Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2008, 11:26 PM #86
ClintonBaller2
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
He's likely a coward.
I wouldn't call McCain a coward. After the things he did for this country, the last thing he is is a coward. I don't agree with 90% of the things he says, but he is the complete opposite of a coward.
ClintonBaller2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:40 PM #87
pbmike15
Truth with a capital C

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntjbow53 View Post
mccain ftmfw
pause, not...
Old 01-30-2008, 11:42 PM #88
FlashZ33
REVO

has been a member for 10 years
FlashZ33 plays in the PSP
FlashZ33 plays in the APPA D2 division
If McCain were to have Lieberman as a running mate I guarantee that a huge percentage of the Jewish votes (primarily being from the Democratic party) will go to McCain.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:07 AM #89
crfracer290
Comfortably Numb

Who actually likes McCain, dang. I guess it just proves once again that the media chooses the winners in this country.
crfracer290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:11 AM #90
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintonBaller2 View Post
I wouldn't call McCain a coward. After the things he did for this country, the last thing he is is a coward. I don't agree with 90% of the things he says, but he is the complete opposite of a coward.
McCain did a great thing for his country and I respect that. I'm also aware that there are a many thousands of other men and women who have done, have been doing, and are currently doing the exact same thing for our country and not using it as an item on their resume.

Mccain has been caught up in washington far too long for his own good and the good of this country. McCain is the epitomy of cloak-room machine politics. He can't even stand on his own two feet in the primary without being propped up by the MSM on the one side, and a bunch of establishment endorsements on the other side (old buddies paying back favors). He can't fight his own battles as evidenced in the debate today when Romney confronted him on his blatantly twisted BS claim and he didn't have the media there to back him up.

How does he respond when asked direct questions about his espoused policies and his well known record? Insults the questioner, insults those that don't agree with him, cuts smirky, pre-canned one liners (and then laughs smugly at his own cleverness), points to his shiny trophy box of endorsements and says "if they all back me I'm obviously right", flip flops like a brokeback salmon, talks about the Hanoi Hilton, and does anything else he can do to keep from having to face up to his own transparent self. It's not like this is very hard to figure out, it was all on full display tonight at the debate to a great extent and also to a reasonable extent throughout the campaign.

Refusal to take responsibility for your own actions in the ways I have just described is cowardice.

It takes a slightly higher level of sensory perception than that of a mute bat to uncover McCains transparency.

www.gunfacts.info

Last edited by Swerve22 : 01-31-2008 at 03:22 AM.
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:14 AM #91
PDXMark
flopy head and beedy eyes

Quote:
It takes a slightly higher level of sensory perception as that of a mute bat to uncover McCains transparency.
T-shirt material!
Old 01-31-2008, 05:00 AM #92
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
McCain did a great thing for his country and I respect that. I'm also aware that there are a many thousands of other men and women who have done, have been doing, and are currently doing the exact same thing for our country and not using it as an item on their resume.

Mccain has been caught up in washington far too long for his own good and the good of this country. McCain is the epitomy of cloak-room machine politics. He can't even stand on his own two feet in the primary without being propped up by the MSM on the one side, and a bunch of establishment endorsements on the other side (old buddies paying back favors). He can't fight his own battles as evidenced in the debate today when Romney confronted him on his blatantly twisted BS claim and he didn't have the media there to back him up.

How does he respond when asked direct questions about his espoused policies and his well known record? Insults the questioner, insults those that don't agree with him, cuts smirky, pre-canned one liners (and then laughs smugly at his own cleverness), points to his shiny trophy box of endorsements and says "if they all back me I'm obviously right", flip flops like a brokeback salmon, talks about the Hanoi Hilton, and does anything else he can do to keep from having to face up to his own transparent self. It's not like this is very hard to figure out, it was all on full display tonight at the debate to a great extent and also to a reasonable extent throughout the campaign.

Refusal to take responsibility for your own actions in the ways I have just described is cowardice.

It takes a slightly higher level of sensory perception than that of a mute bat to uncover McCains transparency.
Sounds like another *****y Romney supporter that knows that even with all of Romney's campaign resources he still can't win. McCain will win the nomination. He's about to pick up the Governator's endorsement to go along with Rudy's and is set to win big on Super Tuesday.

I've been saying McCain/Lieberman since the start of this ****, I'd love to see that ticket. Fred Thompson and Rudy are also suitable VP choices...
Old 01-31-2008, 05:09 AM #93
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
Sounds like another *****y Romney supporter that knows that even with all of Romney's campaign resources he still can't win. McCain will win the nomination. He's about to pick up the Governator's endorsement to go along with Rudy's and is set to win big on Super Tuesday.
Sounds like another kool-aid guzzling Juan McAmnesty fan boy talking big because the MSM has managed to make his paper tiger tuffguy into a temporary heavyweight in an attempt to procure him the GOP nomination for their own reasons.

You're going to wake up in a different world the day after old Johnny gets the nomination.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 01-31-2008, 10:20 AM #94
pbmike15
Truth with a capital C

Quote:
Sounds like another kool-aid guzzling Juan McAmnesty fan boy talking big because the MSM has managed to make his paper tiger tuffguy into a temporary heavyweight in an attempt to procure him the GOP nomination for their own reasons.

You're going to wake up in a different world the day after old Johnny gets the nomination.
Something tells me the only reason the MSM is backing McCain so much right now is so they can drop him like a rock in the general election for a an easy Dem victory in 08.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:04 PM #95
Ionhotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkered89 View Post
I love ignorance.
I'd like to know what you find arrogant in my statement.

I have yet to see a Democratic candidate campaign that he or she would stop abortions, lower taxes, decrease government, increase military spending, etc etc.

I have never agreed with the social and economic views any Democrat has ever preached. So what is arrogant about not agreeing with their positions?

My feedback:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hot+feed back
Ionhotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:59 PM #96
Klaus

Klaus is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkjt510 View Post
He's the frontrunner going into Super Tuesday - you really think he's going to even give Romney a chance to come back?
I've got a hunch that his declining the offer may do more bad than good, he's got bad advisors!
Old 01-31-2008, 01:05 PM #97
Klaus

Klaus is a founding member
Quote:

I've been saying McCain/Lieberman since the start of this ****, I'd love to see that ticket. Fred Thompson and Rudy are also suitable VP choices...
Why call the man "another ****ty Romney supporter"? Romney will overcome, and don't think for one second that because the liberal loving/humping governor of Kaleefornya will mean ****, it won't! In regards to Lieberman, I like the man for having the testicular fortitude to do what he did, but he won't be on a ticket with McCain because McCain won't be on the ticket!
Old 01-31-2008, 01:11 PM #98
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmike15 View Post
Something tells me the only reason the MSM is backing McCain so much right now is so they can drop him like a rock in the general election for a an easy Dem victory in 08.
Agreed. And even if he does manage a win, he's likely to stick it to conservatives in a way that the Dem candidates could only dream of anyway. MSM wins either way, unless some people wake up in the next 6 days.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 01-31-2008, 01:37 PM #99
ClintonBaller2
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionhotshot View Post
I'd like to know what you find arrogant in my statement.

I have yet to see a Democratic candidate campaign that he or she would stop abortions, lower taxes, decrease government, increase military spending, etc etc.

I have never agreed with the social and economic views any Democrat has ever preached. So what is arrogant about not agreeing with their positions?
He said ignorant...
ClintonBaller2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:16 PM #100
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:

You don't even give the man credit for his resurgance. He was dead in the water just a few months ago and now will likely be the Republican nominee.

And you call McCain a paper tiger? What about flip-flopping, nonsurge supporting, newly-minted "conservative" Willard Romney? His name's not even Mitt. Were it not for his lying to recession stricken Michigan he wouldn't even have a credible win.

And if you think uprooting 12 million immigrants and more than 5% of our workforce is a truly logical and viable action in the face of possible recession, then you don't care about the economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
Why call the man "another ****ty Romney supporter"? Romney will overcome, and don't think for one second that because the liberal loving/humping governor of Kaleefornya will mean ****, it won't! In regards to Lieberman, I like the man for having the testicular fortitude to do what he did, but he won't be on a ticket with McCain because McCain won't be on the ticket!
McCain has the clearest path to the nomination of both parties. Not a lock, but very solid.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:27 PM #101
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

Quote:
You don't even give the man credit for his resurgance. He was dead in the water just a few months ago and now will likely be the Republican nominee.

And you call McCain a paper tiger? What about flip-flopping, nonsurge supporting, newly-minted "conservative" Willard Romney? His name's not even Mitt. Were it not for his lying to recession stricken Michigan he wouldn't even have a credible win.

And if you think uprooting 12 million immigrants and more than 5% of our workforce is a truly logical and viable action in the face of possible recession, then you don't care about the economy.
There goes the McCain supporters, completely avoiding the issue. Cool, he resurges, doesn't flip flop, the media likes him, and he brings together people from both parties. What is that gonna do for me? It'll keep me from joining the national guard, the IRS will continue to steal my money so the nation of Iraq can be rebuilt, I'll continue to see my family members on my mom's side be rejected the opportunity to see America while millions are awarded for jumping the fence, and I risk watching my less ambitious friends be drafted to bring a puppet democracy to Iran. But hey, at least he doesn't flip flop!

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:29 PM #102
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalm0ther3 View Post
There goes the McCain supporters, completely avoiding the issue. Cool, he resurges, doesn't flip flop, the media likes him, and he brings together people from both parties. What is that gonna do for me? It'll keep me from joining the national guard, the IRS will continue to steal my money so the nation of Iraq can be rebuilt, I'll continue to see my family members on my mom's side be rejected the opportunity to see America while millions are awarded for jumping the fence, and I risk watching my less ambitious friends be drafted to bring a puppet democracy to Iran. But hey, at least he doesn't flip flop!
Fearmonger much?
Old 01-31-2008, 03:40 PM #103
ProCarbinesRule! (Banned)

Quote:
Fearmonger much?
Whether he is or isnt. ask yourself if its worth the risk?
ProCarbinesRule! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:40 PM #104
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

Quote:
Fearmonger much?
Why? Everything I pointed out is completely true and affects me personally.

I am not going to join the national guard if I know I could be deployed to Iraq. I'll gladly fight for America, but no way am I putting my life on the line for Iraq. In the national guard I am guaranteed 2 out of my 4 years no deployment, and thats considering I don't get stop-lossed once I'm done.

The income tax allows the government to fund its extravagant foreign policy. We would not be in Iraq if there was no way to fund it. American tax money should be used to benefit Americans. Period.

My aunt, who is now dead without ever having the experience of seeing this country, was rejected a visit to America because she had nothing to offer. I am personally insulted when we have people like McCain refuse to enforce the law for people who simply jump a fence and become a part of American society. It pisses me off like you wouldn't imagine...

McCain does not take the option of military force off the table with Iran. In fact it could be argued he would be the most likely to instigate force. The US military already drafts its current members involuntarily. A draft will be needed to fight Iran and "fill the power vacuum" when we declare "mission accomplished". I don't wanna see anyone I know get entangled in this involuntarily.

So, it is a pretty personal election for me.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:16 PM #105
Swerve22

Quote:
McCain destroyed his support in the summer by blatantly reminding conservatives that *surprise surprise* he's still willing to do everything he can possibly to do go over the heads of the American people and try to ram his liberal ideas down our throats with his cloak-room country club buddies in the senate. Now because with the help of the adoring Mainstream Media he managed once again hoodwink enough independents into thinking he's some kind of "straight talker" enough to scrape off a 4 point win in New Hampshire and instantly be declared the "infallible frontrunner" I'm supposed to say "kudos"?

For every dollar of advertising money spent by Mitt Romney McCain gets $100 worth of loving and fawning MSM attention. This will of course end once McCain procures the nomination, and we're likely to see one of the biggest landslides in American history.

Quote:
And you call McCain a paper tiger? What about flip-flopping, nonsurge supporting, newly-minted "conservative" Willard Romney? His name's not even Mitt.
Ruh Roh! Big bad McStraighttalk wants to talk about flip flopping!
I wonder if you've actually been listening to any of the "straight talk" lately...

"straight talk" on the religious right:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XbrejLsixwk

"straight talk" on the confederate flag:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WN8EMmML-es

"straight talk" on ethanol:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bT3q3PVZ_ck

"straight talk" on Ethics Reform:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-CZLTFvMM_E

some classic "straight talk" on gay marriage:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-CZLTFvMM_E

some great "straight talk" on foreign policy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajm5J...eature=related

"straight talk" on abortion:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kQU0TF18ZfI

"straight talk" on the death tax:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SVumaLF79Uw

"straight talk" on immigration:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GEeJry0rAT8

"straight talk" on the Bush Tax Cuts:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dYsKiA3Myyw

Some more of McCain "straight talking" about how he's both for and against the Bush tax cuts:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wWr3rhGJviQ

Can't decide whether or not he would sign his own immigration bill:
http://hotair.com/archives/2008/01/3...igration-bill/

The list goes on and on and on and on. McCain's "straight talk" express seems to have a really bad habbit of taking the scenic route to the truth. But hey, did you know Mitt used to be pro-choice?

Quote:
nonsurge supporting
Well I can at least agree with you there. although McCain might not have been correct on the "withdrawl" quote he tried to use against Romney 3 days before Florida and during the debates last night and looked rather pathetic trying to make the connection, he could have slammed Romney much, much harder if he had used this quote instead:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Daily Star
...said Thursday that he hadn’t yet decided on precise benchmarks. “They’d have to be specific, and they (Iraqi government officials) would have to meet them,” he said.

Asked what penalty would be imposed if Iraq failed to meet his benchmarks, he said: “I think everybody knows the consequences. Haven’t met the benchmarks? Obviously, then, we’re not able to complete the mission. Then you have to examine your options.

...Only problem is, Romney didn't actually say that - it was actually said by the king surge supporting, righteously indignantly benchmark condemning straight talker himself, JOHN MCCAIN.

Seeing as you're such a staunch condemner of benchmarks and timetables, I'll be accepting your condemnation of McCain either publicly or via PM.

Quote:
You know, you're right. Let's make them all completely legal in 24 hours with the stroke of a pen like McCain wants to do (or doesn't now want to do, or wants to do either before or after he has "secured the borders" which is what he's apparently already done and bragged about doing in AZ, but needs to be the first priority before he either signs or doesn't sign the McCain Kennedy bill that he himself sponsored over the summer).

Sorry, I've got enough "straight talk" from Mr. McClinton to last me the rest of my adult life and then some. Stick a fork in him, he's finished in the general.

www.gunfacts.info

Last edited by Swerve22 : 02-01-2008 at 03:16 AM.