Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2008, 02:35 PM #22
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
New Hampshire's pretty white.
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2008, 02:40 PM #23
Bunkered89
Ride or Collide
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Miami, FL
Bunkered89 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bunkered89 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bunkered89 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
New Hampshire's pretty white.
Iowa takes the cake for whiteness, though
Bunkered89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:58 PM #24
ipoppedtimmy
Tony
 
ipoppedtimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Chapel Hill
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
New Hampshire's pretty white.
And losing by a small margin proves he can run with Hillary.
__________________
UNC
12/29

Buy my Fender Deluxe Tube Amp!
Buy My Autococker Paintball Package
ipoppedtimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:13 PM #25
Truthiness
 
 
Truthiness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoppedtimmy View Post
And losing by a small margin proves he can run with Hillary.
Especially since it was a closed primary, which means his support from independents was not factored in. Just like Nevada.
Truthiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:34 PM #26
I love Impulses
Keep Calm and Booze On
 
I love Impulses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Happy Hour
I love Impulses is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Freak 98 View Post
He's won in the whitest state and the blackest state.
Won, as in past.

Black men got the right to vote before women. Remember that.
__________________
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Why We Drink

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I love Impulses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:44 PM #27
ipoppedtimmy
Tony
 
ipoppedtimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Chapel Hill
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love Impulses View Post
Won, as in past.

Black men got the right to vote before women. Remember that.
I have no idea what you mean by that.
__________________
UNC
12/29

Buy my Fender Deluxe Tube Amp!
Buy My Autococker Paintball Package
ipoppedtimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:10 PM #28
Bunkered89
Ride or Collide
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Miami, FL
Bunkered89 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bunkered89 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bunkered89 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoppedtimmy View Post
I have no idea what you mean by that.
Me either
Bunkered89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:13 PM #29
The 2008 Account
 
 
The 2008 Account's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Galway
I don't either, what are you implying?
__________________
The Walrus was Paul

Libertarianism-the radical notion that you don't own other people
The 2008 Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:22 PM #30
FuzzyFish
 
 
FuzzyFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Carlsbad, California
 has been a member for 10 years
I dunno about Obama....I'm kinda concerned by how good of a speaker he is. That makes me think he could be a complete phony and acting all the time, lol. I'm just paranoid and suspicious I guess.
__________________
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —George W Bush Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
FuzzyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:24 PM #31
ipoppedtimmy
Tony
 
ipoppedtimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Chapel Hill
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyFish View Post
I dunno about Obama....I'm kinda concerned by how good of a speaker he is. That makes me think he could be a complete phony and acting all the time, lol. I'm just paranoid and suspicious I guess.
So you'd prefer to elect a bad speaker?
__________________
UNC
12/29

Buy my Fender Deluxe Tube Amp!
Buy My Autococker Paintball Package
ipoppedtimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:25 PM #32
Bunkered89
Ride or Collide
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Miami, FL
Bunkered89 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bunkered89 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bunkered89 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyFish View Post
I dunno about Obama....I'm kinda concerned by how good of a speaker he is. That makes me think he could be a complete phony and acting all the time, lol. I'm just paranoid and suspicious I guess.
Yeah. Intelligence directly relates to phoniness. Bush is probably the most sincere guy.
Bunkered89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:16 PM #33
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04
 
Animalm0ther3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cary, NC **WE GOT CUP**
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoppedtimmy View Post
So you'd prefer to elect a bad speaker?
Speaking skills should be a non issue. In fact I wish we could just vote for a platform in the voting booth instead of an actual person.
__________________
D Shizzle 924 is a woman.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:26 PM #34
hmmmDonut
Life fails **
 
hmmmDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pembroke Pines, fl.
hmmmDonut is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalm0ther3 View Post
Speaking skills should be a non issue. In fact I wish we could just vote for a platform in the voting booth instead of an actual person.
The President of the United States is the obligatory head of the government. Speaking skills are an essential to the job. Are you really proud that our country is being represented by a man who doesn't have a firm grasp on the English language?
hmmmDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:27 PM #35
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04
 
Animalm0ther3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cary, NC **WE GOT CUP**
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmmDonut View Post
The President of the United States is the obligatory head of the government. Speaking skills are an essential to the job. Are you really proud that our country is being represented by a man who doesn't have a firm grasp on the English language?
Speaking skills aren't going to do anything for the people living paycheck to paycheck or the mothers of soldiers dying for a country on the other side of the world, so no, I personally don't give a **** how the head of the executive branch speaks.
__________________
D Shizzle 924 is a woman.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:34 PM #36
hmmmDonut
Life fails **
 
hmmmDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pembroke Pines, fl.
hmmmDonut is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalm0ther3 View Post
Speaking skills aren't going to do anything for the people living paycheck to paycheck or the mothers of soldiers dying for a country on the other side of the world, so no, I personally don't give a **** how the head of the executive branch speaks.
Diplomacy comes through speaking. I want a president that can convey his ideas in a clear and concise manner, and not trip over words that I learned in second grade.

If you do not think speaking is important, then how would feel if our next president was a fat slob? Face it, as a politician presentation is probably the most important thing.
hmmmDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:35 PM #37
FuzzyFish
 
 
FuzzyFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Carlsbad, California
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Yeah. Intelligence directly relates to phoniness. Bush is probably the most sincere guy.
I dont trust people who appear to be selling you something.... I guess its just instinctive and probably not a good way to gauge politicians. Bush for instance is a horrible speaker with a horrible agenda. But i have a natural fear of people who can outsmart me, ima vote for another missing link in our evolutionary process like Bush.

Bush makes me feel smarter --->

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"—Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

"I understand small business growth. I was one."—New York Daily News, Feb. 19, 2000
__________________
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —George W Bush Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
FuzzyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:50 PM #38
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04
 
Animalm0ther3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cary, NC **WE GOT CUP**
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmmDonut View Post
Diplomacy comes through speaking. I want a president that can convey his ideas in a clear and concise manner, and not trip over words that I learned in second grade.

If you do not think speaking is important, then how would feel if our next president was a fat slob? Face it, as a politician presentation is probably the most important thing.
I'd be perfectly fine with a president that could exercise diplomacy and push legislation without speaking skills. Thats not always the case however, and a president would need speaking skills to persuade Congress or diplomats, but rarely does that play much of a role. If a president NEEDS these skills to get stuff done, perhaps theres something wrong with what he's pushing. I like to look at how much Bush and Ron Paul have accomplished with subpar speaking skills. As far as being a fat slob, the golden rule applies. We stay out of his/her personal life, he/she stays out of ours.
__________________
D Shizzle 924 is a woman.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:50 PM #39
Bunkered89
Ride or Collide
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Miami, FL
Bunkered89 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bunkered89 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bunkered89 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyFish View Post
I dont trust people who appear to be selling you something.... I guess its just instinctive and probably not a good way to gauge politicians. Bush for instance is a horrible speaker with a horrible agenda. But i have a natural fear of people who can outsmart me, ima vote for another missing link in our evolutionary process like Bush.

Bush makes me feel smarter --->

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"—Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

"I understand small business growth. I was one."—New York Daily News, Feb. 19, 2000
Do you have any exact example pertaining to how Obama's speaking skills make it sound like he is "trying to sell something?" I guess Martin Luther King Jr. was trying to sell people things too. What a dodgy fellow.
Bunkered89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:52 PM #40
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmmDonut View Post
The President of the United States is the obligatory head of the government. Speaking skills are an essential to the job. Are you really proud that our country is being represented by a man who doesn't have a firm grasp on the English language?
Actions speak louder than words.
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:58 PM #41
hmmmDonut
Life fails **
 
hmmmDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pembroke Pines, fl.
hmmmDonut is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalm0ther3 View Post
I'd be perfectly fine with a president that could exercise diplomacy and push legislation without speaking skills. Thats not always the case however, and a president would need speaking skills to persuade Congress or diplomats, but rarely does that play much of a role. If a president NEEDS these skills to get stuff done, perhaps theres something wrong with what he's pushing. I like to look at how much Bush and Ron Paul have accomplished with subpar speaking skills. As far as being a fat slob, the golden rule applies. We stay out of his/her personal life, he/she stays out of ours.
Even though Paul is a relatively poor speaker he still has no problem conveying his ideas. He is also a fairly talented writer which I'm sure makes speaking for him easier.

I by no means need a president with as amazing delivery as Obama, but it is just as important to look presidential as it is to act presidential.
hmmmDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:03 PM #42
hmmmDonut
Life fails **
 
hmmmDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pembroke Pines, fl.
hmmmDonut is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
Actions speak louder than words.
Action can only be completed by communication. No communication, no action.
hmmmDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump