Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2008, 12:57 AM #43
pbmike15
Truth with a capital C
 
pbmike15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: columbus ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickel Suprise View Post
and the fact he's insane, and more than likely received a frontal labotomy several years back!
Any man who is able to disect an established government and find real solutions to problems that are over 100 years old is revered as a genious IMO. No other candidate is offering anything new other than Ron Paul. Just because you saw some video months ago about him claiming he believes in 9/11 conspiracy theories does not make him insane. He's also denied it 100 times more, but I guess you choose to ignore those claims right?

You're anti-RP rhetoric is getting old.


Anyways, so McCain seems to be gaining momentum...hopefully Huck can get some votes from the South and Mitt will carry the north to split the vote. Any other thoughts?
__________________
-----M REDHAWKS M-----
pbmike15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2008, 01:01 AM #44
Haga652001
Night divides the day
 
Haga652001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Boise Idaho
Haga652001 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmike15 View Post

Anyways, so McCain seems to be gaining momentum...hopefully Huck can get some votes from the South and Mitt will carry the north to split the vote. Any other thoughts?
Heres one: its going to be pretty much a win-win for the dems. we can look past that entire 100 years war thing.
__________________
War Is Peace|Freedom Is Slavery|Ignorance Is Strength
Haga652001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:02 AM #45
ThatGuy86
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: New Jersey
ThatGuy86 is a Supporting Member
ThatGuy86 plays in the PSP
ThatGuy86 supports our troops
ThatGuy86 plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlion View Post
alright, i voted for McCain simply because my ties with the military, econmy and pro-life anti-gay rights.

clinton is a women, and will A) be assasinated like the female iranian president B) not be respected as an american president to the rest of the world
oboma, is black. and will be shot by a redneck. so, we will not be lead by the person we elected, but the **** vice-prez.

not to be racist, but it is true. think about it.
I'm still trying to figure out if you were serious with this post.
__________________
OLED Luxe | 68/45 | 4 Virtue Spires | Gear

RIP DAN DONLON
ThatGuy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:07 AM #46
pbmike15
Truth with a capital C
 
pbmike15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: columbus ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haga652001 View Post
Heres one: its going to be pretty much a win-win for the dems. we can look past that entire 100 years war thing.
Yeah, plus his inability to comprehend basic economic understanding is another turn off (don't tell that to Florida voters though).

I'm coming to the realization that this country is too large for Democracy to work. Too many people voting and electing the wrong candidates for the wrong reasons. This country needs to go back to being a Republic where the Governors and States have more power.
__________________
-----M REDHAWKS M-----
pbmike15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:15 AM #47
rkwhoooooo
Male Model
 
rkwhoooooo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmike15 View Post
Yeah, plus his inability to comprehend basic economic understanding is another turn off (don't tell that to Florida voters though).

I'm coming to the realization that this country is too large for Democracy to work. Too many people voting and electing the wrong candidates for the wrong reasons. This country needs to go back to being a Republic where the Governors and States have more power.
Errr...do you mean confederacy? Right now, we're not a democratic nation we're a representative republic.
__________________
Fight off your demons

ΣX
rkwhoooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:39 AM #48
FlashZ33
REVO
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: MD
 has been a member for 10 years
FlashZ33 plays in the PSP
FlashZ33 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwhoooooo View Post
Errr...do you mean confederacy? Right now, we're not a democratic nation we're a representative republic.
.
__________________
FlashZ33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:40 AM #49
PDXMark
flopy head and beedy eyes
 
PDXMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Portland, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlion View Post
simply because my ties with the military
lol, tool!
__________________
PDXMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:44 AM #50
PDXMark
flopy head and beedy eyes
 
PDXMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Portland, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmike15 View Post
Yeah, plus his inability to comprehend basic economic understanding is another turn off (don't tell that to Florida voters though).

I'm coming to the realization that this country is too large for Democracy to work. Too many people voting and electing the wrong candidates for the wrong reasons. This country needs to go back to being a Republic where the Governors and States have more power.
Yes, awesome!


FlashZ33-
rkwhoooooo-
"FAIL"
__________________
PDXMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:46 AM #51
rkwhoooooo
Male Model
 
rkwhoooooo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXMark View Post
Yes, awesome!


FlashZ33-
rkwhoooooo-
"FAIL"
I did not fail sir. Nor did I have sexual relations with that woman.

But seriously. I didn't fail.
__________________
Fight off your demons

ΣX
rkwhoooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:44 AM #52
FlashZ33
REVO
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: MD
 has been a member for 10 years
FlashZ33 plays in the PSP
FlashZ33 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmike15 View Post
This country needs to go back to being a Republic where the Governors and States have more power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXMark View Post
Yes, awesome!


FlashZ33-
rkwhoooooo-
"FAIL"
That's pretty much the definition of a Confederacy when the states have more power than the Federal government.

In no way did either rkwhoooooo or I fail.
__________________
FlashZ33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:05 PM #53
pbmike15
Truth with a capital C
 
pbmike15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: columbus ohio
Yeah, I meant to say Confederacy. Articles of Confederation FTMFW.

There are just so many people voting for the wrong reasons that the best candidate to lead the country never gets chosen. People with genuine ideas on how to lead this country in a new direction get brushed aside, like Ross Perot, Pat Buchannon, and now Ron Paul. The more I watch this election prcoess transpire, the more I see my vote being worthless due to apathetic voters in other states who vote based off of pure ignorance. Lets take Florida for example: The number 1 reason people voted for John McCain (exit polls show that 45% of people agreed) was becasue of his strong economic policy.....WTF?! John McCain has been quoted as saying numerous times he has no economic understanding at all, and he would rely on his "cabinet" to do that for him. Why the hell are we letting these ignorant people dictate who gets elected or not?

I say we go back to a Confederacy where the Governors and State's have much more power within their own state. Let the Floridians **** up their own state, they've been doing a great job of it for the past 15 years. Let's just get rid of the Primary system alltogether so we have independents, and large numbers of republicans and democrats all in the general election vying for our vote. America is so out of sync right now...and I don't see it getting better any time soon.

/rant
__________________
-----M REDHAWKS M-----

Last edited by pbmike15 : 01-30-2008 at 12:32 PM.
pbmike15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:24 PM #54
Ionhotshot
 
 
Ionhotshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Neo-USSR
I'm surprised that Giulianni would drop out... I've always felt he was one of the stronger candidates this year.

If I may be totally honest, I don't care who receives the Republican nomination. 90% of the time, I'm a straight ticket voter, as I absolutely hate almost every stance Democrats take on all social and military issues.

So McCain/Romney/Huckabee/Giulianni/Paul 08 is where I stand.
__________________
"The society that separates its warriors from its scholars will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools."
- Thucydides



My feedback:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hot+feed back
Ionhotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:04 PM #55
FluffyMumkins
mluffyfumkins
 
FluffyMumkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Warrensburg
I can't take anyone seriously that likes McCain, Guilianni, Romney, Huckabee, or Clinton.
__________________
|Al Jazeera English|Foobar2000|SurplusRifle|AmmoEngine|RFC|Tag's Trance|DailyTech|NOAA|MetaCritic|
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.". - Benjamin Franklin
paintballbum - get out of here with your logic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
FluffyMumkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:26 PM #56
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionhotshot View Post
If I may be totally honest, I don't care who receives the Republican nomination. 90% of the time, I'm a straight ticket voter, as I absolutely hate almost every stance Democrats take on all social and military issues.
I have a question for you sir. You're at a dealership looking to purchase yourself a brand new Corvette, and the salesman leads you to a used Ford Tempo. The tag says "new corvette", but it's obviously a used Tempo. When you attempt to voice your concern to the salesman that this isn't the car you're looking for he laughs, calls you foolish, and tells you to get with the times - everybody knows this car is a corvette. Do you buy it? Do you believe it's a corvette because it says so on the tag?

McCain is no Corvette, look past the tag.

***JUAN *MCCAIN* 2008***
A FUTURE
WITHOUT BORDERS
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:28 PM #57
rkwhoooooo
Male Model
 
rkwhoooooo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmike15 View Post
Yeah, I meant to say Confederacy. Articles of Confederation FTMFW.

There are just so many people voting for the wrong reasons that the best candidate to lead the country never gets chosen. People with genuine ideas on how to lead this country in a new direction get brushed aside, like Ross Perot, Pat Buchannon, and now Ron Paul. The more I watch this election prcoess transpire, the more I see my vote being worthless due to apathetic voters in other states who vote based off of pure ignorance. Lets take Florida for example: The number 1 reason people voted for John McCain (exit polls show that 45% of people agreed) was becasue of his strong economic policy.....WTF?! John McCain has been quoted as saying numerous times he has no economic understanding at all, and he would rely on his "cabinet" to do that for him. Why the hell are we letting these ignorant people dictate who gets elected or not?

I say we go back to a Confederacy where the Governors and State's have much more power within their own state. Let the Floridians **** up their own state, they've been doing a great job of it for the past 15 years. Let's just get rid of the Primary system alltogether so we have independents, and large numbers of republicans and democrats all in the general election vying for our vote. America is so out of sync right now...and I don't see it getting better any time soon.

/rant

The Articles of Confederation failed for a reason. If you think hyperpluralism or even PLURALISM, for that matter, applies to Congress now - then you haven't read about a Confederacy. Now, I know as a libertarian you're wary of the Federal government, and that's fine to a degree - but how practical is a confederation when applied to the real world?

Problems with the Articles of Confederation/Confederacies in general:

* Currency Problems: Many states printed their own money. The national currency, meanwhile, became almost worthless

* Intrastate Commerce: States placed tariffs on each other's goods. This, combined with currency problems, led to a sharp decline in intrastate commerce

* Foreign Trade: Other countries placed tariffs and trade restrictions on US goods; the US was not able to reciprocate. The absence of a strong navy also left US merchant ships vulnerable to pirates.

* Foreign Affairs: The inability of the national government to raise an army left the US vulnerable. For example, key provisions of the Treaty of Paris, which ended the Revolutionary War, were not enforced. As a result, the British continued to occupy forts in the Northwest territory -- landed that had technically been ceded to the US.


To reciprocate those issues, you'd have a government not much like a Confederacy anymore.
__________________
Fight off your demons

ΣX
rkwhoooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 03:42 PM #58
PDXMark
flopy head and beedy eyes
 
PDXMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Portland, Oregon
Confederate States of America
The confederate south wanted to create a nation away from the 'American Republic' ideals. In esense, they didn't want to be states of the union under union law, because union law gave support to those looking for freedom, while all the time during their fight, the confederates never drew up a document stating 'all men are created equal'. This would give rise to resentment from more angles than the confederacy could handle as a long term organization.
If you go back and read, you'll see that the leaders of the confederacy didn't like the idea of land owners having a say in the vote, leaders of the confederacy wanted the vote to stay with the career politicians. Confederates like 'Joseph Johnston' believed that commoner-man could not handle the irritation which comes with large scale decission making. Today we call this Federalism, an ideology that makes one believe that someone in a lower position than themselves, mentally don't have the knowledge of what it takes to run a system. So the Federalist believe it's best for the ppl if the Federalist make their decisions for 'their' people. That is in the simplist terms "a dictator-ship".

As example: McCain on CNN has stated he does not believe the American ppl are handling Iraq properly, but gave no definition on what he ment by that. If you read between the lines, seems like McCain thinks we don't know how to run our nation. This is the way a Federalist thinks, a true Republican finds ways to get the power back to the people.

As far as Republican GOP stands, what we see today from the Republicans was a role taken by the Dems just 20 years ago- Flip-flopping!
__________________

Last edited by PDXMark : 01-30-2008 at 03:49 PM.
PDXMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:01 PM #59
Adema3412
Give me fiction
 
Adema3412's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyMumkins View Post
I can't take anyone seriously that likes McCain, Guilianni, Romney, Huckabee, or Clinton.
So basically you can't take any Republicans or people who support Clinton seriously.
__________________
I can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all
It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized
discipline. But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Adema3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:06 PM #60
FluffyMumkins
mluffyfumkins
 
FluffyMumkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Warrensburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412 View Post
So basically you can't take any Republicans or people who support Clinton seriously.
Don't be so quick to generalize it into a blanket statement.
__________________
|Al Jazeera English|Foobar2000|SurplusRifle|AmmoEngine|RFC|Tag's Trance|DailyTech|NOAA|MetaCritic|
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.". - Benjamin Franklin
paintballbum - get out of here with your logic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
FluffyMumkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:41 PM #61
Bunkered89
Ride or Collide
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Miami, FL
Bunkered89 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bunkered89 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bunkered89 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionhotshot View Post
I'm surprised that Giulianni would drop out... I've always felt he was one of the stronger candidates this year.

If I may be totally honest, I don't care who receives the Republican nomination. 90% of the time, I'm a straight ticket voter, as I absolutely hate almost every stance Democrats take on all social and military issues.

So McCain/Romney/Huckabee/Giulianni/Paul 08 is where I stand.
I love ignorance.
Bunkered89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:04 PM #62
Paint Freak 98
Front Lean and Rest
 
Paint Freak 98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Maine
 has been a member for 10 years
McCain is more liberal then some of the democrats. Plus, I hate to use the age thing, but come on now!
Paint Freak 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:09 PM #63
rkwhoooooo
Male Model
 
rkwhoooooo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Freak 98 View Post
McCain is more liberal then some of the democrats. Plus, I hate to use the age thing, but come on now!
Really? He's MORE liberal than some of the democratic candidates? Which ones are you speaking of? The ones that want an immediate pullout of Iraq or the ones who want universal healthcare?
__________________
Fight off your demons

ΣX
rkwhoooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump