Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Which party?
Democrat 21 22.11%
Libertarian 31 32.63%
Republican 20 21.05%
Neoconservative 2 2.11%
Moderate 12 12.63%
Collectivist 3 3.16%
Other 6 6.32%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2008, 05:00 PM #22
cyrus-the-virus90
Yes you like mr bunny
 
cyrus-the-virus90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Eastern WA
cyrus-the-virus90 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I've taken 4 opf these things, 3 out of 4 say I'm Libertarian, the other said I was just liberal
cyrus-the-virus90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2008, 05:14 PM #23
Jim96SC2
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockingTheIon70 View Post
Horrible poll on that site. Questions are very up in the air. For instance:

"Should intelligent design be taught along with evolution."

Sure it should because scientifically your should show all sides to a debate and the methods people have used to arrive at their terminus. Without doing so you are a poor teacher, a moderate/realist response. But if you put yes, you are conservative.

"Should we consider invading Iran."

Consider how? Now, later, before? Sure we should consider it and take things into account. It only makes sense to plan for it. But should we attack right now, no. Again, hitting yes to a realist answer makes you conservative.
__________________
It is perfectly acceptable to use 40 years of data to determine that over 4 billion years of existance and change, mankind is destroying the earth.
Heller v. DC: The Second Amendment is now an individual right. You can't have my gun.
Election '08: Proving that America will come out and vote for well dressed BS.
Jim96SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:15 PM #24
Jim96SC2
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Freak 98 View Post
It's a sad day when someone cheers that they are a neo-conservative.
People are allowed to believe what they wish, thats the joy of this country you facist.
__________________
It is perfectly acceptable to use 40 years of data to determine that over 4 billion years of existance and change, mankind is destroying the earth.
Heller v. DC: The Second Amendment is now an individual right. You can't have my gun.
Election '08: Proving that America will come out and vote for well dressed BS.
Jim96SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:21 PM #25
Paint Freak 98
Front Lean and Rest
 
Paint Freak 98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Maine
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim96SC2 View Post
People are allowed to believe what they wish, thats the joy of this country you facist.
Nice spelling, to top it off a neo-conservative is a fascist.

The hypocrisy is you would flame someone if they believed in Communism. I realize the threat neo-conservatives are to this country and the fact that they don't want you to have the right to believe in what you wish.

Before flaming, take a look at yourself.
Paint Freak 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:26 PM #26
Jim96SC2
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Freak 98 View Post
Nice spelling, to top it off a neo-conservative is a fascist.

The hypocrisy is you would flame someone if they believed in Communism. I realize the threat neo-conservatives are to this country and the fact that they don't want you to have the right to believe in what you wish.

Before flaming, take a look at yourself.
I'm looking at you.

Quote:
It's a sad day when someone cheers that they are a neo-conservative.
So people can have any opinion they want so long as it coincides with your own. GOOD ONE!
__________________
It is perfectly acceptable to use 40 years of data to determine that over 4 billion years of existance and change, mankind is destroying the earth.
Heller v. DC: The Second Amendment is now an individual right. You can't have my gun.
Election '08: Proving that America will come out and vote for well dressed BS.
Jim96SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:59 PM #27
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04
 
Animalm0ther3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cary, NC **WE GOT CUP**
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim96SC2 View Post
So people can have any opinion they want so long as it coincides with your own. GOOD ONE!
Difference: He pitties people who cheer their differing views, neo-conservatives want to outlaw the differing view.
__________________
D Shizzle 924 is a woman.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:05 PM #28
Danegerous
is dangerous
 
Danegerous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Virginia and Texas
Danegerous helped look for balloons
7 - Social Moderate
7 - Economic Moderate
Moderate between libertarian and authoritarian
12 - Warmonger
It then said I was a democrat.... ???

I would have thought all moderate would be more befitting of an independent.
__________________
Texas A&M Corps of Cadets
USAF
Danegerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:22 PM #29
SneakyKindofEvil
Destroyer of Threads
 
SneakyKindofEvil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: DFW
 has been a member for 10 years
SneakyKindofEvil has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyWins View Post
Hooray, NeoConservative!

0 - Ultra-Conservative
3 - Capitalist Purist
6 - Moderate
11 - Militarist
I loathe your stupidity, but support your right to be stupid.

EDIT: That quiz is awful. The questions dealing with social issues should all be about if people have the right to do thing, not if you agree with it. That's the thing that I can't stand about the US, just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean you should deny someone else's rights.
__________________
"all they ever talk about is guns- not what you do with them." -bkb000

"Most people think they shoot better with a 1911, when in reality they actually just suck less with one." -SonOfLiberty

feedback

Last edited by SneakyKindofEvil : 01-21-2008 at 06:28 PM.
SneakyKindofEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:46 PM #30
Danegerous
is dangerous
 
Danegerous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Virginia and Texas
Danegerous helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyKindofEvil View Post
I loathe your stupidity, but support your right to be stupid.

EDIT: That quiz is awful. The questions dealing with social issues should all be about if people have the right to do thing, not if you agree with it. That's the thing that I can't stand about the US, just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean you should deny someone else's rights.
I noticed that too, and tried to take it into account when I answered.
__________________
Texas A&M Corps of Cadets
USAF
Danegerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:51 PM #31
EY3
one love
 
EY3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: location, location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim96SC2 View Post
Horrible poll on that site. Questions are very up in the air. For instance:

"Should intelligent design be taught along with evolution."

Sure it should because scientifically your should show all sides to a debate and the methods people have used to arrive at their terminus. Without doing so you are a poor teacher, a moderate/realist response. But if you put yes, you are conservative.

"Should we consider invading Iran."

Consider how? Now, later, before? Sure we should consider it and take things into account. It only makes sense to plan for it. But should we attack right now, no. Again, hitting yes to a realist answer makes you conservative.
i thought it did pretty well. im an anarchist, isolationist, and progressive to most extents and it got those perfectly. although i thought i was more socialist, so i agree some questions were only about a single issue rather than more broad. but this is for people that do not necessarily know their political philosophy, so they ask about current issues to give them an idea.
__________________
رایم برای من مراجعت کنید

Last edited by EY3 : 01-21-2008 at 09:22 PM.
EY3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:27 PM #32
SneakyKindofEvil
Destroyer of Threads
 
SneakyKindofEvil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: DFW
 has been a member for 10 years
SneakyKindofEvil has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danegerous View Post
I noticed that too, and tried to take it into account when I answered.
I wish there were more people at our school that thought like we do.
__________________
"all they ever talk about is guns- not what you do with them." -bkb000

"Most people think they shoot better with a 1911, when in reality they actually just suck less with one." -SonOfLiberty

feedback
SneakyKindofEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:38 PM #33
Jim96SC2
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalm0ther3 View Post
Difference: He pitties people who cheer their differing views, neo-conservatives want to outlaw the differing view.
Examples to that statement? Last I checked it was the "liberal democratic party" that wanted to have some sort of "fair time" law enacted on broadcast institutions thereby limiting the opposing view and free speech.
__________________
It is perfectly acceptable to use 40 years of data to determine that over 4 billion years of existance and change, mankind is destroying the earth.
Heller v. DC: The Second Amendment is now an individual right. You can't have my gun.
Election '08: Proving that America will come out and vote for well dressed BS.
Jim96SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:44 PM #34
Truthiness
 
 
Truthiness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim96SC2 View Post
Examples to that statement? Last I checked it was the "liberal democratic party" that wanted to have some sort of "fair time" law enacted on broadcast institutions thereby limiting the opposing view and free speech.
Neocons:
patriot act
military commissions act
warrentless wiretapping
anti flag-burning amendment (possibly the most idiotic one of all)
anti gay-marriage CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT
Truthiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:45 PM #35
Truthiness
 
 
Truthiness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim96SC2 View Post
Examples to that statement? Last I checked it was the "liberal democratic party" that wanted to have some sort of "fair time" law enacted on broadcast institutions thereby limiting the opposing view and free speech.
Well since the media is dominated by liberals as neocons so frequently claim, you should be happy about that, shouldn't you?
Truthiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:48 PM #36
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04
 
Animalm0ther3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cary, NC **WE GOT CUP**
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim96SC2 View Post
Examples to that statement? Last I checked it was the "liberal democratic party" that wanted to have some sort of "fair time" law enacted on broadcast institutions thereby limiting the opposing view and free speech.
Yea it is the dirty liberals responsible for the fairness doctrine, but what about the people who think they should be able to marry someone of the same sex? Or people who think its perfectly okay to have racy sex scenes in a video game? Neo-cons (particularly the evangelicals) push for legislation to ban this sort of stuff when it doesn't fit their views.
__________________
D Shizzle 924 is a woman.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:05 PM #37
Haga652001
Night divides the day
 
Haga652001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Boise Idaho
Haga652001 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalm0ther3 View Post
Yea it is the dirty liberals responsible for the fairness doctrine, but what about the people who think they should be able to marry someone of the same sex? Or people who think its perfectly okay to have racy sex scenes in a video game? Neo-cons (particularly the evangelicals) push for legislation to ban this sort of stuff when it doesn't fit their views.

you guys are so closed minded...


neo-cons try to do more than that!
__________________
War Is Peace|Freedom Is Slavery|Ignorance Is Strength
Haga652001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:50 AM #38
ENVIOUSballa09
I shoot people..
 
ENVIOUSballa09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Ron Paul - 98%
__________________
shoot. kill. win.
Somali Pirates D3X -Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.
ENVIOUSballa09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:11 AM #39
pbmike15
Truth with a capital C
 
pbmike15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: columbus ohio
2-Conservative
0-Anarcho-capitalist
2-Libertarian
3-Moderate-pacifist

I am...Hardcore Republican??? I guess....

83% Bill Richardson
81% Ron Paul
71% John Edwards
71% Mitt Romney
__________________
-----M REDHAWKS M-----
pbmike15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:18 AM #40
nyle
THIS IS MAJOR TOM
 
nyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Freak 98 View Post
It's a sad day when someone cheers that they are a neo-conservative.
It's a sad day when someone has to vituperate another person, simply for having an opinion.
__________________
And I'm floating in the most peculiar way.
B7 Audi A4 2.0T

Aerospace Engineering -- The University of Texas - Austin
nyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:58 AM #41
Jim96SC2
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalm0ther3 View Post
Yea it is the dirty liberals responsible for the fairness doctrine, but what about the people who think they should be able to marry someone of the same sex? Or people who think its perfectly okay to have racy sex scenes in a video game? Neo-cons (particularly the evangelicals) push for legislation to ban this sort of stuff when it doesn't fit their views.
When was the last time the GOP leaders came together about something as inane as video game sex?

As for same sex marraige, been there and done that with the argueing.

Neo-con has become just a stereotypical word like warhawks and fearmongers. Just used to shut done an arguement by emotion alone without facts to refute evidence.
__________________
It is perfectly acceptable to use 40 years of data to determine that over 4 billion years of existance and change, mankind is destroying the earth.
Heller v. DC: The Second Amendment is now an individual right. You can't have my gun.
Election '08: Proving that America will come out and vote for well dressed BS.
Jim96SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:13 PM #42
BlackJacketxL
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
what about conservative? there's only neocon
BlackJacketxL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump