Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-07-2003, 06:30 PM #1
werty7373
Banned

has been a member for 10 years
Need Some help Wit A Zues

All right the parts in the picturers are named by numbers 1-4, from left to right.
WHat is #1? no threads on it, on the groove in the middle. not on diagram
number two, i no where it goes but is it supposed to screw into anything? only purpose i can see is it holding #43 on the diagram(brass cylinder which pierces the 12 gram) so it stays in place when the spring guide pushes agaisnt it (like if u point it towards the ground with a 12 gram out it wont slide)
#3 no clue where this goes what it does, only clue for me is that is screw into the quick change hole in the front. has a slit in the front
#4 a small o ring. not on the part list dont see where it can go
http://www.imgmag.org/filelist.php?imgmag=&u=werty7373
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2003, 01:00 AM #2
levi333
Foreign Kid

yeah, the whole guide is messed up, its impossible to decifer, not very accurate
sorry i cant be any help

Feedback
Old 06-12-2003, 10:58 AM #3
ridestahoe

Try the Armotech forum there are many people there that can help.
Old 06-12-2003, 10:59 AM #4
ridestahoe

at www.armotech.com
Old 06-17-2003, 01:19 AM #5
dbailey2121

Dude I have a suggestion. Toss it in the dumpster and get a PGP. the PGP is a much better gun and with a autotrigger just as fast
Old 06-18-2003, 02:54 AM #6
SynTek
Big Brother With a Smile

SynTek is a Supporting Member
Well, I own a zeus and I'd say that the PGP comment is completely unjustified. Out of any of the Semi pistols I've used it is the most accurate and reliable of any of them. It also manages to get very acceptable velocity, which is one of my biggest gripes with past models like the PT Extreme. Also, unless you have modded your pgp rather extensively you won't get autotrigger nor will it feed without tilting the gun (though the adding of a spring feed is rather simple) That isn't to say that the PGP isn't a very solid gun. First of all its cheap, reliable, and performs very well. It also gets much better air effeciency. Lastly its much more compact, and makes the Zeus look like a paintbrick. As far as the question goes, well I can't help. The gun has parts that don't even seem to have a purpose, and that graphic they give you is useless.
Old 06-19-2003, 02:23 AM #7
dbailey2121

HAHA I guess that you have not used a sydarm?
Old 06-19-2003, 02:37 PM #8
Jakaldawg

Its spelled SIDEARM you jackass go back to school
Old 06-28-2003, 11:58 PM #9
dbailey2121

Um no Jackass if you knew what you were talking about you would know that it was mis spelled by Airgun. So pull your head out of your a$$ and learn about things before you speak
Old 07-01-2003, 02:25 PM #10
ridestahoe

What do we have a bunch of 12 year olds around here? I tend to find most forums useful, but the constant childish bickering gets old quick.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:53 PM #11
Masterjts

dbailey, i doubt you have used a airgun design sydarm. and unless you have proof there is no way i will ever believe you. your just spouting crap out to make yourself look smart but its not working.

werty, can you point it out on this diagram please?

http://www.armotech.com/service/service-Zeus.asp
Old 07-03-2003, 12:45 AM #12
dbailey2121

did I say that I used one NO!!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2003, 04:26 AM #13
SynTek
Big Brother With a Smile

SynTek is a Supporting Member
Quote:
did I say that I used one NO!!!!!!!
No, however you HAVE been known to make comments that would indicate that you have used both markers in a game situation and are familar enough with their functionality to make a reasonable comparison between them, had the comment come from a more reliable source.

From what I personally know from in game experience is that out of the open-bolt blow-back sidearms out there the Zeus is the best. I have at one point or another used the entire PT line except the professional (if you want to make a comment about a pistol that is a replica of the Enforcer, choose that one.) I know that the PT extreme performs very well, but has a finite life span of perhaps a thousand shots before its valving degrades enough that it no longer is able to get a paintball to reasonable velocity (Unless the 120 is reasonable to you). I know the entire PT line has this problem. I also know that the entire PT line uses mamoth bore sizes (over .7 inches) for no apparent reason, which lends itself to accracy problems and contributes to it's low velocity. I also know that the PT manuals aren't anything to brag about. The diagrams are only slightly more useful, but they make up for it with a bad translation (alien renches for example).

Now as far as the other types of sidearms go, here is what I also know. The Sydarm (dbaily got this one right) is a modified automag made by AGD. It is almost an exact replica except for it's more compact size and the fact that it has been modified to accept 12 grams as a power source, and has a 10 shot spring assted clip at the top. It is open-bolt blow-foreward, and will experience the same chopping problems of the regular automag without the LVX bolt kit. The PGP is a stock gun meaning that it uses a 12 gram for a power source and recocked by means of a pump mechanism. It also has a 10 shot clip on the top of the gun that comes standard with no assisted feed (Which aren't allowed on a stock class gun) The phantom is very similar, but it has a smoother pump action, greater air effeciency, and a significantly reduced weight.

Now, if you want a pistol and price isn't an option, I'd say you have to go for a Squall made by palmer (palmer-pursuit.com) Essentially it is a heavily modified PGP that is semi-automatic. It is also the only pistol you can find off the shelf that is both closed-bolt and semi-automatic.