Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-22-2008, 08:11 PM #1
allsor99

Xbox 360, no video, possible problems?

To make a long story short, I got the red rings of death back in December. I received a new unit in January. I hook it up to my TV, I hear sound, but no video. Wierd.

I borrow my friends cables (not the power box thing, but the yellow/white/red cables. Hook'em up, same thing.

So I think it may be my TV maybe from traveling with it back to school over Christmas. I take my friends cables back to him figuring mine would have to be fine. I hook my 360 up to another TV. Same thing, I can hear the 360 boot up but no video.

I then proceed to ship my unit back to Microsoft for repair. I just hook up my unit no later than 5 minutes ago and its doing the same thing. I would have to think the problem has to be on my side because it would be really odd for me to get two units with the same problem.

I'm about to try a different TV/different cables. And I may bring a 360 in my room to see if it boots up. I'm out of ideas so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Today is Day 38 since my system first broke in December (also got red rings in September but Im not angry about that )

Thanks for any help.

edit before I post: I heard Microsoft would ask you to pay for return shipping and not ship a new unit if you send them a working unit. So mine would have had to be broken?
allsor99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2008, 08:31 PM #2
hawk5755
London Lewis

Annual Supporting Member
hawk5755 plays in the PSP
hawk5755 donated to help Peyton Trent
hawk5755 is an NCPA player
hawk5755 is an NCPA National Champion
hawk5755 plays in the APPA D2 division