PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-16-2008, 06:46 PM #43
Deceptiwave
Built to Endure

has been a member for 10 years
How many of you guys are nutritionists?
God Bless The Man That Gets In My Way...
Lift Hard. Die Strong.
Deceptiwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2008, 06:50 PM #44
AR55
conch shell warrior

AR55 is a Supporting Member
I'm pretty sure milk from a human breast is healthier for a human than milk from a cows bosom.
AR55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:52 PM #45
Mosati
Lithic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deceptiwave View Post
How many of you guys are nutritionists?
Zero? Yea, that sounds good. Most nutritionists are full of ****, anyway. You might as well let a pre-med student perform your knee surgery.
Mosati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:55 PM #46
DrunkMunkey (Banned)

they have the right to be the main course
DrunkMunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:56 PM #47
Mespllingesnogud

Meat is not the only source of protein. Its the same how some saltwater/freshwater fish can survive in either environment. Naturally they are in one environment, but they can survive in the other. The same goes for meat vs. plants. When was the last time you ate raw meat? I don't think any other Omni or carnivores need to cook their meat before eating it.
Mespllingesnogud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:58 PM #48
Paint Freak 98
Front Lean and Rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealKillr View Post
Now, I must confess, Like many have mentioned, moderation is the key. a little of this, a little of that, is the best way to go. I choose not to eat meat mainly for other reasons. I personally, Dont think a living animal should die jsut becasue my stomach growls, or becasue I have a gun and it doesnt.
What sounds like a better death to you? A bullet to the head? Or getting chomped on by a predator and carried alive for a distance.

No, I can't feel the animals pain, but If I had to go with one I think you know which one it would be. You can't really use this pain idea, since it's natural we eat animals and death is natural as well.
Paint Freak 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:58 PM #49
Deceptiwave
Built to Endure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosati View Post
Zero? Yea, that sounds good. Most nutritionists are full of ****, anyway. You might as well let a pre-med student perform your knee surgery.
Ill have to let my wife know that, she is a certified personal trainer and studying dietetics and nutrition.
A total vegan diet has been shown to be borderline unhealthy, as has a diet overloaded with meat.
As for me, 15 years of weight training and nutrition studies have given me all the info I need to eat healthy.
Lift Hard. Die Strong.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:59 PM #50
graysonp
Me = Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealKillr View Post
to graysonp: Humans need HUMAN milk...during infancy. Not ANIMAL milk, during adulthood. Also, you can change lyching and racism laws. you cant change the way we reproduce....thats why weve reproduced the same .
Can you not read? I never said that humans needed animal milk during adulthood.

And you also missed the boat on my next point. You can't change the way we reproduce, just like you can't change our biological makeup and our natural status as omnivores. It's called an EXAMPLE.

As for the whole "animals shouldn't die when my stomach growls", it doesn't. They die because they're natural prey, and we're natural predators. We are supposed to eat them. It's how the food chain works.
graysonp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:06 PM #51
Mosati
Lithic

Quote:
Ill have to let my wife know that, she is a certified personal trainer and studying dietetics and nutrition.
A total vegan diet has been shown to be borderline unhealthy, as has a diet overloaded with meat.
As for me, 15 years of weight training and nutrition studies have given me all the info I need to eat healthy.
I hope she is a good one then, instead of one who is ill-educated, wishes they were a doctor, or publishes horribly contrived studies.

Last edited by Mosati : 01-16-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:10 PM #52
Deceptiwave
Built to Endure

Quote:
I hope she is a good one then, instead of one who is ill-educated, wishes they were a doctor, or publishes horribly conceived studies.
For the last 4 years she has put our family on a all natural /organic diet and shes gotten herself off all her medications and our kids are never sick, plus we lift weights and are very active.
I think if most people would stop looking for a miracle diet to solve their weight/health problems and realize that being active and not eating fast food is the way to health.
Just a thought - why do all vegans look like concentration camp refugees? If that is what a "healthy" diet is, I dont want any of it.
Lift Hard. Die Strong.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:11 PM #53
DrunkMunkey (Banned)

people dont realise that once its dead it will have no recollection of the pain it might have suffered. i mean think about it...technically it feels no pain.
DrunkMunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:13 PM #54
Paint Freak 98
Front Lean and Rest

http://www.menshealth.com/cda/articl...0013281eac____
There's the milk review.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:20 PM #55
Mosati
Lithic

Quote:
For the last 4 years she has put our family on a all natural /organic diet and shes gotten herself off all her medications and our kids are never sick, plus we lift weights and are very active.
I think if most people would stop looking for a miracle diet to solve their weight/health problems and realize that being active and not eating fast food is the way to health.
Just a thought - why do all vegans look like concentration camp refugees? If that is what a "healthy" diet is, I dont want any of it.
Most vegetarians don't eat enough, either continuing to eat the same amounts of food from when they were eating meat or actually reducing their consumption rates. Theres also the vegetarian who is deficient in any range of minerals because they think they can just eat iceberg lettuce and carrots.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:30 PM #56
Paint Freak 98
Front Lean and Rest

So we all basically agree moderation is the key? The problem arises when you go to the one of the extremes, kinda like politics.

So, since a large majority agree, and can prove it's necessary, is there really an argument?
Old 01-16-2008, 07:40 PM #57
graysonp
Me = Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Freak 98 View Post
So we all basically agree moderation is the key? The problem arises when you go to the one of the extremes, kinda like politics.

So, since a large majority agree, and can prove it's necessary, is there really an argument?
Well the thread is about animal rights. Not whether or not we are supposed to eat animals....
Old 01-16-2008, 08:34 PM #58
Mespllingesnogud

In moderation, mercury won't kill you. It was actually used to help prevent plague in the 1700s. I think people might be taking my point a little too extreme. No you will NOT see any life threatening, or even noticeable effects from meat if eating it in moderation. Yes, it DOES contain necessary proteins and nutrients. There are just better ways of obtaining them. Is it worth it? Not to me. I eat meat all the time. You are probably risking your health over 50x more by eating junk food and ice cream. That doesn't change the fact that there ARE health risks to eating meat, and that its not strictly necessary.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:42 PM #59
Mosati
Lithic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mespllingesnogud View Post
There are other ways of obtaining them.
Fixed.

There is more evidence to support nutrients from meat are best when derived directly from meat, than not.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:24 PM #60
aieou
Presence of Mind

aieou is a Supporting Member
Most American distributed meat is not as good for as you think. Between the growth hormones and poor quality of food (hay and feces for example) being fed to cattle I don't see how being a vegan and eliminating meat from your diet is considered 'risky' health wise in this day in age.

Last edited by aieou : 01-16-2008 at 09:27 PM.
aieou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:33 PM #61
Mespllingesnogud

Quote:
There is more evidence to support nutrients from meat are best when derived directly from meat, than not.
I am not talking about vitamin or nutrient pills. I am talking about beans, nuts, and fish (depending on whether or not you consider fish meat)
Old 01-16-2008, 09:35 PM #62
graysonp
Me = Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by aieou View Post
Most American distributed meat is not as good for as you think. Between the growth hormones and poor quality of food (hay and feces for example) being fed to cattle I don't see how being a vegan and eliminating meat from your diet is considered 'risky' health wise in this day in age.
You apparently know very little about raising meat for food. Proper nutrition is extremely important in raising livestock. Farmers spend huge amounts of money trying to keep their livestock's diet healthy and nutritious.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:47 PM #63
Mosati
Lithic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mespllingesnogud View Post
I am not talking about vitamin or nutrient pills. I am talking about beans, nuts, and fish (depending on whether or not you consider fish meat)
Fish is meat, yes.

What about B12, Omega-3 and Vitamin A?