Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-07-2008, 06:19 PM #22
shockinum (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai View Post
*cough* he's going back to aftermath *cough*
I was thinking that too.
We already found out mouse is going back so I wonder if Ronnie and Sean will be close behind

SUPER HUGE MEGA UBER MAYBE I have no proof so dont quote me I was just saying what if
shockinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2008, 06:32 PM #23
stealthkilla126

wouldint suprise me if he did. With all the teams quiting and players leaving, i tells me that the old generation of ballers is moving on and many new teams will be coming in.
stealthkilla126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:27 PM #24
Xx-Rapper Eater-xX
Chris Shiver

dam i like sean
Dye
G3

Last edited by Xx-Rapper Eater-xX : 01-07-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Xx-Rapper Eater-xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:51 PM #25
loe614

loe614 plays in the PSP
loe614 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
loe614 supports Team VICIOUS
loe614 plays in the APPA D4 division
sean is taking time off to figure out what he wants to do wit his life
ironmen fanclub #7

sean mcdonald fanclub member #28

ollie lang fanclub #105

stephen lasher fanclub #6
loe614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:08 AM #26
shockinum (Banned)

Well all we can do is wish him gl and hope everything works out for him and if he went to aftermath it would still be cool concidering their my 3rd favorite team
Old 01-08-2008, 02:15 AM #27
m3s0h0rn7
-//-

has been a member for 10 years
Hope the man can pull something off finding a job in the industry. I doubt it though, not much of the pie left to go around. Hate to see him go...
m3s0h0rn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:55 AM #28
AbombBOI (Banned)
Ur Mom Plays On

Boy some of you guys just don't get it. Some of these pro players are dirt poor and never really have time to work on "real" financially sound futures because you get caught up in this great PB lifestyle. Look at some of the pro teams living 6 to a house. They don't live there cause they love having the smelly guy in the next room, its so they can afford to play ball week in and week out. Any of you that have played on the national level know what I know. Your either in it for the long haul, or your just checking it out for a few years. And the truth is simple, everyone wants to be in it for the long haul but simply can't do it. Hats off to Lil Sean... Bro go do your thing and I assure you this sport isn't going no where and your young enough to come back to it in a few years once you get set up....
AbombBOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:57 AM #29
vtdawg404
Interstate Trafficking

vtdawg404 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbombBOI View Post
Boy some of you guys just don't get it. Some of these pro players are dirt poor and never really have time to work on "real" financially sound futures because you get caught up in this great PB lifestyle. Look at some of the pro teams living 6 to a house. They don't live there cause they love having the smelly guy in the next room, its so they can afford to play ball week in and week out. Any of you that have played on the national level know what I know. Your either in it for the long haul, or your just checking it out for a few years. And the truth is simple, everyone wants to be in it for the long haul but simply can't do it. Hats off to Lil Sean... Bro go do your thing and I assure you this sport isn't going no where and your young enough to come back to it in a few years once you get set up....
I assure you that is sport is going some where...

Either way, he's young and should focus on securing his future rather than playing ball for say the next 10 years or so.

EDIT: OR HE CAN DO BOTH!
vtdawg404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:57 AM #30
vtdawg404
Interstate Trafficking

vtdawg404 is a Supporting Member
Double post. Sorry. Delete
vtdawg404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:04 PM #31
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai View Post
*cough* he's going back to aftermath *cough*
*cough*dont start rumors when you know nothing other than whats said by random people*cough*

As its been stated Sean is taking some time off to work and decide what he wants to do regarding Paintball... he may come back he may not. Right now he's just taking life one step at a time and when he knows whats up everyone else will know.

Many teams have been after Sean for awhile, should he come back money will play a roll in where he goes.
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Ninja Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:14 PM #32
J. Stein

J. Stein is a Supporting Member
J. Stein is a founding member
J. Stein plays in the PSP
J. Stein donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtdawg404 View Post
I assure you that is sport is going some where...
Where?

Warzone Facebook
www.warzoneri.com

RIP Ronnie
J. Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:24 PM #33
AbombBOI (Banned)
Ur Mom Plays On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
Many teams have been after Sean for awhile, should he come back money will play a roll in where he goes.
Paintball is not like the NFL or MLB, people need to start thinking long term. A few years in PB when you 20 years old getting payed $40,000 a year, does nothing to help you when your 40 years old. Everyone can't get set up like Ollie... and truthfully he is not really "set up". Oh sure he is getting a few hundred thousand from Dye on a short term contract. Lets just hope they continue to like him for a long time. There are truely only about 20 people world wide who can say on their dying day they made big time money off of paintball i.e. Dave Youngblood, Bob Long, Bud Orr... you know the people.
AbombBOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:49 PM #34
J. Stein

J. Stein is a Supporting Member
J. Stein is a founding member
J. Stein plays in the PSP
J. Stein donated to help Peyton Trent
If you are in paintball to make "big time money" than you are in the wrong sport and for the wrong reason.

Warzone Facebook
www.warzoneri.com

RIP Ronnie
J. Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:21 PM #35
loe614

loe614 plays in the PSP
loe614 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
loe614 supports Team VICIOUS
loe614 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Stein View Post
If you are in paintball to make "big time money" than you are in the wrong sport and for the wrong reason.
i agree all pros play for the love not the money even though i kno i wont make money by playin pro it still is a dream of mine
ironmen fanclub #7

sean mcdonald fanclub member #28

ollie lang fanclub #105

stephen lasher fanclub #6
loe614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:44 PM #36
pbplayer117

pbplayer117 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pbplayer117 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockinum View Post
Um xsv kinda had it worst
lol
AGREED

BRING ME A SL8R
pbplayer117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:43 PM #37
shockinum (Banned)

Quote:
Quote:
Paintball is not like the NFL or MLB, people need to start thinking long term. A few years in PB when you 20 years old getting payed $40,000 a year, does nothing to help you when your 40 years old. Everyone can't get set up like Ollie... and truthfully he is not really "set up". Oh sure he is getting a few hundred thousand from Dye on a short term contract. Lets just hope they continue to like him for a long time. There are truely only about 20 people world wide who can say on their dying day they made big time money off of paintball i.e. Dave Youngblood, Bob Long, Bud Orr... you know the people.
Cause you know all right?
And um has anyone clarified this yet or is this all some PbDojo ****
Old 01-08-2008, 10:06 PM #38
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

Quote:
Every pro player knows that not everyone is going to get the Ollie Lang level of $ to play, but what money they can get for playing does help them with the missed work and all the other expenses they have to deal with to play pro. They play for the love of the game, but when real life catches up to them and they have real responsibilites they also have to look out for themselves.

My name is Paul Gilhousen and I am good friends with Sean, and yes, as of now he has quit Paintball. Whether he will return or not, is all in the air.
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Ninja Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:11 PM #39
misledgreg
UGK ERA

misledgreg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
misledgreg supports Team VICIOUS
trust paul him and sean are really good friends the words he speak are truth

wanna see my koalafications?
misledgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:22 PM #40
ekkballa
RNS

Paintball is going to die soon if all the companys and events keep raising up the prices. I mean of course you have your sponsorships but sometimes they do ample amounts to help you pay for anything. Being pro is not that redeeming when you are dirt *** poor because you cannot maintain a job.

Also, ollie does not have it that well of either but for a pb player he does.
ekkballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:09 AM #41
sdmorrison7

he quit paintball..........i got it from a VERY reliable source.
Invert OG
sdmorrison7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:18 AM #42
carolinarush722

I think there are alot of rich, spoiled kids in this sport that dont get what its really all about. Some pf us do it because we love it and will make sacrifices to play. Sean had a good run but he is getting into is late 20's and is doing the right thing by pursuing a stable future. I personally only plan to keep playing tournament ball for 2-3 more years. Thats through college. Once college is done, the future is priority. In the ideal world it would work out to do both but thats not always the case.

Paintball is growing, no doubt. But it is in a rut right now and chages will be coming. One day it may just be like the NFL or MLB but those sports have been established for years. Keep in mind, when the NFL first started, those guys all played on sundays and went back to normal jobs on mondays. You play because you love it, not because you want to get rich. Those guys didnt make jack squat back in the day, very similar to how paintball is now. Play on sundays, back to work on mondays. One day this sport will be different, but for now it is for love, not money!