PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-07-2008, 05:00 PM #1
boilermaker169

new bunkers at killer????

Went to killer sat. About 4 to 5 bunkers would not stay inflated. Just curious how much is a new air ball field? And if they got a new field would the killer hating stop?

Vlocity Jr./Gangster
Vlocity XSV
Halo V35 jumped
Hitting the snake off the break
boilermaker169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:03 PM #2
pbstar1792
SevenHundredThirtyFour

pbstar1792 plays in the PSP
pbstar1792 plays in the APPA D3 division
lmao the killer hating will never stop, even if they got a WHOLE NEW field, it would be way to small, and its wayyyyy to slippery there, they will be lucky to stay in business due to the fact that that motor city reball just opend
pbstar1792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:24 PM #3
pbfreak910

X-Ball fields run for about $5000 - $6000 and NPPL Fields run for about $6500 - $7000
Cobra Paintball
TC Paintball in Grand Rapids
pbfreak910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:30 PM #4
teamfingerbang

with rjs new turf an 08 nppl field and the mcr 08 x ball field you would be a fool to pay the same price as killer and not go to rjs the field is bigger the refs are better

if your looking to save money mcr is your place

killer hateing will stop when that guy learns how to run his buisness and cater to everyone not just kids with tippmans

SO-MICH ARMY
-EASTSIDE-

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post46212567 brand new mantis cleats
teamfingerbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:11 AM #5
nelspot oo7

i've never been to killer, but if he is just catering to the newer clientel and not tourney ballers like you say, then i don't see why people are hating the place. fields stay in business because of the new players and private groups, so if you only have one field then you must make the most of it especially if it's as small as people say.
nelspot oo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:14 AM #6
n8tdogg
Jazz hands

he'll be in business a while its s popular with new people he will ahve absolutly no problem over break i went there over 10 times yea it was slippery and the bunkers blow and i spent way to much money on his stupid air fee and field fee but they always had liek 30 noobs or more and lots of private parties killers here to stay maybe itll turn into an all noob center
n8tdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:44 AM #7
nelspot oo7

hopefully he'll take some of the money you spent and fix his leaks !! slipperyness is very hard to fix as any indoor with cement - wood - carpet and even turf will be slippery.
nelspot oo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:27 AM #8
teamfingerbang

so if you went there and spent way to much on his stupid air fee and his entry fee why wouldnt you go play at a place with a nicer field with better refs and better bunkers for the same price

im not understanding what your point is

ive been to this field alot not proud of but because of location this was the only place to play recently every private party ive seen there consisted of 10 guys splitting 4 cases of paint

i personally spent on average 70 a week 3 times a month at this guys place thats 210 dollars a month and there were many others like myself who spent this amount there not to mention i tried to show his store as much buisness as i could when i needed equipment and such if he caterd to both sides he might be able to bring 20 or more players like myself to spend money like this there now that hes ran his buisness like hes ran it so far no one wants to play there but thats just my two cents you spend your money where you want

SO-MICH ARMY
-EASTSIDE-

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post46212567 brand new mantis cleats
teamfingerbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:43 AM #9
DragonVunit
Detroit Action

DragonVunit plays in the PSP
DragonVunit owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DragonVunit plays in the APPA D5 division
I myself spent last winter playing at Killer....... I wasn't happy about the prices then but 1 of the 2 owners did try to make things easier for my team time to time. But IMO it wasn't enough. Most people last winter went there because it was closer than anything else and the fact they knew the place because it use to be FB but as time went on they left and made the drive to whatever field. I know we bolted as soon as it was warm enough to return to FB outdoor. Now that FB/Motor city reball is open ( for tourney players at least ) I see no need to visit Killer any longer. I think if they stuck to what I heard was there original game plan and also cleaned up the place ....... instead of just going with what was there when they took over .......it would be a much better place to play. They might even draw in alot more players from both sides of the PB world.

I don't know what there prices are right now since I haven't been there this winter......... by the prices they were charging for team practice wasn't a good deal ........ it just happen to be the only deal in town at the time. If I'm going to pay w/entry $50 to $55 I should be getting a full case of paint not half a case like I did last year. I don't know who thought that was a great deal but it wasn't and we didn't even get high quality of paint. But I feel Killer charges to much for paint even in there store but oh well I don't plan on going back there to play ever.

Detroit Action Paintball Teams
Action Paintball/Action Paintball Park

No Guts !!!!!! No Glory !!!!!

Last edited by DragonVunit : 01-08-2008 at 07:45 AM.
DragonVunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:50 PM #10
Det_IgnitionJ

has been a member for 10 years
Well said Dragon. I played at killer once last year and never went back. it was dirty as hell. I dropped into a slide about halfway to the corner and nailed the wall(20 feet or so). there airball field is tiny(3v3 MAYBE).
MCR is way more cheaper to play and bigger. With a real airball field.

R.I.P Danny G

Feedback
Det_IgnitionJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:56 AM #11
Marich01

Marich01 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I just played at killer tonight, lol the speedball field deffenently needs help. I still had fun, but that will be another story when i am cleaning my gear in the mourning haha.

WGP PUMP F/S
Marich01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:23 AM #12
kooler than jesus

getting new bunkers at killer will not fix their problems. i've tried to be more than helpful to the owners but when you try to help someone and they act like they are doing you a favor by taking your business, it gets to be pointless. hell at one point half the bunkers on their field were bunkers me and a friend loaned to them. i also tried to let them know certain things the customers wanted to see done up there and they just blew it off. they really need to decide if they want to be a legitimate field or just a place where first timers and private parties get taken

KEEP FUNK ALIVE

Last edited by kooler than jesus : 01-15-2008 at 08:45 AM.
kooler than jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:27 PM #13
acoolguy77
The **** winds are blowin

acoolguy77 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
acoolguy77 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonVunit View Post

I don't know what there prices are right now since I haven't been there this winter......... by the prices they were charging for team practice wasn't a good deal ........ it just happen to be the only deal in town at the time. If I'm going to pay w/entry $50 to $55 I should be getting a full case of paint not half a case like I did last year. I don't know who thought that was a great deal but it wasn't and we didn't even get high quality of paint. But I feel Killer charges to much for paint even in there store but oh well I don't plan on going back there to play ever.
We got basic for $37, classic for like $45 or somtin, and Chronic for about $50. We dropped that ****ty addiction **** we used to sell,thank god.

An the owner (s) are to ****in cheap to buy new bunkers, we need to fill those *****'s up in between every game they're so bad.
acoolguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:16 PM #14
switze22

They need to work on tournament field layouts.

The last one on January 12 was a joke.

"I am a paintball player, and this moment right here is my life." - Matty Marhsall

Current Stock Picks:

January 14, 2008 - AAPL
Hold till after earnings
switze22 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups