Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: what feedback should i give? and why?
postitive 2 5.56%
neutral 10 27.78%
negative 24 66.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2007, 04:57 PM #1
shocktrooper
no stinkin' Badges

Not sure what feedback to leave, what do you think?

So i bought an eclipse cocker on ebay recently and the description stated that the gun "shot but needed tuning". anyway the gun is amazing looking, no problems except a stripped beaver tail screw that i can't get out. that doesn't bug me though. Problem is that The eyes were completely trashed(ribbon cut in two places), and i also needed to replace the board. Its not a huge deal because i had the parts, but it just irks me you know? In addition there was paint in the barrel and in the gun, along with some dirt in the body. but the anno is flawless without a scratch and despite what i listed the gun is flawless looking. It shoots great now that I replaced those parts, although I still have to relube the coking noid and hope it stops leaking.

so what do you think, what feedback should i give the guy on Ebay. It said it needed tuning and that "it shot" but it didn't out of the box more then 20 feet and i needed to replace a couple parts. But then again the gun looks amazing and as far as I can tell was hardly used.

what feedback should i leave?
shocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 04:59 PM #2
playajst

h ey i bougth teh orracle body from ya he deserves negative for misleading you the whole way.
playajst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 05:09 PM #3
shocktrooper
no stinkin' Badges

yeah by the way did you get that tracking number to work?
Old 12-21-2007, 05:11 PM #4
playajst

ya the first time u left off the last 7 of the trackling number. it should be here today. it says taht it s out on a truck. what all is coming w/ the body? i knwo the valve and bolt right
Old 12-21-2007, 05:15 PM #5
shocktrooper
no stinkin' Badges

yeah pretty much everything you'd need on the body, bolt, cocking rod, pull pin,15 deg asa, front block all the internals like hammer and such. also some extra parts you'll most likely not need. a mech hinge frame prostock reg. a wobbly on/off and drop forward.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:17 PM #6
playajst

nice. but back to on topic. def enegative feedback he got ya on the eye thing.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:28 PM #7
shocktrooper
no stinkin' Badges

yeah i think the board was probobly just set wrong but the eye he should have told me about. i dont know if thats enough to issue a negative over though since its a nice gun. maybe a neutral.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:30 PM #8
seraphim32

its not as he described it, why did you have to replace the board? did it fire? (yeah i saw only 20 ft, but was this because of a setting?)
Old 12-21-2007, 05:30 PM #9
drgonzo
Half-cocked

The most important question is ... has he left you feedback yet?
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos | Droidtiles.com - NFC Tags for Android and mobile devices
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 05:34 PM #10
shocktrooper
no stinkin' Badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
The most important question is ... has he left you feedback yet?
haha i know i dont want a negative in retaliation.

to seraphim, it was just slow firing about 5 bps max. probobly settings related but i was putting in a zero B anyway
Old 12-21-2007, 06:23 PM #11
cww516
a man

cww516 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
i'd contact him and see if he's willing to work with you on getting a replacement, considering he didn't tell you about it, and if he gives you back some money and/or sends you an eye without too much complaining, i might say positive. probably neutral otherwise.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:25 PM #12
Shadow Crow
Mid-back-front

Shadow Crow owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
doesn't matter, the description was not accurate. in fact it was decieving... negative.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:26 PM #13
Fearless_Leader
Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

If the board just needed to be reset to factory fast and then velocity adjustments having to be made isn’t that bad...I would considered that timing. I wouldn’t be happy about the eye but that not that big of a deal, the beaver tail would make me mad though.

Its really up to you, if you feel it was falsely described leave negative feedback eBay should back you on the negative if you tell everything being wrong and you should get negative back. But the only thing I think would protect you that rout is the board if it worked and just needed to be reset idk how it will go. I would mention the screw

About the stripped beaver tail screw, mine rex screw felt stiff when I toke it out don’t know how hard you tried but the screw dose go into the lower tube. I don’t think I would try that hard on a nice gun like that though

I can say for certain that if you have a working cocker that shoots just fine you are one of the three, or all of the above. 1- you are not an idiot. 2- you know someone who is not an idiot. 3- you have enough money to pay someone who is not an idiot. - jonotwist
Fearless_Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 07:43 PM #14
shocktrooper
no stinkin' Badges

for the beaver tail I'm just leaving it in, never messing with it. Not going to drill into it or anything crazy like that I'll just deal with it or take it to a shop if i really need it off.

I just tested the board on another gun and it was just the settings.

probobly going to go with a good rating to steer clear of any trouble. a bad eye and a leaky noid isnt that bad.

Last edited by shocktrooper : 12-21-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:20 PM #15
hmcl281

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocktrooper View Post
for the beaver tail I'm just leaving it in, never messing with it. Not going to drill into it or anything crazy like that I'll just deal with it or take it to a shop if i really need it off.

I just tested the board on another gun and it was just the settings.

probobly going to go with a good rating to steer clear of any trouble. a bad eye and a leaky noid isnt that bad.
for the tail, take off the trigger frame then spin the tail. the screw should spin lose also. did u ask the seller if there was anything wrong with the marker before u place a bid? if he said everything was fine then i would be angry and ask for a partial refund, file a complaint with paypal, becasue an eye is going to run u around 25 to 30. everything would depend on how it was listed. give the seller an email and tell him what u found before u do anything. dirty gun is not an issue but the broken and strip parts should be.
hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:39 PM #16
bielefeld18
9 inch cocker club member

if the eyes and ribbon were screwed up then it doesnt shoot right. saying it shoots but needs timing is wrong because it needs timing, eyes, and ribbon. he deservs a negative.
(o.o)
(> <)
copy bunny into your profile and help him achieve world domination
bielefeld18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 10:34 PM #17
MondoMor

I'm with cww516. Why not talk to him first? Write him a nice polite email saying that it appears the auction wasn't accurate and describe your troubles.

Maybe he wasn't all that clued up and didn't realize it was so messed up. Maybe he'll refund $20 to cover the cost of eyes or whatever.

If he tells you to get bent, or doesn't respond, well then leave him negative feedback with a clear conscience.
MondoMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 10:40 PM #18
majinebz

has been a member for 10 years
negative feedback, how about give back my damn money!
majinebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 10:59 PM #19
RavagersTC
USMC If it moves, kill it

RavagersTC owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
negative, neutral if he gives you money back.