Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-06-2003, 03:32 PM #1
brackis
Banned

has been a member for 10 years
Improve the moderating

For those Mods who actually come and browse the site, you do your jobs for the most part and have a thankless job, putting up with a lot of rude people and I appreciate that. But there are so many whining children who feel they can just make this their personal playground to type, vent, ramble and come when "bored". I first started reading and participating in forums because people had something to offer and I did my best to give something back with constructive and intelligent posting. While people are allowed to being incorrect or argue a topic in a forum, I start reading sub-forums and threads, and almost the entire site is covered in adolescant selfish, demanding posts.
By stepping up the # of moderators, players who actually play and devote time to the sport can come on and have a good time learning new things and sharing their knowledge. As paintball becomes more of a "pop culture" device for "extreme" teenagers, more and more people have come on these, and other forums, with a sense of entitlement above the rules. That because there mother in white suburbia wipes their ***, cleans their clothes and does everything in life for them, that they can come on here and do as they please. It has gotten to the point of this turning into a chaotic complex of various places for irrellivant posts to be made by immature people who hide any quality information in a blanket of putrid trash.
If you would really like to improve the site, improve the content. So please try and recruit some new and mature moderators. No This was not an attempt to justify me becoming a mod like the other hundred children who promise they will spend so much time modding the site because they get off the 8th grade school bus at only 2:30 in the afternoon and have "like no homewrk to due so I can mod good".
I do apologize to any teeny-boppers who feel they have been mis-represented by my stereotyping.

Thanx,
Brackis

Last edited by brackis : 06-06-2003 at 03:47 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2003, 10:37 PM #2
Fat Joe

Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Rock on bro. I wish you had posted this months ago, thats the BIGGEST problem with this place. Meph-pay attention.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Old 06-07-2003, 12:20 AM #3
Harbinger[TG] (Banned)

Theres just too many immature ppl with way too much time, that treat this place like their personal playground. The volume alone must suck, i MOD a much smaller community.
Old 06-07-2003, 03:55 PM #4
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
Re: Improve the moderating

Quote:
Originally posted by brackis
you do your jobs for the most part and have a thankless job, putting up with a lot of rude people and I appreciate that. But there are so many whining children who feel they can just make this their personal playground to type, vent, ramble and come when "bored".
I did pay attention. Reminds me of you Joey.

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!
Old 06-08-2003, 01:29 AM #5
Fat Joe

Annual Supporting Member
No, I just make fun of those kids. I have mucho useful information to post, but the surge of crappy threads is just too much to not say something.

For example- The 2 identical threads about bushmasters and impulses we have going right now.....the kid who posted the second ones just an idiot and deserves to be flamed....then have his thread deleted.
Old 06-08-2003, 08:13 AM #6
Kyle
RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAY!

Annual Supporting Member
Kyle is an Administrator
Kyle is a Supporting Member
Kyle is a founding member
Kyle supports Bob Gurnsey
Kyle supports our troops
Kyle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally posted by Fat Joe
No, I just make fun of those kids. I have mucho useful information to post, but the surge of crappy threads is just too much to not say something.

For example- The 2 identical threads about bushmasters and impulses we have going right now.....the kid who posted the second ones just an idiot and deserves to be flamed....then have his thread deleted.
Good idea, that's bound to improve the situation.

Old 06-11-2003, 10:37 PM #7
brackis
Banned

up
Old 06-12-2003, 09:02 PM #8
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
Yeah, I don't doubt it'd be a bad thing. I'm sure a second PBTalk mod would be quite helpful. Considering I only have a couple hours a day to do this. Kind of sucks getting home after work and having to play catch-up on a regular basis.

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!
Old 06-13-2003, 11:13 AM #9
Harbinger[TG] (Banned)

i agree that a mature section is needed w/o all the BS. I would love to post a thread and not have it torn to pieces by all the crap posts. Look at my ST Rules thread in ST, about 70% of it is ST crap

thx again for all the work guys
Old 06-14-2003, 06:41 AM #10
dager
Mega Moderator

dager is a founding member
dager supports Sherwood Forest
been trying to hit as many forums as i can. its not like when i was on grave shift and had 10hrs to moderate while waiting for a trouble call. ah well i do what i can.

-Duff

Team ESP
Old 06-15-2003, 12:54 AM #11
WGP_KeEpEr
Keeper of the Peace

Truthfully, that was Brilliantly said, brackis.

Meph, you do an excellent job of moderating, you just have Way to big of a "community" to moderate.
-Suggestion, we split the biggest forums into severall groups, and include more moderators.

Pbnation has way to strong of a reputation for a forum of which bratty kids come to vent and flame. We seriously need to start banning a crap load more kids. Show them that this forum isn't a playground. I only wish the best for pbnation.

and Joe, your snide remark to your example is exactly what too many kids are doing, and what makes this forum so out of control. When you make fun of the little kids, they feel a need to defend their reputation on this board, which inevidibly, creates a flame war.
Old 06-16-2003, 02:45 PM #12
Fat Joe

Annual Supporting Member
not if you delete his thread..............