PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-30-2008, 11:28 AM #64
Chris w/RapidFire PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalee72 View Post
As cool as that is, do you have any idea how much the monthly rent (or mortgage) on one of those is?? Heating/cooling costs??

There is a reason you don't see those getting filled back up too quickly once they close.
I know what you mean. I checked into a building in Tulsa that is the size of the one I own in Hominy and it was 17000 a month, with a three year lease.
Chris w/RapidFire PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2008, 12:10 PM #65
D-man[WarLlamas]
Old and in the way

Annual Supporting Member
D-man[WarLlamas] posts videos on PbNation
D-man[WarLlamas] plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris w/RapidFire PB View Post
I checked into a building in Tulsa that is the size of the one I own in Hominy and it was 17000 a month, with a three year lease.
What's the minimum sq footage for a place? including field, RR's, game room, pro shop, tech shop, storage, etc OR what's the dream size for the best place? Just wondering.

60k?, 80k?, 100k+?

Chris - Been keeping my eyes open for places in Tulsa for you. (Would be nice to have a big enough parking lot to setup the reball field too!)

D-man
D-man[WarLlamas] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:58 PM #66
Chris w/RapidFire PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-man[WarLlamas] View Post
What's the minimum sq footage for a place? including field, RR's, game room, pro shop, tech shop, storage, etc OR what's the dream size for the best place? Just wondering.

60k?, 80k?, 100k+?

Chris - Been keeping my eyes open for places in Tulsa for you. (Would be nice to have a big enough parking lot to setup the reball field too!)

D-man
My building is 50000 sq ft now and I wish it was about 60000 I have checked in to buildings that are in bad locations and that are old and I can't find anything less than 17000 a month. If I could find something for about 8000 a month and that wouldn't make me commit for longer than a year, I would be in tulsa tomorrow.
Chris w/RapidFire PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 03:40 PM #67
$$187$$
405 NVD

close to edmond

187!!!!
$$187$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:39 PM #68
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

Annual Supporting Member
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the PSP
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 donated to help Peyton Trent
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports our troops
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the APPA D2 division
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports DLX Technology
Its Crazy how many people are against or think paintball in OKC will fail
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:52 AM #69
woodskilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDRPRVLGD_V2 View Post
i'm for it
woodskilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:35 AM #70
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Gray View Post
You are welcome to call me for information or to discuss statistics anytime. I can be reached at 8565038886.
Ill be calling you
Old 02-05-2008, 12:17 AM #71
ophooligan
Avid Death Squad

has been a member for 10 years
ophooligan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Originally Posted by UNDRPRVLGD_V2

I don't think that anyone on this thread wants paintball in OKC to fail. I do think that some of the people on this thread don't want to see you flush your money down the drain. I've been around paintball in OK/Texas for the last 14 years and I have only seen one field do it "right" in my opinion. That was the Paintball Factory in Dallas. They didn't make it longer than a year, and they started with deep pockets. He had EVERYTHING you were talking about. Good lighting, 45k fills, great food, the best turf I have ever played on, heat/air, and a pro shop. The overhead was just way too much.
If you want to be successfull in paintball, take all the money you are thinking about spending, find some land in the OKC city limits and put it all into an outdoor field. Travel, look at the most successfull fields in OK/Texas, find out what you like about them and bring it back to yours. Why would you want to spend all that cash on an indoor field when you can play outside 9-10 months out of the year here in OKC? If you were to put your time and money into an outdoor field and provide actual clean restrooms with running water, clean shaded area with tables for familys or groups, quality equipment, and a professional courtous staff you would own the market. All the fields in the OKC area have so far been unwilling to spend the cash to "do it right" the way I would. Some have started, but none have followed through. I've been to every indoor in that has been in OKC, and even helped run the one that was open the longest. It's tough, and your money is better spent on 50 acres outdoors.
Get with Ryan at Kee, he's got some great information about the OKC market and the paintball industry.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:19 AM #72
bunkerkingap1
I-40 Fuel

bunkerkingap1 plays in the PSP
bunkerkingap1 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
bunkerkingap1 plays in the APPA D4 division
this is the man to listen to in my opinion. he knows what he's talking about.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:26 AM #73
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

Annual Supporting Member
Ive spoken with Ryan at KEE and Im looking forward to working with him in the future ... Trust me I want to see this not only as a business succeed but on my own personal level
Old 02-05-2008, 09:05 AM #74
generalee72
Knight who says Ni

generalee72 is a Moderator
generalee72 is a Supporting Member
generalee72 donated to help Peyton Trent
generalee72 supports our troops
generalee72 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
generalee72 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDRPRVLGD_V2 View Post
I'm not going to go back and read everything to make sure I'm right, but It seems that most of the "nay-sayers" are concerned about INDOOR paintball. But that has little to do with OKC and everything to do with the FACT that most people in the industry consider indoor paintball to be a financial black hole, due to the fact that they fail at a cyclic rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophooligan View Post
If you want to be successfull in paintball, take all the money you are thinking about spending, find some land in the OKC city limits and put it all into an outdoor field. Travel, look at the most successfull fields in OK/Texas, find out what you like about them and bring it back to yours. Why would you want to spend all that cash on an indoor field when you can play outside 9-10 months out of the year here in OKC? If you were to put your time and money into an outdoor field and provide actual clean restrooms with running water, clean shaded area with tables for familys or groups, quality equipment, and a professional courtous staff you would own the market. All the fields in the OKC area have so far been unwilling to spend the cash to "do it right" the way I would. Some have started, but none have followed through..... It's tough, and your money is better spent on 50 acres outdoors.
QFT!!!

Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. –Lou Holtz (via-John Maxwell)

Advice for the thread: "how to open a paintball store"
NastyShock3r: hey guy's i live in miami i need help to open a paintball store can anyone help or can tell me what i need to do?
midstatepaintball: That's easy! Just push on the front door of the store if it says "push", or pull on the door if it says "pull".

Last edited by generalee72 : 02-05-2008 at 09:08 AM.
generalee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:07 AM #75
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

Annual Supporting Member
Im doing alot of research about what OKC can suit and bringing the best place possible to OKC
Old 02-05-2008, 09:58 AM #76
Chris Cole
One Case, No Kill

Chris Cole owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Chris Cole supports Team VICIOUS
Chris Cole supports Bob Gurnsey
We all want to see a high quality indoor in the metro area succeed. None of use want to see someone's blood, sweat, tears and money go to waste. I've played at 3 different indoors in this area all which had good and bad things about them. I also got to play at the now defunct Paintball Factory in Dallas, which was indeed the dream facility.

Being as I currently drive to Woodward twice a month for practice, I would love someplace I can go during the week to do drills and get more trigger time. That being said, being open during the week is a bit of a drain. It's hard to get the players in to justify the cost of having the doors open on any given day.

I wish you luck and look forward to playing at least once at your facility. I just don't want to see another indoor fail. Oh, and Daddy, you the man.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:36 PM #77
Foss035

I love this idea i live in norman and have to travel a ways every weekend i want to go......and also I know u dont want any kids doing stuff but me and my friends are 14 and 15 and we would be wiling to ref for u.

Smart parts ion w/Virtue board
Freak jr. kit ion/impulse threads
Halo B w/Victory board
Pure enrgy tank
PM me for prices!
Foss035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:59 PM #78
jerrodp1
JG

jerrodp1 plays in the PSP
a big deal to me is the type of bunkers
mighty bunkers are cheap but I hate playing on them. it would be cool to have a 2008 supair psp field.
make sure its a legit 5 man field not a field with 14 bunkers..
JFKizzaz
jerrodp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:54 PM #79
Jason S & G.

Smile

Well hello everyone. My name is Jason. I have been playing paintball since 1995. I have traveled all over and seen alot of different fields. Indoor and out. I have recently opened an Indoor field in Shawnee OK two weeks ago. I also have an outdoor field also. The Indoor field is an airball field with astro turf flooring with rubber flooring under that. The outdoor field has barrel and we have put wood chips on the whole field. We have our own compressor and we do fill to 4500 psi. We are a field paint only field. We only charge $10 for air and field fee, or $12 for Co2. Our paint is only $50 a case. I have seen alot of fields come and go. I am trying to work on a field that will help your tournament players get faster and better, along with the Rec. players and groups having a great time also. If you guys would like to check us out we are at 702 W. Independence Shawnee OK, 74804. or www.myspace.com/sngpaintball1. Thanks again and please help by telling all your friends and come out and support indoor/outdoor paintball fields in OKLAHOMA. any questions call 405-273-0555.
Jason S & G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:15 PM #80
cr4izyp4in708
Local Legend

faster is deffinately one thing that your field is.

A power so great and you've no idea what it means to possess another's mind.
TONY PUCKETT

cr4izyp4in708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:03 PM #81
sumsemperfi
the fat guy

sumsemperfi has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sumsemperfi has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
that was a good field real fast play the floor was a little slick though..
sumsemperfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:19 PM #82
Darkwulf
Pops!

Darkwulf owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I want to see more of the fields in Okla. I live in Sapulpa and have played the local field here and it's pretty decent. I think my sons are wanting to go to Rapidfire soon to see what Chris has there. S n G in Shawnee is another field I am curious about. And many others that my children want to hit.

As far as this dream field I think it would be great to have a place to play indoors. But I like the outdoor stuff too. My sons want to get into tournament style play also. So one place to serve as many different aspects as it could would be great. I have some ideas on various aspects but will keep them to myself being that I am fairly new to paintball. If you wish to PM me I would be glad to offer any ideas that I have. I'll check back in to see what else gets said. Keep on dreamin you never know what might happen.
Darkwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:11 PM #83
UnLucky13
U CAN'T HANDLE MY GATGAT

UnLucky13 plays in the APPA beginner division
In my opinion, I would like to see more field/stores in the bare areas of Oklahoma...for example I live in Sapulpa and we have an old driving range that isn't being used for anything at all and it could sustain 3 maybe 4 different airball courses or whatever kind of field you want to put there and for the guys that love airball what a perfect place to have a few different style courses and its not being used for anything!!!
Rick "BIRDMAN" Alexander #13

Silver and Gold Marq Vic
UnLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:32 PM #84
SprayNPray417
TULSA HEAT

yea.. dude your right rick.. that driving range is completely flat level and theres alot of field.. plus its right inbetween central sapulpa and the Walmart everyone likes to shop at.. plus since kellyville doesnt have a walmart they all come to ours to.. so the locations probably gold for an outdoor field

“You're in the midst of a war: a battle between the limits of a crowd seeking the surrender of your dreams, and the power of your true vision to create and contribute. It is a fight between those who will tell you what you cannot do, and that part of you that knows, and has always known, that we are more than our environment; and that a dream, backed by an unrelenting will to attain it, is truly a reality with an imminent arrival.”

SprayNPray417 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups