP
FlashZ33 plays in the APPA D2 division
That list fails so hard.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:59 PM #29
2term8r
Free Baller

Romney
Paul

Romney being a capitalist must understand conservatism the best to thrive as a private equity firm as well as he did. I can name atleast 10 things he's touched that have turned surplus that were in red, not including the state of MA
Old 01-30-2008, 11:59 PM #30
pbmike15
Truth with a capital C

Quote:
WRONG WRONG WRONG. Being conservative means understand where this nation came from and understanding the most sacred aspects of American life: Liberty and Freedom. It is what makes us different than any other country on the face of the earth. The people in this country have economic, political, and social freedom that you simply do not have anywhere else. Conservatives understand this, and try *their best* to keep power in the hands of the people, where liberals see it differently. They would rather have the government play a larger role in our personal lives.

What you are advocating for is the exact opposite. Being conservative does NOT mean being the "strong executive without having to answer to anybody." That is complete ludacris. The people run the government, not the other way around buddy. A president should be held responsible for his actions, by those who elect him. The President is a representative of the people, and he needs to do as they wish; Not toit around in office and be his own boss.

Last, mentioning the Constitution on national TV is a big deal, and please don't take it lightly. The Constitution is the Law of the Land, and is the document that outlines what the role of government ought to be. Ron Paul is the only conservative because he is the only candidate that understands what the Constitution says about the role of government, and he is the only one willing to follow it. Ron Paul is a conservative, those who wish to nation-build across the world, and increase the size of our federal government are not true conservatives, including Fred Thompson.

One more thing: You suck at understanding politics.

Last edited by pbmike15 : 01-31-2008 at 09:52 AM.
pbmike15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:29 AM #31
FlashZ33
REVO

FlashZ33 plays in the PSP
FlashZ33 plays in the APPA D2 division
Will you all still vote for Paul if he doesn't win the Republican nomination? I want to but I feel that it will be a waste of a vote . I'd rather vote for a candidate that has a party's nomination and a really good chance of winning so I can choose the lesser of two evils. I would rather not have my vote go towards Paul who has a slim chance of winning and have some douche I really don't like win the Presidential election (if that be the case).
Old 01-31-2008, 02:22 AM #32
SneakyKindofEvil
Destroyer of Threads

SneakyKindofEvil has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashZ33 View Post
Will you all still vote for Paul if he doesn't win the Republican nomination? I want to but I feel that it will be a waste of a vote . I'd rather vote for a candidate that has a party's nomination and a really good chance of winning so I can choose the lesser of two evils. I would rather not have my vote go towards Paul who has a slim chance of winning and have some douche I really don't like win the Presidential election (if that be the case).
The only thing that will keep me from voting for paul is if hillary gets the democratic nomination. I believe she would be so bad for the country that I would choose another ****ty candidate to keep her out of office. Otherwise I'm writing in paul.

"Most people think they shoot better with a 1911, when in reality they actually just suck less with one." -SonOfLiberty

feedback
SneakyKindofEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:38 AM #33
PDXMark
flopy head and beedy eyes

Funny I've not seen the thread:
"By education, experience and honesty, who is the best candidate for the job? Your opinion without facts is not reason enough!"
Old 01-31-2008, 02:40 AM #34
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmike15 View Post
You honestly would put Ron Paul in the same spot as the guy who is for gun control, pro-same sex marriage, and pro-amnesty? Give me a break. Ron Paul is the only Candidate on either side that even mentions the Constitution in the debates, as well as having a perfect record on never voting to raise taxes. You can't get more conservative than that.
Ok, I'll admit I should have put a disclaimer in my post that read "according to everybody but the 3-8% of Ron Paul supporters who know he's the only real conservative in the race"

However, when I'm talking conservatism here, I'm talking Reagan Coalition Conservative (you know, the conservatism that has been the staple of the GOP for the past 25 years). This is divided into three main areas.

Fiscal Conservatism

Social Conservatism

Defense Conservatism

Thompson and Romney are the only two that currently touch all of those bases - Thompson being the more consistent of the two. Paul's got two out of three, and Giuliani's got roughly two out of three. Huck has one out of three, possibly two out of three depending on whether or not he ever gets around to actually finding some foreign policiy advisers, and McCains got a little here and there, but more than makes up for it with his consistently jamming his middle finger into the eyes of all three groups while smiling and winking at the mainstream media.

Sorry if Paulbots disagree, but that's what it takes to be a full spectrum conservative (or is at least what it was supposed to take)

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:43 AM #35
PDXMark

Quote:
Ok, I'll admit I should have put a disclaimer in my post that read "according to everybody but the 3-8% of Ron Paul supporters who know he's the only real conservative in the race"

However, when I'm talking conservatism here, I'm talking Reagan Coalition Conservative (you know, the conservatism that has been the staple of the GOP for the past 25 years). This is divided into three main areas.

Fiscal Conservatism

Social Conservatism

Defense Conservatism

Thompson and Romney are the only two that currently touch all of those bases - Thompson being the more consistent of the two. Paul's got two out of three, and Giuliani's got roughly two out of three. Huck has one out of three, possibly two out of three depending on whether or not he ever gets around to actually finding some foreign policiy advisers, and McCains got a little here and there, but more than makes up for it with his consistently jamming his middle finger into the eyes of all three groups while smiling and winking at the mainstream media.

Sorry if Paulbots disagree, but that's what it takes to be a full spectrum conservative (or is at least what it was supposed to take)
I'm a Paulbot, and you are right!

EDIT: I thought Edwards knew things about 'Defense Conservatism', he did spend time in the Senate Intell Committee. Anyways, I just thought Edwards also touched all three!

Last edited by PDXMark : 01-31-2008 at 02:46 AM.
PDXMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:58 AM #36
LegacyWins

Quote:

Fiscal Conservatism

Social Conservatism

Defense Conservatism

As always, you nailed it Swerve.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:34 AM #37
D.Brasco
TK

well consitering romney and mcain are fighting about who is less liberal. i think they should be on the bottom at this point
Old 01-31-2008, 03:35 AM #38
LegacyWins

You don't follow politics much do ya buddy?

Republicans candidates ALWAYS fight about who is less liberal in the primaries.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:41 AM #39
PDXMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyWins View Post
You don't follow politics much do ya buddy?

Republicans candidates ALWAYS fight about who is less liberal in the primaries.
Nope, the dems were doing that 15 years ago!
That's where most of these fake conservative republicans came from, "flip-floppers"!
Old 01-31-2008, 09:01 AM #40
Mosati
Lithic

Quote:

Fiscal Conservatism

Social Conservatism

Defense Conservatism

It's more simple than that. The GOP is dominated by ideological and neo conservatives, while Ron Paul is a small government conservative.
Mosati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:15 AM #41
pbmike15
Truth with a capital C

Quote:

Fiscal Conservatism

Social Conservatism

Defense Conservatism

How does Ron Paul not hit all 3 of those?

Fiscal Conservative-He the strongest advocate for cutting spending, lowering taxes, reducing the size of the federal government, and eliminating the federal reserve to bring back a sound dollar.

Social Conservative-Pro-life, pro-civil liberties, against amnesty, against a national ID card, pro-marriage, pro-2nd amendment.

Defense Conservative-Nobody advocates increasing defense spending as much as Ron Paul does. Ron Paul wants to re-allocate our resources here at home, not around the world where they do not truly protect us, but harm is. Ron Paul is the only candidate that understands that intervention overseas will indefinately come back to haunt us. Having troops over seas=/=strong national defense. Reagan knew this, and HE WAS EVEN AGAINST NATION BUILDING AND INTERVENTION.

"I wonder who among us would be willing to approach the wife or mother and husband and father who's son has died and ask them if they think this is a peace that should be maintianed indefinately."-Ronald Reagan, speaking of having troops in Southeast Asia.

"There can be no real peace if there is 1 American dying someplace in the world for the rest of us."-Ronald Reagan speaking of intervention and war overseas.

"We are against doming out money government to government setting up buracracy if not socialism. We set out to aid 19 countries, yet we're helping 107"-Ronald Reagan speaking of hypocrisy in the federal government and the devalue of the dollar.

The words of Ronald Reagan still hold value today, but the Republican Party has lost its way. They no longer follow the conservative protocol to protect our country here at home, but would rather over-extend our military throughout the world to the point of bankrupting this country. That is not a Reagan Coalition Conservative ideal at all, in fact, it's the exact opposite.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:16 AM #42
nyle
THIS IS MAJOR TOM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservative

now shut up about what it takes to be conservative...

Aerospace Engineering -- The University of Texas - Austin
nyle is offline   Reply With Quote