PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-15-2001, 10:26 PM #1
GreenAngel

has been a member for 10 years
My mag is jumping around like this. What do you think it could be, I am using a maxflow. I was also testing how brass eagle balls shot out of my DYE boomer 18", b/c i have to use them for the dday thing in june. Also i have the output press. set to 700psi, would that make a difference at all. Also i guess the chrono might not be too acurate either. What do you think, is it s o-ring in my mag or is this jumping normal for bad paint barrel match, or just plain Sh*tty balls.
Thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2001, 12:30 AM #2
MAGS4LIFE01
ME

GREEN ANGEL

IT COULD BE A COUPLE OF THINGS...

1) YOU MIGHT WANT TO RUN IT AT 750 OR 800 THATS WERE MOST MAG USERS ARE SET AT.

2) YOUR VELOCITY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR PAINT AND YES BRASS EAGLE MAKE THE WORST PAINT ALIVE DONT USE IT.

3) THE MAX FLOW COULD NOT BE OPERATING THAT POORLY IN GOOD CONDITION IT MUST HAVE BEEN A FAULTY CHRONO OR ANOTHER POSSIBILITY IS THAT U MAY HAVE BEEN TILTING YOUR GUN UP AND DOWN A SLIGHT BIT WHEN CHRONOING THAT MAY CAUSE YOUR VELOCITY SPIKES YOUR HAVING.

SUCKS YOU HAD TO USE THAT PAINT!! RPS PMI WORK CGOOD FOR ME IN MY MAG
*shocktech drop--
*dye stickies--
*foamie bolt--
*crossfire 68 3000--
-----------------------------
>looking for
*dyna flow 68 4500--
*E micro conversion kit in black powder coat--
*tricked cockers 4 sale--

TeAm AfTeRmAtH total devestation
Old 05-16-2001, 11:56 PM #3
dager
Mega Moderator

dager is a founding member
dager supports Sherwood Forest
700 is a bit on the lower side but it should still run effectively. definaly look into the paint issue but even then 10-15 usualy isnt just paint.. you might want to strip and clean the AIR (the mag's reg) as well as the maxflow.. one or both could be experencing flow problems or the AIR might be creeping cause of some dirt.

-duff

Team ESP
Old 05-17-2001, 03:53 PM #4
Nerobro

Nerobro is a Supporting Member
700 psi is about ideal for best velocity consistancy with an automag. I would place the blame on the paint in this cae. Just to be sure I'd pick up a mag rebuild kit and replace all the reg seals in the automag. You should be shooting +-5 even with prety crapppy paint.

Do NOT turn up The inpur pressure, that will only hurt your velocity consistancy.

Omnipotence ain't all it's cracked up to be.......
Old 05-17-2001, 04:34 PM #5
D-Tox

I'm using a preset tank, ACI Bulldog 68/3000. I believe this runs at 850? or 800? Dont remember offhand.

I chrono usually +/- 5 at the worst
Old 05-18-2001, 09:07 PM #6
Rob_AGD
Cranky Wanker

Annual Supporting Member
Rob_AGD is a Supporting Member
Rob_AGD donated to help Peyton Trent
Rob_AGD helped look for balloons
Rob_AGD is playing at Living Legends VII
Rob_AGD supports Pev's Paintball
Guys, several things here.

Velocity consistancy : there is not "sweet" spot in a mag for "perfect" velocity. It's a matter of how you play and how you shot as to work works best for you.

If you a long string hoser then running your pressure into the valve 800-850 is going to be better for you as you will have some extra head pressure from your N2 system.

For people that tend to snap shoot and only let rip a small strings 700-750 is good.

The over all idea is not to force the reg to over work itself by over coming massive line pressures. If there is a reg problem running higher line pressures will open yourslef to higher chrono penalies. Lower input less... so it all balances out.

I would lose that 18" Gas hog of a barrel and get something in the 10-12" range you will find better more consistant choronoing with a shorter barrel and your shot count on your tank will go up.

BTW - Bad paint/barrel fit can see +/- 30fps chrono strings

-Robert
Old 05-19-2001, 04:06 AM #7
lonsch

that happend to me all i did was replace the reg seat. put some oil on it screw it together and your gold. just dont unscrew it it will mess up the seal on the seat
Old 05-20-2001, 01:04 PM #8
GreenAngel

Could it be my reg seat rob. I did use co2 on it before i used hpa, how do i tell if its fried. Is that the only thing i need to replace after switching to hpa? Paintballgear has something like replacing the piston assy. do you have to do that?