PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-25-2008, 06:42 PM #1
Barnaby Buckwald
Epic Winnar!

Big Media

The most radical and nonconforming candidate on the Democratic ballot for president gets absolutely no recognition from the media. His voice has even been silenced ever since he was purposely left out of several televised Democratic debates. What can make this man so evil, we have to shut him up?

He has HR676, Medicare For All, which covers healthcare for every single person inside the US. He wants reparations for all the descendents of slaves. He wants to fund an international peace keeping force. He wants to make large corporations pay all of their taxes, not just some. He wants to increase the mandatory mileage on cars. He wants to decriminalize marijuana, because drug abuse is a medical problem, not a law problem. He wants to keep jobs in American and out of China. He wants to save the environment. He wants to end our reliance on oil. He is the only candidate to vote “NO” to invade Iraq. Dennis Kucinich wants what is best for us, and not what is best for him.

Why have you not heard of these unique views? Because the media doesn’t want you to. People who would rather have a president that would save them money than have a president that would save thousands of lives are the ones who control what is on the nightly news.

I often wonder why Americans blindly follow what the television tells them to do. Mass media, and those running it, are now the ones deciding whom we vote for. They focus our attention on Hillary and Barack and John. But, there is no mention of Dennis Kucinich. What does this say about our country? Does this prove that the bureaucrats in the media really control the election? Does it prove that our country only eats what is spoon-fed? Or does it prove that our rights of free speech and free press are slowly being taken away?

Unfortunately, Dennis Kucinich has been forced to drop out of the race. As a result of his voice being muted, Dennis was unable to raise sufficient funds to maintain his bid for the presidency. He was a candidate for the greater good of America- a candidate who achieved his strength through peace.

But it is not all about Dennis. It is about Ron Paul and Mike Gravel and Duncan Hunter and Joe Biden and Sam Brownback and Bill Richardson. People complain that the news has a liberal or a conservative bias. The problem is not that the media leans towards a certain area, the problem is the media leans. We have the media forming opinions for us, and many haven't even realized it.

I urge you to do your own research on the candidates, don't let Big Media do it for you.
"Originally posted by Tacobueno V2: "And yay God said to Abraham, taketh thy herb and with fire consume it, for it is the dankest of dank. Seriously Abe, you gotta try this ****. I'm baked off my *** right now" - Luke 4:20"

Barnaby Buckwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2008, 08:02 PM #2
Jim96SC2

After reading what he's "for" I''m glad he dropped out. Whacko.
Jim96SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:05 PM #3
graysonp
Me = Awesome

has been a member for 10 years
The media relies on the same supply and demand as any other business in regaurds to profitability. They have target markets, and they're trying to appeal to their customer base in order to sell their product. Therefore, if the American public wants to know about Dennis Kucinich, the media will tell them about him.

Obviously, the free market has decided that noone cares about Dennis Kucinich, noone wants to know about him, therefore he gets little to no coverage.
graysonp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:01 PM #4
[JUSTIN]
●LOVE●

I've been with Dennis from the beginning. He was by far the most appealing candidate this year.

It's not Big Media's fault though. Dennis isn't owned by major corperations, he doesn't take campaign donations from just anyone. He watches who he deals with, he actually lives by the ideals he pushes. Unfortunately, the same can not be said for the majority of either major party.
[JUSTIN] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:17 AM #5
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim96SC2 View Post

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:03 AM #6
larry_wendel
What?

**** reparations.

He could hold every issue that I believe in besides that one and I wouldn't vote for him.
Kappa Sigma, OK, #3
larry_wendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 02:31 AM #7
zedtheundead

He was one of the few candidates that I respected, even if he was a bit crazy.
zedtheundead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:16 AM #8
Swerve22

Quote:

So has he beamed up to his spacecraft yet to regroup?

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:22 AM #9
Jim96SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post

So has he beamed up to his spacecraft yet to regroup?
Under arrest:

Jim96SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:27 AM #10
scumquat1
My friends call me Scum.

What a tragedy, Dennis is out of the race. Worse yet, it's because the media refused to give him coverage. Bwahahaha!

"Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes. It is a barnyard or stock-farm version of collectivism, appropriate to a mentality that differentiates between various breeds of animals, but not between animals and men." - Ayn Rand.
scumquat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:45 AM #11
RedMage138
Red Means Go

The media will never give fringe candidates on either side the same air time as any of the mainstream candidates. Thats just how it is. I don't think that we could afford a Kucinich or a Paul in office with all the partisan politics in our country right now. The next president has to be a uniter and not a divider, sadly it looks like whoever gets elected, that won't happen.

Current Infraction Count: 8

"Originally posted by Fat Joe: Yea well, this is ST:S. Serious. Business.".
RedMage138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 11:15 AM #12
Ionhotshot

He's dropped out of the race? Then what's the problem...

My feedback:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hot+feed back
Ionhotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:14 PM #13
Swerve22

Where did you copy and paste this OP-ED from, anyway?

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:38 PM #14
zedtheundead

have you guys seen his wife?

Hes a 5'6, vegan, believes in UFOs, and goes home to a hot *** wife every night. Dennis is the definition of a bad *** in my book.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:41 PM #15
The Crusader
Blowin' minds since 1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby Buckwald View Post
He has HR676, Medicare For All, which covers healthcare for every single person inside the US. He wants reparations for all the descendents of slaves. He wants to fund an international peace keeping force. He wants to make large corporations pay all of their taxes, not just some. He wants to increase the mandatory mileage on cars. He wants to decriminalize marijuana, because drug abuse is a medical problem, not a law problem. He wants to keep jobs in American and out of China. He wants to save the environment. He wants to end our reliance on oil. He is the only candidate to vote “NO” to invade Iraq. Dennis Kucinich wants what is best for us, and not what is best for him.
Everything except for that sounds good or at least reasonable.

As for the media covering **** up, I can't really make up my mind. If he had a more powerful campaign (aka more money), then i'm sure it would be a different story.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:43 PM #16
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crusader View Post
Everything except for that sounds good or at least reasonable.
Are you kidding?

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:58 PM #17
EmpireEmperor

EmpireEmperor is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
EmpireEmperor is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
Are you kidding?
Hey, there's a good chance that every person on Earth is descended from slaves in one way or another. I'd be glad to get some free money!
EmpireEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:01 PM #18
hmmmDonut
Life fails **

hmmmDonut is a Supporting Member
Good riddance. He was the most slimy and dishonest candidate running.
hmmmDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:02 PM #19
zedtheundead

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmmDonut View Post
Good riddance. He was the most slimy and dishonest candidate running.
oh lawdy
Old 01-26-2008, 06:43 PM #20
Furious Ge0rge (Banned)
Don't Tax me, Bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scumquat1 View Post
What a tragedy, Dennis is out of the race. Worse yet, it's because the media refused to give him coverage. Bwahahaha!
Furious Ge0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:21 AM #21
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

Quote:
If you believe in a representative democracy like the constitution establishes you should believe that these "whacko" views should at least be represented.

And the cable news networks have destroyed journalism. There is nothing wrong with an opinionated news show, but there is absolutely nothing in Bill Oreilly's show that can be described as journalism. What facts does he try to bring out?

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"

Last edited by Animalm0ther3 : 01-27-2008 at 12:24 AM.
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote