PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-17-2008, 08:21 PM #22
toop

has been a member for 10 years
That sucks. I'm guessing they're not interested in any of that stuff yet until they are up for a bit longer (still somewhat of a new place).

A nice place like that has gotta give up a sponsorship sooner or later
toop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:15 PM #23
redc5vette

yea thats what im kind of thinking too, but it is the one and only time im going to ask them, if they want a good team to sponsor then they will have to ask my team
redc5vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:25 PM #24
fatpballer82

From what i understand about sponsership. They have all these teams that want to be sponsored by ballers. They want to play for free and get paint cheap. OK fine but what will that bring them, the same group of players. While that is fine and dandy they are trying to get as many new ppl introduced into the paintball community. So that is why they are putting so much advertisement out there. So all in all the more new players that play may like it and bring their friends. Means more ppl will play paintball and with more ppl maybe then they can lower prices.
fatpballer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:51 PM #25
redc5vette

having a team play in a national tournment will bring them alot more business then a ad on tv
Old 02-22-2008, 07:04 PM #26
toop

What I'm guessing is that they're making enough money as it is, so why bother sponsoring and etc if they don't need to...

Anyways, I've been hearing prices should be going down soon....
Old 02-22-2008, 09:48 PM #27
fatpballer82

Quote:
Originally Posted by redc5vette View Post
having a team play in a national tournment will bring them alot more business then a ad on tv

Yeah they already did T.V. Remeber the ad they had going for the grand opening.

I FAIL
Old 02-22-2008, 11:14 PM #28
pballbeast
I Kill for Vengeance

Truth be told a small place like this won't want to sponsor a team. Try getting a sponsorship from a larger field and it will still be hard. You are not offering them much in return for them not making a profit. Unfortunately everyone wants, wants, wants and doesn't give anything back to the sport. Why do you think that so many companies are struggling and why sponsorships are harder to come by? They can bring in a birthday group every weekend with that tv ad and will make more money then you can bring them.

I personally think that if they lowered their prices their level of service and the quality of the facility will do enough for them. I think they have an awesome place if leveraged correctly. They are new so it will be awhile before they get everything figured out.

If the prices were competitive for to those of 20bps more tournament players will go... especially during the summer. I would pay a $10-20 premium if I could bring my own paint and play in the heat of the summer. That would be worth it for me, especially given the location.

Chris
Old 02-24-2008, 12:05 PM #29
fatpballer82

Thank you pballbeast. They are in the works to cater to our speedball market. They are offering a team practice day with diffrent paint. Now from what i was told compared to what the avrage team pays for paint and play it would cost you about the same to play @ ballers or 23. So in time this place will only get better, but there is a learning curve for them so be patient.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:35 PM #30
redc5vette

yea i talked to a few workers there yesterday about it, i guess he invested about 2.5 mil in the place, thats why they are charging so much right now, tthey did say they are gonna lower the prices soon, but the team day thing paint is gonna be 40 a case with the same entrance fee, and its not gonna be black shell so the empires and pulse will work lol
Old 02-24-2008, 01:47 PM #31
ionball3r73
asdf... respect it

empire and pulse are the only 2 that work right now with the black shell paint because they dont use eyes empire goes off sound and pulse uses pressure halos are the ones with eyes and the black shell paint confuses them
Old 02-24-2008, 02:10 PM #32
toop

hey c5 what kinda gear do u wear? i was there yesterday too
Old 02-24-2008, 09:02 PM #33
redc5vette

my hpnotiq jersey "blue" and yellow dye pants, haha old school proto switch, and i was using one of the workers black and yellow timmys, been two weeks and my gear still isnt here, im guessing your the guy in red only promaster i saw there, i think it was a promaster lol black and red
Old 02-24-2008, 09:04 PM #34
toop

oh yeah i remember ya...yeah that was me well i was using the red w/ black freestyle...and my gf was the one using the black promaster
Old 02-25-2008, 07:31 PM #35
redc5vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionball3r73 View Post
empire and pulse are the only 2 that work right now with the black shell paint because they dont use eyes empire goes off sound and pulse uses pressure halos are the ones with eyes and the black shell paint confuses them
bull**** there, my pulse and my buddies empire b didnt work at all, i had to use a friends velocity jr, and he used a tsa backman halo
Old 02-25-2008, 07:32 PM #36
redc5vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by toop View Post
oh yeah i remember ya...yeah that was me well i was using the red w/ black freestyle...and my gf was the one using the black promaster
hit me up next time you go and ill swing out there again, haha hopefully my gear will be in by then
Old 02-26-2008, 10:18 AM #37
UNRpandora
Team Prison Shank

i live in chicago but i have a house in fountain hills right outside of scottsdale. im not familiar with the area out there its more my parents that know. does anyone know an estimation of time to get there from my area to mesa. im a d3-d2 xball playa if anyone wants to meet me up there ill tell u the dates im comin in maybe i can play with some locals. even though nppl will be a bit of a change but ill handle it lol. and if someone could borrow me a hopper and tank cause im only bringin my gun and my clothes seein as travelin with a tank is a huge *****. thanks hopefully someone replys and can help me out

Proud starter of the well known phrase "punish him"

Xbox live- ta ares
UNRpandora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 07:09 PM #38
redc5vette

i got a hopper you can use and they rent tanks for like 5 bucks, and what part of fountain hills, it would be about a 20 minute drive im thinking, since i go to the scottsdale pav's for the car show and it only takes me about 20 in traffic to get there

stuff for sale take a look have just about everything you would want

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post49193343
Old 02-26-2008, 07:10 PM #39
toop

hmm i was thinkin about checkin out the car show at pavs ... are there a lot of cars that show up?
Old 02-26-2008, 08:08 PM #40
redc5vette

depends on the night man its a hit or miss

Old 02-26-2008, 10:31 PM #41
UNRpandora
Team Prison Shank

so its pretty close to scottsdale and fountain hills ur sayin? if so thats cool. im comin in on the 22nd and leavin the 28th so if anythin i would have to go the 23rd the sunday. thats when everyone plays right? thats how it is here im not sure there. but yea if anyone has an extra carbon fiber tank i could borrow thats would be great.

Proud starter of the well known phrase "punish him"

Xbox live- ta ares
UNRpandora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:09 AM #42
redc5vette

if your taling march 23rd ill come ut and play, but i dont have an extra tank just hopper, and you can rent a tank there for 5 bucks and its air not c02

ReplyRegional Ups