Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 12-21-2007, 01:40 PM #22
cockerpunk (Banned)
Show Me the Data

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yama View Post
"THIS IS SPARTA!!!" lol I mean paintball..... That's awesome dude.
yeah, the staff at action packed always looks at us like "WTF?" at first they are afraid, then they see us play, and are even more afraid ...

robo also has a paint knife, and has several kills with it. no joke, he knifes people.

seriously, we should road trip to EMR for castle conquest. i have been kicking around the idea of fying out there myself for it (i know people over on the east coast)

Last edited by cockerpunk : 12-21-2007 at 01:52 PM.
cockerpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 01:44 PM #23
cockerpunk (Banned)
Show Me the Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverJ View Post
I think i've met them before... Do they also run a dual A5 machine gun setup?
If thats them, they are definitely some cool guys, and very fun to play with.
yup thats them!
Old 12-21-2007, 09:09 PM #24
WdlndScrtyCptn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
there are two reasons that would never fly -

1. SPPL is a bunch of speedball haters. they are trying there best to separate themselves as far from tournament speedball (or Xball) as possible. the meere mention of ramping at an SPPL event would be crazy talk.

2. ramping is stupid

really, if they want to cap ROF, instead cap volume of paint. that way you can shoot as much as you like, but as time goes on, you wont have that crutch. so much easier to ref, to enforce, and makes the logistics of the event o muh easier.
We are organizing a SPPL Style league. We are in no way sponcered or affiliated with SPPL. """WE HATE NO ONE""" as far as seperating ourselves. Get Over the Hate Man. We just like something different.
WdlndScrtyCptn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 09:56 AM #25
cockerpunk (Banned)
Show Me the Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by WdlndScrtyCptn View Post
We are organizing a SPPL Style league. We are in no way sponcered or affiliated with SPPL. """WE HATE NO ONE""" as far as seperating ourselves. Get Over the Hate Man. We just like something different.
i didn't say anything about hate. i play woodsball and have a good time doing it.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:18 AM #26
WdlndScrtyCptn

Thats cool.What I was getting to was we don't hate speedballers and we aren't affiliated with SPPL ,we are just using there format for our league.I am totally flexible on the rules. I just threw out a fps of 15 ball a second cap off the top of my head. Like my heavy gunner Ishvan said, We're flexable. Just got a confirmation e-mail that Team Konoha from St.Paul . They Are willing to travel down every game.

Last edited by WdlndScrtyCptn : 12-23-2007 at 09:14 PM.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:18 AM #27
el pengo

el pengo plays in the PSP
el pengo owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
el pengo plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
there are two reasons that would never fly -

1. SPPL is a bunch of speedball haters. they are trying there best to separate themselves as far from tournament speedball (or Xball) as possible. the meere mention of ramping at an SPPL event would be crazy talk.

2. ramping is stupid

really, if they want to cap ROF, instead cap volume of paint. that way you can shoot as much as you like, but as time goes on, you wont have that crutch. so much easier to ref, to enforce, and makes the logistics of the event o muh easier.

No.

1. SPPL is a competition. The inherent nature of competition will drive it towards the "tournament/speedball" mentality. Winners win and losers lose. See Smart Corps domination of the SSPL thus far. Fielding ex-pro players for a reason...

2. Ramping is a compromise that addressed a very real concern. The limited paint idea is flawed as the SPPL very much resembles xball but in the woods. The paint limit would have to be prohibitively small to negate the effects of fast guns and would be mute when you are able to dump that paint, get shot and then re-insert. You would just see tatics change. How would you police players exchanging paint? Have you ever played a limited paint tournament in the woods? There is a reason the original tournament series abandoned the concept (hidden paint everywhere....).

At the end of the day, progress is inevitable and you can't do much about the paintball arms race. Unless we go back to all using the exact same equipment with very real limitations.

Pump>ramp>semi = Math.

Darrin is putting on an SSPL style event this summer. AAF will be in attendence and we'll show you how they really "do it in the woods".

Been there, done that, have the trophy.
el pengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:27 AM #28
cockerpunk (Banned)
Show Me the Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by el pengo View Post
No.

1. SPPL is a competition. The inherent nature of competition will drive it towards the "tournament/speedball" mentality. Winners win and losers lose. See Smart Corps domination of the SSPL thus far. Fielding ex-pro players for a reason...

right, but the whole point of the SPPL is to get away from that mentality. see where i get the "speedball haters" from? they dont want the SPPL to turn into that even tho it is inevitable. i mean just looking at the rule posted on SpecOps shows they want to steer clear of the classic tournament situations. i mean, i agree, its gonna happen. its liek the whole counter culture movement. in the end you just end up establishing your own culture the same as the one you were rebelling from. same thing here.

2. Ramping is a compromise that addressed a very real concern. The limited paint idea is flawed as the SPPL very much resembles xball but in the woods. The paint limit would have to be prohibitively small to negate the effects of fast guns and would be mute when you are able to dump that paint, get shot and then re-insert. You would just see tatics change. How would you police players exchanging paint? Have you ever played a limited paint tournament in the woods? There is a reason the original tournament series abandoned the concept (hidden paint everywhere....).

eh, i think ramping is BS. its my person opinion. most woodsballers would agree, again for the reasons i stated before.

At the end of the day, progress is inevitable and you can't do much about the paintball arms race. Unless we go back to all using the exact same equipment with very real limitations.

Pump>ramp>semi = Math.

Darrin is putting on an SSPL style event this summer. AAF will be in attendence and we'll show you how they really "do it in the woods".
good luck in the woods at darrins place! i would be fun to see AAF rockin mech cockers ... i know you guys want to ...

Last edited by cockerpunk : 12-24-2007 at 12:33 AM.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:32 AM #29
rockindaratimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by el pengo View Post
Winners win and losers lose.

Pump>ramp>semi = Math.
spoken like a true nam vet
rockindaratimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:27 PM #30
WdlndScrtyCptn

[quote=timmyballer67 - "You will never win in an argument with cockerpunk, its like fighting a T-Rex, your going to get your *** kicked"

bigfatdanman - "it's impossible to argue with cockerpunk, he=facts."...[/QUOTE]

I have a Question. Why do you have these quotes under your posts? is that supposed to scare people when they argue or dispute your comments? It kinda childish don't you think? Didn't actually scare me just made my first impression very poor.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:55 PM #31
cockerpunk (Banned)
Show Me the Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by WdlndScrtyCptn View Post
I have a Question. Why do you have these quotes under your posts? is that supposed to scare people when they argue or dispute your comments? It kinda childish don't you think? Didn't actually scare me just made my first impression very poor.
the short answer-

becuase i am a know-it-all

the longer answer -

yeah, as if you couldn't tell. not that it is hard to best most of the kid on PBN. of coarse some argue that fighting over the internet is pointless, but i disagree. 5 years ago when i started playing pump paintball, no one even knew what a phantom was, or why anyone would want to play pump. now-a-days its commonplace at many feilds, and common knowledge even among the 14 year old kids who browse PBN. i attribute some of that to the internet paintball community. the way i figure it - one more paintball idiot i deal with via cyberspace, is one less i have to deal with in my face at a paintball field.

in exact paintball terms, i am a mechanical engineering student, who works in the industry (both paintball and "real" work) so i know my way around the technical aspects of paintball technology better than most. then i have been playing paintball for dang close to 10 years now, played about everything there is to play in paintball (besides nationally ranked stuff, burned out of tournaments and politics to quickly), so i know the history. also, i am an opinionated guy. ill listen (err, read) but if you ask my opinion, you'll get it. and many times when stupidity is present, ill voice my opinion even when im not asked.

in the end, like i said, im a know-it-all. thats really why. you'll notice on other (smaller and smarter) forums i dont have that as my sig that right there is a clear indication of why my sig is such. on PBN some consider me a smart guy, and on most of these other forums, im just another guy, mainly because the average intellect on most other paintball forums is much higher.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:19 AM #32
WdlndScrtyCptn

Respectable Answer. It was just my first impression. "BOWS"
Old 01-09-2008, 01:15 PM #33
bleda
MN Underground '09

bleda plays in the PSP
bleda is for the Gunfight
bleda supports Bob Gurnsey
bleda supports Sherwood Forest
bleda supports our troops
bleda plays in the APPA D4 division
The one thing i've found is that most woods ballers would agree ramping is BS...until they also get a gun that ramps and suddenly they're cool with it. RoF caps are the way to go to try to bring some parity to competitions whether its ramping or just capped semi.
bleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:17 AM #34
ishvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleda View Post
The one thing i've found is that most woods ballers would agree ramping is BS...until they also get a gun that ramps and suddenly they're cool with it. RoF caps are the way to go to try to bring some parity to competitions whether its ramping or just capped semi.
nahhh there is other ways...we can always go back to the classics

as for the rules go we came up with a plan that should "try" and make everyone happy
ishvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 12:46 PM #35
jimy

We'll see you there Krutsie. Just let us know more info as the game develops.