Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2008, 01:34 AM #22
phiend
IV:XX
 
phiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Event Horizon
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedtheundead View Post
Israel is an illegitimate state


the end.
As times change and progress conditions also change. While at one time your statement might of carried weight, Israel is in fact a legitimate state today.
Just because I believe they are terrorists today, does not mean I believe they will be tomorrow. Their own actions will prove whether that is indeed true or not.
phiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2008, 01:35 AM #23
phiend
IV:XX
 
phiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Event Horizon
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
Illegitimate? How are they illegitimate? How is a nation labeled "legitimate" anyway?
when the baby momma state isn't married to the baby daddy state, that state is illegitimate.
phiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:48 AM #24
zedtheundead
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Houston TX/Key West FL
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
Illegitimate? How are they illegitimate? How is a nation labeled "legitimate" anyway?
Quote:
Originally Posted by phiend View Post
As times change and progress conditions also change. While at one time your statement might of carried weight, Israel is in fact a legitimate state today.
Just because I believe they are terrorists today, does not mean I believe they will be tomorrow. Their own actions will prove whether that is indeed true or not.
What the hell don't you people understand about "the end"?
zedtheundead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:53 AM #25
phiend
IV:XX
 
phiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Event Horizon
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedtheundead View Post
What the hell don't you people understand about "the end"?
I say we give the Palestinians the "promised land" and let the Israeli's have Texas. They would keep the illegals out!
:maybedodgy:
phiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:56 AM #26
zedtheundead
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Houston TX/Key West FL
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by phiend View Post
I say we give the Palestinians the "promised land" and let the Israeli's have Texas. They would keep the illegals out!
:maybedodgy:
They certainly know how to secure a border ill give you that
zedtheundead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:00 AM #27
phiend
IV:XX
 
phiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Event Horizon
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedtheundead View Post
They certainly know how to secure a border ill give you that
So its agreed. We'd like to welcome the newest state to the American union...
Texrael!
phiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:02 AM #28
zedtheundead
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Houston TX/Key West FL
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by phiend View Post
So its agreed. We'd like to welcome the newest state to the American union...
Texrael!
Hey wait a second!




damn too late................


p.s. hicks don't like jews. The only jew they have ever know was the goofy kid in high school who didn't celebrate Christmas.

Last edited by zedtheundead : 01-22-2008 at 02:05 AM.
zedtheundead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:13 AM #29
phiend
IV:XX
 
phiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Event Horizon
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedtheundead View Post
Hey wait a second!




damn too late................


p.s. hicks don't like jews. The only jew they have ever know was the goofy kid in high school who didn't celebrate Christmas.
Its ok if Texans don't like them. They'll just build walls around you, blow up your children, and deny you food, water, electricity, and fuel.
edit: There will be NO medical care either!
phiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:57 AM #30
Legumeofterror (Banned)
 
Legumeofterror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida
i like how you cry about an "off topic" comment and then start with this **** ^

the Jews were fed up with being killed and thrown out of countries, so they made their own. some Palestinians cant stand the fact they live in a "Jewish nation" and like to blow things up and shoot people. this angers the Jews and they hate the Palestinians. if the Palestinians would just go about things properly and take part in the government they live under instead of trying to destroy it they might get a little more done. its not like the Israelis are the only ones who don't like them anyway, the rest of the Muslim world turned them away and israel if force to put up with their **** because they are part of the "western world."
Legumeofterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:17 AM #31
phiend
IV:XX
 
phiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Event Horizon
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legumeofterror View Post
i like how you cry about an "off topic" comment and then start with this **** ^

the Jews were fed up with being killed and thrown out of countries, so they made their own. some Palestinians cant stand the fact they live in a "Jewish nation" and like to blow things up and shoot people. this angers the Jews and they hate the Palestinians. if the Palestinians would just go about things properly and take part in the government they live under instead of trying to destroy it they might get a little more done. its not like the Israelis are the only ones who don't like them anyway, the rest of the Muslim world turned them away and israel if force to put up with their **** because they are part of the "western world."
What about if the Palestinians "made their own" country on the land Israel is presently located on? Would the Israeli's be able to stand that fact?

Sorry for having a sense of humor (even if its poor). I'll try harder not to offend you in my threads next time.
phiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:53 AM #32
Mosati
Lithic
 
Mosati's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Newtown, PA
Considering the logic used in painting Israel as the good guys, there should be no problem with Israel's neighbors pushing the Jews in to the sea and establishing a Palestinian state, yes?

What makes the Jews so special? Or is it all just racism and/or bigotry? Israel has killed far more Palestinians than Palestinians have killed Israelis. It would seem Israel has no qualms killing women and children to kill a few militants, either.

Israel holds all the cards, they need to suck it the **** up and actually work towards peace instead of playing the victim. Even if that means not responding to terroristic acts, after all; they lie in the bed they made.
__________________
PM6
2k1 Impulse
Ion
Mosati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:37 AM #33
Legumeofterror (Banned)
 
Legumeofterror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by phiend View Post
What about if the Palestinians "made their own" country on the land Israel is presently located on? Would the Israeli's be able to stand that fact?

Sorry for having a sense of humor (even if its poor). I'll try harder not to offend you in my threads next time.
i wasnt offended, i was just pointing out that you say one thing and do another.

as far as the Muslims pushing Israel into the ocean, they've tried many times and failed. if one day they succeed, good on them. as it stands, Israel keeps winning and with those victories comes their right to exist. though I'm sure if there were such an uprising of Jews in another Muslim nation, they would be killed just the same. the Jews arnt special, they just won.

i met Ehud Barak. he did alot to try and end the fighting. i asked him and heard him talk about the camp david summit and from what he said, and from what Ive read in various books on the matter, Arafat was offered more or less the demands he gave at the beginning of the meeting, and then decided not to make any compromise at all. i don't think its fair to say israel never tried. their are problems on both sides, and as its stands Israel is in a position of authority and was willing to give up a lot when they didn't HAVE to give them anything.
Legumeofterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:12 PM #34
Mosati
Lithic
 
Mosati's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Newtown, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legumeofterror View Post
i wasnt offended, i was just pointing out that you say one thing and do another.

as far as the Muslims pushing Israel into the ocean, they've tried many times and failed. if one day they succeed, good on them. as it stands, Israel keeps winning and with those victories comes their right to exist. though I'm sure if there were such an uprising of Jews in another Muslim nation, they would be killed just the same. the Jews arnt special, they just won.

i met Ehud Barak. he did alot to try and end the fighting. i asked him and heard him talk about the camp david summit and from what he said, and from what Ive read in various books on the matter, Arafat was offered more or less the demands he gave at the beginning of the meeting, and then decided not to make any compromise at all. i don't think its fair to say israel never tried. their are problems on both sides, and as its stands Israel is in a position of authority and was willing to give up a lot when they didn't HAVE to give them anything.
I agree, I just get miffed when people act like Israel and the Jews can do no wrong, and speak of the Palestinians like they're some special kind of evil.
__________________
PM6
2k1 Impulse
Ion
Mosati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:48 PM #35
hmmmDonut
Life fails **
 
hmmmDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pembroke Pines, fl.
hmmmDonut is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedtheundead View Post
Israel is an illegitimate state


the end.
By that Logic so is the United States.

The Palestinians plight is there own fault. They should not have elected Hamas.
hmmmDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:06 PM #36
zedtheundead
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Houston TX/Key West FL
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmmDonut View Post
By that Logic so is the United States.

The Palestinians plight is there own fault. They should not have elected Hamas.
Never said we weren't!
zedtheundead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:59 PM #37
phiend
IV:XX
 
phiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Event Horizon
 has been a member for 10 years
This is once again going in a direction I am not comfortable with, only very seriously this time. I would caution everyone against mentioning Jews. I have no problem at all with any religion or religious group. Israel is a country mainly populated with one religious group, but its not entirely made of that group.

I obvious have no true idea what has happened behind closed doors in summits. Maybe the negotiations should be held in the eye of the public. That way if Israel did offers favorable terms that were refused, we could see that the Palestinians were in fact being unreasonable. I think that would also force both sides to be more accountable instead of presenting the sides of the story that best suit their needs.
phiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:18 PM #38
Jim96SC2
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by phiend View Post
This is once again going in a direction I am not comfortable with, only very seriously this time. I would caution everyone against mentioning Jews. I have no problem at all with any religion or religious group. Israel is a country mainly populated with one religious group, but its not entirely made of that group.

I obvious have no true idea what has happened behind closed doors in summits. Maybe the negotiations should be held in the eye of the public. That way if Israel did offers favorable terms that were refused, we could see that the Palestinians were in fact being unreasonable. I think that would also force both sides to be more accountable instead of presenting the sides of the story that best suit their needs.
Both sides should be accountable, but heres how I see it:

Palestinian terrorists specifically target civilian populations, Israel at least tries to target terrorists.

Palestinian governments have repeatedly turned down the Palestinian state that Israel has offered a numberof times.

Really these two acts just tell me that they've dug their own grave. As for the Israeli's, I can't say I support them 100%, but then again I haven't lived for the past 60+ years having to need armed guards on every street, bombs in cafe's, and rockets dropped into my backyard. The settlement issues are pretty reprehensible as well.
__________________
It is perfectly acceptable to use 40 years of data to determine that over 4 billion years of existance and change, mankind is destroying the earth.
Heller v. DC: The Second Amendment is now an individual right. You can't have my gun.
Election '08: Proving that America will come out and vote for well dressed BS.
Jim96SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:24 PM #39
phiend
IV:XX
 
phiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Event Horizon
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim96SC2 View Post
Both sides should be accountable, but heres how I see it:

Palestinian terrorists specifically target civilian populations, Israel at least tries to target terrorists.

Palestinian governments have repeatedly turned down the Palestinian state that Israel has offered a numberof times.

Really these two acts just tell me that they've dug their own grave. As for the Israeli's, I can't say I support them 100%, but then again I haven't lived for the past 60+ years having to need armed guards on every street, bombs in cafe's, and rockets dropped into my backyard. The settlement issues are pretty reprehensible as well.
Maybe some world power should give the Palestinian people financial funding, so they can purchase more traditional weapons, such as tanks and military aircraft to fight differently? Would this satisfy you if they fought in a more traditional manner instead of with homemade bombs and rockets? Then we could dismiss the civilian casualties as collateral damage instead of terrorism, right?
phiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:27 PM #40
Jim96SC2
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by phiend View Post
Maybe some world power should give the Palestinian people financial funding, so they can purchase more traditional weapons, such as tanks and military aircraft to fight differently? Would this satisfy you if they fought in a more traditional manner instead of with homemade bombs and rockets? Then we could dismiss the civilian casualties as collateral damage instead of terrorism, right?
And when they lose in 3.5 seconds what will we have left to complain about Israel for?

Nice attempt at sarcasm, but my statements are valid and backed up by fact. Maybe if Palestine stopped screwing around, stabilized itself they've be able to pull themselves out of the hole and start developing industry.
__________________
It is perfectly acceptable to use 40 years of data to determine that over 4 billion years of existance and change, mankind is destroying the earth.
Heller v. DC: The Second Amendment is now an individual right. You can't have my gun.
Election '08: Proving that America will come out and vote for well dressed BS.
Jim96SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:29 PM #41
Legumeofterror (Banned)
 
Legumeofterror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida
what, you think they don't write whats said and whats offered down?

Quote:
Ehud Barak offered Arafat an eventual 91% (after many years - see section on territory) of the West Bank, and all of the Gaza Strip, with Palestinian control over Eastern Jerusalem as the capital of the new Palestinian state; in addition, all refugees could apply for compensation of property from an international fund to which Israel would contribute along with other countries. But before any gradual Israeli withdrawal, all Palestinian terrorist infrastructure must be dismantled. Arafat, however, refused. The Palestinians wanted the immediate withdrawal of the Israelis from the occupied territories, and only subsequently the Palestinian authority would crush all Palestinian terror organizations. The Israeli response as stated by Shlomo Ben-Ami was "we can't accept the demand for a return to the borders of June 1967 as a pre-condition for the negotiation."
Israel is a Jewish stae filled with Jews, and that term isn't being used in a derogatory manner, they are what they are. fact is the Muslim world hates them because they are Jewish, not for the "atrocities" they commit. they do worse to each other than the Israelis do to the Palestinians.
Legumeofterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:39 PM #42
phiend
IV:XX
 
phiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Event Horizon
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim96SC2 View Post
And when they lose in 3.5 seconds what will we have left to complain about Israel for?

Nice attempt at sarcasm, but my statements are valid and backed up by fact. Maybe if Palestine stopped screwing around, stabilized itself they've be able to pull themselves out of the hole and start developing industry.
If they fought with more traditional weapons, I'm mostly sure other nations would then be dragged in. I'm not positive it would be the Israeli rout you believe it would. Although it could trigger world war three.

Or...we could let the Israelis rout them in 3.5 seconds, and then give the Palestiians their own country somewhere else. Maybe Alaska, not a lot of people live there. You think the Eskimos would mind that much?
phiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump