Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Should the cfoa change the rof cap?
yes 71 40.11%
no 71 40.11%
marshmellows dipped in hot sauce 35 19.77%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2007, 03:58 PM #43
Impulsin15
ATL is where I be

I changed my PM8 from 15.4 to 13 BPS and there is a huge difference. But if they change it were going to have to get used to it so might as well start practicing now.
ULTIMATE KIDZ
ATLANTA EDGE
Impulsin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 04:10 PM #44
a2nadam
adam zhu

a2nadam plays in the PSP
a2nadam is an NCPA player
a2nadam plays in the APPA D4 division
keep it the same across the board. if psp goes to 13.3, it makes all the sense in the world for cfoa to do the same. no sarcasm.
a2nadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 04:17 PM #45
LarryCFOA
da man

Hey guys, I'm still here.

If any of you guys know me, you've heard me say that I'm not a fan of ramping guns. Heck, if we had the technology to police it, I'd ban ramping guns today. Ramping hasn't done anything for the sport. There's a part of me that believes that ramping guns bear some of the responsiblity for the downturn in the paintball industry over the last couple of years. Back in 2004, the CFOA was the wild west of tournament paintball when it came to guns and rates of fire. Announcing a ROF cap in 2005 was the only means that we had to reign in the massive amounts of firepower you guys were putting on the field. In essence, we dropped the rate of fire from 26 bps to 15 bps with this decision. In the past 2 seasons, I've had the opportunity to watch a ton of games and a bunch of teams. I personally believe that the ramping guns are killing the game. The guns practically shoot themselves these days. There was a time not so long ago, when shooting fast was a skill, being able to do it with either hand made you exceptional. If you could shoot fast and run at the same time, you had a bright future. The game has become extremely predictable. Everything from how the field lays out, to the strategies of how teams will play has become very predictable. CFOA players today tend to play more of an XBall style. Dominate your lane and go. I miss the days of dominant 5-Man teams. I'd love to see a dominant 5-Man team like Quake, Flipmode, Evil Intentions, XSF, or Runnin' Wild re-surface in today's CFOA. When these teams put a 30 second beatdown on you, it was no fluke.

Now concerning the PSP: the PSP is the pinnacle of tournament paintball. They have the best format, the best teams, and the best players. Everything that we've ever done in the CFOA has always worked well with whatever is current in the PSP. The PSP has experienced the exact same problems that we have locally. Having standard solutions to those problems makes everyone's life easier. Also, the PSP is the paintball industry. If these companies all agree that the rate of fire is too high, and they deem it prudent to reduce the rate of fire, then that has to tell you something.

The last time we did anything with the rate of cap, that decision was made public 2 weeks prior to the season opener. I don't recall many of the players at that event having too many issues with the new ROF cap. I'd think that you guys have ample time before the season to get with the new program. The CFOA will follow the PSP and reduce the ROF cap. The PSP has not announced what their cap will be, but Lane did post that everyone should prepare, plan and practice for 13.33 bps.

Personally, I'd make the ROF cap lower than that.

End of rant.

Larry
LarryCFOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 04:21 PM #46
a2nadam
adam zhu

a2nadam plays in the PSP
a2nadam is an NCPA player
a2nadam plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryCFOA View Post
The CFOA will follow the PSP and reduce the ROF cap. The PSP has not announced what their cap will be, but Lane did post that everyone should prepare, plan and practice for 13.33 bps.
nice, good decision.
a2nadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 04:49 PM #47
Seatbelts
Buckle up

Seatbelts supports Team VICIOUS
either way im looking forward to 2008 and the ROF change will not damper that.

now larry, how about a schedule

You're nobody, till somebody, kills you. -Biggie.
I'm amazin', yeah, I'm all that If I ain't on my grind then what you call that? Victorious, yeah, we warriors We make history, strive off victory
Seatbelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 04:54 PM #48
LarryCFOA
da man

Got one more date/location to confirm and it'll be released.

Larry
Old 12-23-2007, 05:02 PM #49
BIGN
Crazy Clown Mod

Annual Supporting Member
BIGN is a Supporting Member
BIGN is BST Trusted
BIGN plays in the APPA D4 division
BIGN has achieved Level 7 in PbNation Pursuit
BIGN is Immortal
Quote:
Got one more date/location to confirm and it'll be released.

Larry

hot damn thanks

i got to start putting in for those days off next year...
BIGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 06:26 PM #50
Grillz09 (Banned)
Crown Town

i hope they dont change it
Grillz09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 06:41 PM #51
LarryCFOA
da man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillz09 View Post
i hope they dont change it
Go back and read post #45 in this thread.

L
Old 12-23-2007, 06:48 PM #52
Grillz09 (Banned)
Crown Town

um... ok
Old 12-23-2007, 06:55 PM #53
KKoTerski
KCCO

KKoTerski plays in the PSP
KKoTerski is an NCPA player
KKoTerski plays in the APPA D3 division
KKoTerski supports DLX Technology
I hate it when people talk of the old days. No offense but it is deffinately is not the old days. These are the days of ramping guns and where ramping levels out the playing field so that your skills may shine through. Not how fast you can pull a trigger, but rather how good your snap shot is and how agile you are. Because, lets face it, theres no better way to test your snap shot then to have a person shoot 15bps at you. Ever since i started playing there was ramping and I love it. Everyone says that the guns shoot themselves and that the players just have to sit back and do nothing. If you think this is todays game, then you have no idea. Also, if the guns shooting themselves theory is correct, then why cant a Begginner team practice with an NXL team and not get stomped?

Last edited by KKoTerski : 12-23-2007 at 06:59 PM.
KKoTerski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 07:09 PM #54
Impulsin15
ATL is where I be

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKoTerski View Post
I hate it when people talk of the old days. No offense but it is deffinately is not the old days. These are the days of ramping guns and where ramping levels out the playing field so that your skills may shine through. Not how fast you can pull a trigger, but rather how good your snap shot is and how agile you are. Because, lets face it, theres no better way to test your snap shot then to have a person shoot 15bps at you. Ever since i started playing there was ramping and I love it. Everyone says that the guns shoot themselves and that the players just have to sit back and do nothing. If you think this is todays game, then you have no idea. Also, if the guns shooting themselves theory is correct, then why cant a Begginner team practice with an NXL team and not get stomped?
QFT!!
ULTIMATE KIDZ
ATLANTA EDGE
Old 12-23-2007, 07:42 PM #55
LarryCFOA
da man

Quote:
Obviously, you never got the opportunity to play a little 5-Man against a pure 5-Man team (like the ones I mentioned above). 5-Man and XBall are 2 distinct games with 2 distinct styles. Somewhere along the way, those styles have been blurred together. That's the game we have today.

Maybe when the AMs come back, you'll see what I mean.

Larry
Old 12-23-2007, 07:48 PM #56
Impulsin15
ATL is where I be

Quote:

Maybe when the AMs come back, you'll see what I mean.

Larry
Does that mean AM is coming back.
ULTIMATE KIDZ
ATLANTA EDGE
Old 12-23-2007, 07:54 PM #57
rghbsn
Save a tree, eat a beaver

Now THAT would be hot...
Larry Motes Fan Club #3
feedback Me Proper Villains PV Myspace
Planet Eclipse GZ Paintball PaintballX3.com Paintball Central
Compulsive Paintball Animal Paintball Batteries Plus Southwest Paintball
Tarheel Open & Carolina Classic Champions!
rghbsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 08:32 PM #58
Grillz09 (Banned)
Crown Town

Quote:
Thank you!
Old 12-23-2007, 08:36 PM #59
hkyarmy

AMs.... Long over due.. Time for things to speed up a little. HOLD ON!
hkyarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 09:07 PM #60
custommatt

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
custommatt is a Professional paintball player
custommatt supports Team VICIOUS
custommatt supports Empire
trust me I had plenty of practices against Runnin Wild, one of the best Cfoa teams ever and it wasn't any fun. There was a difference from ramping and before ramping. Before ramping there was alot more skill, with out ramping not just anyone could pick a gun up and lane off the break. Now you pull the trigger 3 times and you are at 15 bps alot easier now.

Matt Sossoman #85
Omaha VICIOUS

Empire * DSSP8ntball.com * Axe * SuperFreak * eFlex * EVIL * Mad Cow Paintball *
custommatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 01:03 AM #61
mcgyver
Common Sense Is Tingling

mcgyver is a Supporting Member
mcgyver is playing at Living Legends VII
mcgyver supports Pev's Paintball
mcgyver is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
mcgyver is Legendary
I'm not a fan of ramping guns, but I can shoot faster than 13.3. I worked hard to get that and I feel that when a league restricts something that I can do naturally and truely(no bounce), that it cheapens my game. Granted that there's more to playing the game than gun skills, but I love playing in semi-uncapped. I played my first batch of tournaments with ramping about two years ago and found it to be unusually boring. I felt that the game had become a "point and click". I am a very big pump and mechanical marker player, the ramping detached me further from the control of my marker than I wanted. I don't think that ramping belongs in a normal 3/5/7-man game.
Xball is almost a whole other way to play, thats the only venue I'd use it in.

That being said, it still fun to roll in the range and turn on "uncapped auto-response" and have fun.

GO BEARS/CUBS/HAWKS

Last edited by mcgyver : 12-24-2007 at 01:07 AM.
mcgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 07:36 AM #62
mInImE pB

has been a member for 10 years
haha agreed w/matt praticing w/runnin wild coming into paintball has made a bunch of memories. or alot of scars either way. they were straight ballas. and i wouldnt mind seeing it be droped. Ill still aim high for a milacious either way. J/K but it would be nice to see the AM division back that way I can play w/some old friends
mInImE pB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 07:41 AM #63
BIGN
Crazy Clown Mod

Annual Supporting Member
BIGN is a Supporting Member
BIGN is BST Trusted
BIGN plays in the APPA D4 division
BIGN has achieved Level 7 in PbNation Pursuit
BIGN is Immortal
o ****...sounds like a Circus Runaways reunion is apon us...
BIGN is offline   Reply With Quote