PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-30-2007, 03:24 PM #1
iCuP
I like fish.

has been a member for 10 years
07 ego problem.

searched the stickies, find out all info possible and my problem still isn't resolved!

when shooting the ego7, it would shoot one perfectly fine then all of a sudden it wont shoot but rather make a puffing sound like it's on training mode. I put in a fresh battery (Duracell) and it would work for half a hopper and same problem would occur. i checked the diaphram (sp?) which is perfectly fine, changed all orings, rebuilt reg and lpr, and even fully strip the marker down to clean the cup seal etc inside and problem is still occuring. board setting is on facoty default. please help because I'm going to play tomorrow!!

thanks,
- j
Advertisement
Old 12-30-2007, 04:00 PM #2
tdi

Are you sure that the diapraghm is in one piece inside the qev?
Could sound like that`s the problem.
tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:12 PM #3
iCuP
I like fish.

i was positive that was the problem at first, but the diaphram is perfectly fine and is in one piece.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:28 PM #4
mavsfreak69

mavsfreak69 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dude i have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. i even made a vid about it. i also though it coldnt be the qev diapraghm. but it was, check the hoses and make sure you dont screw the qev too hard.

ps- i wouldnt mess with the solenoid since it ruins your warranty.

gl

Last edited by mavsfreak69 : 12-30-2007 at 04:35 PM.
mavsfreak69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:52 PM #5
iCuP
I like fish.

if im examining my hose, what exactly should I be looking for bc it looks fine, i'm positive that the diapraghm isn't damage bc it's still in one piece and doesnt look worn out in anyway. would over tightening the qev cause the problem (mine's not overtightened, just wondering)?

also, can you pm me the link to the vid you made, thanks in advance!
Old 12-31-2007, 02:29 AM #6
bmpnugls

bmpnugls plays in the PSP
bmpnugls owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
bmpnugls owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
bmpnugls supports Team VICIOUS
I had a diaphram split in two and it did what your saying....the next time my team had practice...my buddies Ego had the same problem...took the QEV apart and the diaphram looked fine (one piece)...so at first we left it...put the gun back together did the same thing...took it back apart...replaced the diaphram with a spare one I got when mine split....VOILA!!! it shot fine...the diapharm could be either weak or have a very small split in it you can't see..................so...replace the diaphram and try it...Bill on here can get you diapharms...or contact Paintballshowcase.com or Prostarpb.com...they have replacement diaphrams supper cheap...
bmpnugls is offline   Reply With Quote