Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Should the cfoa change the rof cap?
yes 71 40.11%
no 71 40.11%
marshmellows dipped in hot sauce 35 19.77%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-24-2007, 11:01 AM #64
LASTCALLL (Banned)

LASTCALLL owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
My problem is not just changing the rate of fire its the amount of the change.
2 balls wow which jack&^% pulled this number out of a hat.... I still stick with I feel this is a money issue (board and hopper sales.) I played in the old days and can change back .... Deeper breaks.

PSP...... has not done for the southeast what the CFOA has done..... More people at my local fields know the CFOA name over the psp.
LASTCALLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-24-2007, 11:12 AM #65
pbslacker
pbslacker

pbslacker supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKoTerski View Post
I hate it when people talk of the old days. No offense but it is deffinately is not the old days. These are the days of ramping guns and where ramping levels out the playing field so that your skills may shine through. Not how fast you can pull a trigger, but rather how good your snap shot is and how agile you are. Because, lets face it, theres no better way to test your snap shot then to have a person shoot 15bps at you. Ever since i started playing there was ramping and I love it. Everyone says that the guns shoot themselves and that the players just have to sit back and do nothing. If you think this is todays game, then you have no idea. Also, if the guns shooting themselves theory is correct, then why cant a Begginner team practice with an NXL team and not get stomped?
it seems like you are stuck on your ramping gun.the good old days did take more skill,wake up!it takes no skill to hold down a lane with a ramping gun.the only thing you need to do is point and try not to get shot..wow that takes alot of skill there.the change in rof sucks for you,i dont like it either.i understand from a business stand point but i wish we would be a stand alone series.i think i will just break out my old cockers and use those with a 12v revy.
my feedback
http://www.classic-paintball.com
van damagenators
ADRENALIN ARMY
VRK
pbslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 11:14 AM #66
pbslacker
pbslacker

pbslacker supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by LASTCALLL View Post
PSP...... has not done for the southeast what the CFOA has done..... More people at my local fields know the CFOA name over the psp.
i agree with kris,its brought much more teams into the game that would not have been there if all we had was the psp
my feedback
http://www.classic-paintball.com
van damagenators
ADRENALIN ARMY
VRK
pbslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 01:43 PM #67
KKoTerski
KCCO

KKoTerski plays in the PSP
KKoTerski plays in the MiLP
KKoTerski is an NCPA player
KKoTerski supports DLX Technology
Id rather keep the 15bps but I am not saying that I will play worse with 13bps. I think I will play better at 13bps but I just like the 15bps.
KKoTerski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 03:07 PM #68
baddogh27
Idk my bff Squash?

baddogh27 plays in the PSP
baddogh27 plays in the MiLP
baddogh27 is an NCPA player
baddogh27 plays in the APPA D4 division
most ppl think it is a bad idea but they still do it arnt the leauges supposed to try to keep their customers happy by listening to them. Personally i feel that the change will not save that much money and will change the game significantly. I mean ppl could make snake off break about 50% of the times they tried from my experience now it will probably be around 65%. But whatev it will still be fun
Peter Velardi Fan Club Member #2
baddogh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 03:24 PM #69
elfwoo2

elfwoo2 is a Paintball photographer
You'd be surprised at how many people don't care at all and just want to play the game. Theres no way to find out what the majority is, and it really wont matter, saying most dont want it is false because you simply cannot know that. What makes these leagues better is because of the change, and its not like they do it every single year.
elfwoo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 10:18 PM #70
Elite-X
game time

has been a member for 10 years
Elite-X plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfwoo2 View Post
What makes these leagues better is because of the change, and its not like they do it every single year.

psp:

2005 XBALL 2 halves full matches 16 minute halfves semi auto only no score limit dont remember roster limit
2006 XBALL LITE 1 half 15 minutes ramping 15 bps first to 5/7 15 rostered players
2007 XBALL LITE 1 half 15 minutes ramping 15 bps first to 5/7 15 rostered players
2008 XBALL SUPER LITE 1 half 12 minutes ramping 13bps (?maybe?) first to 5/7 12 rostered players

3 out of 4 seasons they have made drastic changes, thats almost every year. Yes, i played all these years and even before that. I am pretty sure my memory is 99% correct on all the rules. Just making a statement.

Predator Electronics

Former Wildfire Veteran
FEEDBACK

Get Coffee News, Articles, Deals and Recipes at Coffee Shift
Elite-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 10:34 PM #71
elfwoo2

statement not needed, i said every single year.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:29 PM #72
JRDynamic

yes cfoa will follow suit because it is a feeder leauge to psp so it wouldnt help if the rules were completely diff.
Ryan Greenspan Fan #242
Todd Martinez-I don't care if anyone else think I'm funny, but I amuse the **** out of myself for sure.
JRDynamic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 11:31 PM #73
a2nadam
adam zhu

a2nadam plays in the PSP
a2nadam is an NCPA player
a2nadam plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfwoo2 View Post
statement not needed, i said every single year.
luls
a2nadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 11:33 PM #74
elfwoo2

azn luls
Old 12-24-2007, 11:40 PM #75
A J

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy freak View Post
i just wanna shoot someone....

Oh, and Marshmallows dipped in hot sauce.
A J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 10:43 AM #76
Grillz09 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKoTerski View Post
Id rather keep the 15bps but I am not saying that I will play worse with 13bps. I think I will play better at 13bps but I just like the 15bps.
me too.
Grillz09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 11:50 AM #77
Elite-X
game time

Elite-X plays in the APPA D4 division
thats pretty close to every year. also they need to adjust the penalties too. they were established based on full xball not lite. now with even shorter time limits 1 or 2 minors and/or 1 major will cost a team the game

Predator Electronics

Former Wildfire Veteran
FEEDBACK

Get Coffee News, Articles, Deals and Recipes at Coffee Shift
Elite-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 12:13 PM #78
JoDirT
PSP-NPPL-GFOA-CFOA-MILP

JoDirT plays in the PSP
JoDirT plays in the MiLP
JoDirT owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JoDirT plays in the APPA D4 division
i hope they change it and realize at the end of next season. that the drop didnt do anything for the sport.. hope you all save a bunch of money.
JoDirT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 07:48 PM #79
the cool dude
Old and Tired

the cool dude plays in the PSP
the cool dude supports Cereal Killerz 2
the cool dude helped look for balloons
the cool dude is playing at Living Legends III
the cool dude owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
the cool dude supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbslacker View Post
it seems like you are stuck on your ramping gun.the good old days did take more skill,wake up!it takes no skill to hold down a lane with a ramping gun.the only thing you need to do is point and try not to get shot..wow that takes alot of skill there.the change in rof sucks for you,i dont like it either.i understand from a business stand point but i wish we would be a stand alone series.i think i will just break out my old cockers and use those with a 12v revy.
the skill comes from that "trying not to get shot" and it takes a lot more skills agility and practice to shoot out that other guy that is just sprayin' paint down your lane than it does if you got someone shooting the occasional ball at you.
the cool dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 10:19 PM #80
nyxballa

Quote:
I'm not a fan of ramping guns, but I can shoot faster than 13.3. I worked hard to get that and I feel that when a league restricts something that I can do naturally and truely(no bounce), that it cheapens my game. Granted that there's more to playing the game than gun skills, but I love playing in semi-uncapped. I played my first batch of tournaments with ramping about two years ago and found it to be unusually boring. I felt that the game had become a "point and click". I am a very big pump and mechanical marker player, the ramping detached me further from the control of my marker than I wanted. I don't think that ramping belongs in a normal 3/5/7-man game.
Xball is almost a whole other way to play, thats the only venue I'd use it in.

That being said, it still fun to roll in the range and turn on "uncapped auto-response" and have fun.
I completely agree... like i spent countless hours learning how to shoot my gun un-assited (true semi-auto no bounce) i feel like it was time wasted. all ramping has done is leveled the playing field so to speak, in the sense that nobody has to have exceptional trigger walking skill to be up there with 15 bps. I mean its just become boring now that everyone has the same modes. Plus like larry said in the old days it was exciting not too mention in some cases depending on the team you felt honored if you lost to a team like xsf and still kept bodies on the field for more than half the game. I mean i would like to see it go back to invidual gun fighting style of play... IE your allowed to shoot as fast as you can walk your gat....
end of rant....
lol
nyxballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 11:11 PM #81
Seatbelts
Buckle up

Seatbelts supports Team VICIOUS
we played today at 13,and its not really that different.after a game you kinda forget.

You're nobody, till somebody, kills you. -Biggie.
I'm amazin', yeah, I'm all that If I ain't on my grind then what you call that? Victorious, yeah, we warriors We make history, strive off victory
Seatbelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 12:38 AM #82
predshocka

its only 2 bps it not bad at all.

BRING ME A LUXE
predshocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 05:49 PM #83
baddogh27
Idk my bff Squash?

baddogh27 plays in the PSP
baddogh27 plays in the MiLP
baddogh27 is an NCPA player
baddogh27 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryCFOA View Post
Hey guys, I'm still here.

The guns practically shoot themselves these days. There was a time not so long ago, when shooting fast was a skill, being able to do it with either hand made you exceptional. If you could shoot fast and run at the same time, you had a bright future.

Larry
well back in my day (2005-2007) dodging lanes was a skill and if you could run full speed while dodging lanes at the same time you had a bright future....now idk.
Peter Velardi Fan Club Member #2
baddogh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 06:43 PM #84
vman722
~CEP~

vman722 is a Professional paintball player
vman722 plays in the PSP
vman722 plays in the APPA Pro division
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddogh27 View Post
well back in my day (2005-2007) dodging lanes was a skill and if you could run full speed while dodging lanes at the same time you had a bright future....now idk.
QFT
Chattanooga CEP #4
DYE Paintball---DYE CG Paint---Minor League Paintball
vman722 is offline   Reply With Quote