Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 09:34 AM #22
trogdor55
MW WHAT

has been a member for 10 years
trogdor55 supports Team VICIOUS
RoS down after an hour and a half of attempts, time to Mother Shadow resist, we'll see how that works out.

Any rogues tried the new shadowstep build? Haven't had time/gold for it yet but i'll try it over the weekend.

got the 2v2 to 1801, 50 more rating to s3 weapons w00t
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2008, 09:50 AM #23
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

it still sucks IMO. i played with it last night and it a nice novelty, but against a high res target, even with the buff to ambush, it you arent doing much damage with ambush or daggers. i tried it with maces and it was fun, but it lacked the burst i like. im sure if i use it more ill get a lot better with it.

its all about stacking armor reduction to make a rogue viable in arenas now. if you do that daggers pwn. im trying a seal fate/premed build today and tomorrow with maces and see how that works. premed, cs, 5 pt imp expose armor, hemo, hemo, hemo/ks...throw a cb and prep in there...you get the idea
Old 01-09-2008, 09:57 AM #24
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTonedbeat View Post
I>JuggernautsV1.2

if you want him out of this thread just get people to report him for trolling/instigating.

Also if anyone wants a druid with an epic/kara gear set for resto, tank, and dps spec, shoot me a PM. I'll let it go for about 150, has a month of play time left. 2k6 or earlier and 5+ feedback, thanks.

Firstpagelololol.
any pvp gear? and is it alliance?
Old 01-09-2008, 10:30 AM #25
trogdor55
MW WHAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhungry View Post
it still sucks IMO. i played with it last night and it a nice novelty, but against a high res target, even with the buff to ambush, it you arent doing much damage with ambush or daggers. i tried it with maces and it was fun, but it lacked the burst i like. im sure if i use it more ill get a lot better with it.

its all about stacking armor reduction to make a rogue viable in arenas now. if you do that daggers pwn. im trying a seal fate/premed build today and tomorrow with maces and see how that works. premed, cs, 5 pt imp expose armor, hemo, hemo, hemo/ks...throw a cb and prep in there...you get the idea
they still havent thrown the dagger rogues a bone yet, but im assuming it will come soon. I was looking more for someone who's done some arena as shadowstep, I see it benefiting alot against druid/dps, as you can build cp's, when the druid bashes and travel forms you can shadowstep KS and get some damage off. But outlast teams will suck, since before I used a single AR to put pressure on the healer, and once the healer was Cc'd oom I could blow the second to drop the dps before CC is broken.

idk, shadowstep will help get my 2's through the 1800+ wall of druid/lock teams hopefully.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:33 AM #26
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

yea, i havent arena'd with it yet. i might try it tonight in 5's and i can get back to you. it does rape in BG,s however. premed is freaking AMAZING. its actually great on warriors and yea, it owns druids. my build kinda got ****ed though, i accidentally put 2 pts in lightning fast reflexes. meh, the extra dodge helps

Last edited by imhungry : 01-09-2008 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:42 AM #27
trogdor55
MW WHAT

Quote:
yea, i havent arena'd with it yet. i might try it tonight in 5's and i can get back to you. it does rape in BG,s however. premed is freaking AMAZING. its actually great on warriors and yea, it owns druids. my build kinda got ****ed though, i accidentally put 2 pts in lightning fast reflexes. meh, the extra dodge helps
yah. playing with 0 points combat is going to suck, especially since I played 17/44 through season one, two, and ar/prep until now in s3.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:53 AM #28
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

ill tell you one thing, you do not die as a sub rogue. its amazing. the spec is a blast but once you get passed ur KS ur damage is sloooooow
Old 01-09-2008, 11:31 AM #29
I>JuggernautsV1.2 (Banned)
Im not banned lulz

subscribing
Old 01-09-2008, 11:51 AM #30
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

well, as shs i just had 2 hemo crits in a row for 1750...yea, i love the hemo "nerf"! its actually buffed up once you get charges on them. i think i had a exec proc though.

edit: absolutely MAULED a s2-3 warrior a few times in wsg just now. he strait up couldnt hit me. i dodged everything and kept him stunned for a good while. when he got away from me and was about to intercept i SHS'd and hit shiv and ran circles around him. i might stay this spec for a while now...eatting my own words, lol

Last edited by imhungry : 01-09-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:56 AM #31
TwoTonedbeat (Banned)
M U M U

Quote:
any pvp gear? and is it alliance?
Horde, its mainly raid dps gear, but I wouldn't rule it out for PvP. But no pvp/arena gear.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:28 PM #32
paintballbum
.ılıl.

paintballbum is a Supporting Member
anybody remember way back when warlocks sucked. I was talking to some old guildies and we were joking about how horrible warlocks were and nobody wanted them
Old 01-09-2008, 01:00 PM #33
postinus
do work son!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballbum View Post
anybody remember way back when warlocks sucked. I was talking to some old guildies and we were joking about how horrible warlocks were and nobody wanted them
i do.
i also remember when my hunter had huge aimed shot crits and pvp with him was a ton of fun.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:19 PM #34
paintballbum
.ılıl.

paintballbum is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by postinus View Post
i do.
i also remember when my hunter had huge aimed shot crits and pvp with him was a ton of fun.
god i hated those aimed shots, when i first hit 60 some damn hunter crit me for over half my health
Old 01-09-2008, 01:26 PM #35
postinus
do work son!

Quote:
god i hated those aimed shots, when i first hit 60 some damn hunter crit me for over half my health
i loved them so much.
they were amazing.
AV was sooo much fun.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:59 PM #36
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

Quote:
well now hunters are unstoppable killing machines if BM, and they just got an unneeded buff this patch. no matter, they are easy mode with a shs build. only real drawback i have with the build is with stuns. no stun resist talents and no imp sprint hurts when shs is on CD. i need to switch my meta gem too, i have the +agi, +crit damage one in now because i was using it for pve as well, need to get the stun resist one.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:59 PM #37
GrimXtk
Smiles McGee

GrimXtk owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
GrimXtk owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
GrimXtk is an NCPA player
Aardvark, where did soulx and ur lock xfer too? who was ur lock even?

I could so have my s3 wpn right now if I didnt quit my mage hehe
Old 01-09-2008, 02:13 PM #38
pballin77
Oatmeal makes you healthy

pballin77 helped look for balloons
pballin77 is playing at Living Legends III
pballin77 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pballin77 supports Team VICIOUS
first page woot
ASM Council
ST: Music: Guitar thread: OG
Old 01-09-2008, 02:20 PM #39
Strange1130
FTW

Strange1130 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
well, as shs i just had 2 hemo crits in a row for 1750...yea, i love the hemo "nerf"! its actually buffed up once you get charges on them. i think i had a exec proc though.

edit: absolutely MAULED a s2-3 warrior a few times in wsg just now. he strait up couldnt hit me. i dodged everything and kept him stunned for a good while. when he got away from me and was about to intercept i SHS'd and hit shiv and ran circles around him. i might stay this spec for a while now...eatting my own words, lol
did he not use a shield?

"Originally posted by parkrats: Telling me to leave this thread is like telling a bear to leave the woods, it's my home."

"Originally posted by Rampager2000: I only wear them with questionable girls. Like, I won't not have sex with a whore. I'll just wrap it."

"Originally posted by IncobWTF: When idiots chirp with nothing to back it up i throw it right back at em, obviously."
Old 01-09-2008, 02:23 PM #40
§evin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Aardvark View Post
First page, huzzah!

EDIT: Also, went from 1989 to 1851 in 5v5 last week, and today our lock and spriest both xferred. Found another lock and a Gladiator Frost mage who just xferred here to replace them, though. Went 5-5 to 1849, but I don't really mind, seeing as we just completely reformed the team and have to get used to playing with each other.

Then, just before I was about to go to bed, a Resto shaman started whispering me about trying 2's. I didn't really think it would work (I'm an Enhancement shaman), but I invited him to mine and we went 6-1 from 1698 to 1776. Made me feel fuzzy inside beating teams using 2 shamans in shamans' worst bracket.

One team we faced, which I thought we'd lose to for sure, was a Resto druid and a MS warrior with his s3 sword and shoulders. Basically me and the warrior beat on each other while I Purged HoTs and my healer tried to keep himself from getting Cycloned. Hitting the warrior and feeding him rage, however, I got to like 20% and almost died, but it was in Blade's Edge Arena, and he wasn't even bothering to Hamstring because we were just sitting there hitting each other, so I popped down Earthbind then ran and jumped onto one of the pillars. He Intercepted me, but accidentally fell off the pillar and I got healed to full.

Then, we went back to smacking each other, and I noticed his druid was trying so desperately to Cyclone my healer through Earth Shock and two Grounding Totems, that he was just sitting like two yards away from me in caster form, so I popped down another Earthbind and bursted him down in about 5 seconds (literally). He tried jumping off the bridge and going cheetah, but he was at 9% and I gambled and finished him with an Earth Shock just as he got out of melee range instead of trying to Frost Shock and catch him. Since I was low and I just LoS'd my healer, the warrior jumped down and finished me, but Resto shaman with Bloodlust > MS warrior. If that druid had gotten one more HoT tick off, we would have lost it. Pretty intense.

EDITx2: Also finally left my 1-man guild (Windfuhrer) a few days ago and joined a PvP guild that I do premades with a lot. Today they promoted me to Windfuhrer (custom Officer title), but Officers have to actually contribute something meaningful in this guild as opposed to a lot of PvP guilds, so I have to organize guild Arena teams. I think I'm just going to go through every member of their guild on Armory, find Arena brackets that they don't have a team for, and make suggestions for teams they could form.
[15:23] [Wall of Text] crit [You] 9000+

Old 01-09-2008, 02:27 PM #41
TeamOverkill2k4
•• NerdRage ••

TeamOverkill2k4 is a Supporting Member
TeamOverkill2k4 donated to help Peyton Trent
i love teh raiding, its true
Old 01-09-2008, 02:32 PM #42
Strange1130
FTW

Strange1130 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by §evin View Post
[15:23] [Wall of Text] crit [You] 9000+

over 9000?!

"Originally posted by parkrats: Telling me to leave this thread is like telling a bear to leave the woods, it's my home."

"Originally posted by Rampager2000: I only wear them with questionable girls. Like, I won't not have sex with a whore. I'll just wrap it."

"Originally posted by IncobWTF: When idiots chirp with nothing to back it up i throw it right back at em, obviously."
Closed Thread