Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-24-2008, 08:31 PM #1
Jim96SC2

Politicians that just don't understand the economy

Just watching a snippet from the news talking about the market drop and its eventual return to normal. They were also discussing stimulus packages etc. I believe this was NBC/ABC news. Some democrat comes on saying how the poor were going to take the brunt of the force from this and how we need to loosen morgage lending practices to allow lower income families to get a home.

Do these nimrods not understand something as basic as this? Loosening morgage lending practices led to the housing market boom and bust. I dearly hope Ms. Pelosi and company are not going to put this as an addendum to Bush's tax cuts.
Jim96SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2008, 08:33 PM #2
Paint Freak 98
Front Lean and Rest

has been a member for 10 years
Just say a politician came on. You added democrat showing once again, your clear biased partisanship.
Paint Freak 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:56 PM #3
Bunkered89
Ride or Collide

Bunkered89 is a Supporting Member
Bunkered89 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bunkered89 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Meanwhile this Republican War has put us trillions in debt. See, I can be a party-loyal ignoramus too.
Bunkered89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:09 PM #4
Jim96SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkered89 View Post
Meanwhile this Republican War has put us trillions in debt. See, I can be a party-loyal ignoramus too.
"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
-- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
-- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
-- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

Do I need to pull up the voting records of the Iraq stuff? I'm sure there are plenty of democrats, including frontrunners in the election, that have voted for Iraq funding and actions. Have a nice day.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:20 PM #5
Paint Freak 98
Front Lean and Rest

False information a little?
Paint Freak 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:37 PM #6
scumquat1
My friends call me Scum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Freak 98 View Post
What's false? Are you saying he made up the quotes?

"Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes. It is a barnyard or stock-farm version of collectivism, appropriate to a mentality that differentiates between various breeds of animals, but not between animals and men." - Ayn Rand.
scumquat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:40 PM #7
Danegerous
is dangerous

Danegerous helped look for balloons
Don't say there's partisan bias in the CIA. Just don't.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:41 PM #8
LegacyWins

Paint freak, you have an Obama avatar, don't call people partisan, honestly.

And those are quotes... How can they be false information? I know you are still in high school, probably can't even vote, but I'm sure you understand the definition of quotation right?
Old 01-24-2008, 10:10 PM #9
AR55
conch shell warrior

AR55 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyWins View Post
I'm sure you understand the definition of quotation right?
Sounds like neo-con hate propaganda to me.
AR55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:32 PM #10
Bunkered89
Ride or Collide

Quote:
Paint freak, you have an Obama avatar, don't call people partisan, honestly.

And those are quotes... How can they be false information? I know you are still in high school, probably can't even vote, but I'm sure you understand the definition of quotation right?
Let's demean someone because they are in high school.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:36 PM #11
12LbChevelle
Tip your refs.

ALL the talk today in american politics points towards NO ONE knowing wtf is going on. Not the dems or repubs, ****in no one. HUGE lack of correct intelligence in every aspect of the ****in government.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:39 PM #12
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

McCain and Romney strike me as the dumbest when it comes to the economy... I don't think they've ever heard of the definition of inflation before.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:28 PM #13
LegacyWins

Animal what about the fact that governor Romney has more experience with the economy than any other candidate?
Old 01-24-2008, 11:34 PM #14
Bunkered89
Ride or Collide

Quote:
Animal what about the fact that governor Romney has more experience with the economy than any other candidate?
Bush and his people had plenty of "experience." They sure have done a fine job. I take "experience" with a grain of salt.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:39 PM #15
Jim96SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkered89 View Post
Bush and his people had plenty of "experience." They sure have done a fine job. I take "experience" with a grain of salt.
Pulled us out of the dot-com recession post 9-11. They did pretty good economically speaking.

Now they have to deal with the "lossened mortgage" problems and the media hype surrounding that.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:46 PM #16
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

Quote:
He has the most experience with a state economy, however the national economy has been the focus of Ron Paul's career for 2 decades. But yea Romney and Paul are probably the most well versed in economic issues, but I'm gonna have to go with Ron Paul when it comes to the national economy. Also I think Ron Paul has a better economic philosophy. (backed money, non-extravagant foreign policy)

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:13 AM #17
nyle
THIS IS MAJOR TOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Freak 98 View Post
If that can be said about Clinton, the same can be said about Bush.

Aerospace Engineering -- The University of Texas - Austin
nyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:21 AM #18
12LbChevelle
Tip your refs.

Yes my previous statement did not include Paul.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:36 AM #19
Adema3412
Give me fiction

Quote:
Would you care to address the problems that I had with Romney's economic "success" in the previous thread or are you just going to continue spouting unsupported rhetoric.
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Adema3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:16 AM #20
Truthiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim96SC2 View Post
Just watching a snippet from the news talking about the market drop and its eventual return to normal. They were also discussing stimulus packages etc. I believe this was NBC/ABC news. Some democrat comes on saying how the poor were going to take the brunt of the force from this and how we need to loosen morgage lending practices to allow lower income families to get a home.

Do these nimrods not understand something as basic as this? Loosening morgage lending practices led to the housing market boom and bust. I dearly hope Ms. Pelosi and company are not going to put this as an addendum to Bush's tax cuts.
so you're saying the party that got us 9 trillion dollars in debt is the one we should trust?
Truthiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:25 AM #21
Truthiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scumquat1 View Post
What's false? Are you saying he made up the quotes?
You have to remember that everyone in congress was told by the Central Intelligence Agency that Iraq had WMD.

Now since the CIA is an agency we would assume to be highly professional and trustworthy, we would therefore assume we could trust that it is indeed a "slam dunk".

I don't think you can fault your political opponets for voting for something because you told them they were all going to die if they didn't.
Truthiness is offline   Reply With Quote