PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-28-2008, 02:45 PM #1
miniballer24
"mow many" is my moto

ape board for the mini

whats your first hand experience with it. im getting a used one for 45 and wanted to know what its like befor i buy

I QUITE SALE MAGNA, JERSEY, MYTHED TANK, ECT, FOR CHEEAAPP!!! COME LOOK!!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2799287
miniballer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2008, 08:39 AM #2
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
I'll say up front, I don't have the Mini board, but I do have Shocker and Quest APE boards.

Construction wise, the Shocker board is solid, although it's a pretty tight fit in the marker, and the board could be cut a little cleaner, but nothing that has any effect on the performance. The Quest board doesn't look quite as solid, but then, it has a Raider's logo inset on to the board, so that may account for the board not looking as neat. On the whole, construction quality appears good.

APE boards have a reputation for being complicated to program, and there's some truth to that, but only because you are given so many parameters to adjust. You can ignore some of them - if it doesn't need adjusting, leave it alone. There are five memory banks, so you can always pre-program your favourite modes and settings in advanve, and just switch between memory banks rather than having to keep changing settings.

You have ten firing modes (on the Mini board), including two 3-step, user definable ramping modes. If unlocked, all ten modes can be accessed by tapping the power button to scroll through them. From the board, you can program which modes are available to you, or lock the board to a single mode. Each memory bank allows the same - you can set which modes are available in which bank. Modes are adjustable in most respects - you can set the number of shots in a burst, the number of shots fired on both the pull and release of auto-response mode, rate of fire with eyes on or off, ramp activation rate, ramp activation shot count; there's lots of scope for adjustment. About the only thing missing is a fine rate of fire adjustment. There are also several breakout options that can be added to any of the available modes.

You have all the marker control setting that you would expect - dwell, ABS, eye mode, bolt delay, load delay etc.

Everyone claims to have the best eye logic and trigger response, so I tend to take that with a pinch of salt unless a boards response is noticeably worse than everyone else's - no problem here.

That's the positives, and to my mind there's a lot of them.

Negatives? Now, like I said, I don't own the Mini board, but looking at the manual, one strange omission jumps out at me - there's no mention of any adjustable debounce options. That is the only thing that would concern me about this board. Perhaps I'm missing something subtle, but I just can't spot debounce and that seems like a strange thing to leave off the board.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote