PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-18-2010, 08:29 AM #1
Rock30Games

Input? Summer/Fall Events

Working on planning 3 events this summer/fall around the area of Bismarck.

2 regular tournaments and 1 "themed" event in the fall (themed event secret -until I can work out the details).

Thinking of doing capture the flag tournaments for the experienced players and adding a side area for training and shooting range for people wanting to learn the sport - thoughts?

Also, looking for suggestions on dates for the 2 regular tournaments.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2010, 10:02 AM #2
iver

you mean like capture the flag, speedball, airup bunkers, and that sorta thing right? Not like capture the flag in the woods with camo and mud and trees.....? Just makein sure
iver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:11 AM #3
diablodow
The fluffy snake player

diablodow supports Cereal Killerz 2
diablodow is for the Gunfight
How many per team you plan on having? Also if your looking only to more experienced teams to show up don't count on a large draw.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:53 PM #4
Rock30Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by iver View Post
you mean like capture the flag, speedball, airup bunkers, and that sorta thing right
Yep, thinking along those lines.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:55 PM #5
Rock30Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablodow View Post
How many per team you plan on having? Also if your looking only to more experienced teams to show up don't count on a large draw.
As many teams as we can get. I'm looking for experienced and not so experienced. We will probably take some markers out of inventory to use for rentals.

How many people came to the last Rock 30 Tournament (it was before my time here).
Old 02-18-2010, 07:53 PM #6
hibs10

ya agreed with diablodow, if you just have the more experienced teams play the capture the flag tourney, your not gonna have a big turnout. they tried to do the separate divisions for the rookie and experienced teams in the Battle for the Badlands tourney and it just didnt work out the best because of the lack of teams.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:56 PM #7
hibs10

also, not that i dont want the tourney either, because i want to play just as bad as everyone else.

and if the last rock30 tourney was in Baldwin, then i was there. there were a lot of teams that showed up, but they also combined all the teams into 1 division. so we had like 13 teams if i remember right.??
Old 02-18-2010, 10:45 PM #8
IversoN
B-Town Ballin'

yeah its hard to have tournys in nd...kids arent going to just jump into the sport and play twice a year...somehow u guys gotta setup a consistant place to play and have rec ball with some kind of field...wether its air ball or culverts or whatever...idk thats what i think
IversoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:37 AM #9
jdmH22!

if you all promote a tournament/field, have a legit plot of land to use in the bismarck area [one thats flat and ideal for a paintball field] and also some affordable prices i don't see how a paintball league would flop. just upkeep it and also have respectable people to help run it. the most successful place back home has a special every saturday night its 40$ for a case of paint, all day air, and field fee for the night. for a new person to go there and play it will cost them a total of 33$ for a rental [ion] all day air, field fee and a bag of paint [which surprisingly takes them forever to shoot]. as far as tourny's go just advertise a paintball tournament ideal for new players, keep the better teams in a smaller round robin bracket or have it set up like PSP where its race-to format or even use PSP rules and game play altogether that way the newer players are having fun and playing and the new guys are getting an idea of how the games played.

Last edited by jdmH22! : 02-19-2010 at 03:39 AM.
jdmH22! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:03 PM #10
diablodow
The fluffy snake player

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmH22! View Post
if you all promote a tournament/field, have a legit plot of land to use in the bismarck area [one thats flat and ideal for a paintball field] and also some affordable prices i don't see how a paintball league would flop. just upkeep it and also have respectable people to help run it. the most successful place back home has a special every saturday night its 40$ for a case of paint, all day air, and field fee for the night. for a new person to go there and play it will cost them a total of 33$ for a rental [ion] all day air, field fee and a bag of paint [which surprisingly takes them forever to shoot]. as far as tourny's go just advertise a paintball tournament ideal for new players, keep the better teams in a smaller round robin bracket or have it set up like PSP where its race-to format or even use PSP rules and game play altogether that way the newer players are having fun and playing and the new guys are getting an idea of how the games played.

Anyways before host something make sure you can support a field meaning do you have bulk HPA to use? What bunkeres do you have? Are they enough foe 5 v 5 or smaller? What refs will you have? Are they knowlegable. What about rentals and people to work on a rental that breaks?
Old 02-21-2010, 05:59 PM #11
iver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmH22! View Post
the bad news is that everyone has that exact idea when they set up the feild..and even tho you cant see how it would flop...they do flop. all the time. just sayin...
Old 02-23-2010, 04:24 AM #12
cdogg22
Si Fly

No field in ND is ever going to make it. The economy is **** in case you haven't noticed. Not to mention there are not enough people that are interested for a paintball shop/field to make a profit in ND. Iverson spent all that money to have a place to play not to mention all the time we put into it, and none of you Minot guys showed up once last summer. You sit here and talk about how much you want to play but you guys never do unless its absoultely convenient. Sack up and make the drive instead of *****ing about how you never have a place to play.

ROCK30- Not to bash on you guys but I dont think anyone at your company has much experience in paintball nor do you guys make enough money raping little kids on video games to ever open a paintball field and make a go of it. There are not enough people in this state that are seriously interested in the sport to make a go of a shop/field.

Talk to Iverson about using his field and getting tournament set up.

One Big Ass Mistake America
cdogg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:13 AM #13
iver

ya truth. Even if all the serious paintballers in the state lived in the same town..it would still barely be enough people for a feild to last.

on a side note..what is rock30 anyway?
Old 02-23-2010, 01:12 PM #14
Rock30Games

We understand that it is not cost effective to open a paintball field, that is why we are looking at the possiblity of using the Missouri Valley Fairgrounds here in Bismarck for 3 possible events this summer and fall.

We are just trying to help organize some events to help create interest in the sport and also give the people who love the sport the chance to play.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:12 PM #15
Rock30Games

Quote:
Ask you asking where the name came from or about our retail store?
Old 02-23-2010, 01:15 PM #16
Rock30Games

Iverson - Question, do you carry rentals, such as markers & masks, or is your field bring your own equipment?
Old 02-23-2010, 01:17 PM #17
Csy_Ericks0n
Cool Catch Phrase

Csy_Ericks0n supports Team VICIOUS
Csy_Ericks0n supports Bob Gurnsey
Csy_Ericks0n is an NCPA player
Csy_Ericks0n supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Its a game shop, they sell video games and accessories and even a little paintbullets gear if i remember correctly. Nates right, if you were to try to open a field to purely make money, it would never work, but this is a good idea because if you host these tourneys and get people involved, then you can start to host more and more of theses things, because more and more people will show up. We need to get a larger group of people involved in this sport. I will be back in nd this summer, and i will try and help any way i can
Old 02-23-2010, 01:54 PM #18
diablodow
The fluffy snake player

ya I can help with whatever when im not working 6 days a week 12 hours a day to pay for school.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:50 PM #19
IversoN
B-Town Ballin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock30Games View Post
Iverson - Question, do you carry rentals, such as markers & masks, or is your field bring your own equipment?
I have random stuff for kids if their short, but its prett much bring your own gear, i supply paint and air. lmk if u wanna set something up with me this summer
IversoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:31 PM #20
Rock30Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by IversoN View Post
I have random stuff for kids if their short, but its prett much bring your own gear, i supply paint and air. lmk if u wanna set something up with me this summer
Yes, I will stay in contact with you.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:34 PM #21
Rock30Games

Tentative Dates:

June 26 and July 24, 2010 - Capture the Flag Tournaments (working out details)

September 18, 2010 - our themed event, basing the idea on this (www.zombieadventure.com). Not exactly the same, but something similiar, still working on details.
ReplyRegional Ups