PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-16-2001, 12:19 AM #1
MAGS4LIFE01
ME

has been a member for 10 years
WHAT IS YOUR GUYS OPINOINS IN WHAT THE FIRST AND MOST IMPORTANT UPGRADES ARE FOR MAGS???
*shocktech drop--
*dye stickies--
*foamie bolt--
*crossfire 68 3000--
-----------------------------
>looking for
*dyna flow 68 4500--
*E micro conversion kit in black powder coat--
*tricked cockers 4 sale--

TeAm AfTeRmAtH total devestation
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2001, 12:08 AM #2
rooster

rooster is a founding member
Nitro!

Then a nice barrel.
Old 05-18-2001, 12:33 AM #3
Phantom09
Texas Aggies

i say first nice barrel and then nitro but then again if you have enough money go for both at the same time

it could go either way but they are both essential for your game they both help alot thats for sure (if you have a good paint/barrel match that is)
Old 05-18-2001, 11:01 AM #4
skell
After the barrel and the nitro a doble trigger is a good idea along with some kind of front grip rather it be gas through or not.

Old 05-21-2001, 12:34 AM #5
Unfrosted Flakes

awsome setup

alright,for a good setup that won't keep you down get any adjustable 68ci 4500psi nitro with drop forward next get a barrel I would perfer a freak kitsince ok it is the best barrel on the market because of the adjustable size either a freak or a boom stick....next and the second most import believe me is a foregrip..and I mean this...you NEED blance and lastly double trigger...I even hacked off my trigger guard for one untill I got my benchy and trust me it helps
Benchmark double trigger frame
Z-valve internals
Shocktech dropforeward
Angel A.I.R system
Old 05-21-2001, 07:40 PM #6
AGD-Its-The-Elves

hmmmm no I have to disagree with you about the freak set for mags. I assume you don't own one or else you would know they chop paint more than a small bore barrel and swolen paint you found on the ground. The inserts don't fit properly with the mag twist lock design leavind some step up gap which causes it to chop. I am not exactly sure if that is the reason but ask Rob_AGD he knows all about the SP Freak thing. Anyway the first thing I would reccomend is Nitrogen and a decent barrel maybe a LAPCO Bigshot. They are cheap and haven't failed me yet.Eventually you may get a DYE Boomstick or a J&J barrel. After that I would get a foregrip and a foregrip extender helps because it allows you to put a double trigger frame on your gun and leaves room for your hands. The extender also helps out all back heavy guns and usually most guns with nitrogen are back heavy. After that I would reccomend a good double trigger frame however you may not want them because if you buy one you may pretty much say goodbye to your safety. Its real difficult to fit a safety itno any aluminum double trigger frame because for the grub screw to fot you must buy a 4-40 tap and tap the hole to make it bigger so it accomadates the ball bearing, spring and most importantly the grub screw. You may feel more comfortable with the stock frame but if you do stick with the stock frame atleast get a pair of Hogue wrap around grips, I here they are good.Don't buy any aftermarket internals for your gun. The only thing you may want to get later is a ReTro valve. It transforms your gun into an RT. Its the same valve that is put in RT's today except for one minor difference which is RT valves have banjo bolt threads and ReTro valves have field strip screw threads. The ReTro valve gives the trigger a real bounce making it ReacTive. Your trigge roull with a ReTro valve is about 3 mm. I belive it takes four lbs of force to pull the ReTro valve trigger but it pushes back with 6 lbs of force allowing you to shoot faster which may give you an advantage. By the way everyone may correct me if I;m wrong about anything and sorry for making it such a long post.