PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-07-2008, 12:50 PM #505
MW Romeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate4444 View Post
I was talking to one of the refs on saturday and he was saying how much more he enjoys reffing the level 3 and 4 because there isn't as much whinning and moaning about how unfair things are to them. I know what he's talking about now. DON"T blame it all on the refs. They do the best they can. I don't think they are out to screw people. If you just barely missed finals because of a bad call, then that means that you must of lost some other games as well. Why not blame yourselves for losing those games instead of blaming the refs for just one game or one call. There is ALWAYS something that each and everyone of you could of done different to make the game go the other way instead of relying on a refs call. Maybe you should of shot better on the break or ran faster to your bunker. Maybe you snap-shooting should of been better when you were gun fighting. Why is it so hard to just blame yourself instead of the refs. I understand its your hard earned money going into this event. Its sucks. It happens. Its paintball. There are bad ref calls in every sport. Sometimes it determines the out come of the game, sometimes it doesn't. We even had a bad call agianst us and it might of cost us a game in the finals. I'm not complaining though because it shouldn't of even came to that if me and my team would of played better. So STOP blaming the refs for you loses.
yes i think the refs did great and i had alot of fun.
MW Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2008, 12:51 PM #506
wM_Pity
Washed Up & No Skills ^^^

wM_Pity plays in the PSP
wM_Pity plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by MW Romeo View Post
o well dillion says that the guy in the x started to shoot him once he got to the guy in the back corner. cause the guy in the X was looking towards me in the doritos.. and then the guy in the x turned to dillion once he got ryan.
i wasn't in the game at that point lol, you must be talking about catty. rawr its all good what happened out their is what happened the call was made, and the game is done and over with.

way more tournaments, games and practices from here to there.
wM_Pity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:55 PM #507
Tornado Alley
TornadoAlleyPaintball.com

Tornado Alley is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballTourney2 View Post

For you teams that had fun on Sunday and who enjoyed playing despite winning or loosing or despite calls that went for or against you... I want to thank you and I hope to see you guys at future MPS events.

For you teams and/or spectators that made Sunday not fun for myself or other teams... please, don't come back if you are going to carry on the same actions and attitudes. I'd much rather loose your business rather that loose the business of those teams that are having fun or loose the fun myself of running this series which will result in the series not happening at all (Or at least Sundays not happening).

Thank you,

Dan

I completely agree with Dan. We take a lot of pride in making TAP a great place to play. Our refs spent 12 hours on Sat. and 10 hours on Sun. reffing, setting up, tearing down, etc. They did this with the sun beating on them the wind blowing and some whiny players cussing at them. We, at TAP are very proud of our refs. Are they perfect? No! But I have a very hard time believing these whiny people, on this forum, are either.

You can never please everyone, some grip because the X is falling in the middle of their games while others blame lying the X down caused them to miss making finals. Come on people, Grow Up! I teach third graders and they are less whiny than many of these complainers.

We have made many friends and have many repeat customers over the years, but I agree that I would much rather, these whiners NOT come to TAP, than to act in this way.

To those teams on Sat. and those of you who enjoyed the day on Sun. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your business and I hope you return for many more events at TAP.

Julie Scott (George's wife)

Old Nation Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1595826
Tornado Alley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:59 PM #508
STKilla247

ok, i do appreciate that the refs went out in the middle of a game and held the X up, but the problem was not going to be fixed with some stakes...all that needed to be done was to run some rope from end to end of the field through the X and it would have been FINE!!!! i brought this up with the hed ref and he said that their was no possable way that that could be done. and i would not blame the refs for the lose, but... the "refs" were also players in my division.. does anyone see the problem with this???

p.s. Dan, many of the smaller rules were not enforced, such as:
1) a leg could start behind the deadbox as long as it was not their whole body this was ok with the refs and should not have been. trust me i asked and they said it was fine, but they got on to my team for it.
2) the back of pacs was not to be covered with a jersey.. this was alowed with the team Truth, if my memory serves me right. it might have been a diffrent team. just small things like that no one bothered to enforce..
STKilla247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:08 PM #509
royster

Quote:
Originally Posted by STKilla247 View Post
all that needed to be done was to run some rope from end to end of the field through the X and it would have been FINE!!!!
rite. cuz u hav all the anserws. rope will stretch genius. ur idea wuld hav been a temporary fix but in just a mater of time the x wuld be fallin again.

Quote:
Come on people, Grow Up! I teach third graders and they are less whiny than many of these complainers.
juli, here is your purfect example of your statment
Old 04-07-2008, 01:13 PM #510
meangreen625
MeanGreen

refs

well, In my opinion, the refs did great, I played on I40 Fuel Black, out of Oklahoma. We played on Saturday, but were not there to watch Sundays matches, so I can't speak for all that may have happened on Sunday. But, I think they did a pretty awesome job, and you know one thing that was really weird that no other refs have done for me at a tourney, like....90% of the time, after a game, the refs were walking up to check me out and they were handing me my pods back to me, I personally thought that was cool, they didn't have to do that for me, but they did. I understand everyone is going to have their own opinions and such, but in my opinion I think they did great. Just a special thanks to TAP for hosting it, great job; and congrats to Graffiti Paintball for winning in the L3 division, and congrats to all the other winners of the other divisions.
meangreen625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:17 PM #511
royster

kikn army, u keep complaning about the x being taken down but did not you lost yur first 2 games when the x wuz up? quit blamming your loozing on stupid stuff like the x takn down or jerzys not tuked in. yu give paintball a bad name and ur sponsurs shuld be ashamed of your complaning
Old 04-07-2008, 01:19 PM #512
Vindikacione

Gentlemen,

This was Event #1 of the 2008 MPS series.

Dan and reffing staffs will conduct internal After Action Reviews and will make improvements and continue to do so throughout the series.

Don't expect the MPS to get worse. I believe it will grow and become better at each event. Player's attitudes will change, tempers will dimish, life will go on. The question on Unbiased Refs refs might come up, so what? Just face the fact that the series will not get NPPL or PSP refs, if you still have a problem with that, then like Dan said, go play in non-MPS tournaments.

What has happened can't be changed, the book is complete on MPS #1. So let's all agree to get over it and prepare to play better at MPS #2.

The world hasn't ended.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:20 PM #513
STKilla247

hey a$$ whole, we only had like 5 games left anyway. so it was a temerary fix to a temperary problem, how do you think they keep the X up in PSP, what, you think its never windy there. and no the X would not have fallen, god,are you people all inbread
Old 04-07-2008, 01:29 PM #514
Vindikacione

sigh.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:32 PM #515
josh_paintball
Jesus F†W

josh_paintball plays in the PSP
josh_paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
josh_paintball posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
well if the team that refed was in your division and had to paly against your team later in the series, do you think that the refing would be fair?? plus they got 7 series points which = 1st place

ya, thats what i thought. we missed finals by 15 points bc we got a 1 for 1, for no reasson.... AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

oh ya, btw what F ing event changes their field in the last half of prelims, w/o a captins meeting???
well, you should have won other games, i'm sure that wasn't the only game you lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by MW Romeo View Post
o well dillion says that the guy in the x started to shoot him once he got to the guy in the back corner. cause the guy in the X was looking towards me in the doritos.. and then the guy in the x turned to dillion once he got ryan.
yeah. you basing that off of what "dillon said" he can't be 100% right b.c everyone else saw different..not trying to start anything..but the tourney is over and you no longer have to worry about the calls.
Quote:
hey a$$ whole, we only had like 5 games left anyway. so it was a temerary fix to a temperary problem, how do you think they keep the X up in PSP, what, you think its never windy there. and no the X would not have fallen, god,are you people all inbread
the only thing is, mps isn't psp..there WILL be things different. if you are that mad then go play psp.

i would like to thank Dan , George, and all of the players that went out and had fun on sunday(our L3 team also says the same i just wasn't there saturday) It was a great tourney that our team enjoyed and we look forward to playing more MPS events! Also thanks to the refs for doing an OUTSTANDING job under the conditions.

EDIT: i see all of this bashing on this thread and i think it's the opposite of what we should do..we should represent the MW by being friendly and supporting each other instead of tearing eachother down.

Last edited by josh_paintball : 04-07-2008 at 01:34 PM.
josh_paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:34 PM #516
PaintballTourney2

Quote:
Actually, if memory serves me correctly the x was brought down after the first game in round 4. There was the rest of the games in round 4 (10 games), all of round 5 (11 games), round 6 (6 games), round 7 (6 games), and finals... (18 games). 51 games to go through.... not 5.

The PSP has a steel cable they run. After this past weekend, TAP will be looking into that system instead of a rope.

Dan
Old 04-07-2008, 01:45 PM #517
wM_Pity

wM_Pity plays in the PSP
Quote:
What has happened can't be changed, the book is complete on MPS #1. So let's all agree to get over it and prepare to play better at MPS #2.

The world hasn't ended.
^^^indeed.
the mps has improved a great deal since the mps teaser event so long ago. it will continue to get better.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:46 PM #518
TommieRocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by royster View Post
yu give paintball a bad name and ur sponsurs shuld be ashamed of your complaning
Kick'n Army is bashing Ref's? Lets talk about reffing at Kick'n events. The reffing is usually not the best but I never complained and whined like these little *****es. Dont worry about them giving Kick'n a bad name they are just doing fine with the crap paint they sell!!!

MPS #1 = Good Paint, Good field setup, Fair Reffing and Great Sloppy Joe's
TommieRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:48 PM #519
wM_Pity

wM_Pity plays in the PSP
oh yea, the paint was great lol! premium shot really good and hopefully the paint will be that great for the rest of the series
Old 04-07-2008, 01:50 PM #520
STKilla247

Dan that would be very smart, but that should have already been done, and none of thoses comments i just made we directed at you or the MPS, just at the gentlemen who quoted me.

i hpoe that your series has a good turn out for the reat of it.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:00 PM #521
STKilla247

josh paintball...
i was just giving one example... other teams got screwed too, not just us
and all i was saying about the X is that psp seems to be able to keep theirs up in some bad winds. TAP should of had the materials too keep it up also. and i can see im not giong to get anywhere so im done with my shpeel.

and Dan, i hope this series goes well for you, best of luck.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:08 PM #522
cr4izyp4in708
Local Legend

Is the field at dz going to be split like last year?

A power so great and you've no idea what it means to possess another's mind.
TONY PUCKETT

cr4izyp4in708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:09 PM #523
STKilla247

tommierocket...
im sorry that you dont know how to set your gun properly so it wont break paint, for the only Kick'n indoor ever that had not so great paint, the XSV ego i used broke 1 ball the whole event after slight adjusting. srry, but this was not any body at SPI's fault. so stop *****ing about something that happend 4 months ago.

thanks...
Old 04-07-2008, 02:16 PM #524
nate4444

Why is have the X standing up a big deal anyways. Ya, theres going to be more people shot off the break, but so what. It would be the same for both sides. You just have to change your game plan up a bit. This is the MPS, not the NPPL. There are other fields we will play at that are psp fields and that have a big X in the middle.
nate4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:22 PM #525
PaintballTourney2

The pictures have been uploaded. Here is a taste of what is up there....