Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-12-2009, 10:13 AM #1
electraowner

09 Spyder electra asa leak

alright so i go to shoot my brand new gun and i put the tank on with a good oring and everything and then i screw the asa thing on and all of the air just comes out of the relief hole closest to the thing that u turn so that you are aired up. how can i prevent this? or should i just send it back?
electraowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2009, 11:29 AM #2
matt_keyboardfury
ballin

check the o ring on your tank
matt_keyboardfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:36 PM #3
electraowner

did that and i oiled it up and everything. same thing happens
Old 04-12-2009, 01:25 PM #4
matt_keyboardfury
ballin

try unscrewing the asa back just a little
Old 04-12-2009, 02:53 PM #5
electraowner

i did that too it still comes out. it only stops leaking when i have like maybe 10-15 shots left of co2
Old 04-12-2009, 02:55 PM #6
OneUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by electraowner View Post
alright so i go to shoot my brand new gun and i put the tank on with a good oring and everything and then i screw the asa thing on and all of the air just comes out of the relief hole closest to the thing that u turn so that you are aired up. how can i prevent this? or should i just send it back?
have you tried slowly unscrewing the knob to find a position where it gasses up and doesn't leak?

i did to my 08, and i only had to do that once, the thing stopped leaking ever since.

you have to understand all-the-way-turned-on is not always the best position for an on/off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by electraowner View Post
i did that too it still comes out. it only stops leaking when i have like maybe 10-15 shots left of co2

oh you did? bring the gun back and ask for an exchange if you can, and bring your tank so they can test the new gun in front of you to show it doesn't leak before giving it to you.
OneUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:56 PM #7
matt_keyboardfury
ballin

hmm. try lubing the o ring there, also make sure its the right size, thats happened to me before what happens when you pressurize a gun the o ring gets smashed and expands like a disc of silly puddy if you can imagine that? you squeeze it and it comes out the sides.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:44 PM #8
VicReschke0626
Pimp Luscious

Checks the o-ring in the ASA. Take off the knob and pull out the pin. Unscrew the brass fitting in the ASA. There's a o-ring in there. It's CO2 safe, but it needs to be perfect and oiled other wise it'll leak out the relief hole. If you're using CO2, get some spares, the CO2 blasts that just like a tank o-ring.

Proud Member
FOC - ESO
VicReschke0626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:49 PM #9
electraowner

im trying all of these cuz im sick of my gun not working ill let u guys know what happens when i get my co2 refilled seeing as it all leaked out when that happened
Old 04-12-2009, 04:21 PM #10
kxracer987

My 08 leaked when I got it to. All you have to do is unscrew the asa knob. You will see a brass screw in the hole the knob came out of. Unscrew that and there will be a little o-ring. Make sure it is 100% clean and oil the he!! out of it. Drop it back in and it won't leak for a long time. If it starts to do it again later on, repeat the previously mentioned steps.
This is NOT a scam, just tryin to help out my pbnation brotherin that need some extra money cashcrate .com/1095177 . You have to be atleast 13 years old to make money on this site. Copy and paste the link, then delete the space before .com
kxracer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:07 PM #11
electraowner

thanks thats what im trying
Old 04-19-2009, 07:39 PM #12
electraowner

so im pissed off bcuz i lube everything up. and the piece of garbage still doesnt work. idk wtf im supposed to do now.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:09 PM #13
spireland

spireland owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I've had an issue where I had to adjust the piece inside the asa, making sure it was screwed in all of the way. Once I played with it, the asa stopped leaking.