Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-19-2007, 07:12 PM #1
URBANxFLOW

Stock velocity settings

i just picked up the eos and i cant get it till xmas and i wanna shoot it on xmas i was jw if the velocity was 2 high to shoot reballs on the day and if not is there any way to get it to a good velocity w/out chronoing it
URBANxFLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2007, 07:21 PM #2
Carcajou

i shot paint without chronoing it just keep your PSI setting in the low 200's and should be safe i use the green insert dropping in the silver inser will be a safe bet for a low velocity
And Shepherd's we shall be for thee my Lord for thee; Power hath descended forth from thy hands; That our feet may swiftly carry out thy commands; So we shall flow a river forth to thee, And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti......
Carcajou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:08 AM #3
Sean@smartpartswest
Living Legends May 18-20!

has been a member for 10 years
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends III
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends V
He chrono guns here about 285 with paint. So, reballs will be too high. We also make a reball insert that will fit the freak jr. barrels as well.

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.cpxsports.com
www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
Sean@smartpartswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:19 PM #4
Carcajou

hopw muh is the reball insert? same as all the other freak inserts?
And Shepherd's we shall be for thee my Lord for thee; Power hath descended forth from thy hands; That our feet may swiftly carry out thy commands; So we shall flow a river forth to thee, And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti......
Old 12-20-2007, 01:24 PM #5
Sean@smartpartswest
Living Legends May 18-20!

has been a member for 10 years
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends III
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends V
Yes.

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.cpxsports.com
www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
Sean@smartpartswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:25 PM #6
URBANxFLOW

i know my friend said just like turn the velocity down 2 turns then dry fire it 2 check and if it seems good shoot it idk i wanna shoot the reballs but id ather not screw anything up im playing th next day is there any way to know where my velocity is about...cani just use the smallest freak kit insert?
Old 12-23-2007, 04:49 PM #7
URBANxFLOW

my friend who isnt playing pb anymore and he gave me his chrono so i guess problem solved...is it like necessary to have the reballinsert or can i just use the smallest one?
Old 12-23-2007, 10:18 PM #8
Carcajou

just use the best fit insert, i personally use my 693 reball insert as thats all i gots
Old 12-23-2007, 10:27 PM #9
URBANxFLOW

yeah thats what im gunna do
Old 12-29-2007, 11:53 PM #10
URBANxFLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcajou View Post
hopw muh is the reball insert? same as all the other freak inserts?
you dont need it just use the smallest bore size and it shoots fine unless you play with reballs and need perfect accuracy you fine without it
Old 01-05-2008, 07:52 PM #11
p8ntbawller7
Uncommon

Barrel Insert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcajou View Post
just use the best fit insert, i personally use my 693 reball insert as thats all i gots
When ordering a barrel off SP dot com it asks for an insert...whats the best insert? little confused because i was playing with one peice barrels since i started playing paintball. I want to go for accuracy...is there a specific insert meant for that...

Im looking at getting the EOS with THE FREAK barrel, haha just wondering which FREAKIN' insert to get! HAHA.
p8ntbawller7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:56 PM #12
Carcajou

the inserts depend on what size paint you are shooting most people can get by with 3-4 if you are made of money you can get every single one that SP makes and then you'll never have paint that doesnt fit barrel well.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:12 PM #13
p8ntbawller7
Uncommon

Im talking about the freak kit...like the inserts...what do these numbers mean?

.689 < - - - someone posted on another thread ( good insert for accuracy ) ?
Old 01-05-2008, 10:35 PM #14
MurderFX

That number is the bore diameter of the barrel measured in inches. so .679 is a 0.679 inch bore diameter and obviously the smallest bore insert available. You want to match the paint to the bore diameter. You could physically measure the paint with a gauge but the best way to do it is test fit 10 to 20 balls through inserts. You want the balls to be able to just barely stick in the inserts but not so tight you can't blow them out of the insert.

As to choosing just one insert to buy ~ I'd say if you only pick one then go .689 or .691 if you have no clue as to what paint you shoot. Honestly though I'd at least grab .687 through .691 if I had to pick just three. If I had to pick a forth it'd be the .684.

All the paint I shot this year except one case (I've easily shot 50+ cases in 2007) were .684-.689.

Oklahoma D-Day 2012 - German Army - Join the fun

Last edited by MurderFX : 01-05-2008 at 10:38 PM.
MurderFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:46 PM #15
p8ntbawller7
Uncommon

Thanks so much Kevin. so .687 is pretty standard then? like when you buy a one peice barrel...say the sp. linear barrel. thats like a standard size? im not sure what it is but i have that barrel and ive shot alot of paint threw it and none have been tight or to loose...not sure what bore diameter that is, must be a standard size man cause all types of paint were going threw it with ease.

So yea ill just order the freak with a .687 bore diameter then.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:43 PM #16
Deko

I use the .687 insert works great! It is the size that came with my EOS
Old 01-05-2008, 11:49 PM #17
joverly

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntbawller7 View Post
Thanks so much Kevin. so .687 is pretty standard then? like when you buy a one peice barrel...say the sp. linear barrel. thats like a standard size? im not sure what it is but i have that barrel and ive shot alot of paint threw it and none have been tight or to loose...not sure what bore diameter that is, must be a standard size man cause all types of paint were going threw it with ease.

So yea ill just order the freak with a .687 bore diameter then.
I shoot a lot of Cryptic, and Draxxus.. I would go with a .689. A .687 is a little small for most paint. I can shoot a .687 with Cyrptic or Frostbit in the cold (below 40), but much warmer and I will start busting them with a .687.

Inserts are only like $15 on most sites or paintball stores. Marker comes with a .693 (at least me EOS did). I would grab a .689 and a .691 to start. You much better slightly large than slightly small.. large wastes air and effect shot performance. small break balls.. Zephyr and others have empty cases for $10 - $20.. just add inserts as needed and build your set over time (unless you have $80 laying around and buy a whole set).

Not to hijack a thread, anyone try the stainless inserts? Any real advantage other than they look nice (hate the blue showing through my barrel.. yea I am picky)

Last edited by joverly : 01-05-2008 at 11:56 PM.
joverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:51 PM #18
MJ †Hell Patrol†
deadlywind negative ion

.689 (blue) is wat i run in myn with premium .693 is wat i run with when using polar ice.....

"Originally posted by Idiosyncrisia: I would recommend a nice sensual lubrication of the bolt orings. If it happens again, just stick your finger in there and feel for it. Once you find it tell us where it is and we'll tell you how to get it just right."

MJ †Hell Patrol† is offline   Reply With Quote