Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-20-2014, 06:30 PM #1
Willprater12

Need help on elbow pads

I am looking for some elbow pads, but I'm not sure on my size. I tried some small Dye elbow pads but couldn't get my arm in them. I tried on some kids mediums, and they fit nice and snug. What size should I get? His mediums were worn and probably stretched. Also what size would I be in other brands?
Deadly Winds Barrel
Willprater12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2014, 06:55 PM #2
hit_wiper

Dye runs small so if you fit into DYE mediums, then you will more than likely fit very easily into any other brand in medium even if not broken in.
hit_wiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 07:09 PM #3
Willprater12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hit_wiper View Post
Dye runs small so if you fit into DYE mediums, then you will more than likely fit very easily into any other brand in medium even if not broken in.

Ok thanks. So should I get the Dye mediums or large since the mediums were broken in?
Deadly Winds Barrel
Old 12-20-2014, 07:47 PM #4
hit_wiper

Depends how the mediums fit. If they were still pretty snug even though they were broken in, I would go with large personally just for comfort.

I wear the DYE XXL ones and don't really have big arms at all, my backup are medium Empires just for comparison, and even after wearing them for long, I don't really feel them any more broken in than they were new.

If possible find someone with large Dye ones to compare.
hit_wiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 07:54 PM #5
Willprater12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hit_wiper View Post
Depends how the mediums fit. If they were still pretty snug even though they were broken in, I would go with large personally just for comfort.

I wear the DYE XXL ones and don't really have big arms at all, my backup are medium Empires just for comparison, and even after wearing them for long, I don't really feel them any more broken in than they were new.

If possible find someone with large Dye ones to compare.
Ok thanks. So large in dye and medium in other brands?
Deadly Winds Barrel
Old 12-20-2014, 07:57 PM #6
Willprater12

Anyone else have any opinions?
Deadly Winds Barrel

Last edited by Willprater12 : 12-22-2014 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:30 AM #7
btbam006
It's not you... It's me

Annual Supporting Member
btbam006 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
btbam006 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
btbam006 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I tried on a couple today (PE, Dye, Exalt) The Dye pads seemed to run the smallest. I am 6'1", by no means do I have HUGE arms, normal size. The Dye pads I tried on an XL, they fit pretty tight, the XXL fit better but still a snug fitment. I ended up buying these (best all around protection in any environment).

The Planet Eclipse, I tried on the XL, they fit about the same as the Dye, although I didn't like the elbow fitment on these pads at all.

The Exalt, I also tried on the XL, these fit very big. It was extremely stretchy material that wraps around the arm, so the XL felt sloppy. Minimal protection too, but great price point.

All in all, I ended up with the Dye pads, due to being not much more expensive, great fitment around the arm (not going to slide around while playing), and great protection whether you are sliding on turf, grass, dirt, mud, whatever, you will be good in all conditions! The padding is very thick and durable! Hope that helps!