Community Focus

Old 04-07-2008, 04:47 PM #1
Sean@smartpartswest
Living Legends May 18-20!

has been a member for 10 years
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends III
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends V
The Russians WIN! (Smart Parts)

Well, chalk up another victory. That make 3-0.

What a game. Near perfect weather. Great paint. No air issues and I do not think I ever saw a line! Great facility. Great Refs. Awesome producers....

Those were our main focuses for this game. And I think we succeeded. I personally would like to thank the players for having the faith in us to pull this game off. We did it in only 4 months and had a great turn out. I only saw 1 argument on the field. And that happened when my base was dropped by the Marines. I settled it quickly by explaining the rules. Then all was good. Jim Lively, a living legend, was the demo guy who dropped my base with people from DXS and Ground Control. I barrel tagged a few before I walked off the field. But man... what an amazing game. It still has not fully hit me as well... but here are some more thank yous as well

Thanks to all my sponsored teams that came to support me. I am sure the guys who did not come are going to be pissed off for not coming out.

Thanks to the CPX Sports. Ray and Paul... I consider you guys part of my family now. You guys really stepped up and handled business. Darryl did a great job getting the field ready for the game as well. Especially considering the weather that you guys had leading up to this event.

Thanks to Viper and Wayne. Without you, we would not have had a good scenario. You guys made it possible for the players to have fun. I had people bringing in props left and right. The game went so smooth.

Thanks to Craig Miller the USMC General. He is a long time friend, and I am glad I talked you into going against me. You were like a kid in a candy store everytime you came off the field. You did a great job taking in all the info we gave you. I know you will learn from your mistakes and bring it bigger next year. There is also no one in paintball who can compete with you on a micro phone. I am not ever going to try. Mad love to you my friend.

Thanks to all the teams who came out in force. My teams on the Russian side impressed me so much. It was very difficult to chose my awards.

Sportsmanship - Shey, Team Akacita
Valor - Dave Cilio, Team Thunderstruck
MOFO (Most Formidable Opponent) - Spartacus, Team Hellions
MVP - Josh Foote, Team Delta
MVT - Team Thunderstruck

I really do not like awards to my own sponsored teams, but these guys deserve it. Thunderstruck always runs the hardest missions and they always come through. Josh Foote and Delta stepped up so much. I did not even recognize the team anymore. They went from a bunch of frat boy idiots to serious players. Shey did mostly base security. I know at night, he may have pissed of a few people barrel tagging them (even me!), but they never got in my base. I had so much base security at night... it was crazy. Thanks to all those teams who helped out.

Special thanks to the industry support and all the magazines that came out. I am looking forward to all the write ups.

And look for Part 2 of this game to commence Memorial Day Weekend 2009. See you all then!

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.cpxsports.com
www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
Sean@smartpartswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2008, 05:06 PM #2
10-shot kid

SP didn't win I did because I was the general the last half of the game for red

Ohio State Police: Thanks for the warning instead of a speeding ticket

Viper: Thanks for pulling out a sick game bro

Kutulu: Awesome ride dude

Sean: Thanks for hookin me up with the cards

Thunderstruck: Thanks for hookin me up with the other cards and using me on stuff. Your all friggen awesome with your crazyness

Delta: awesome times again dudes. Your hilarious. Thanks for backing me up for the sportsmanship award, lol

Voodoo: We held that head thingy, it was great fun finally getting to really play right alongside the majority of your team

Tyger: Sniped

pump scout: screw you for ruining the IPR reunion by playing instead of pau paughing or whatever

Static: Awesome job on the recon

Helbent: Was cool to meet you and play alongside you a bit

Blue: I am the master of cards sexy

SCP: Was chill to meet the guys not in the NE which is where I thought everyone knew all of SCP was located (lol)

Headhunters: You guys where fun to watch as you mowed people when I got lazy

Ref staff: You guys did a sweet job

owner dude of cpx: thanks for the hookup for EMR man

Blue XO: All your bases belong to us, sorry

EDIT (Im bloody tired)

POG: Was sweet to see you guys with the plamers

Craig and glenn: was sweet chilling with you guys again

Damage inc: You guys are awesome

Dude with the blue mohawk I keep confusing with bored: thanks for getting my tubes bro, little did your base know they all contained crazy purpel knockout gas which is why our team won.

Tank dudes: Thanks for the drink of goodness

Dude who shot me in the gut by mistake: it was funny iregardless

little medic dude: You rocked hardcore

Worthess flag: Thanks for being an inanimate obect that confused the living hell out of the other team

Sheilds: Using spotlights at night only works when your black

blue base secruity: I saw a hilarious picture of you guys, it was awesome

everyone I forgot: my bad

Last edited by 10-shot kid : 04-07-2008 at 05:17 PM.
10-shot kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:49 PM #3
chibbs

way to double post sean

thanks for giving us a chance to play and i really enjoyed running missions for you, cant wait for next year or to play under you again its always a blast

Thunderstruck- you guys rock you always manage to impress me congrats on the MVT as always you did earn it
Nudi and TB- you guys rock on the field yet are a blast to hang around off the field and always manage to make me laugh
Dave- you are a machine man, watching you get all the slap sticks was awesome, i dont know how you do it, ive watched you play and its just amazing, no doubt in my mind you are one of if not the best player in the game
Paco- Do you ever run out of energy????

Delta- I agree with Sean, you guys have really pulled it together so far this year, keep it up
Foote- Way to go man, I was really impressed with how well you played and seemed to be everywhere, you really did deserve MVP
Whitney- After the *** kicking you gave me last weekend it was good to be on the same team and have you healing me when i was getting lite up
Frank- Always good to play with you

Hell Bent- Nice to see you guys, congrats on the new team, you guys really know how to rock on the field, look forward to playing with you guys again in the future
Hawk- Great meeting you, your a great player and really know how to lead

Headhunters- You guys rocked the graveyard, every time we needed to make a push threw there you were up there sliding snap shooting and then in the woods moving quietly and quickly keeping an eye out for bad guys

Resevior Dogs- It was cool to finally play with you guys, look forward to West Point this weekend

Blues Crew- "your my boy blue" every time we had to make a push you guys were in our way like a wall keeping us from our objective or stalling just long enough for more of your team to come up and help out

10 Shot- Dude great game, always a pleasure playing with you and pushing up, you really know how to get everyone to push up, that laugh is unmistakable

Barney- It was great to see you out in Chicago, always nice watching the purple dinosaur kick some tail

Smart Corps- Great running with you guys and thanks for the food
Matt- Nice seeing you again and pushing up the ridge line at night trying to find the enemy base

My Voodoo brothers- always awesome running with you guys

DXS- Thanks for the awesome paint, never had a problem with it washed out nicely and shot strait all day

Craig Miller- Good fight man, better luck next year

All the Blue teams- It was great running against you, you guys put up a GREAT fight and played stand up ball, which is always a nice thing to see on the field. Better Luck next year

Mod Squad- I had a blast shooting you and its nice to see the faces behind the ban sticks

CPX- Great field 1st time there but definitely not the last

Air Fills- I think my lowest fill was about 4300 and I never had to wait in a line, thank you guys for doing such a good job

To all the Living Legends, thanks for coming out and making the game what it was, not your average scenario

Viper- Way to put on an AMAZING GAME, never a dull moment at a Viper Scenario

Wayne Dollock- It was my 1st game you had a hand to and it was an honor to play a game which the 1st pro scenario producer helped produce

To the guy who won the Voodoo SP1- We all hope you enjoy it and we hope to see you out there next year using it

Little Medic Dude- THANK YOU for healing me so much you were awesome, its nice to see young players with so much heart

I think that is everyone and everything, if i missed something ill add it later, again GREAT game everyone and i cant wait to do it again next year

Play hard or not at all!

Last edited by chibbs : 04-07-2008 at 05:51 PM.
chibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:03 PM #4
DaveEllis
LA FLAMA BLANCA

Annual Supporting Member
DaveEllis is a Mega Moderator
DaveEllis is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
DaveEllis donated to help Peyton Trent
DaveEllis supports Bob Gurnsey
DaveEllis supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibbs View Post

Mod Squad- I had a blast shooting you and its nice to see the faces behind the ban sticks
We try to be as evil and callous off-line but it just never seems to work.

I had a blast as well, impressed with everything all around. It didn't feel like a cutthroat game but rather a game of recball with friends. The weather was amazing, I don't think theres anything I could complain about.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:19 PM #5
^Hawk^
Disciple - The Book of TB

^Hawk^ supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibbs View Post

Little Medic Dude- THANK YOU for healing me so much you were awesome, its nice to see young players with so much heart
Little Medic Dude is Monster from Hell Bent.
"No, we need an Anti-Sportsmanship Day. A day where groin punches, eye pokes and foreign objects in the wrestling tights will be encouraged. Call it the Ric Flairification of this country. No wonder our American automotive industry is getting killed, we’re afraid to throw sand in the eyes of the foreign automotive makers.

And it stems from stuff like National Sportsmanship Day. Well I love America too much to let Sportsmanship ruin us. The Hater Nation implores all of you patriots to throw an elbow in your pickup game. Maybe go spikes high in your softball game.

In other words, be a proud American."
^Hawk^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:48 PM #6
CubbyBear82
Ride MW, Die MW

I just wanted to drop by and say grats to the Russians on a job well done. Better luck to us Marines next year huh? LOL! We all had a great time. It was one of the best games I've ever played. Thanks to all who made this event possible you all did awesome. Thanks to Sean and Craig for steppin up as generals you both were great. Awesome game everyone thanks for makin it happen. See you all next year.
Vicious Fan #335

www.groundcontrolpaintball.com
Team Jacob? Team Edward? How about team shut the F*CK up!?!?!
CubbyBear82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:00 PM #7
HellBenTMoD

That was a awesome weekend. The PB gods blessed us with some amazing wheather.. I wanna thank the player " I wish I caught your name" for not lighting my son up at the Temple. Truly a stand up and amazing player. Thanks again.
Hopefully will be seeing alot of you at Sherwood for Judge Dredd.
HellBenTMoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:32 AM #8
10-shot kid

yea it was deffiently chill meeting the mod staff and talkingtheir ears off, sorry I never got the chance for that chat ed I was too busy playing like a schmuck. Also hawk, monster is now little medic dude for this game, sorry
Old 04-08-2008, 09:53 AM #9
reaper708

reaper708 is playing at Living Legends VII
reaper708 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Great team work guys. We cant wait for next year.

Lapu-lapu Brigade
http://www.lapulapubrigadeteam.com
Proud supporter of CPX Sports, the Badlandz, Bad Boyz Toyz and Warped Sportz (Schererville, IN)
reaper708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:09 AM #10
[Hell Bent] Wildcard

"Worthless Flag"

10-Shot, was that directed to me?

I like confusing the other side :-)

Thunderstruck Prospect
[Hell Bent] Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:32 AM #11
shortplayer97
Team Endever

ten shot, you were crazy up on that hill during the final battle, is was great to play beside you.
shortplayer97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:41 AM #12
kman866
iPump

kman866 supports Sherwood Forest
kman866 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
have your next game down south
Old 04-08-2008, 10:42 AM #13
CS@PbNation

Annual Supporting Member
CS@PbNation is a Supporting Member
CS@PbNation supports Cereal Killerz 2
CS@PbNation donated to help Peyton Trent
CS@PbNation supports Sherwood Forest
CS@PbNation supports our troops
Great Game and thanks to all those that played this weekend.

Paul and Ray terrific venue and we all appreciated your hospitality.

The Mod Squad had a great time and it was fun to spend the weekend just playing hard at a sport we all love.

Congrats to the winners and to all those that played.

I didn’t want to leave on Sunday.

Looking forward to the next event this season.

Thanks
Ed
Old 04-08-2008, 12:26 PM #14
10-shot kid

Wildcard: No shields found this massive PVC pipe with an orange flag ontop of it. We then found out from the refs it was absolutly worthless, like all the other ones like it that people where taking, because it was for rec play. Apparently they didn't take into account that scenario players will snatch anything that looks quasi important and bring it somewhere.

So I took the worthless flag when there was a boring stalemate going on and ran up the road. Someone on the other side shouted "What should we do!" which was hilarious. Then I got shot up wicked bad by numerous people and fell to the ground. It was funny.

Shortplayer: Yea that was a blast dude we ripped into them wicked bad from the center there. Was way more sucessfull than the dinner battle
Old 04-08-2008, 12:38 PM #15
BarneyNY
I'm the Purple guy!

Annual Supporting Member
BarneyNY is a Supporting Member
BarneyNY owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-shot kid View Post
Wildcard: No shields found this massive PVC pipe with an orange flag ontop of it. We then found out from the refs it was absolutly worthless, like all the other ones like it that people where taking, because it was for rec play. Apparently they didn't take into account that scenario players will snatch anything that looks quasi important and bring it somewhere.

So I took the worthless flag when there was a boring stalemate going on and ran up the road. Someone on the other side shouted "What should we do!" which was hilarious. Then I got shot up wicked bad by numerous people and fell to the ground. It was funny.

Shortplayer: Yea that was a blast dude we ripped into them wicked bad from the center there. Was way more sucessfull than the dinner battle

Well to quote someone that got more respect from me this past weekend. He said "If it doesn't Grow it most go".
WestPoint 2005 Battle of Bastogne MVT (RT Raiders); 2006 Spring Game VC - MVP; 2008 Battle of Bulge German - Co-MVP; Skirmish 2007 Staligrad Russian - MVP; HiVi 2008 Death Before Dishonor - Sportsmanship; StrategyPlus 2009 WOA - Co-MVP; 2010 Legion - MoFo; 2011 Russian Front - Russian MVP; 2012 Quickshot - Divided Front - MVP; EMR 2013 March Meltdown - MVP
www.bluescrewtv.com; www.emrpaintball.com; www.cousinspaintball.com; www.paintballsportsny.com
BarneyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:49 PM #16
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Spartan 03 is playing at Living Legends VI
Spartan 03 supports Team VICIOUS
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Hmmm, sounds like you might have found one of our SPPL practice poles. We had an SPPL field set up way out back last year, but toward the end of the year, CPX moved the field to "Jungle", and I never came to take my flag poles back. Was it about 10ft long with a rope and two eyelettes?
If I make you cheat, I win.
WORKS Autococker
Spartan 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:14 PM #17
[Hell Bent] Wildcard

Quote:

Dude, that's hilarious! I thought you were talking about the pirate flag on my back during the final battle. What you did sounds much better!

Thunderstruck Prospect
[Hell Bent] Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:50 PM #18
10-shot kid

It was a white PVC pipe, proberly 10 foot, with an orange flag thingy ontop. It was inside the bus. I didn't see eyelets but I didn't look at it at all really.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:49 PM #19
Repoman-Gene
Damage Inc - War Chief

It isn't so much that 10-shot locates Game props...its more like he helps the field owners pick up the clutter.

The years like great black oxen tread the world with God, the herdsman, goading them on behind . . . .And I am broken by their passing feet. H.Melville
Repoman-Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:58 PM #20
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)

deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repoman-Gene View Post
It isn't so much that 10-shot locates Game props...its more like he helps the field owners pick up the clutter.
I wonder if it will work if I tell him that it's worth 10 points to clean my truck.
deltapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:21 PM #21
10-shot kid

lol repoman, but then I sell the rubbish to someone for game monies

Also in retrospect thanks to sean for the props at the end of the game, that was also sweet.