Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 02:51 PM #22
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy View Post
It's simple. We take our time. Our shots are made based on our angles, we move to acquire our shots and we make them count. Therefore people believe we are more accurate. They don't have three balls that come kind of close to them to warn them that some one is shooting at them. We take our time and we place that one ball where it needs to go, because that's all we have.
That's exactly it.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
Old 12-31-2007, 07:49 PM #23
ProPlanTom
Tom Arboe

because you acctually take aim when you shoot a pump instead of shooting balls with a semi to guide your aim to the target
Old 01-18-2008, 12:13 AM #24
minimoogle
RUSSIAN!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilAuthorityX View Post
gnomes..

I think that ION might have a slight velocity problem....
Old 01-18-2008, 01:29 PM #25
invertmini1986
Team Justice

taking their time

Pump markers are not more accurate, it's the player that makes the difference. players with a shocker will spray, were a pump marker will force a player to take his time, line up, and aim... cause he knows once that first shot goes off he is a sitting duck for that big gun. giving the impression that pumps r more accurate....
Old 01-19-2008, 07:27 PM #26
p8ntballer367

you all are a bunch of retards.... look at it this way closed bolt guns fire from the resting position, in doing this there is no kinetic enerygy transfer from the bolt to the ball creating less turbulance on the inside of the paint. it all comes down to solid vs. fluid dynamics. as the turbulance is obsorbed into the baintball of an open bolt gun less potential energy is put onto the paint from the release of the air because the kinetic transfer from the bolt has a contradicting force. thats whay all closed bolt gun IE: pumps, cockers and others have a longer and straighter shot. the only force applied is that of the onrush of air.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:12 PM #27
minimoogle
RUSSIAN!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballer367 View Post
you all are a bunch of retards.... look at it this way closed bolt guns fire from the resting position, in doing this there is no kinetic enerygy transfer from the bolt to the ball creating less turbulance on the inside of the paint. it all comes down to solid vs. fluid dynamics. as the turbulance is obsorbed into the baintball of an open bolt gun less potential energy is put onto the paint from the release of the air because the kinetic transfer from the bolt has a contradicting force. thats whay all closed bolt gun IE: pumps, cockers and others have a longer and straighter shot. the only force applied is that of the onrush of air.

And you're retarted because you still try to get post your opinion when we already know, accuracy + paintballs = WTF??!?!?!

Also, it doesn't matter how accurate cockers are, if you suck at the game, a sniper rifle won't do you any good, so all of this turbulence mumbo jumbo is all just scientific horse **** for people who spend more time on forums than on the field...

My 2 piece CP will outshoot any of this "turbulence" crap anyway, not because of what Dr. Genius over here said, but because i know how to USE IT, and that's all that really maters....
Old 01-19-2008, 08:49 PM #28
Danegerous
is dangerous

Danegerous helped look for balloons
Another possible explanation is similar to what p8ntballer said, and it relates to the mech cocker myth too. Closed bolts will create less barrel vibration then open bolts. So a mech cocker shooting at around 5 bps should be slightly more accurate then an open bolt at the same speed. However at higher ROF it diminishes in difference to almost nil.

Also, the barrel you use does make a difference. A two piece barrel will also have more mechanical vibration than a one piece and that will affect your ball's trajectory a tiny bit.

When it comes down to it all though, it makes no real noticeable difference.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:48 PM #29
p8ntballer367

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimoogle View Post
And you're retarted because you still try to get post your opinion when we already know, accuracy + paintballs = WTF??!?!?!

Also, it doesn't matter how accurate cockers are, if you suck at the game, a sniper rifle won't do you any good, so all of this turbulence mumbo jumbo is all just scientific horse **** for people who spend more time on forums than on the field...

My 2 piece CP will outshoot any of this "turbulence" crap anyway, not because of what Dr. Genius over here said, but because i know how to USE IT, and that's all that really maters....

yer funny... i have worked in this industry for ten years whilst playing longer than that. and for that part about skill i have plenty of that im one of the origional UPRISING the semi pro team. plus i play at least once a week because we have our own field. im sure you may have heared about paintball-online/xtremez?

and i wasnt denying that quality paints/barrels dont effect the way a gun shotts i was just letting you neanderthals know the physics of the sport but i guess ppl like minimoogle are too dense to open their eyes to reality.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:56 PM #30
p8ntballer367

i think you are so hostile because your vocabulary is limited to that of a toddler, if you need me to retype what i was sayin in laymens terms id be glad to
Old 01-22-2008, 08:45 PM #31
gamefish1305

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmx2much View Post
hey cool its davinci
91% of statistics are made up...
Old 01-22-2008, 09:13 PM #32
TheECP
Less QQ more Pew Pew.

TheECP plays in the APPA D4 division
We aim...
Old 01-22-2008, 09:15 PM #33
JDlS9449
d00d?

yesh!
Old 01-22-2008, 10:00 PM #34
minimoogle
RUSSIAN!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballer367 View Post
i think you are so hostile because your vocabulary is limited to that of a toddler, if you need me to retype what i was sayin in laymens terms id be glad to

You forgot to capitalize 3 "I"'s and forgot an apostrophe in "I'd"

My vocabulary may not be as good, but your grammar is absolutely atrocious to the point where my mind is absolutely nullified trying to compute what exactly you are voicing you opinion over here...
Old 01-22-2008, 10:07 PM #35
july_favre

july_favre is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump guns are statistically more accurate.
But then again almost everyone in the world has more legs than the average human.