PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-22-2008, 02:59 PM #43
Legumeofterror (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phiend View Post
If they fought with more traditional weapons, I'm mostly sure other nations would then be dragged in. I'm not positive it would be the Israeli rout you believe it would. Although it could trigger world war three.

Or...we could let the Israelis rout them in 3.5 seconds, and then give the Palestiians their own country somewhere else. Maybe Alaska, not a lot of people live there. You think the Eskimos would mind that much?
THIS ****ING HAPPENED ALREADY. you dont know what your talking about, thats been made obviouse throughout this thread. isreal fought and kicked the *** of half the middle east in the six day war and for its independence. they can easily do it again.
Legumeofterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2008, 03:08 PM #44
phiend
IV:XX

has been a member for 10 years
I do know about the six day war, and how on one expected Israel to survive let alone win. I also know they won easily. Then they pushed their luck conquering more land and caused more problems that have still not been solved. Just because the other countries lost in the past, doesn't mean the result would be the same today, given that the Palestinians and others had equal weapons. Must likely it would have the same results, which is why I think both sides need to talk, not fight. As long as they fight, both sides will only see "what you've done for me lately" and retaliate.
phiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:31 PM #45
zedtheundead

Quote:
Or...we could let the Israelis rout them in 3.5 seconds, and then give the Palestiians their own country somewhere else. Maybe Alaska, not a lot of people live there. You think the Eskimos would mind that much?
Hey wait thats not fair you can't just take someones land and make a country for someone else out of it
zedtheundead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:35 PM #46
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
I do know about the six day war, and how on one expected Israel to survive let alone win. I also know they won easily. Then they pushed their luck conquering more land and caused more problems that have still not been solved. Just because the other countries lost in the past, doesn't mean the result would be the same today, given that the Palestinians and others had equal weapons. Must likely it would have the same results, which is why I think both sides need to talk, not fight. As long as they fight, both sides will only see "what you've done for me lately" and retaliate.
The palestenians can barely even govern themselves. What makes you think they would be able to beat Israel?

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:03 PM #47
phiend

At this exact moment in time, make no mistake, thinking they could beat Israel is silly. Guerrilla war would be the only hope, and even that isn't very likely.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:30 PM #48
EY3
one love

too bad palestinians have the entire middle east is on their side...
Old 01-22-2008, 09:34 PM #49
Danegerous
is dangerous

Danegerous helped look for balloons
Quote:
At this exact moment in time, make no mistake, thinking they could beat Israel is silly. Guerrilla war would be the only hope, and even that isn't very likely.
You said it yourself, Israel is the might in this case. Seeing as they are the might, they get to determine what's right for them. The Palestinians are just unfortunate, but hey, that's life. I'm sure if the role of the Israelis and Palestinians were reversed this same argument would occur, so I wouldn't worry about it either way.

If Israel is so illegitimate, fine, let the countries around it try and take it down by force. Oh, wait... yeah, that wouldn't work.

Edit: There's so much emphasis on labeling people and things terrorists and saying that we're hypocritical for having a "war on terror." First, I'd like to say how it doesn't make sense that we could fight a war against a doctrine- that's like saying that we declare war on the greek style of pitched battle, or guerilla warfare, or whatever. I believe the term that would be better used is that we declare war on the person's who present the greatest threat to us at the momment.

That aside, terror is just a doctrine. Of course we use it, and so does everybody else, so does that mean it is inhuman to use it, or is it actually inhuman to try to restrict ourselves on it when it's a basic human act? Our military is built to make the greatest impact possible physically and psychologically. Surely that's called inducing terror, but in war, what else is there? If it comes down to either killing a man, or terrorizing him into not fighting, which would you prefer?

When it comes to the heart of the matter, it's really simple. What influences us, and how can we influence that in a way to benefit us? If it happens to be other people that would be detrimental to us otherwise, **** em. They're worthless. If it happens to be that we could collectively co-exist for a communal benefit, fine, the more the merrier. Personal interests, and national interests, will always take precedence over any supposed acts of terror. That's why we dropped the A-bombs on Japan, to annihilate enough of the bastards that we wouldn't have to invade and kill the entire population and lose a huge amount of soldiers.

Israel is in the right in their actions and there's nothing that the Palestinians are going to be able to do about it except suicide bomb and terrorize, in which case they'll still get nothing. Either way Israel wins, so either accept that or move to Palestine to personally protest the effect's of Israel's "terrorism."

Last edited by Danegerous : 01-22-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Danegerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:35 PM #50
phiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danegerous View Post
You said it yourself, Israel is the might in this case. Seeing as they are the might, they get to determine what's right for them. The Palestinians are just unfortunate, but hey, that's life.
So if I move to Woodbridge, Va and start a gang, I can do whatever I want as long as we have enough strength to over power the neighborhood? And it will just be unfortunate for you?

Thats nonsense. Bullying people into your will is internationally illegal. Ask Kosovo. Ask the Iraqi Kurds. Ask Afghan Rebels America supported in the 1980's.
These people all fought, just as the Palestinians fight, they aren't just innocent victims.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:38 PM #51
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

Quote:
So if I move to Woodbridge, Va and start a gang, I can do whatever I want as long as we have enough strength to over power the neighborhood? And it will just be unfortunate for you?
Ummmm yeah? If no one can stop you, you can pretty much do whatever the **** you want.

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
Old 01-22-2008, 11:41 PM #52
Legumeofterror (Banned)

Quote:

Thats nonsense. Bullying people into your will is internationally illegal. Ask Kosovo. Ask the Iraqi Kurds. Ask Afghan Rebels America supported in the 1980's.
These people all fought, just as the Palestinians fight, they aren't just innocent victims.
its only illegal if you lose, and there was a little more to it than that. you continually make inaccurate generalizations about the situation, showing you have little more than a basic knowledge of its history. you don't know what your talking about, but you feel compelled to keep talking. the palestinians made demands, and when those demands were offered refuse them. they fight because they want to.
Legumeofterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:42 PM #53
phiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
Ummmm yeah? If no one can stop you, you can pretty much do whatever the **** you want.
Says the guy from the world capitol of gang land. Lol...

Its not right. I myself, like the rest of the country wouldn't want that imposed on ourselves.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:10 AM #54
Jim96SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EY3 View Post
too bad palestinians have the entire middle east is on their side...
Hardly. They are barely pawns. Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, and Egypt don't want them. They just get cash because they can fight the Israelis in proxy.
Jim96SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:21 PM #55
atomix1010
t3h own3ge

NO just no. If you want to play that fear card I'm game George W. Bush is possibily the biggest terrorist this nation has seen in a while.
atomix1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:48 PM #56
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

None of your sentences ever make sense.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:56 PM #57
atomix1010
t3h own3ge

Check mate
atomix1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:12 PM #58
Willplayforfood
Team Omega

I don't think this guy knows what a terrorrist is
Willplayforfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:35 PM #59
fuhrer325 (Banned)

According to the Thread starter's logic, every nation that's fought in a war has been a terrorist.
fuhrer325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:01 PM #60
phiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhrer325 View Post
According to the Thread starter's logic, every nation that's fought in a war has been a terrorist.
Not according to my logic, but according to the dictionaries definition of terror.
No matter how you spin it, if you create terror, for whatever your reason is, you are a terrorist.

Anyway, its seems today some sort of peace has broken out in Gaza which I hope continues! It seems all the starving Palestinians smashed down walls into Egypt in search of food and were too busy to fire any rockets.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:03 PM #61
phiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
None of your sentences ever make sense.
Sorry you can't muster the intelligence to understand the thoughts I'm expressing. I'll try to dumb it down for you.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:17 PM #62
rkwhoooooo
Male Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle Suprise View Post
so tell me mr penn, are you and hugo chavez "life partners"?
That made no sense. If you read what I wrote, I simply applied that definition to our troops. Something that would fit MOST militaries. I love when people in ST get all up in arms when anything remotely negative is said of the US army/navy/air force.

ΣX
rkwhoooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:29 PM #63
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

Quote:
Sorry you can't muster the intelligence to understand the thoughts I'm expressing. I'll try to dumb it down for you.
Sorry. That comment was directed towards atomix.