PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-15-2008, 01:26 PM #1
Big_Guy

spcs?

my team is new to tournament paintball and we so far only have played one tournament...but we want to start playing more and we just found out about the spcs series...my question is how does it work exactly do you have to play all the events or you could just play the ones you want...i dont really know how this work and if anyone here could help me out it would be great...also is the spcs series gonna be arround in 2009 so i could know to start saving up for the team
Big_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2008, 01:40 PM #2
TiTus owns
East Koast Kid

You can play whatever events float your boat.

DYE-Jani King-PSI-Evil-LockDown-M.A.D Photography
TiTus owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:04 PM #3
SoFlaBen
damn hoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiTus owns View Post
You can play whatever events float your boat.
yeah that really really helps him.

You can play all the events or you can just play one. Your going to need to get an appa. They have 4 divisions. Beginner, Rookie, Novice, and Amateure. There is a series of three events and then it starts over. so it would be for the 2008 season, round one event 1, round 1 event 2, round one event 3, then round 2 event 1. The website is www.thespcs.com

you dont have to wait until the 09 season. you can play the next event.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:14 PM #4
TiTus owns
East Koast Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaBen View Post
yeah that really really helps him.
What he said +
You can play all the events or you can just play one. Your going to need to get an appa. They have 4 divisions. Beginner, Rookie, Novice, and Amateure. There is a series of three events and then it starts over. so it would be for the 2008 season, round one event 1, round 1 event 2, round one event 3, then round 2 event 1. The website is www.thespcs.com

you dont have to wait until the 09 season. you can play the next event.

In 08 thought there are 3 rounds, so there are 9 events, compared to last years 2 rounds and 6 events. There are more oppurtunities to play. Also if you play the entire round then you have more chance to win the entire round and get trophies and medals and all that good stuff. But for a team starting off it all depends how much money you have to compete. The more money, the more tournys. The more tournys, the more chances to win and tournament experiance you will recieve. The more tournament experiance and the calmer you will be going into a tournament which makes it more fun and less stressful. I think you can see the pattern.

DYE-Jani King-PSI-Evil-LockDown-M.A.D Photography
TiTus owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:03 PM #5
Mark790.06

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Guy View Post
also is the spcs series gonna be arround in 2009 so i could know to start saving up for the team
Save for 09?

Some of you might want to admit to this person how much you all spend on paintball in a given year. That is, if you're willing to know it yourselves.

Not a flame, just want beginners to understand what it takes to compete.
Mark790.06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:27 AM #6
WHOWHAT?
Team Who

Annual Supporting Member
WHOWHAT? owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
WHOWHAT? owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
WHOWHAT? supports Team VICIOUS
WHOWHAT? is attending Decay of Nations VII
Great point Mark.
Big_Guy. I started a team 2 years ago, it was alot of fun and we had a great time. Our team ended up joining up with another team and from there we took off. As a new team you will need to make sure all players have working markers as well as compressed air tanks. no co2. Dont waist money on matching uniforms because your team might or might not stay together and there are so many different one's pick from. Your biggest cost will be paint! plan on shooting a lot of paint. say around 7-10 cases for 6 people Paint prices will vary. You will see anything from Wal-Mart brand to Draxxus. Plan on spending around $40 a case give or take $10. DO NOT SKIMP ON PAINT. GOOD PAINT WINS MATCHES. I hope this helps out some if you have any other questions just post them or pm me.

COST.
PAINT: 35-55 A CASE
MARKERS:250-1300
ENTRY:300-1500 DEPENDING ON TOURNY. START WITH SMALLER LOCAL FIRST.
MASK: 65-110
HOPPER: 65-170
TANKS:130-210 IF YOU NEED SOME LET ME KNOW HAVE GREAT PRICE ON 5
1ST PLACE D-3 XBALL 08 WORLD CUP
2ND PLACE CHICAGO OPEN 08 D3 XBALL
2008 SPYDER CUP CHAMPS

Last edited by WHOWHAT? : 01-16-2008 at 07:29 AM.
WHOWHAT? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:56 PM #7
wizzwuzz

Great job last weekend Who... I started our team last year played 8 events (1 national) all in all we droped @ 25 k.... practicing 2 to 3 times a week most of them anyway.... pratice paint is where most of it goes... and if you cant get togather to pratice regularly and shoot a lot of paint... well plan on just havin fun... it paid off for us 13th World cup D-4 & won the last at SPCS last year... This year moved up to scrap with the big dogs in novice & lookin foward to it... makin a run at D-3 5 man in 2 PSP events.... hope to see yall out there....