Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-27-2007, 11:20 AM #1
KrisPearcey

KrisPearcey is playing at Living Legends III
KrisPearcey owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
KrisPearcey supports Team VICIOUS
Why Pump?

I've allways had this question, Why pump? I hear alot of players saying that Pump players are more aggressive and they are "Better" than the semi players. But realy, a pump player cant shoot as fast as a semi player, so they have one slight disadvantage. Im sure if you stuck one of the best Pump players with a semi for a day, and they kept the same style, they would do better than most of the semi players. But why? I know Pump players are good, they aim their shots well, they are sometimes faster, and more aggresive. But if you took the two best Pump players, gave one a semi, and one a pump. The one with the semi has more of an advantage, and they would probobly win. So i'll ask this one last time. WHY PUMP?
KrisPearcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-27-2007, 12:21 PM #2
bnctaj

has been a member for 10 years
Here's a nice thread about why people enjoy playing pump.
I enjoy the brotherhood exemplified by many pump players. I enjoy the fact that honor is put back into the game in the pump community - known cheaters and unsafe people are the few people who have been ostracized from the scene. We enjoy seeing maneuvers that challenge the rules but do not break them. We think. And, while there are many semi-players who think outside the box, many of them tend to hover with a host of pump players or scenario players. Furthermore, I don't hold us on a pedestal over other players - if everyone else is at the field to have fun I'm going to have a great day and make friends with everyone there.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:26 PM #3
thejudgeman66
Squidito en el Stickito

if you have to ask you wont get it, try it, its just different, plus the feeling of one-balling someone in the face is second to none in paintball
Old 12-27-2007, 05:34 PM #4
asa4575
Menso

Well, the reason why I play pump is for the sheer excitement of it. I was ready to quit paintball all together because frankly, semi is boring. It's too easy to just sit back and spray the paint away, and that's not what I'm about. Also, paint is not cheap and with pump, you save a lot of money in the long run as well.

The few times I have played pump, I noticed I move faster and I am more aware of my surroundings a lot more than when I am playing semi. It's made my aim better, and it's made me a better player overall.

I think paintball would be a lot more fun and exciting if more people played pump, but that's just me.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:46 PM #5
Phiyuck Yiu
Chino

Phiyuck Yiu plays in the PSP
Phiyuck Yiu supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnctaj View Post
I enjoy the brotherhood exemplified by many pump players. I enjoy the fact that honor is put back into the game in the pump community
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejudgeman66 View Post
the feeling of one-balling someone in the face is second to none in paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by asa4575 View Post
Well, the reason why I play pump is for the sheer excitement of it.

I think paintball would be a lot more fun and exciting if more people played pump, but that's just me.
all that pretty much defines why i pump
Old 12-27-2007, 08:03 PM #6
Dark_star85
Pump=Love

Because I can play all day and only use about 100 balls. And that is the sole reason I play pump But seriously, it's just something different and fun. But let me ask you this, why semi?
Fear can sometimes be a useful emotion. For instance, let's say you're an astronaught on the moon and you fear that your partner has been turned into Dracula. The next time he goes out for the moon pieces, wham!, you just slam the door behind him and blast off. He might call you on the radio and say he's not Dracula, but you just say, "Think again, bat man."
Dark_star85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:36 PM #7
Linuss

Here we go again....

Don't feed the trolls!
Linuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:26 PM #8
cockerpunk (Banned)
Show Me the Data

playing with a semi is boring.

sure i own like 3 semis, i enjoy shooting them, teching them, milling and customizing them, but really, i play with a semi like once a year - tops.

that and what everyone else said.
cockerpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 09:42 AM #9
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

I'll give the standard answer I always give...

If you have to ask, you'll never know.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:39 AM #10
overshot01
Social Paintball

overshot01 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
here's one i dont see people mention too often: it makes you a better player.

during the off season last year i played strictly pump and i noticed a huge difference in how i play, im doing the same thing this year and will probably continue through the year instead of just the off season because it's becoming more fun aswell
overshot01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:08 PM #11
KrisPearcey

KrisPearcey is playing at Living Legends III
KrisPearcey owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
KrisPearcey supports Team VICIOUS
I guess I should realy try pump and see what its like so I know the true reason why we play pump?
KrisPearcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:04 PM #12
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisPearcey View Post
I guess I should realy try pump and see what its like so I know the true reason why we play pump?
Yes.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:48 PM #13
nightcrewcaptain

I'm a little different than most pumpers. While I do own a CCM'd Eclipse pump, an uped trilogy pump (don't hate, shoots just as nice as any other pump I've tried, you just need the right upgrades), a VSC phantom and an older sl68 II, I also own an 07 ego, SL66, an 06 timmy and a karnivor.

For me, it's a few different reasons:

1. It's a nice change of pace. Depending on my mood that day, I might want to play with a pump. It's nice to have the option.

2. When you do play pump, it's another style. The game slows down, you become more aware of your surroundings, you plan your moves and your shots a lot better.

3. Pump days and pump tournaments are awesome. The level of comraderie among pump players is second to none. They will tell you nice shot after you shoot them in the face, or nice move after you bunker them, and you'll find yourself doing the same in return.

4. This is one of the bigger ones for me. After playing and getting good with a pump, when you pick up that electro again, you're going to be that much more unstoppable. I use it as a training tool. One day I might convert completely over, but for now, I love to use the pumps to get myself better. The difference is drastic when you pick up that electro again and you see the game from a completely different angle. Imagine being able to see a little pod pack, or the side of mask sticking out of a bunker. If you're able to consistently hit that with one shot from a pump, just imagine how deadly you'll be when you can use that skill and precison, but send a burst of 5 or 6 shots. You'll never miss.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:54 AM #14
captainspaulding

because it hones my secret ninja powers..... that or I enjoy playing pump,
one or the other.
really, pump is not for everyone.a lot of what I like about it, is it brings me back to when I started playing.

sometimes I like going to a new field in jeans and a t shirt with one of my stock guns and just do walk on on the airball fields, most of the "tourny" player (kids who do not play tournaments but dress the part on mom and dads dime) will get all up in arms if I am picked for thier side, like having a person with a pump will handicap their game.

so why semi?
or why ramp?
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/WMASSREGULATORS
my blog,Life Behind Lenses:
http://lifebehindlenses.blogspot.com/
help Adam
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2796449
captainspaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:12 AM #15
loneassassin
A Grim and...

I play both pump and semi. I started out playing pump, and I never really got out of it. It is a useful tool for saving paint, and for silencing the occasional arrogant prick I find at the field. It's just more rewarding to beat people with a pump. I wish there were other pump players to play with where I live, but sadly, there isn't.

Also, I play with noobs quite often, and I enjoy teaching them how to play. By using a pump, it keeps me in check, and I can still have some challenge. There's no need to use an electro against noobs.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:29 AM #16
cockerpunk (Banned)
Show Me the Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrewcaptain View Post
I'm a little different than most pumpers. While I do own a CCM'd Eclipse pump, an uped trilogy pump (don't hate, shoots just as nice as any other pump I've tried, you just need the right upgrades), a VSC phantom and an older sl68 II, I also own an 07 ego, SL66, an 06 timmy and a karnivor.
not sure how this seperates you from other pump players ... but ok ...
cockerpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:15 PM #17
nightcrewcaptain

I meant the reasons I play pump makes me a little bit different from most of the pump players in my area. While I love playing pump, I can't get into the completely drop semi mindset.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:30 PM #18
Phiyuck Yiu
Chino

Phiyuck Yiu plays in the PSP
Phiyuck Yiu supports Empire
cuz its agg.....dont you wanna be agg?

last year if you had an ego....your agg.

this year its all about pump...and if you pump....your agg.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:12 PM #19
bmx2much
Annyong.

bmx2much owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
bmx2much is reppin' sidebar 4 life
bmx2much is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
bmx2much is Legendary
bmx2much is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linuss View Post
Here we go again....

Don't feed the trolls!
nice call
bmx2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:26 PM #20
thejudgeman66
Squidito en el Stickito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiyuck Yiu View Post

i hate the word... pump isnt a**...it's just fun and if you particulsrly like the style of play then go for it, but it's not for everyone
Old 01-11-2008, 01:06 AM #21
asa4575
Menso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiyuck Yiu View Post

Sorry playboy, the majority of us aren't trying to be you.