Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-22-2008, 02:30 PM #22
paintkilla13
VivA la PeVs

I remember going to one of my local fields and never seeing a pump player ever, the rare bread. Now I began to play pump and I have begun to see others a lot more. The VSC phantom is taking over really. Not so much sniper 2's at all. I guess the phantoms really end up saving you the most money in the end. But I do think playing pump at things such as big games are so much fun because the challenge is there and you get to show people that it's the skill not just the fire power. I'm so glad that by letting people try my sniper 2 alone they are saying they want to get into pump. Hopefully Pump becomes the new semi.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:25 PM #23
mxmtl
TPG MQ2 Pumper

So far, it sounds like it's on the grow! I went out last weekend to play with the semi walk-ons on the NPPL and speedball fields. There were only two of us pumpers that day, but some the kids were checking out our gear and were talking about wanting to get a pump too. It sounds like a great idea to have a loaner on hand.

At our local field, Velocity, it is the pump players themselves organizing the monthly pump days. The field gives the pump players a little discount on admission on pump day if we bring out a large enough group.

Last edited by mxmtl : 01-22-2008 at 06:45 PM.
mxmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:17 PM #24

The only large manufacturer that has taken notice is JT/WGP. I think it will be a sign of change if DYE or SP start making pumps. Even cooler if the low-volume, high quality houses like AKA or MAC-Dev start making pumps along side with CCM and CCI.
0102030405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:34 AM #25
Frosty McBeverage
I stole this avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0102030405 View Post
The only large manufacturer that has taken notice is JT/WGP. I think it will be a sign of change if DYE or SP start making pumps. Even cooler if the low-volume, high quality houses like AKA or MAC-Dev start making pumps along side with CCM and CCI.
QFT, Merlin pump FTW
Frosty McBeverage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:30 AM #26
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0102030405 View Post
What's old is new again.

I think it would be ultimate measure of pump success and fastest way the pump player base will grow if it becomes the norm start paintball by playing pump. It would require fields to stock rental pumps and run pump games which they may see as a threat to their paint sales. Are there any fields that has pump rentals? Lion's Den in CA used to have do that 6 years ago.
Our field promotes low paintball usage, so pump players don't really feel out of place playing in open groups. If it weren't like that, I would consider doing all pump games on a regular basis including having pump rentals available.

If my field had to compete in an environment where all the other fields were promoting high paint usage (like most places in North America), I would definitely consider doing it to give Newbies a chance to get initiated in paintball in the right way.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:56 PM #27
Bucktoothbeaver

isnt dye helping carter out? the buzzards have stickies on em
Old 02-01-2008, 07:39 PM #28
DarkArmorPB
VampiresTasteLikeChicken

DarkArmorPB is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Dave Youngblood Enterprises barrels used to be made in Carters machine shop. They go way back and have always had ties.

DA
DarkArmorPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:05 AM #29
martial_law1972
LA Hitmen Oakland

i had the chance to shoot my friends pump this weekend. i must say that i had a great time. it feels like the day when i first started to play paintball. anybody remember that feeling?
martial_law1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:11 PM #30
Aut0c()cker4l1f3

i play in the stl area and the pump scene has always been pretty good, i used to play at xtreme in milstadt and that place is a pumpers paradise, and i swear pump is spreading like a virus in the area, ive already converted 2 people into playing totally stock class at the bing field in wood river.
Aut0c()cker4l1f3 is offline   Reply With Quote