PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 12-18-2007, 03:34 PM #1
WdlndScrtyCptn

Looking for teams to join a Scenario Woodsball League in Rochester Area

summer season 2008 (March-Sept) 10 Man Scenario Paintball League Has a few team openings . Up for a challenge?
Team requirements
10 players with one designated Captain(10 total)
no Guns More than 15 balls a second

There will be a team entrance fee to Guarantee all teams show up every game scheduled. We will be having Games every month throughout the Season in diferent wooded locations. Each 10 Man team will have objectives through out a 1 hour game. Each game allows a respawn every 15 minutes through out the game. There will be task pods through out the field with objectives to complete for extra points. These pods need to be returned to the Captain during the game(There is a judge present that witnesses the pod opened by the Captain).There are three bases (red base,Blue Base, and a neutral Base) You must go to and hold the neutral base for points.(SPPL style rules)
Question: what does the entrance fee go towards?
Answer: at the end of the season we will have a finals where every team fights for the Jackpot.
1st Place: Cash (no amount yet)
2nd Place : Cash(no amount yet)
3rd Place: Sponcer Gift
Best Sportmanship award of the season
and prizes through out the day.

Let me know If anyone is up to the challenge.
www.woodlandsecurity.net
WdlndScrtyCptn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2007, 04:51 PM #2
Yama

Yama is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
No team, but anytime you guys need an extra guy, drop me a line. Scenario rocks.
Yama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 06:07 PM #3
ishvan

Yama throw me your info
name ph#
i can give you a headsup when we get somthing going or when i go up to splat tag
ishvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:08 PM #4
cutstep
Minnesota

Annual Supporting Member
cutstep is playing at Living Legends III
cutstep owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cutstep is for the Gunfight
cutstep supports Sherwood Forest
what does no guns faster then 15 per second.... all guns can shot that fast or faster....
cutstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:18 PM #5
cockerpunk (Banned)

i beleive SPPL rules are 15 caped. dont quote me on it, im not sure of the rules, i just read that once.
cockerpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:16 AM #6
Yama

Shooting anymore than 15bps will probably give your position away also. It's a very unique sound shooting that fast.

Scenario takes patience.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:44 AM #7
ishvan

yes sppl rule don't allow markers to shoot over 15bps, not saying you can't use the marker but thier will be limitations (ex:using a hopper that can't feed over 15 bps) this is to help over shooting or ppl using breakout/panic mods.

yes i know it doesn't stop being able to reach over 15 bps but it does help.

as far as the league that Kurtsie is setting up. i think we settled on running by sppl rules.
http://scenariochallenge.com/fullrules.asp
Old 12-21-2007, 01:41 AM #8
el pengo

el pengo plays in the PSP
el pengo owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
el pengo plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yama View Post
Shooting anymore than 15bps will probably give your position away also. It's a very unique sound shooting that fast.

Scenario takes patience.

What?

Shooting, in general, will "give your position away".

What takes real patience is reading the posts of people on here with no idea what they are talking about.

Paintball is paintball. Good players are good players. Doesn't matter the context or the equipment.

The 15bps "cap" was designed with parity in mind. An ill-conceived attempt to "level the playing field". Unfortunately it is poorly enforced with the current SPPL rules. A MUCH simpler and effective solution would be a straight PSP style ramp limit, 15.4 or lower. This allows people to use any equipment they want (ie hoppers) while still putting a measureable limit on ROF.
el pengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 07:22 AM #9
cockerpunk (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by el pengo View Post
What?

Shooting, in general, will "give your position away".

What takes real patience is reading the posts of people on here with no idea what they are talking about.

Paintball is paintball. Good players are good players. Doesn't matter the context or the equipment.

The 15bps "cap" was designed with parity in mind. An ill-conceived attempt to "level the playing field". Unfortunately it is poorly enforced with the current SPPL rules. A MUCH simpler and effective solution would be a straight PSP style ramp limit, 15.4 or lower. This allows people to use any equipment they want (ie hoppers) while still putting a measureable limit on ROF.
there are two reasons that would never fly -

1. SPPL is a bunch of speedball haters. they are trying there best to separate themselves as far from tournament speedball (or Xball) as possible. the meere mention of ramping at an SPPL event would be crazy talk.

2. ramping is stupid

really, if they want to cap ROF, instead cap volume of paint. that way you can shoot as much as you like, but as time goes on, you wont have that crutch. so much easier to ref, to enforce, and makes the logistics of the event o muh easier.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:10 AM #10
Yama

el pengo, buddy. I didn't mean to start anything, just pointing some things out. That is what the internet and pbnation is for.

You need to think about which side you are fighting for. I <3 everybody in the Upper Midwest. Straight Up.

"What takes real patience is reading the posts of people on here with no idea what they are talking about."

You didn't just offend me, but a lot of other people from Minnesota.

I'm not some 20 year old that had mommy and daddy pay for all my paintball gear. I paid for every penny of my gear, my parents never helped out one bit. They have only seen me play paintball once, and that was out at Hanger 18. They didn't even come watch me play tournaments. Mostly because they have "other" things to do. I've been playing for 7 years. Yes, it was the good old days, back then with the pumps, and pistols. Now I own 2006 Ego, and not because I'm a speedball freak.

"If you can't beat em, join em!"

-Peace

Last edited by Yama : 12-21-2007 at 08:20 AM.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:12 AM #11
ishvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
there are two reasons that would never fly -

1. SPPL is a bunch of speedball haters. they are trying there best to separate themselves as far from tournament speedball (or Xball) as possible. the meere mention of ramping at an SPPL event would be crazy talk.

2. ramping is stupid

really, if they want to cap ROF, instead cap volume of paint. that way you can shoot as much as you like, but as time goes on, you wont have that crutch. so much easier to ref, to enforce, and makes the logistics of the event o muh easier.
lol spoken like a true speedballer
heck i played tourny speed for 4 years.... loved every minute of it, i still miss it. I now play sppl and i love it to. both game play bring a lot of good skills to a persons game play. i just find it funny that i have heard reason #1 since i first stepped out on a paintball field in the spring of 93 when i started playing, and everyone who i play with has shown no "hate" for the other side. they just don't like playing do to woods being to slow or speed being to fast.

as for ramping...
well it does what its spose to do...

CAPPING PAINT! shhh thats the worst thing i have ever heard..... i played mid back and now i'm a Heavy gunner.... my hole job is to bunker to allow flanks to move paint capping would be a bad thing for me tho it would allow me to play pump more often
Old 12-21-2007, 09:13 AM #12
cutstep
Minnesota

Annual Supporting Member
cutstep is playing at Living Legends III
cutstep owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
the reason smart corps won last years sppl is that they played like they were playing speedball. mind you Im not saying that its more fun that way but its more effective, stripping down to the bare essentials of weight and equipment and running the game like they were playing on an airball field paintballs flying like crazy. I would love to play if you guys are interested but I shoot a dm7... if I got a fasta hopper would that work for being able to play?
cutstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 10:20 AM #13
cockerpunk (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishvan View Post
lol spoken like a true speedballer
heck i played tourny speed for 4 years.... loved every minute of it, i still miss it. I now play sppl and i love it to. both game play bring a lot of good skills to a persons game play. i just find it funny that i have heard reason #1 since i first stepped out on a paintball field in the spring of 93 when i started playing, and everyone who i play with has shown no "hate" for the other side. they just don't like playing do to woods being to slow or speed being to fast.

as for ramping...
well it does what its spose to do...

CAPPING PAINT! shhh thats the worst thing i have ever heard..... i played mid back and now i'm a Heavy gunner.... my hole job is to bunker to allow flanks to move paint capping would be a bad thing for me tho it would allow me to play pump more often
no, agreed. im a hardcore speedballer. but i do play in the woods from time to time, and i enjoy that too. variety is the spice of life! its also typically the only place i really crave shooting a semi. pump in the woods sucks ...

a seriously i do think capping paint is the only thing that (besides stopping the accepence of cheating) that will make paintball into a sport. think about it, every other technology driven sport (like NASCAR) has caps on technology. F1 racing caps engine RPMs - effectively capping horsepower without actually capping HP and killing all forward progress. NASCAR restricts airflow, again, capping horsepower without killing the forward progress of engine design.

no to mention it eliminates so much work that the league has to do, with catching gun cheats and such. have your gun on whatever mode you want, breakout, ramping, it doesn't matter, if everyone has capped paint. while at teh same time, the goal of faster guns and faster hoppers is still an advantage (esp off the break). i mean i run a halo (on my electros) these day for no other reason, than there isn't much point in upgrading because i can't shoot any faster than it now. most poeple don;t care what gun they shoot as long as it hits 15, well thats out the window, because now off the break shooting faster than 15 could really help out. you'll pay for it tho if you can;t capitalize on that quick tho, because they other guys will have more potential in the later rounds.

and finally, semi play, even ramping, is just plane boring. sorry it just is. i mean we can sit and try to debate it, but the stats for paintball spectators and paintball on TV shows very conclusively that paintball is boring to watch. in almost any form. its because the modern gun makes is so easy to not lose. meaning, if your down, all you need to is cross it up, and shoot alot. then the game stalemates for a while. all the while the fans are waiting for something to happen, but everyone is just shooting at air, to prevent from losing.

now a paint cap would change that in many ways. no longer can you just cross it up and eat time up. simply because you don't have a practically infinite amount of paint to shoot. it would require you to move to gain the upper hand again. and guess what is the most fun thing to watch (and to do) in paintball? BIG MOVES!!!

now, admittedly this is a total pipe dream. why? because the paint companies own paint ball, bought and paid for. and they dont want to support a league that caps paint. the number you cap paint to is comparatively a smaller argument, but the action of capping paint is the big thing. i mean the number, hey give them a bunch of paint if you want longer and slower games, and give them a hopper and a pod if you want to see non-stop movement.

but, when was any paintball league setup for the good of the sport?

sad but true ... none of the leagues care one bit about the sport. even SPPL and OSC and such are just out there to make a buck.

EDIT - just finished my last final in Stats. can you tell i want to forget it?

Last edited by cockerpunk : 12-21-2007 at 10:25 AM.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:44 AM #14
DriverJ
Death is Coming...

Annual Supporting Member
DriverJ is BST Legit
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DriverJ supports Team VICIOUS
You make some very good points cockerpunk.

I think capping the rate of fire is a great thing. I too play Speedball, scenario and woods. I love the mix. Some days the slower pace of the woods is much nicer.

Capping the ROF like you said is much like the other sports caps and I see nothing wrong with. Hell what companies should now be aiming for since we are getting to the mechanical limits of the markers is efficiency. PE markers are pretty much the top in efficiency right now and they can probably still improve.

I'd be down for playing if it wasn't always so far away as Rochester. I'm from the NW suburbs of Minneapolis and would much like to see a Minnesota Scenario league where we can have events at various locations. I would even be open to helping organize events, or the league.( I won't lead the effort as I have too many other things going on, but I would be glad to be a part of the staff.)

Anyone who wants can PM me and request my AIM and I'm more than Open to discussing all of this.

As far as hate. I don't think its hate for either camp of the sport but certain players within the camps. The know it all Noobs from either camp. The cocky I'm better than everyone jerks. Its not one camp or the other but people within the camps.

If we do organize the league I will be pushing for strong penalties for cheating, be it via technology or old fashioned low tech wiping. Our sport just doesn't need that image.

I will however disagree with you CockerPunk in that I don't think Paintball on TV is boring to watch at all, but thats I guess cause I'm a PB Junkie. I can't get enough
DriverJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 01:07 PM #15
ishvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverJ View Post
You make some very good points cockerpunk.

yes i agree, the fun part about what we are trying to do is get players around our area to get together.... i know skyline has been doing that with speed ball we are trying to get woodsball up and going the same way.

as far as the rules nothing is set in stone. the sponcers we are using atm are the squads personal sponcer that are happy to see us pushing the sport and havn't put any restrictions on what or how we are working this. if players want to have a set amount of paint on the field we can always write that into the rules.
right now we are looking at tags not being worth that many points and we are leaning on getting missions completed and holding key point to be the bread and butter of this league.
that is also why we posted this up here before we had the rules set in stone to get feed back from people that are intrested in doing this and what they expect from us

Driverj as far as a league by the twin citys i do think splattag might be setting somthing up.. and i know that 1/2 the people from MNrat wanted us to do this league for all of MN, i just think that would be to much work and not sure how it would fly in the first year, we are trying to test the waters this year and see how it goes

check out
http://minnesotascenariopaintball.com/
you might be able to find somthing in your area
Old 12-21-2007, 01:24 PM #16
cockerpunk (Banned)

also, if you guys are really into scenario type stuff, i know both MN militia and Farmland paint ball club are both some crazy guys who play alot of scinerios and such. Damage Inc is the name they use when they are on the road. seriously, the msot fun you can have playing paintball is with RoBo and the guys from farmland. they might be a little old school, but they know how to rock it. the only reason im not a part of farmland is that i love play pump speedball so much.

i think farmlands website is www.farmlandpaintballclub.com and i dont know of MN militia, the only i know is that in the annual farmland vs militia game, farmland always wins ...
Old 12-21-2007, 01:26 PM #17
DriverJ
Death is Coming...

Annual Supporting Member
DriverJ is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
also, if you guys are really into scenario type stuff, i know both MN militia and Farmland paint ball club are both some crazy guys who play alot of scinerios and such. Damage Inc is the name they use when they are on the road. seriously, the msot fun you can have playing paintball is with RoBo and the guys from farmland. they might be a little old school, but they know how to rock it. the only reason im not a part of farmland is that i love play pump speedball so much.

i think farmlands website is www.farmlandpaintballclub.com and i dont know of MN militia, the only i know is that in the annual farmland vs militia game, farmland always wins ...

MN Militia has gotten themselves a negative image at some of the events I've been to, but I've never personally met any of the guys/girls.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:29 PM #18
ishvan

yep we have been talking with a few teams around the area and some have said they would commit just looking for groups we don't know about that are intrested in playing (wood/speed teams) that are looking for other people to play with and think this would be a fun experiance.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:33 PM #19
cockerpunk (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverJ View Post
MN Militia has gotten themselves a negative image at some of the events I've been to, but I've never personally met any of the guys/girls.
thats why farmland rocks ...

also, Damage Inc has more players than just the farmland guys, but the ones from damage that i know play with farmland.

heres a pic of robo (typical attire and marker setup)-

i mean how is it not fun to play witha crazy mofo like robo? i mean hes waring leather armor, and shooting a KP2 SC ...

another idea i just had ...

we should setup a road trip to castle conquest. i have always wanted to defend with the stock class paintball guys in the fall. there is suposed to be some wicked paintball, and even better parties at EMR that weekend.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:35 PM #20
Yama

"THIS IS SPARTA!!!" lol I mean paintball..... That's awesome dude.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:39 PM #21
DriverJ
Death is Coming...

Annual Supporting Member
DriverJ is BST Legit
I think i've met them before... Do they also run a dual A5 machine gun setup?
If thats them, they are definitely some cool guys, and very fun to play with.
ReplyRegional Ups