PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-30-2008, 03:38 PM #43
turdfurgason
You stay classy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
It's one thing to not like a candidate personally or not completely trust a candidate, it's a far different thing voting for a candidate that you KNOW does not espouse any of your views because you think they're the "lesser" of two evils.

The "I want to beat the dems by electing my own dem" argument doesn't hold much water with me.
i totally agree, but there is NO candidate that is WORTH voting for, none share my views or support my views enough to warrant a vote from me. with that said there are no 3rd parties out there with enough pull to get a candidate seen on any media outlet.
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2008, 01:57 AM #44
PDXMark
flopy head and beedy eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by turdfurgason View Post
i totally agree, but there is NO candidate that is WORTH voting for, none share my views or support my views enough to warrant a vote from me. with that said there are no 3rd parties out there with enough pull to get a candidate seen on any media outlet.
There you go with "your views" again! What about the economy, does that not matter to you?
Old 01-31-2008, 02:18 AM #45
Swerve22

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwhoooooo View Post
McCain has and will always be more conservative than Obama or Hillary. So while I understand your antipathy regarding McCain, he's still NOT a democrat.
What arguments can you show me that will put McCain right of center on anything but Defense (which is debateable), pork, or social issues (which is debatable).

Actually, don't bother. He could be the second coming Pat Buchannan today and he'd still have done more damage to the Conservative cause in his cloakroom senate days than any democrats could have even dreamed of doing.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:23 PM #46
turdfurgason
You stay classy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXMark View Post
There you go with "your views" again! What about the economy, does that not matter to you?
show me where it says i should vote for something other than my views.....
Old 02-02-2008, 02:19 AM #47
shocktrooper
no stinkin' Badges

at least he admits he knows less about the economy. that way he can appoint someone who knows and keep the hell out... A president is really only as good as the people around them, really.

"why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly"
"because her father is Janet Reno"
-John McCain haha

people who say that McCain doesn't respect the majority opinion need to realize that the majority isn't always right. If the majority had its way in the 40's we would not have entered "Europe's war". I hate to use a WW2 analogy but it works here. Looking at Vietnam it's obvious we would have won if we stayed longer.

Last edited by shocktrooper : 02-02-2008 at 10:18 AM.
shocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:53 AM #48
JcKa
post-Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocktrooper View Post
at least he admits he knows less about the economy. that way he can appoint someone who knows and keep the hell out... A president is really only as good as the people around them, really.

"why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly"
"because her father is Janet Reno"
-John McCain haha

people who say that McCain doesn't respect the majority opinion need to realize that the majority isn't always right. If the majority had its way in the 40's we would not have entered "Europe's war". I hate to use a WW2 analogy but it works here. Looking at Vietnam it's obvious we would have won if we stayed longer.
Actually after Pearl Harbor the majority of the nation was pro-war. That was the appropriate time to enter. And the president should always respect the majority's opinion, whether he believes it or not, because he is our president. He serves us.

We've already seen in this past administration what happens when the country is run by technocrats, I don't feel like going back.
JcKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:02 PM #49
shocktrooper
no stinkin' Badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcKa View Post
Actually after Pearl Harbor the majority of the nation was pro-war. That was the appropriate time to enter. And the president should always respect the majority's opinion, whether he believes it or not, because he is our president. He serves us.

We've already seen in this past administration what happens when the country is run by technocrats, I don't feel like going back.
yeah but FDR wanted to enter earlier. The majority didn't care about the ww2 until we ourselves got hit.
shocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:20 PM #50
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcKa View Post
And this is why we give congress the power to declare war.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 05:21 PM #51
JcKa
post-Hipster

Well the whole thing with the neocons was this theory of inherent authority that more or less stated since we have the title of "chief" and were elected by the people, we have the inherent authority to do what we please, as the part where you can have your opinion (in electing officials) is over, now it's up to us to decide for you (with little input from you). That lead to the whole justification of amassing of power under the presidency.
JcKa is offline   Reply With Quote