Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-16-2008, 06:18 PM #22
graysonp
Me = Awesome

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealKillr View Post
why wouldnt it. there is not legitimate reason for you to eat that steak. Algriculture has come so far in the last century, meat is completely unnecesary. Other than "it tastes good. Im hungary."
Meat is a a necessary part of the human diet. You might as well try to convert all carniverous animals to herbevores as well. It's against their natural instinct.
graysonp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2008, 06:22 PM #23
CerealKillr
Graphic Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Freak 98 View Post
Because there are numerous benefits to eating meat and it's a natural part of our diet. It's nature. A bear eats fish. We eat whatever we want. It doesn't just taste good, it gives me important vitamins and minerals as well as protein allowing me to build muscle.

Are you a vegetarian?
Yeah, I am.

And Contrary to popular belief, meat is not good for you. Non meat eaters have realized lower colesterol and blood pressure, lower rates of hypertension, type 2 diabetes, and prostate and colon cancer. Research shows that vegitarians are 50% less likely to develop heart disease, and have 40% the cancer rate as compared to their meat eating equivelent.

And, According to a major 2006 Harvard study of 135,000 people, people who frequently ate grilled skinless chicken had a 52 percent higher chance of developing bladder cancer compared to people who didnít.

Meat also contains numerous amounts of carcinogens(cancer causing agents) adn poisons.

And just becasue, "weve done it for thousands of years." doesnt make it better. Things change becasue people realize "wow, this ir ridiculous.". Lynching, guilotine, "racial equality", etc.
My system has crashed, I will not be able to take any orders FOR THE TIME BEING. Thanks for the patience.
CerealKillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:23 PM #24
CerealKillr
Graphic Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosati View Post
Get out of my internet, you damn dirty hippy.
bring some inteligent argument, or show yourself the door.
My system has crashed, I will not be able to take any orders FOR THE TIME BEING. Thanks for the patience.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:29 PM #25
Stiffi_Kit
Rack City

Stiffi_Kit owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Stiffi_Kit owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Stiffi_Kit has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
bring some inteligent argument, or show yourself the door.
lol @ vegetarians. i'm gonna eat your dog.

Tutum Te Robore Reddam (I will make you safe with strength)

"Originally posted by durkadruka: maybe you should have let her in and skipped the whole mess afterwards, boviously with the economy in turmoil whats the point in driving another 2 miles like you *******es did cock blocking yourselves."

"Originally posted by Truck Driver: You make about as much sense as two black chicks ****ing a pumpkin."
Stiffi_Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:29 PM #26
Paint Freak 98
Front Lean and Rest

Quote:
Yeah, I am.

And Contrary to popular belief, meat is not good for you. Non meat eaters have realized lower colesterol and blood pressure, lower rates of hypertension, type 2 diabetes, and prostate and colon cancer. Research shows that vegitarians are 50% less likely to develop heart disease, and have 40% the cancer rate as compared to their meat eating equivelent.

And, According to a major 2006 Harvard study of 135,000 people, people who frequently ate grilled skinless chicken had a 52 percent higher chance of developing bladder cancer compared to people who didnít.

Meat also contains numerous amounts of carcinogens(cancer causing agents) adn poisons.

And just becasue, "weve done it for thousands of years." doesnt make it better. Things change becasue people realize "wow, this ir ridiculous.". Lynching, guilotine, "racial equality", etc.
Yeah, meat can be clog your arteries and all the fun stuff if you overdo it. You need everything in balance, AKA the food pyramid. I could state several studies showing downfalls of being a vegetarian too, but the only one I really need is that vegetarians are among the weakest people on the planet.

You being a vegetarian must have to take pills to get certain vitamins and minerals only found in meat, correct?

The thing is, it's completely natural to eat meat. We are omnivores. It doesn't relate to racism.
Paint Freak 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:30 PM #27
graysonp
Me = Awesome

Quote:
Yeah, I am.
And, According to a major 2006 Harvard study of 135,000 people, people who frequently ate grilled skinless chicken had a 52 percent higher chance of developing bladder cancer compared to people who didn’t.
People who eat meat are prone to diseases because we go into a restaurant and get a 14 ounce steak, when a proper serving of meat is 4 ounces. Meat is a natural part of the human diet. I could also quote dozens of studies where vegetarians aren't getting the proper nutritian and also suffer from several illnesses or diseases. It's all about proper portions, nutrition and variety.

You can't compare eating meat to lynching or race issues. Those are man-made issues. Our diet is based off of our instinct and our biological makeup. We are natural carnivores (or more technically, omnivores). Why should we change that? Why don't we all reproduce Asexually? Just because we've reproduced the same for centuries doesn't mean we can't change, right?
Old 01-16-2008, 06:47 PM #28
Mespllingesnogud

Quote:
Originally Posted by graysonp View Post
People who eat meat are prone to diseases because we go into a restaurant and get a 14 ounce steak, when a proper serving of meat is 4 ounces. Meat is a natural part of the human diet. I could also quote dozens of studies where vegetarians aren't getting the proper nutritian and also suffer from several illnesses or diseases. It's all about proper portions, nutrition and variety.

Meat is NOT a natural part of the human diet. While the human body is CAPABLE of digesting meat, and primitive societies have relied upon meat, the human body is NOT made for meat consumption. The same goes for milk. It is 100% completely unnatural to drink cow, goat, or orangutan milk, equally so. Also fitting in with the whole animal rights issue are dairy cows. They are ingected with steroids and all sorts of nasty stuff, too make them produce way more milk than the healthily should. If you look at such a cow being milked, you will see it often has horrible infections and protrusions on its udder, and yellow puss often can be seen dripping into the milk (although it does get filtered out). Oh, and by the way, if you live by the food pyramid, congrats for mindlessly accepting the worthless piece of GARBAGE put in front of you. You do realize that one of the biggest contributor of funds toward the organization that devised the pyramid was the dairy industry, right? Yes you need calcium. No, milk is not even remotely close to the best way to get it. The Food pyramid is garbage. You do not need meat. You do not need milk. Lee Harvey Oswald DID NOT shoot Kennedy.
Mespllingesnogud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:47 PM #29
kowz76
I'm on a boat

kowz76 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Yeah, I am.

And, According to a major 2006 Harvard study of 135,000 people, people who frequently ate grilled skinless chicken had a 52 percent higher chance of developing bladder cancer compared to people who didn’t.

Check some seafood nutrition facts. And I'm not talking packaged processed fishstix, I'm talking a fish that was caught today, or mussels (for instance) They're some of the healthiest things you can eat. Plus, as long as you take care of your body, you should be all set.

The study you quote could easily be total BS. There could have been 4 people who didn't eat chicken and 8 who did who got bladder cancer.

Yes, meat contains TONS of poison.

Every other meat eating animal in the world kills in order to eat. Why shouldn't we?

New England Blizzard Proudly sponsored by
Bob Long
Kohn Sports
kowz76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:55 PM #30
graysonp
Me = Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mespllingesnogud View Post
Meat is NOT a natural part of the human diet. While the human body is CAPABLE of digesting meat, and primitive societies have relied upon meat, the human body is NOT made for meat consumption. The same goes for milk. It is 100% completely unnatural to drink cow, goat, or orangutan milk, equally so. Also fitting in with the whole animal rights issue are dairy cows. They are ingected with steroids and all sorts of nasty stuff, too make them produce way more milk than the healthily should. If you look at such a cow being milked, you will see it often has horrible infections and protrusions on its udder, and yellow puss often can be seen dripping into the milk (although it does get filtered out). Oh, and by the way, if you live by the food pyramid, congrats for mindlessly accepting the worthless piece of GARBAGE put in front of you. You do realize that one of the biggest contributor of funds toward the organization that devised the pyramid was the dairy industry, right? Yes you need calcium. No, milk is not even remotely close to the best way to get it. The Food pyramid is garbage. You do not need meat. You do not need milk. Lee Harvey Oswald DID NOT shoot Kennedy.
Humans are omnivores. We have a natural instinct to eat meat. I don't know how you can say we can digest meat, we naturally crave meat, we have always survived on meat, yet we're not supposed to eat meat.

Humans also need milk. That's why it comes NATURALLY from the breasts of a pregnant woman. Because we need milk. Yes, cow's milk has fewer nutrients than normal milk. Yes, current production standards create milk that has little nutritional value. But humans need milk.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:03 PM #31
Beers78n9
Why settle for 72 Virgins

if man wasnt meant to eat meat, then God would not have made animals so delicious. End of discussion

"Originally posted by bizkitfan601: There is no reason to have a need. The 2nd Amendment gives us the right to own those weapons without a need or a cause. This is America - the land of freedom. And we have cool **** to prove it.

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - and cheat if necessary."

"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it's going to be empty."
Beers78n9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:06 PM #32
super_stalker

moderation baby. Regulate the amount of dairy products you take in, regulate the amount of meat you take in. It's not that ****ing hard people.

It's easyier to blame meat and milk for being "unhealthy" than to practice some self control.
super_stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:11 PM #33
larry_wendel
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiffi_Kit View Post
lol @ vegetarians. i'm gonna eat your dog.
haha
Inappropriate, but I still found it funny.
Kappa Sigma, OK, #3
larry_wendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:24 PM #34
Mespllingesnogud

Quote:
Humans are omnivores. We have a natural instinct to eat meat. I don't know how you can say we can digest meat, we naturally crave meat, we have always survived on meat, yet we're not supposed to eat meat.
Slightly confused by what you are saying. But basically think of it like this: we crave candy, candy tastes good, but has nearly no nutritional value. Yes it does seem odd that people have survived on meat so long, but don't get me wrong. I am not a vegetarian at all, I LOVE meat, especially steak. I just recognize that its not healthy, and don't kid myself when the facts are there. On the other hand, I haven't had a glass of milk for over 5 years.

Humans also need milk. That's why it comes NATURALLY from the breasts of a pregnant woman. Because we need milk. Yes, cow's milk has fewer nutrients than normal milk. Yes, current production standards create milk that has little nutritional value. But humans need milk.
Okay that was my bad, there is absolutely nothing wrong with drinking human milk, its just cow and other animals' milk. And yes you are right infants MUST have at least some type of milk to survive. Human milk is just much better healthwise. VERY good point, don't know how I forgot that
It just slightly bothers me how so many people are using the whole "if we weren't supposed ______, then god wouldn't have ______ed" and similar "theories". I respect your religion, I am not saying you are wrong in any way, but if god created arsenic, does that mean that we should all drink it or poison each other? I mean, you could probably go out on a limb and say that such foods are punishment (health problems) to those who are greedy or ignorant. Seriously, if you understand it, its not God.

Last edited by Mespllingesnogud : 01-16-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Mespllingesnogud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:29 PM #35
Beers78n9
Why settle for 72 Virgins

I do not drink milk. I havent had a glass of milk in at least 15 years (I'm 31). It's unnatural. No other animal on the face of the planet drinks milk after infancy, and no other animal drinks the milk of another animal

"Originally posted by bizkitfan601: There is no reason to have a need. The 2nd Amendment gives us the right to own those weapons without a need or a cause. This is America - the land of freedom. And we have cool **** to prove it.

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - and cheat if necessary."

"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it's going to be empty."
Beers78n9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:31 PM #36
Deceptiwave
Built to Endure

but ice cream is delicious!
God Bless The Man That Gets In My Way...
Lift Hard. Die Strong.
Deceptiwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:31 PM #37
Paint Freak 98
Front Lean and Rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beers78n9 View Post
I do not drink milk. I havent had a glass of milk in at least 15 years (I'm 31). It's unnatural. No other animal on the face of the planet drinks milk after infancy, and no other animal drinks the milk of another animal
Top nutritionists agree that even cow milk is one of the must nutritious things you can consume.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:34 PM #38
graysonp
Me = Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mespllingesnogud View Post
It just slightly bothers me how so many people are using the whole "if we weren't supposed ______, then god wouldn't have ______ed" and similar "theories". I respect your religion, I am not saying you are wrong in any way, but if god created arsenic, does that mean that we should all drink it or poison each other? I mean, you could probably go out on a limb and say that such foods are punishment (health problems) to those who are greedy or ignorant. Seriously, if you understand it, its not God.
What are you talking about?

Humans are natural omnivores. It is our instinct to eat meat. That is how our bodies work. It's in our genes.

You aren't trying to stop bears from eating fish are you? Are you trying to prevent coyotes from eating rabbits? It's all instinctual. It's the food chain. There is no reason for humans to stop eating meat.

It is 100% healthy, nutritional and benefitial when eaten in the proper quantities and prepared reasonably. Of course a fried chicken breast is unhealthy. Of course a 3/4 cheesburger is unhealthy. With that logic, I could say that all fruits and vegitables are unhealthy. I know a (hypothetical) guy who at 3 lbs of Bananas every day and he died. So obviously, humans should stop eating bananas, right?

Quote:
Top nutritionists agree that even cow milk is one of the must nutritious things you can consume.
Not with the crap we put in it. I drink about a gallon of milk every 3-4 days. I love it. But the way it's prepared in the US provides almost no nutritional value.

Last edited by graysonp : 01-16-2008 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:34 PM #39
Deceptiwave
Built to Endure

I go through a gallon a week. Full of protein goodness! And beer on cereal is nasty
God Bless The Man That Gets In My Way...
Lift Hard. Die Strong.
Deceptiwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:40 PM #40
Mosati
Lithic

Quote:
Yeah, I am.

Most of the studies showing vegetarians being more healthy and living longer can be explained away by the simple fact that those willing to become a vegetarian are also more likely to strive to live healthier lives in areas outside of substinence.

Meat being bad for you? Unsubstantiated.

There are many cultures globally that have meat and animal fat heavy diets that do not see the health issues you are associating with eating meat (the Innu, Masai, Swiss, Greeks, etc.). Russians of the Caucasus mountains live to great ages on a diet of fatty pork and whole milk products. Also, heart and kidney disease, cancer, obesity and osteoporosis (maladies commonly associated with meat eaters) are primarily a 20th century occurrence. Outside variables are skewing the results of these studies, and many times it is the authors themselves fudging results to suit their agenda.

I can make an argument that is unsubstantiated and based on a ****ty study, too. Vegetarians are significantly more likely to contract brain, skin, uterine, cervical and ovarian cancer than meat eaters, shows a 1994 study of California Seventh Day Adventists (who are largely vegetarian). ["7th Day Adventists & Cancer," Am. Jnl Clin. Nutr. 59:1136S-1142S (1994)]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mespllingesnogud
Our stomach's produce hydrochloric acid, something not found in herbivores. HCL activates protein-splitting enzymes, and the human pancreas creates digestive enzymes to handle a wide variety of foods (both meat and vegetable). We may have longer intestines than animal carnivores, but they are not as long as herbivores (we also don't possess multiple stomachs like many herbivores, nor do we chew cud). We are omnivores, we are meant to eat meat and vegetables.
Mosati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:40 PM #41
CerealKillr
Graphic Solutions

Quote:
Yeah, meat can be clog your arteries and all the fun stuff if you overdo it. You need everything in balance, AKA the food pyramid. I could state several studies showing downfalls of being a vegetarian too, but the only one I really need is that vegetarians are among the weakest people on the planet.

You being a vegetarian must have to take pills to get certain vitamins and minerals only found in meat, correct?

The thing is, it's completely natural to eat meat. We are omnivores. It doesn't relate to racism.

No, I have never taken supplements, ive never been healthier as a vegitarian. and I realize our diet is unrealted to racsism, i was using it as an example of how we have changed what we once thought normal.

Now, I must confess, Like many have mentioned, moderation is the key. a little of this, a little of that, is the best way to go. I choose not to eat meat mainly for other reasons. I personally, Dont think a living animal should die jsut becasue my stomach growls, or becasue I have a gun and it doesnt.

to graysonp: Humans need HUMAN milk...during infancy. Not ANIMAL milk, during adulthood. Also, you can change lyching and racism laws. you cant change the way we reproduce....thats why weve reproduced the same .
Old 01-16-2008, 07:40 PM #42
Paint Freak 98
Front Lean and Rest

Quote:

Not with the crap we put in it. I drink about a gallon of milk every 3-4 days. I love it. But the way it's prepared in the US provides almost no nutritional value.
Not as nutritious as it could be but think about it in the realm of 95% of other drinks. Menshealth had an article on it where top nutritionists agreed it's still one of the best things you can drink. It's also one of the cheapest forms of protein out there.