PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-29-2008, 08:20 PM #1
gamerz99

ACI maverick mods???

Hello,

So. I have an old ACI maverick, completely stock, sitting in my garage collecting dust. Because I'm not using it that much, what mods could I possibly do that wont affect it much, and that would make it more fun to play with?? Heres what im thinking of:

1. Cut the barrel down... Not to sure how to do this (hacksaw lol), probably cut it down to 6 inches or so... Would this affect the accuracy, noise, range etc???

2. Cut the pump arm down... Not much, maybe only an inch. Would it make the pump arm to weak to use that it will break???

3. 12 gram changer... pretty standard...

4. T stock... anybody know if phantom T-stocks fit on mavericks? If not, how to go about making your own...

5. 10 or 15 rnd tube feed. How to make it???

Thanks for the help
gamerz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2008, 09:31 PM #2
Albert 93

Albert 93 helped look for balloons
Albert 93 is playing at Living Legends III
Albert 93 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Albert 93 supports Team VICIOUS
1. If your gonna cut the barrel down, use a pipe cutter.

"Originally posted by sixty nine: albert, your my hero."

"Originally posted by Paintballerbenny: My life achievements are defined by the approval of Albert 93"
Albert 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:47 PM #3
gamerz99

Ok, what if you dont have a pipe cutter

Anyhow, will it affect the accuracy, noise, range, etc...

And if anybody has any other ideas for mods feel free to tell me.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:58 PM #4
gamerz99

Anybody???
Old 01-30-2008, 05:01 PM #5
Sankster-kelly

uh

i dunno..but i think you just just sell the maverick and buy a phantom and then just get sweet/good mods for that and its a pretty damn good pump.

the mods you should get are: a 14" barrel and a vcs mod kit.
Sankster-kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:41 PM #6
gamerz99

I would, but im kind of short of cash
Old 01-30-2008, 07:42 PM #7
Sankster-kelly

heh..

its worth it.. just sell your mavrick i u want to upgrade a pump.. u might aswell buy a phantom and upgrade that.
Sankster-kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:08 PM #8
Kenny_McCormic (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerz99 View Post
Hello,

So. I have an old ACI maverick, completely stock, sitting in my garage collecting dust. Because I'm not using it that much, what mods could I possibly do that wont affect it much, and that would make it more fun to play with?? Heres what im thinking of:

1. Cut the barrel down... Not to sure how to do this (hacksaw lol), probably cut it down to 6 inches or so... Would this affect the accuracy, noise, range etc??? No it will get louder, become less accurate (unless you cut it off with a lathe and know what your doing, may decrease range until you turn the velocity up (which will in turn reduce efficiency)

2. Cut the pump arm down... Not much, maybe only an inch. Would it make the pump arm to weak to use that it will break??? You could but I dont see any benefits other than it looking like ****

3. 12 gram changer... pretty standard... Yep just a bolt up mod

4. T stock... anybody know if phantom T-stocks fit on mavericks? If not, how to go about making your own... No, not unless it has holes in the frame for a bottomline, you would need to make a custom adapter block for the handle so it would have asa mounting holes.

5. 10 or 15 rnd tube feed. How to make it??? A piece of pvc pipe, a 90* pvc elbow and a mini ghetto speed feed (get creative look at the phantom for ideas).

Thanks for the help
Answers in bold.
Kenny_McCormic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 05:38 PM #9
zz rai
One and only

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerz99 View Post
Hello,

1. Cut the barrel down... Not to sure how to do this (hacksaw lol), probably cut it down to 6 inches or so... Would this affect the accuracy, noise, range etc???

2. Cut the pump arm down... Not much, maybe only an inch. Would it make the pump arm to weak to use that it will break???

3. 12 gram changer... pretty standard...

4. T stock... anybody know if phantom T-stocks fit on mavericks? If not, how to go about making your own...

5. 10 or 15 rnd tube feed. How to make it???

Thanks for the help
1. Longer barrels does not always mean more distances. I have a Lapco Bigshot 14in and 8in, they both shoot the same distance. Accuracy comes from the quality and size of the paint you are using. Noise level will remain the same unless you do something else to your barrel .

2. 1 inch should affect it too much unless you are messing with the linkage arm of where the it connects to the bolt.

3. I use both 12 gram and bottom line on my maverick. On 12gram, you will probably need a stock.

4. I've actually imagined it, the new L-stock for the phantom m16 grip looks like it will work.

5. Here is your answer.
zz rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:58 AM #10
pananda
im a square

zz rai, what type of frame will fit? I imagine the anything phantom becase they are both nelson based. Please clear this up for me cuz the maverick frame is plastic
Old 03-01-2008, 12:19 AM #11
W.M.D
Wonderfully Mindful Dirt

Any Phantom Lonestar grip will work. (Where the pistol grip itself comes off and not the frame.)

I had someone take side by side comparisons of the bottom of a Maverick and Phantom and the Phantom holes for the frame are a little big...or small....I forgot.
If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away from the game eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions, you have failed as a paintballer. Put this in your sig to help spread the word.

Russian Legion Fan Club #1140

Speedball has nothing to do with how fast you shoot and everything to do with how fast you move. - Crawdaddy (PBF)
W.M.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:15 PM #12
ElPanda
CAD/CAM

voided warranty section ftw :headbang:

ABET Accredited Level II Machinist - CNC programmer - Mech. Engineering Technologist
Polarst*r Engineering and Machine

ElPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:19 PM #13
pananda
im a square

well i was hoping to bottomline my maverick, but there are no holes in the frame *duh* cuz its plastic
Old 03-24-2008, 04:40 PM #14
mayor
Awana

Quote:
Originally Posted by pananda View Post
well i was hoping to bottomline my maverick, but there are no holes in the frame *duh* cuz its plastic
you can use a phantom 45 frame on it. Thats what I did to my trracer, then made it hawaiian style
Old 03-24-2008, 07:01 PM #15
pananda
im a square

Ive been having troubles with rollouts from the stock barrels

i need some detents (duh) but theres no where to put them and no place in the barrel for o rings like phantoms...

suggestions.........
Old 03-24-2008, 07:12 PM #16
Kenny_McCormic (Banned)

Piece of tape folded over the breach end of the barrel works great works great.
._
{|}1/4 inch wide strip of electric tape sticking ~1/4" into barrel
{|
..|<inner barrel wall
Start with one strip, if it isnt enough put in another one opposite of the first.
Kenny_McCormic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:50 PM #17
zz rai
One and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by pananda View Post
The type of bottomline that fits the maverick/trracer's euro grip is the Lonestar bottomline and the Euro-grip bottomline. Both of these I haven't seen on pb websites for a long long time. Click on my sig and you can see the what the euro-grip bottomline looks like on a maverick. I think your best bet is to change the handle or the entire grip frame to a 45, and then get a regular stock, bottomline, etc. Because Maverick stuff are really hard to find these days, I've only see the J&J barrel still floating around on J&J's site.

Also, there is a screw inside the grip handle. When you add a Lonestar or a Euro grip bottomline on there you will need to find a long version of that screw to hold the entire set up together. I got my screw from the Lonestar set up many years back. I've heard that it is possible to find it in a hardware store.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by zz rai : 03-25-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:11 PM #18
zz rai
One and only

Edit**

I'm going to convert my maverick to a VSC in a few weeks. Ordering the parts for phantoms right now: 45 grip, adjustable t-stock, 15 rnd feeder, and the vertical air adapter. I'll let you know how it goes in a few weeks
Old 05-24-2008, 10:00 AM #19
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Ta-da.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 10:44 AM #20
pananda
im a square

where did you get the 45 frame i cant find any...
Old 05-24-2008, 10:48 AM #21
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

http://www.wevopaintball.com/pumppaintball.html

Part #3045
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote