Old 01-09-2008, 05:04 PM #22
el pengo

has been a member for 10 years
el pengo plays in the PSP
el pengo owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
el pengo plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Rising View Post
I'm not a member of Splatball and so I don't get discounts of any sort from Splatball - but if I buy a case of paint ELSEWHERE for Less than $75 I'd be able to bring it to Splatball, Which means I pay $40 to play at Splatball because I have the option to bring paint from elsewhere, which is not the case if I go to AA.

It's that case of paint that makes the difference seeing as you HAVE to purchase a case from AA, while you can get paint for less elsewhere and bring it to Splat.

So I don't know where you're getting and 'special discounts and deals' because I'm not getting any when I go to Splatball.

You don't HAVE to purchase a case. You can buy by the bag. Bottomline:AAP and Splatball cost about the same, but AAP is vastly superior in every measurable way.

Plus, you don't risk breaking your hip or cracking your head open while playing @ AAP. Unlike the skating rink Splatball calls their "floor".

Been there, done that, have the trophy.
el pengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:55 PM #23
underdog2987
superhero for hire

finally people who share my opinions on splatball
Old 01-09-2008, 10:32 PM #24
87grndntl

87grndntl owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
87grndntl owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
87grndntl supports Team VICIOUS
ok splat doesnt have the bills airassault has to pay so why would they lose profit allowing non field paint when the main place field income comes from is paint sales and to stay on topick aap is worth the extra "50" in my opinion even if you can play for cheaper at splat i like my knees and ancles and body the way they are...un bruised which you will most likely get at splat unless you wrap yourself in bubble wrap and a sumo suit
Old 01-12-2008, 03:53 PM #25
SA_4_LIFE
#EndProhibition2012

SA_4_LIFE has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Back 80 by Rushford is a good place w/ good refs and its pretty cheap compared to the other places and they have a bunch of fields. website: http://www.back80.com/

ST:A where station wagons are still racecars

Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Domestics
SA_4_LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 05:46 PM #26
Twizted Brain Wave
I suck at paintball

Twizted Brain Wave owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Rising View Post
No when you don't have to pay for the paint - Paint's the majority of my tips when I'm working, plus stockpiling over the season - I haven't bought a case of paint in over 6 months
So that's the reason it's cheaper for you to play at Splatball. Because you don't pay for half your paint, therefore you can bring your paint to splatball (the paint you didn't pay for) and play for cheaper. It makes sense then why Splat Ball would be cheaper for YOU personally. Though that's not the same for the average Joe.
... So I've never paid more than $40 on any occassion I've gone to Splat
Exactly, because you get your paint for free, or very dirt cheap because of your job. Not because Air Assault has much higher prices.

So basically, you are getting "discounts" on playing at SplatBall. Though it's not directly through Splat Ball. So you can't say that Splat Ball has cheaper prices, just because you can play cheaper on your free paint.

When it comes right down to the point, for someone walking in to play, that has not gotten free, or discounted paint, then Air Assault would be cheaper in the long run.

If you walked into Wal-Mart (or where ever) to buy paint. And got say, $50 ($75 if you bought at Splat Ball) worth of paint, which what I've noticed, is a low amount for decent paint, for a case of paint. Then went to Splat Ball, paid the $20 for entry. Then another $3.50 each fill (if you're using Co2, not everyone has HPA, but we'll leave that out). Plus then you might as well factor in the chances of getting hurt (which would equal $$$ in doctor bills, if it's bad enough, and being on the fields at Splat Ball, it's a very real possiblilty). So you're looking at anything between $70-$95 +, that is, if you actually pay for your paint.

Then you have el pengo, walks into Air Assault, pays his $10 for the entry fee, $5 for all day air, and $75 for a full case of paint (unless you have 2000 players on the other team, you shouldn't need that much, but that's another topic). You're looking at spending about $90 to play. But you also have the piece of mind that you aren't playing on a slicked up concrete floor. There's cushion, and it gives when you hit the ground. Sure, accidents can happen, but they're far less likely to happen on a soft surface than a concrete floor.

Now, I'm not trying to be biased or anything. Truth is, I play at Air Assault and Splat Ball. First time I ever played was at Splat Ball. I personally ended up spending a bit more at Splat Ball, than I typically do at Air Assault, though I normally play with a pump at Air Assault, and a semi at Splat Ball. There's a lot that goes into it when you're trying to figure out the best field, than just the price.

Though the best fields in the area, that I have found to my liking best, was Splat Tag. Though that's mainly woodsball only (a small, not very good speedball field is there too, though it's mostly woods). It all depends on your own personal preferances.

As for mnbuell, the original poster of this thread, I would suggest going to a number of different fields to try them all out. Trying to figure out your favorite field, and style. Air Assault is normally your higher level player base, along with a larger playing field. Splat Ball is smaller, and slightly lower player skill (though not all of them). And my personal favorite is Splat Ball for their great woodsball. There's plenty of other fields out there to try out, don't hinder yourself into using only one field.

Current Stable:
Angel A1 {Fly'd & Magno'd} - "2k9" PTP Micromag - CCM T2 - DM3 - Bob Long Millenium Spyder

WTT/WTS: PM me for details
Offer on any of the above
Twizted Brain Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:36 AM #27
mnbuell

So I played at splatball yesterday. and I have to say AA is by far a safer and much larger field. Plus it's 10 min from my house. So who's going to be at AA next Sunday?
mnbuell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:07 PM #28
underdog2987
superhero for hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnbuell View Post
So I played at splatball yesterday. and I have to say AA is by far a safer and much larger field. Plus it's 10 min from my house. So who's going to be at AA next Sunday?
what type of gun were you shooting and what were you wearing yesterday when you went to splatball?
Old 01-14-2008, 08:13 PM #29
mnbuell

A red Shocker and I was wearing black dickie pants, w/ a black tee shirt, and a red lens grills mask. I didn't get there until 3:30 thought. Why wear you there?
Old 01-14-2008, 09:53 PM #30
underdog2987
superhero for hire

i wasn't but a teamate of mine works there and another potential player for us works there as well
Old 01-14-2008, 10:08 PM #31
quick96z

I'm a huge fan of air assault. I've been playing woodsball for years and just recently got into speedball. The guys at air assault are all cool, they know what they are doing, and they are good. Needless to say, playing with people that are good force you to be better.....or else you get shot alot. I've been going to air assault pretty much every sunday for the last few months, and every time I go it's awesome.

I don't want to knock splatball, it's pretty ok place it's just not as good as air assault in my humble opinion. But hey, what do I know.

BTW, I'm the guy with the Epiphany and that sweet duct tape power button...

Trav
quick96z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:45 AM #32
mnbuell

Who's going to be at AA this Sunday? I'm looking to play some more. F*** I got the PB itch.
ReplyRegional Ups