Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-15-2014, 09:49 PM #1
yodainspandex

Ansgear.com

I want to buy a reg from ansgear.com and was wondering if anyone on on has used it and was it safe
yodainspandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-15-2014, 09:52 PM #2
thegoatlantern91
zero point

has been a member for 10 years
thegoatlantern91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
thegoatlantern91 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
thegoatlantern91 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
thegoatlantern91 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
As long as it's not a pre-order you're good.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:07 PM #3
ynmech

ynmech owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Just be aware of the shipping, twice I have ordered from them and the items state " qualifies for free shipping" and POW at check out I have to pay for shipping.
ynmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:18 AM #4
yodainspandex

Thanks for the help
yodainspandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:33 AM #5
nerdcore
Radical!

has been a member for 10 years
nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
Everything qualifies for free shipping at ANS... provided your total is at least $100.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:56 AM #6
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
dreadmuppet is playing at Living Legends VIII
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
I have never had an issue with ANS though others have told horror stories.

Items that qualify for free shipping have to total $100 or more for your order to ship free.

I have always been confused with what issue people had with pre-orders. When the Angel Eyes finally fell through ANS offered to refund my credit card or get store credit for the amount I paid plus an extra 15% as a way to apologize.

Just remember free shipping does not take priority and will take quite awhile to deliver depending on where you live.
IF I DO NOT SHOOT YOU MY TEAMMATE WILL
eBay FEEDBACK
Did we take video or photos of you looking awesome? -->NHW Paintball Facebook

Last edited by dreadmuppet : 04-16-2014 at 11:57 AM. Reason: shipping
dreadmuppet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:35 AM #7
Parasite
Not Amused

Annual Supporting Member
Parasite is a Moderator
Parasite is a founding member
Parasite is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadmuppet View Post
I have never had an issue with ANS though others have told horror stories.
Not necessarily a "horror" story, but I had them try and get me to pay for return shipping for an error on their part. (packed the wrong item)

Had to make a big deal out of it to prevent laying out more cash for their mistake.

Again, not the end of the world, but the way it was handled was poor, and didn't give me the sense that they valued my business.

With that said, as long as you don't have a problem, they seem to be okay. It's the problem-solving and customer service departments that are defunct at ANS

"When people get a little too chummy with me
I like to call them by the wrong name
to let them know I donít really care about them."

My oldschool PBN Feedback +48 Positive/ZERO negative : before the days of this "fancy" feedback system.
Parasite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:39 AM #8
taulce1
Juston Taul Photography

Annual Supporting Member
taulce1 is BST Legit
Do us all a favor and order anywhere except from ANS. Buy local if you can.

Not only do they consistently violate MAP pricing which hurts us all in the long run, but the have poor business practices in general.

I've had then send alternate colors and products altogether because they were out of what I ordered even though it said in stock on their website. They acted like I was crazy when I asked for them to take it back and refund it.

ANS... Never again.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:52 AM #9
Feare
Virtue Paintball

Feare supports Team VICIOUS
Feare plays in the APPA D4 division
Feare has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Feare supports DLX Technology
Order from Zephyr Paintball. They carry the same stuff for the same price but I've had much better experiences with them.

~Patton Ave Kids~
///Proudly sponsored by Cousins Paintball, Paintball Arena, Aztek Photos, IPS, Virtue, Exalt, Zephyr Paintball\\\
"Get out and play!"
RIP LI Inferno
No pickles, no onions
Feare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:00 AM #10
AHFellows
no stupid question? haha!

Annual Supporting Member
AHFellows is BST Trusted
AHFellows is playing at Living Legends VII
AHFellows owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AHFellows has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
AHFellows supports Empire
Would definitely recommend local if you can, just helps the sport a bit more instead especially for your area by supporting your local shop. if you cant though be weary, I have had two issues with ANS while their products are great and many are unique, there customer service is garbage so if you run into an issue, good luck. One item would be hard to screw up though.

KCCO
AHFellows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:19 PM #11
hit_wiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHFellows View Post
Would definitely recommend local if you can, just helps the sport a bit more instead especially for your area by supporting your local shop. if you cant though be weary, I have had two issues with ANS while their products are great and many are unique, there customer service is garbage so if you run into an issue, good luck. One item would be hard to screw up though.
They take that as a challenge! I ordered a 2013 black empire jersey for my friend two weeks ahead of a game just to give them room or error. I got a black invert jersey which is like 2010-11 and major difference in price.

I got it on a Saturday. Emailed right away but decided to call first thing Monday morning. Ended up having to just buy the invert jersey, $6 after a discount(thanks to the nice customer service woman), instead of mailing it back or else there was no way I get the empire one in time. They didn't end up processing and shipping as soon as I paid like they said they would. I got the jersey Friday afternoon for games that' started Saturday, and I'm only 45 miles from their store.

I've had other missing items from them on small orders but didn't mind as I had ordered way ahead of time and they sent then after I emailed them. But I'm that was my last order and won't order from them again. Especially when it's paintball season. I don't have time to plan stuff 2 weeks ahead for the chance there is an error. And then wait one more week when they do.
hit_wiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:30 PM #12
MistaCrowley02

They have great selection, good prices, and an easy to navigate website but that commercial on TV about the Slowski's describes them to a t. They take forever to "process" an order. Last time it took them about a week before they put something in the mail to me. My last order it took them 4 days to tell me they were out of stock. lol
MistaCrowley02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:31 PM #13
Siouxsie
The weird girl in purple

Siouxsie owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Siouxsie has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Siouxsie has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Siouxsie has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Does anyone realize that violating MAP pricing is just giving you a better price on something? MAP price is price fixing, plain and simple, and it's against federal law. Look it up sometime.

That said, I buy as much as I can locally. ANuS can be more than a little annoying sometimes.
Siouxsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:13 AM #14
kingcatnip

kingcatnip owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kingcatnip owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Iv ordered from them a few times and never had an issue.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:50 AM #15
ROCKNROLLA

ROCKNROLLA plays in the PSP
ROCKNROLLA owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ROCKNROLLA plays in the APPA D4 division
ROCKNROLLA supports DLX Technology
I've never had an issue with them. But I have heard some horror stories. I think its always best to support your local shop if you can. It helps grow the sport more, especially in your area.
That being said, Ans gear has pretty much every paintball product under the sun and it can be hard to get some of the stuff they have from your local store.
ROCKNROLLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:11 AM #16
tomc727
Doc

tomc727 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tomc727 plays in the APPA beginner division
tomc727 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tomc727 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
tomc727 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcatnip View Post
Iv ordered from them a few times and never had an issue.
Same here. I prefer Hustle Paintball but have ordered from ANS a couple times and have nothing but good things to say. I even exchange an item for something different and didn't have an issue.

White Sox Fans, knowing more about baseball and the cubs than their own fans since 1901.

Planet Eclipse LV1
Planet Eclipse Geo 3.1
tomc727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:04 PM #17
hit_wiper

Forgot to mention, I might be the only person to have had items missing from ANS when actually shopping at their physical store.

Bought some random stuff then decided to get some pods at the very end. Got charged for 5 pods and they weren't in any of the bags. Luckily I wanted to split the gear with a friend before putting it in the trunk. Noticed my pods missing. Walked back in, guy said he thought he didn't actually charge me for them. Looks at the receipt, sees the charge, gives me my 5 pods, and extra pod and some swabs for the mistake.

I run kinda bad sometimes.
hit_wiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:24 PM #18
taulce1
Juston Taul Photography

Annual Supporting Member
taulce1 is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxsie View Post
Does anyone realize that violating MAP pricing is just giving you a better price on something? MAP price is price fixing, plain and simple, and it's against federal law. Look it up sometime. That said, I buy as much as I can locally. ANuS can be more than a little annoying sometimes.
You're so wrong on so many levels here. You obviously don't understand economics or how MAP works.

It's a contract between the manufacturer and retailer saying you can't advertise below a certain price. Is has nothing to do with the actual price the sell it for.

Go read a book or something.

MAP is not price fixing or illegal.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:22 AM #19
Siouxsie
The weird girl in purple

Siouxsie owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Siouxsie has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Siouxsie has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Siouxsie has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by taulce1 View Post
You're so wrong on so many levels here. You obviously don't understand economics or how MAP works.

It's a contract between the manufacturer and retailer saying you can't advertise below a certain price. Is has nothing to do with the actual price the sell it for.

Go read a book or something.

MAP is not price fixing or illegal.
Sure I do. Economics is driven by supply and demand, and when you take that mechanic out of the picture by forcing a retailer to sell at the price a manufacturer sets, there is no more demand driven pricing. One of the biggest problems with that is lower profits for smaller retailers. Smaller shops can't buy in the quantities larger shops can, so they don't get the price breaks from large orders. So who gets driven out of business? The local shops. One they're gone, who provides service?

And you need to check your sources. MAP pricing isn't just what it can be advertised for, it's what the retailer is allowed to sell it for. Need proof?

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4067464

Read that thread. Now read these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_fixing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resale_price_maintenance

"Go read a book?" Such a mature response. I've read a book or two, in particular the Texas penal code, cover to cover, twice. While most of my law classes were criminal and civil process, there were a few lectures covering federal laws. Before those law classes I worked in and owned retail businesses, so, yeah, I have some idea what I'm talking about.

I <3 Planet Eclipse :D
Siouxsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:13 AM #20
taulce1
Juston Taul Photography

Annual Supporting Member
taulce1 is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxsie View Post
Sure I do. Economics is driven by supply and demand, and when you take that mechanic out of the picture by forcing a retailer to sell at the price a manufacturer sets, there is no more demand driven pricing. One of the biggest problems with that is lower profits for smaller retailers. Smaller shops can't buy in the quantities larger shops can, so they don't get the price breaks from large orders. So who gets driven out of business? The local shops. One they're gone, who provides service? And you need to check your sources. MAP pricing isn't just what it can be advertised for, it's what the retailer is allowed to sell it for. Need proof? http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4067464 Read that thread. Now read these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_fixing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resale_price_maintenance "Go read a book?" Such a mature response. I've read a book or two, in particular the Texas penal code, cover to cover, twice. While most of my law classes were criminal and civil process, there were a few lectures covering federal laws. Before those law classes I worked in and owned retail businesses, so, yeah, I have some idea what I'm talking about.
You're going to make a **** lawyer. I can see it now.

"I have proof your honor! It is PBN and Wikipedia!!!"

That and you're just plain wrong. MAP is nothing more than the Minimum price a store can advertise a product. You're confused after reading your Wikipedia pages.

I'm not here to debate whether or not MAP is good or bad. That's above your level if you don't even know what it means to begin with.

Since you like wiki links. Lmao

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_th...vertised_price

Also I quoted this just to make sure you didn't delete it. Fool.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:34 AM #21
Craptacular001
Bad Speler

Craptacular001 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Craptacular001 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Craptacular001 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Craptacular001 supports DLX Technology
Craptacular001 supports Empire
MAP (Minimum advertised Price) was devised as a way to stop mail order and big box retailers from undercutting small mom and pop stores. As ^^ said it is a contract between the manufacturer and the retailer to maintain the advertised street price and is completely a voluntary program designed to protect retailers and not give one with all the buying power the advantage. It is a way of leveling the playing field.

It is not dreamed illegal by the federal government, however it is not enforceable at all. I as a manufacturer cannot take a retailer to court for breaking MAP (you can in Canada now). Some states have made MAP illegal, MD for one. This is one reason why there has been an uptick in online retailers popping up in md to gain an advantage. MAP does not in any way shape or form dictate what an item can actually be sold for, if it were this would be collusion or price fixing. Have you ever seen "price to low to print", "call for price", "add to cart to see price"? Those are the retailers playing by the rules of the manufacturers MAP policy.

I work for and set pricing in North America for a music instrument manufacturer. This is the world I live in. Our lawyers, our customers lawyers and many many court decisions have dictated this. This has not gone to the Supreme Court yet, however I had heard they were considering a case last year. Time will tell.

Oh yes, and I haven't had a problem with ANS gear, other than shipping costs on small goods.

Last edited by Craptacular001 : 04-26-2014 at 08:37 AM.
Craptacular001 is offline   Reply With Quote