Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2008, 08:17 PM #64
paint in blood
 
 
paint in blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SO* CAL
 has been a member for 10 years
ninjarz- it doesnt have anything to do with the cleanliness. You're not hungry, therefor you waste away. Without food your body shuts down, your immune system is weakened,etc. Its like AIDS, usually the infected person doesnt die from AIDS itself, but from another disease that comes about.
__________________
I take 3 L's to the head. Love.Live.Life. Then I'm dead.

Last edited by paint in blood : 01-21-2008 at 08:19 PM.
paint in blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2008, 08:17 PM #65
ninjarz (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by JcKa View Post
Right, and these corporations would form overnight and instead of stopping the drugs (which are the tool drug dealers use to make profits) we just throw a curve by the drug cartels and hope they can't find a new way to profit from drugs? Sure.
The corporations would form very fast, if there is money to made, a corporation will seize the opportunity. Drug cartels won't be able to make money because they can't keep up with a huge corporation with a ton more money than them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paint in blood View Post
ninjarz- it doesnt have anything to do with the cleanliness. You're not hungry, therefor you waste away. Without food your body shuts down, your immune system is weakened,etc.
It's not the heroin that directly hurting you in those cases. Anyway, this argument is irrelevant to whether or not drugs should be legal or not.

Last edited by ninjarz : 01-21-2008 at 08:20 PM.
ninjarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:19 PM #66
icp1327
 
 
icp1327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Boise, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjarz View Post
The corporations would form very fast, if there is money to made, a corporation will seize the opportunity. Drug cartels won't be able to make money because they can't keep up with a huge corporation with a ton more money than them.
You really think that corporations have more money than the drug cartels?
__________________
"So silently, almost on little cats feet" Nancy "I am an idiot" Pelosi
TELL A CALIFORNIAN
Doctors are 9000 times more likely to kill someone than a gunowner....GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE DOCTORS DO!
icp1327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:19 PM #67
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04
 
Animalm0ther3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cary, NC **WE GOT CUP**
What is the point of the "MORE PEOPLE WOULD USE" argument? Are you basically saying that you're smart and wouldn't use more drugs, but other people are dumb and can't be responsible for themselves? Why is it any of your business if someone else uses drugs responsibly?
__________________
D Shizzle 924 is a woman.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:20 PM #68
paint in blood
 
 
paint in blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SO* CAL
 has been a member for 10 years
it isnt
__________________
I take 3 L's to the head. Love.Live.Life. Then I'm dead.
paint in blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:20 PM #69
icp1327
 
 
icp1327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Boise, Idaho
I don't really care what others do. You really don't think that more people would use, then become addicted, because there is no longer the fear of being caught using something illegal?
__________________
"So silently, almost on little cats feet" Nancy "I am an idiot" Pelosi
TELL A CALIFORNIAN
Doctors are 9000 times more likely to kill someone than a gunowner....GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE DOCTORS DO!
icp1327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:22 PM #70
47.magnum
Asleep at the wheel
 
47.magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjarz View Post
The corporations would form very fast, if there is money to made, a corporation will seize the opportunity. Drug cartels won't be able to make money because they can't keep up with a huge corporation with a ton more money than them.
Also whos to say since they can do it legally now the cartels with all of their knowledge on how to produce the drugs won't convert into a corporation, all they would have to do is start paying the taxes and setup some buildings to sell the drugs in. Then they wouldn't run the risk of getting arrested and still make a profit, and since there are taxes, it would run the price up even higher and make drugs less available just like Jcka wants.
47.magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:22 PM #71
ninjarz (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by icp1327 View Post
You really think that corporations have more money than the drug cartels?
I would think so, but I'm not positive.
ninjarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:25 PM #72
JcKa
post-Hipster
 
JcKa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UVM/DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47.magnum View Post
Also whos to say since they can do it legally now the cartels with all of their knowledge on how to produce the drugs won't convert into a corporation, all they would have to do is start paying the taxes and setup some buildings to sell the drugs in. Then they wouldn't run the risk of getting arrested and still make a profit, and since there are taxes, it would run the price up even higher and make drugs less available just like Jcka wants.
The profit margins of drug cartels are ridiculous, what makes you think cartels would corporatize and trade past profit margins for mediocre ones (especially when one considers the regulations involving monopolies)?
JcKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:27 PM #73
47.magnum
Asleep at the wheel
 
47.magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by JcKa View Post
The profit margins of drug cartels are ridiculous, what makes you think cartels would corporatize and trade past profit margins for mediocre ones (especially when one considers the regulations involving monopolies)?
Why would they drop their prices any just because they were legalized, now their prift should just go up since half of their drugs aren't being intercepted.
47.magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:28 PM #74
JcKa
post-Hipster
 
JcKa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UVM/DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47.magnum View Post
Why would they drop their prices any just because they were legalized, now their prift should just go up since half of their drugs aren't being intercepted.
Elaborate, I'm having trouble trying to understand what you are saying.

What I'd like to hear is what makes people so sure drug cartels won't find an even better way to capitalize off drugs (especially now that they're legal).
JcKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:31 PM #75
icp1327
 
 
icp1327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Boise, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkered89 View Post
"War on Drugs" is probably the biggest failure in modern times. It has been nothing but mostly propaganda and scare-tactic-driven. Very little truths.

edit: Drugs cause addiction? Last I checked these substances are NOT addictive:

1. Marijuana
2. LSD
3. Psilocybin
4. MDMA/MDA/MDEA

I think that covers most of the Schedule I drugs. Most "addictive" drugs you speak of are already LEGAL, Jim. That includes Cocaine, opiates/opiods, alcohol and benzos (Xanax). Weird, how the most damaging and addictive ones are legal.
Cocaine is only legal as a topical anesthetic. I believe that most people are not refering to this type of cocaine when they are speaking about drugs. You are talking about prescription drugs, which are legal when used IAW a doctors script.
__________________
"So silently, almost on little cats feet" Nancy "I am an idiot" Pelosi
TELL A CALIFORNIAN
Doctors are 9000 times more likely to kill someone than a gunowner....GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE DOCTORS DO!
icp1327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:32 PM #76
zedtheundead
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Houston TX/Key West FL
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JcKa View Post
Legalizing it would be stupid. Here's a drug, that within five years, will destroy your mind and body, and you say legalize and attempt to tax/regulate it? That's laughable. All that would do is say it's "Ok" to do this to yourself and would make it easier for people to do it to themselves.

Find a new way to stop it, don't throw money at the problem and act like it's doing something, don't legalize it. The whole "well if you can't beat 'em join 'em" strategy is downright retarded and inapplicable in the illegal narcotics trade.
How about you leave people the **** alone? If people want to be self destructive let them.
zedtheundead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:33 PM #77
icp1327
 
 
icp1327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Boise, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by JcKa View Post
Elaborate, I'm having trouble trying to understand what you are saying.

What I'd like to hear is what makes people so sure drug cartels won't find an even better way to capitalize off drugs (especially now that they're legal).
I think the drug cartels wouldn't go corporate but stay how they are. They would still bring the drugs into the country "underground."

People that use the excuse that drug cartels lose money when the US makes a huge bust must be using drugs themselves. These "huge" busts barely put a dent in their wallets.
__________________
"So silently, almost on little cats feet" Nancy "I am an idiot" Pelosi
TELL A CALIFORNIAN
Doctors are 9000 times more likely to kill someone than a gunowner....GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE DOCTORS DO!
icp1327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:35 PM #78
mynameisjonathon
This is the new sound..
 
mynameisjonathon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: TN
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47.magnum View Post
You say that most people wouldn't want it legalized, even though you one of the only ones in this thread against it even though you are on a forum that is dominated by southern conservatives.

Edit- and still why wouldn't we use our previous knowledge of legal drug regulation on drugs that are currently illegal.
Pbnation dominated by southern conservatives? haha.

Tobacco was never illegal.
__________________
aim yooler
Rain down, rain down
Come on rain down on me
From a great height
From a great height... height...
Rain down, rain down

http://www.bestpanamacitybeachcondo.com
mynameisjonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:36 PM #79
icp1327
 
 
icp1327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Boise, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedtheundead View Post
How about you leave people the **** alone? If people want to be self destructive let them.
Because people in the US would begin to whine and cry and say..."These companies knew that these drugs would do this to me. They didn't tell me it would hurt me. Now I am going to sue you for millions of dollars."

Also it not only affects them but it will affect others. DUI's are the same things. People would go out into public high and possibly drive and then they may possibly kill my family.
__________________
"So silently, almost on little cats feet" Nancy "I am an idiot" Pelosi
TELL A CALIFORNIAN
Doctors are 9000 times more likely to kill someone than a gunowner....GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE DOCTORS DO!
icp1327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:37 PM #80
47.magnum
Asleep at the wheel
 
47.magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by JcKa View Post
Elaborate, I'm having trouble trying to understand what you are saying.

What I'd like to hear is what makes people so sure drug cartels won't find an even better way to capitalize off drugs (especially now that they're legal).
Why would they drop their prices any just because they were legalized, now their prift should just go up since half of their drugs aren't being intercepted.

Means

They wouldn't drop their prices because their would be no reason to, they could if they wanted to though because as someone said the US catches and confiscates alot of drugs that are currently being imported to the US, giving the dealers a greater supply for the same price.
47.magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:38 PM #81
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04
 
Animalm0ther3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cary, NC **WE GOT CUP**
Quote:
Originally Posted by icp1327 View Post
Because people in the US would begin to whine and cry and say..."These companies knew that these drugs would do this to me. They didn't tell me it would hurt me. Now I am going to sue you for millions of dollars."

Also it not only affects them but it will affect others. DUI's are the same things. People would go out into public high and possibly drive and then they may possibly kill my family.
They couldn't sue if drug companies told them it would hurt them, just like legal drug companies do today.

And again, responsible drug use should be legal, not irresponsible use. Legalization of responsible use would do little to put you at even more risk on the roads.
__________________
D Shizzle 924 is a woman.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:42 PM #82
icp1327
 
 
icp1327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Boise, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalm0ther3 View Post
They couldn't sue if drug companies told them it would hurt them, just like legal drug companies do today.

And again, responsible drug use should be legal, not irresponsible use. Legalization of responsible use would do little to put you at even more risk on the roads.
Responsible drug use wouldn't? I just don't think that many people would use SOME drugs responsibly it is not possible, their are to many side effects to some of the illegal drugs out there.

EDIT---If someone could sue because they spilt coffe on themselves, "it was to hot" duh coffe is supposed to be hot. What about the guy who sued because he broke his leg while trying to rob some persons house? They all won and I guarantee that people would find a way to win in court.
__________________
"So silently, almost on little cats feet" Nancy "I am an idiot" Pelosi
TELL A CALIFORNIAN
Doctors are 9000 times more likely to kill someone than a gunowner....GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE DOCTORS DO!
icp1327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:55 PM #83
zedtheundead
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Houston TX/Key West FL
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by icp1327 View Post
Because people in the US would begin to whine and cry and say..."These companies knew that these drugs would do this to me. They didn't tell me it would hurt me. Now I am going to sue you for millions of dollars."

Also it not only affects them but it will affect others. DUI's are the same things. People would go out into public high and possibly drive and then they may possibly kill my family.
DUI's? By that logic outlaw alcohol. The reason DUI is illegal is because you are a danger to others, thus encroaching on their civil liberties. The same laws would still apply to other drugs.

And the first reason is retarded. Plenty of things are bad for you that companies sell. McDonald's? Cigarettes? Alcohol? Doritos? Doesn't mean we should outlaw these things. People should have the right to be stupid and do whatever they want to themselves. If you own anything in this world, you would think it would be yourself
zedtheundead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:57 PM #84
phiend
IV:XX
 
phiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Event Horizon
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47.magnum View Post
Also whos to say since they can do it legally now the cartels with all of their knowledge on how to produce the drugs won't convert into a corporation, all they would have to do is start paying the taxes and setup some buildings to sell the drugs in. Then they wouldn't run the risk of getting arrested and still make a profit, and since there are taxes, it would run the price up even higher and make drugs less available just like Jcka wants.
If the cartels turn to legally producing drugs, paying their taxes, and supporting our government, that kills 2 birds with one stone. If they could legally profit from the drugs, they would be more willing to accept regulations.
The price would still decrease, do you believe would be more expensive to UPS a pallet of cocaine then it is to pay someone to smuggle a pallet worth? There would be more competition which again would cause a decrease. In a free market if you charge too much, someone else will charge less and if you don't respond you won't be in business long. Take..say oh paintball for example. I think most people here have an idea about that. How many $200-$400 electronic guns were there before the Ion? How many after the Ion was released? Companies responded to a lower priced product by releasing their own lower priced products.

The regulation would also help assure quality control. Who knows whats in drugs you purchase off the street. What if your kids wants to experiment with marijuana, and buys some thats laced with PCP? Ecstasy is commonly found to contain methamphetamine, heroin, and other adulterants. Regulation would increase the purity of the substance.
phiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump