PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-07-2008, 01:29 PM #526
PaintballTourney2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4izyp4in708 View Post
Is the field at dz going to be split like last year?
no idea. I'll start an event 2 thread shortly that reagan will be a part of that can answer questions like yours.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2008, 01:35 PM #527
STKilla247

its just the principal of it. you dont change a field in the middle of prelims
STKilla247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:35 PM #528
cr4izyp4in708
Local Legend

Sounds good. I think it would he sweet to have the field split again. I liked it a lot

A power so great and you've no idea what it means to possess another's mind.
TONY PUCKETT

cr4izyp4in708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:50 PM #529
Pflaumen
*913*

Annual Supporting Member
Pflaumen donated to help Peyton Trent
Pflaumen owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Pflaumen owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Pflaumen has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I was overall impressed with the smoothness and speed that the tournament was run; as it has been at every MPS event I have been to. As others may have said, there are bad calls in every sport, no matter where the sport is played. I don't believe that only because of a few questionable calls everyone should begin boycotting TAP or the MPS series. I may have griped a bit myself, but everyone was doing the best they could. Should have read the rules a bit closer about the dead box thing, so that was my fault.

Big props to Dan, TAP, the refs, the sponsors, the players, and everyone else for an enjoyable event. I'm sure that by the next event, all this hullabaloo will be forgotten, and some new "bad" call will take the spotlight.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:59 PM #530
wM_Pity
Washed Up & No Skills ^^^

wM_Pity plays in the PSP
wM_Pity plays in the APPA D4 division
good job on the pictures dan!
wM_Pity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:06 PM #531
gopack

I just want to say that I felt both days went real well. The MPS team Dan,Tornado Alley,sponsers,ref's, and anybody I missed did a great job. It was great to see all the new teams that made it to event #1 .This is my sons fourth year playing MPS events and the competition for event #1 had to be the most even I have ever seen. The bracket my son's team Edge Army BA was in had 7 teams that still had a shot for finals with three games remaining. There was no easy points all day and the competition was tight and intense. Teams from Oklahoma had a great showing sending 4 teams to the finals. I also think that all of teams that just missed the finals have just as good of shot at winning future events than the teams that placed this weekend. This year is going to be an interesting year for level three. My son also played level two Sunday and it was a repeat of Saturday. A lot of teams so close in ability that every team had to bring there A game every match to get a victory. I say this is going to be one heck of a year for the MPS.
gopack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:11 PM #532
dirtymidwest
***HOT-SPICE***

has been a member for 10 years
dirtymidwest owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballTourney2 View Post
Actually, if memory serves me correctly the x was brought down after the first game in round 4. There was the rest of the games in round 4 (10 games), all of round 5 (11 games), round 6 (6 games), round 7 (6 games), and finals... (18 games). 51 games to go through.... not 5.

The PSP has a steel cable they run. After this past weekend, TAP will be looking into that system instead of a rope.

Dan
there was alot of games to go through but the two games we lost were when the X was laying down. Everyone should just stop talking about it, its done and over with. nothing on here that you post will change the outcome of the event. and like the TAP employees said (julie i think) if you dont like it dont come back. so then dont come to the tap event next season and just play the other ones.

if any teams are looking for some good practice pm me and we can set something up
Old 04-07-2008, 02:37 PM #533
jb12
High Performance Killer!

jb12 plays in the PSP
jb12 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jb12 plays in the APPA D4 division
^^
Old 04-07-2008, 02:51 PM #534
cr4izyp4in708
Local Legend

link to pictures?

TONY PUCKETT

Old 04-07-2008, 02:52 PM #535
royster

i forgot to quote

Quote:
The current standings page has been updated.

http://www.midwestpaintballseries.com/ ------> click on CURRENT STANDINGS on the left.

If your team has a website that you would like listed, email me the information.

Dan
Old 04-07-2008, 02:53 PM #536
cr4izyp4in708
Local Legend

nevermind, i just registered

TONY PUCKETT

Old 04-07-2008, 03:32 PM #537
Christhetopher

This was the only one that I thought should have been called but it was all good we had a blast and really enjoyed the tourny. We are new to the MPS and I thought it was very well structured. Keep it up Dan and everyone who is working with the MPS. See you guys at DZ!

Christhetopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:00 PM #538
big EB

big EB plays in the PSP
big EB supports Team VICIOUS
big EB plays in the APPA D2 division
I would just like to say that the Cave Stars had a great time. With all of our team being refs we understand that your calls wont make everyone happy. I would like to thank Dan, TAP, and the refs for a great event. Especially all of the time Dan takes to put on, run, and take pictures of an event. We cant wait for the next one.
big EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:20 PM #539
newpbkid
striving for greenness

newpbkid plays in the PSP
newpbkid supports Team VICIOUS
newpbkid plays in the APPA D3 division
newpbkid has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I was upset last night with my post and I understand that reffing is difficult we play with Kickn Factory and they ref plenty of events, and we see the bruises after events they ref trust me. I felt that without the right equipment the X would have came down agian but i feel if we had gotten more time to walk the field and I really feel bad for HPP im not sure weither or not they won or not but they were on the field when it was changed and Im sure that was a very unusual thing. Our fret was that we were in the hole at that point in time and got 10 mins to re walk the field and completely change how we play. I understand TAPs concern but more time would have been nice. Im not happy about the outcome but the day was ok. I would have liked to play single round robin with all the teams because that would have insured more games but thats just a suggestion. I give it up to the refs I really did like some of them but others not as much. I know its long hours but just being able to explain the calls you make is nice. I loved the paint it shot nice and I can assure you that Kickn is now shooting great with our summer fill. I just shot it.. And Dan you have really made this series something and Im glad for you but this will most likelu be Kickn Armys last event. We are going to play in bigger national events. We made friends with some teams. Mayhem, Truth, atleast i thought so, Regans Army, HPP is always fun, and met some new people. Im sure the rest of the season will be fine and I hope that no one thinks any less of us because of what we said during our frustration. I apologize to everyone on here but i think some of you can understand part of our frustration. Paintball is still fun to us we love it but we still take it serious.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:46 PM #540
PaintballTourney2

The official results and pics have been posted on tourney. Ive also posted a message that the results have been updated on the MPS website. Go to tourney for the posts.

Dan
Old 04-07-2008, 04:51 PM #541
DPG137

Reffing

To Me It Seemed Biased.... Just From A Few Refs Not All Of Them....
I Wouldn't Join All Of Them In The Same Group... Remember There Were Two Or Three Teams Reffign The Field And They All Have Different Agendas When It Comes To Reffing...
It Was Sad To Hear A Ref On The Field Tell Another Ref On The Field That "we Have To Watch This Team They Cheat All The Time..."
Then All But, Three Refs Are On Their Side Of The Field The Other 7-8 Are On The Other Side To Watch Closely But, Then A Ref From All The Way Down At The Other End Comes Up And Pulls A 141 For A Bounce, When They Already Have A Ref Bird Dogging That Player Calling Him Clean.
I Seen It Happen 3 Times When A Player Made It Into The Snake And No Shots Were Even Fired At Him Going Into It. No One Knew He Was In There Until A Ref Follows Him Down (waving He's Clean) The Tape Line... Then When He Comes Out To Shoot Someone & They Have Player Posted On Him And He Catches One. All The While If The Ref Would Have Just Stopped Him Early On And Checked Him A Little Stealth Would Have Changed The Outcome. To Swoop " Nice Job Taking One For The Refs And Other Players When Holding Up The "x"
Just Seeing The Refs Take A Suggestion And Not Atleast Trying It To Keep The X Up Becaus Ethey Dont Think It Would Hold Up ... Cmon As A Last Resort You Even Had Swoop Holding It Up.. You Could Have Atleast Tried It And If It Didnt Work You Could Then Say You Trie Deverything... But, To Just Shoot The Idea Down .... That Shows No Openess To Improvement ....
It Boils Down To A Few Bad Refs Made It Hard On The Rest... Thats Why There Wasnt Consistency One Would Follow How They Were Supposed To Then You'd Have Others Who Were Selective, Either By Ignorance Lazyness Or Just Complete Biasness. Dan You Did What You Could With What You Had... I See That You Say You Will Do A Better Job At Internally Figuring Out Where It Went Wrong With Refs That Is All That Anyone Could Actually Ask Of You Because Thats All That Is In Your Power. When Money Is Involved Tempers Are Going To Fly When It Comes To A Close Tourney....
I Have Always Tried To Instill In All The Players In Any Sport That I Have Coached And Played With "dont Let The Refs Have To Decide Your Match" Becasue You Will Only Get The Worst Choice Possible. "screwed"
Thats Why You Work On Your Gunskills And Teamwork So It Dont Lie With The Refs....
Overall It Ran Smoothly.... With A Few Speed Bumps.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:59 PM #542
cheez-it2
im kind of a big deal

cheez-it2 plays in the PSP
cheez-it2 supports Team VICIOUS
cheez-it2 plays in the APPA D4 division
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW Romeo View Post
o well dillion says that the guy in the x started to shoot him once he got to the guy in the back corner. cause the guy in the X was looking towards me in the doritos.. and then the guy in the x turned to dillion once he got ryan.
you know, i would say the same thing to my team too
lol but its all good, hope to play some great games against you guys later this year.

edit: this isnt a bashing/complaing post.
cheez-it2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:11 PM #543
BigPimpin55
Repping Western Ks

BigPimpin55 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Dan my team had a great time and we didn't win a game lol, no blaming the refs for that.

CO of Kansas SKO
Thanks to our sponsors: | Valken | SM Tactical | FOXHOLE Paintball store and field | M.N. P.I.R.O.D. | Quantico Tactical

My Guns For Sale: UL'd PMR for sale or Trade for Real Steel Magfed Phenom FS
Christ KREW
BigPimpin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:13 PM #544
Kspaintballer101
On the field since '98

Kspaintballer101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
That sucks Josh. I wanted to stay up there until Sunday so we could watch you guys play.
KS Ballers Club Member #10
1/24 Vego9 and 1 of 1 factory Orange Ego7 $625 or trade!?
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070878
Kspaintballer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:29 PM #545
1w00d
EA OG

1w00d plays in the PSP
1w00d supports Team VICIOUS
1w00d supports Team VICIOUS
1w00d plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez-it2 View Post
you know, i would say the same thing to my team too
lol but its all good, hope to play some great games against you guys later this year.

edit: this isnt a bashing/complaing post.
I agree. Let this be done.

Mayhem ground out a hard fought tourney. Looking forward to facing you again in the future. Maybe that day I'll have the hot hand and be on the field against you guys.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:36 PM #546
BigPimpin55
Repping Western Ks

BigPimpin55 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kspaintballer101 View Post
That sucks Josh. I wanted to stay up there until Sunday so we could watch you guys play.
Yeah, well you can't really expect to do great when you've never met the guys before the day of the event lol. But I had a great time with them and i think if we practiced together we coulda done better.

CO of Kansas SKO
Thanks to our sponsors: | Valken | SM Tactical | FOXHOLE Paintball store and field | M.N. P.I.R.O.D. | Quantico Tactical

My Guns For Sale: UL'd PMR for sale or Trade for Real Steel Magfed Phenom FS
Christ KREW
BigPimpin55 is offline   Reply With Quote