Community Focus

Old 01-29-2008, 11:22 AM #1
ProCarbinesRule! (Banned)
Man made God

John McMoron

why does this man have support.

he has been quoted as saying, "i know nothing about economics"

Mitt Romney burried him when he asked him about it

all john McCain could say was, while completely stumped i might add "Well i would rely on my secretaries as that is their job, i want to build a team." etc

either way i dont see 100 years occupation, a continuation of Bush ideals, amnesty for illegals, poor economic policy, poor foreign policy, and blatant lies as being a good candidate for presidency.
ProCarbinesRule! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2008, 11:42 AM #2
Gatyr

Gatyr plays in the PSP
Gatyr supports Cereal Killerz 2
Gatyr is an NCPA player
Gatyr plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCarbinesRule! View Post
....and blatant lies as being a good candidate for presidency.
Sounds like you are stuck between a rock and a hard place then friend. What perfect being are you going to write in as your vote for president?
Old 01-29-2008, 01:10 PM #3
Man made God

i dont know yet it depends on the 2 primary candidates.

i was making a statement on the wide support McCain seems to draw from.

I personally do not see any positives in him getting elected. i prefer a leader who will solve our current issues not continue them. we are near a recession if not already in it. our economy is a trillion plus in debt. id like to see a leader who will have some knowledge of the issue.

not to mention that a "100 years" war or occupation of iraq or any country for that matter seems rediculous as is to imperialistic policy we have adopted.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:14 PM #4
pbmike15
Truth with a capital C

The only plus I see to a John McCain presidency is that he is bi-partisan on many issues, which will mean many more laws being passed, and much less veto action.

Oh that and the fact that John McCain is so old he will probably die before his term is over with so we wouldn't have to put up with him for too long...
Old 01-29-2008, 01:18 PM #5
Nick Alder
Doesnt Care Anymore

Nick Alder is a Supporting Member
please dont tell me your going to vote for that **** candidate romney...
Nick Alder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:26 PM #6
Man made God

No but i'd take romney over mccain any day. again to me it comes down to whoever is in the general election. i do not like the idea of socialized healthcare so it would be hard to vote democratic. BUT i do not see either candidate as being able to change it anyway.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:49 PM #7
pbmike15
Truth with a capital C

Quote:
No but i'd take romney over mccain any day. again to me it comes down to whoever is in the general election. i do not like the idea of socialized healthcare so it would be hard to vote democratic. BUT i do not see either candidate as being able to change it anyway.
I don't like the idea of staying in Iraq, mainting a two front war, defecit spending, partisan politics, inflation, dependency on oil, alliances with terrorist nations, and healthcare that is only affordable to the middle and upper class.

That's why it's hard for me to vote for a Republican.

Last edited by pbmike15 : 01-29-2008 at 01:54 PM.
pbmike15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:51 PM #8
Man made God

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmike15 View Post
I don't like the idea of staying in Iraq, mainting a two front war, defecit spending, partisan politics, inflation, dependency on oil, alliances with terrorist nations, and healthcare that is only affordable to the middle and upper class.

That's why its hard for me to vote for a Republican.
amen.

i probably should have added at the end something at the end of the post.

for the record im not a republican
Old 01-29-2008, 01:56 PM #9
pbmike15
Truth with a capital C

Quote:
amen.

i probably should have added at the end something at the end of the post.

for the record im not a republican
Ah I see. I actually am conservative, and believe that the best way to solve these issues is through conservative principles.

However, The Republicans controlled all three branches of the federal government at one time and nothing was accomplished except larger government and war. Unless Ron Paul wins the nomination, I will most likely vote for a Democrat this election (unless it's Hilary)
Old 01-29-2008, 01:59 PM #10
Swerve22

has been a member for 10 years
CNN is once again having a love affair with John McCain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNN
Sen. John McCain of Arizona and former Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts appear to be neck-and-neck in the Republican primary. If McCain wins in Florida, his status as the national front-runner will be cemented.

If Romney comes out on top, the battle for the GOP presidential nomination will be up in the air.
Apparently according to CNN it is impossible for Romney to be a frontrunner no matter how many states he wins, how many delegates he gets, or how many votes he gets.

If Romney wins FL, he will STILL have the most delegates, he will STILL have the most votes thus far, and he will STILL have won more primary states than any other candidate, AND he will have won more primary states than all the other candidates combined.

According to CNN, this puts the frontrunner status "up in the air". But if McCain scrapes by with a less than 5 point margin in FL like he managed to do in NH and MI, he's suddenly "cemented" as a front runner? Give me a break CNN.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:09 PM #11
Man made God

then again if you turned on fox news they'd tell you he already is the front runner. he won florida. and He is the best thing to happen to this country since Bush.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:19 PM #12
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmike15 View Post
The only plus I see to a John McCain presidency is that he is bi-partisan on many issues, which will mean many more laws being passed, and much less veto action
Unfortunately he brings together the big government democrats and the warhawk neo-conservative Republicans. Pretty much the polar opposite of Ron Paul lol, and the last thing I want is a bunch of laws being passed and signed by President John McCain.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:19 PM #13
pbmike15
Truth with a capital C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
CNN is once again having a love affair with John McCain

Apparently according to CNN it is impossible for Romney to be a frontrunner no matter how many states he wins, how many delegates he gets, or how many votes he gets.

If Romney wins FL, he will STILL have the most delegates, he will STILL have the most votes thus far, and he will STILL have won more primary states than any other candidate, AND he will have won more primary states than all the other candidates combined.

According to CNN, this puts the frontrunner status "up in the air". But if McCain scrapes by with a less than 5 point margin in FL like he managed to do in NH and MI, he's suddenly "cemented" as a front runner? Give me a break CNN.
Isn't the news great?

Personally I think MSNBC does a pretty fair job of evaulating the candidates, and is less biased than CNN and Fox. Do any of you watch Bloomberg TV? that is especially good.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:20 PM #14
Furious Ge0rge (Banned)
Don't Tax me, Bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalm0ther3 View Post
Unfortunately he brings together the big government democrats and the warhawk neo-conservative Republicans. Pretty much the polar opposite of Ron Paul lol, and the last thing I want is a bunch of laws being passed and signed by President John McCain.
Yea, John Mccain = bad.
Furious Ge0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:37 PM #15
PDXMark
flopy head and beedy eyes

Quote:

all john McCain could say was, while completely stumped i might add "Well i would rely on my secretaries as that is their job, i want to build a team." etc

either way i dont see 100 years occupation, a continuation of Bush ideals, amnesty for illegals, poor economic policy, poor foreign policy, and blatant lies as being a good candidate for presidency.
His support is funded by William Krystol of the PNAC!
That should give you all the info you need if you research the to key words!
Old 01-29-2008, 02:39 PM #16
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

If Buddhism were real Bill Krystol is the reincarnation of Hitler.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Old 01-29-2008, 03:14 PM #17
JcKa
post-Hipster

John McCain lacks understanding of economic theory, diplomacy, and an understanding of where a majority of this country wishes to head in regards with foreign policy.

I hate to admit it, but if you look beyond his unique religious beliefs, Romney deserves the Republican nod (coming from a centrist on a lot of issues) as he is not a fear-monger relying upon pity and imperialist rhetoric to prove leadership, is committed to fiscal reform, and is particularly interested in tackling the immigrant issue.
JcKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:18 PM #18
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

While 11 years before that (25 from today) Ron Paul was preaching the same thing he preaches today:

I didn't have to look at his religious beliefs to decide I didn't like him. I don't exactly like Ron Paul's either. To vote for someone means you think there is no other qualified person in America that will make a better president than your choice, and thats just not the case with Romney.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:29 PM #19
JcKa
post-Hipster

I would never vote for him, just think he's the most deserving of the Republicans to get the nod (from a Republican's perspective), as he'd likely be the best one to bring them back down to earth.
JcKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:31 PM #20
Swerve22

Wow, you're really breaking new ground here....Romney flipped on abortion? Wait till the people find out - he's finished!

Thanks for bringing this bold new issue to the debate

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:36 PM #21
RedzFacNum24

Quote:

Actually no he hasn't been quoted saying "I know nothing about economics" that is a gross misquote. What he did say was that he knows more about military than he does about economics which shouldn't shock anyone because his entire career prior to politics was in the military. If you'd actually do some research you would see McCain has a much better economic record than Romney. Massachusetts is in bad economic shape since Romney took over. McCain on the other hand has been the head of multiple economic senate comities.
RedzFacNum24 is offline   Reply With Quote