Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 12-31-2007, 02:38 PM #85
Ajzpaintball5
Mo Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokthecasa View Post
easy, thx guys
and just to clear the air i am not trying to play illegally nor is anyone on my team but we are from long island which has the pts tournament series which is famous for people playing illegally.
any1 can play novice unless there pro so if uve played any big events it wouldnt matter u can still play. EDIT: just rookie u cant play any big events.

All Out Paintball
Ajzpaintball5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-31-2007, 02:42 PM #86
CTballaVR
So Conn

rokie 16 and under, and rokie 16+ both are age depending, and you cannot have national tournament experience in them i dont think
but in open you can have played national events
CTballaVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:46 PM #87
Ajzpaintball5
Mo Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTballaVR View Post
rokie 16 and under, and rokie 16+ both are age depending, and you cannot have national tournament experience in them i dont think
but in open you can have played national events
my bad i meant open not novice.

All Out Paintball
Old 01-02-2008, 03:49 PM #88
Rokthecasa
LONG ISLAND FORCE #77

we should get a team list going to start long island force rookie 16 and under
TBD fan club #49
vampire Ego8
Uled PM7
clear infinity legend
06 upped empire timmy
Rokthecasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:26 PM #89
CTballaVR
So Conn

the owner has that going, you can call the store to sign up.....
Old 01-03-2008, 01:50 PM #90
jethotshot
AOF

Rookies must be 17 and under by September 28th, 2008. No players allowed that have played in national or regional league tournaments (NXL, PSP, AXPL, GPL, etc)
5 players per team, 2 alternates must be registered prior to the start of the first event. Team must attend all events and each player must purchase at least one case per event to be eligible. Paint from previous events is not allowed!

This was quoted from the form on the front page so I hope that answers some of your questions.

RIP
Eastern Paintball Supplies
All Out Paintball
jethotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:07 PM #91
pbballerj27 (Banned)

Do you need to play in every event to get a cash prize and does the $199.00 entry fee cover all of the events.
pbballerj27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:25 PM #92
Ajzpaintball5
Mo Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbballerj27 View Post
Do you need to play in every event to get a cash prize and does the $199.00 entry fee cover all of the events.
ya i would think u would have 2 play every event unless ur team is like ahead of every1 elses by a bunch of points and i think $199.00 covers the entrance for all the tournaments u will need 2 buy paint tho.

All Out Paintball
Old 01-04-2008, 08:24 PM #93
CTballaVR
So Conn

199 = entrance to all the tournaments (not including paint)
to win the cash prize you need to hae the most points, so playing every tournament would be the smartest thing to do
Old 01-05-2008, 11:20 AM #94
EPS
mo-paintball.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokthecasa View Post
Now how will these restrictions be enforced? for these great prizes people will be trying to get into the lowest divisions they can which is fine unless they play illegally.

One game with a violation (ie illegal player) would cause you to loose your chance at the prize. I think that is incentive enough not to try and cheat.

http://www.mo-paintball.com
203 - 500 - 7889

email: membersonlypaintball@gmail.com
EPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:59 PM #95
EPS
mo-paintball.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajzpaintball5 View Post
vin already said this... but scott eps needs like porter poddies or some kind of bath room cuz u cant just go behind that big thing that holds all the bunkers lol. the 2nd thing we need is food like bathrooms r way more important but like have someguy make hotdogs or sutin like how hogans does that i cant really think of anything else that eps really needs cuz the new bunkers will be amazing.
I can check into bathrooms, but port-a-potties smell. and if you need to do a 2 you won't have time inbetween games anyway, just put the alternate in and hit the sports plex.

food i think is impossible, I'll see what i can do. they have a food license for the whole complex, and don't think we can make food or anything up there.

What you can do is have some good paintball on some nice green grass

203 - 500 - 7889

Old 01-05-2008, 01:03 PM #96
EPS
mo-paintball.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbballerj27 View Post
Are you playing for the money or playing cause you want to play paintball?

If you just want your shot at big money, just buy a lotto ticket, it's much cheaper. If you want to come play some good paintball and have some fun and maybe take home the big prize, they sign up!

=)

203 - 500 - 7889

Old 01-05-2008, 01:37 PM #97
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE
Playoffs??? PLAYOFFS!!??

AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE plays in the PSP
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is Boss
scott i think playing multiple 5 man games is not the best way to go. you should do an xball lite format because itll probably go a bit faster then the 5 man games since there isnt any clock you have to beat before the next game rolls around... i undrstand how you want to run the tourney with the 5 man, but it would go ALOT smoother with xball being played expecially if your getting a new xball field like you said.

the points system is flawed also. due to bodies mattering a ridiuclously high amount, people will be more prone to sit in their bunkers and not make that game opening move, or push for the win. since bodies count into points for this and whoever has the most points at the end of the day wins, people will just sit back and take their time, which a league like this shouldnt have.

by doing it in an xball lite format like we did with the xball league, you encourage faster play, more paint up in the air, and more action in general. plus its whoever gets the flag and hangs it wins that point... not the entire match, so it also allows you to make a mistake and still win the game if you are the better team. people will not be as worried as about staying in to keep those few extra points... but more worried about gettin out there and killing the other team to win that match.

xball lite is the way to go if you plan on running the league this way. expecially when it comes to the finals. the worst team in the league beats the best team because the best team gets a playing on penalty or some freak accident happens.... with the lite format the better team is sure to win... because they are better, not because of some freak incident.

also the prizes need to be rethought a little bit. what happens if you dont get 12 teams in each division? do you move 2 divisions together? what happens if you get like 9 teams in one division? what do you give out then? these things need to be addressed and told to the players so they know what to expect. and like scanlon said... one of your dates falls on a psp event which a good amount of the open teams... and possibly some of the 17 and under teams may also play. so just that date needs to be rescheduled or played on a different date or something... obviously not a big deal but something just to keep in mind.

i may think of more stuff.. but thats what i got off the top of my head..

and on the subject of food... bring a gas grill up and cook up some dogs and burgers... everyone would be happy with that.
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:12 PM #98
CTballaVR
So Conn

yes
Old 01-05-2008, 05:57 PM #99
Ajzpaintball5
Mo Money

ya i was gunna say that about the grill good idea.

All Out Paintball
Old 01-06-2008, 07:57 AM #100
jethotshot
AOF

well guys what scott is saying is that the sports plex has a food lisence which prevents him from selling food becuase he rents the field from them. The only thing i could think of is maybe do something like your admission gives you like a slice of pizza and a gatorade at each event or something but then that could get expensive so idk or do like one free hotdog at every event and then just buy in bulk at bjs or sams club. i like the xball lite format but you will pretty much have to re-sonfigure this whole thing, but you will probably make much more money in paint sales with an xball format. Just some thoughts.

RIP
All Out Paintball
Old 01-06-2008, 01:31 PM #101
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE
Playoffs??? PLAYOFFS!!??

AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE plays in the PSP
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is Boss
jetshot- he wouldnt have to change anything really... he already has it set up so that you kinda do that anyway... youplay one team ina couple different 5 man games in one day... might as well pump it all out at once and do the xball lite format.... believe me when we did this a couple years ago it worked with no problem what so ever... and it did not take to long or anything... went extremely well
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:05 PM #102
jethotshot
AOF

o alright

RIP
All Out Paintball
Old 01-07-2008, 06:31 PM #103
CTballaVR
So Conn