PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-16-2007, 09:36 PM #1
BlakMesa

ProStock or Trilogy Pro?

Hey everybody,

Im in the market for my first cocker, and was wondering which of these two I should get? Please list why you think your choice is better, also, I dont wanna buy YOUR cocker, no matter how good the deal is.
BlakMesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-16-2007, 10:21 PM #2
Tampa_USF2009
Mini Cooper S

read stickies...about trillies....read stickies bout real cockers...

you'l find specifics of:
Trilly's are less advanced or high-end. less potential/upgradable. cheaper. cheaper build to, but still a decent marker. For a rec-baller to a beggining player, as your primary at least.

Prostocks or real/true cockers are much better build. Can have endless upgrades. Much more tunable. Same price as trilly's really, nowadays at least.

You get what u pay for in long run.

Iv had a Karni and other high-ends and i would still like to have a Trilly Pro (or whatever is the best one) as a 'fun' gun for less serious games...but wouldnt stick with one if the competition heats up.
Tampa_USF2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:28 PM #3
Dead_Body

I'd go PS just because I'm not a fan of silver. But I had a Trilogy Pro for a short while and it shot great. No complaints at all... if only it hadn't been so damned silver....

Another factor is that the Trilogy frame didn't have the full set of adjustment screws for the trigger travel while the frame on the Pro Stock will have them. That makes for a huge difference in setting up the gun for minimal trigger throw and customizing it to suit you.

So that's two reasons to go Pro STock.

For a project gun the PS has more ability to swap stuff easily thanks to being a "normal" autococker. The TP has less options since things like the feedneck are part of the main body and swapping LPRs requires a bushing be bought.

But if you're handy then these issues are not a big deal and you can make or mod whatever you need to in order to make them work.

But because of the color I'd suggest going for a Tactical or other color.... unless you like... <shudder>... silver... <urp, gack!>
Old 12-18-2007, 08:34 AM #4
Yellowdart221

ya, I have an 04 Porstock, it's an older one but it's the best marker i've ever had. great accuracy, nice looks, easy to clean, and everything is stock on it. I have a friend who i got into autocockers and he bought a Trilogy Pro, I've used it and it's a pretty nice gun but it doesn't have as many features as mine does and it always needs a little bit more attention to take care of. So personally, I'd go for the Prostock.

"Outgunned is merely a state of mind"

"Even those who will be kings, your soul is in your keeping alone, when you stand before god you cannot say but I was told by others to do thus, or virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not sufice." -Baldin IV 'King of Jerusalem 1184
-"Kingdom of Heaven"
Yellowdart221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:58 PM #5
wsanders10
Nor-Calballers.com

i would say PS, i havent shot a Trilogy. But I know about the both of them. And its really just like what everyone else said. The Trilogy is a nice begginer gun and son. BUt It is limited to what you can do to it if you choose to do so. Also, the ProStock is much more tunable. You can do much more to it to make it more efficient and so on.
wsanders10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 06:36 PM #6
BlakMesa

Well, after reading all of your comments, I have decided to get a prostock, either 04 or 05. Thanks to everybody who helped, and no I have another question: where can I get one? I checked AV and the BST forums and they dont have any.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:48 PM #7
BlakMesa

Also, If I use an anti-siphon, my prostock will run okay on co2 right?
Old 12-19-2007, 12:02 AM #8
Dead_Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakMesa View Post
It'll be fine as long as you don't expect speedball like firing rates and long ropes of paint. And really if you use it for woodsball and shoot 60 or less a game like I often do then it'll be fine even without an anti syphon.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:02 PM #9
BlakMesa

Thanks alot Dead body, Youve been really helpful. Now if only I can FIND a stock 04 or 05 prostock...
Old 12-19-2007, 06:46 PM #10
HULKING WAR MACHINE

Quote:
Thanks alot Dead body, Youve been really helpful. Now if only I can FIND a stock 04 or 05 prostock...

Where you at?
Old 12-19-2007, 06:49 PM #11
BlakMesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULKING WAR MACHINE View Post
Where you at?
Central Florida. Why? You have one for sale?
Old 12-19-2007, 11:38 PM #12
HULKING WAR MACHINE

Quote:
Central Florida. Why? You have one for sale?

General joes here in so cal has some prostocks and I believe they ship... Hop on their website and contact them...
Old 12-20-2007, 08:12 AM #13
BlakMesa

Thnaks, I checked but they are going for 200 over there...Not such a great deal.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:30 AM #14
Dead_Body

Ebay no good for you?
Old 12-22-2007, 04:48 PM #15
BlakMesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Body View Post
Ebay no good for you?
there are only like, 2 on ebay, and they are both overpriced.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:47 PM #16
synntax_error
!_-!_~!_~!_~!_~!_~!_~!_~!

synntax_error has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I would go with them in this order:

05 prostock
trilogy
04 prostock

the trilly's are a nice shooting marker, lighter then the 04 prostocks, and feel better. No adjustments to really mess up, well, only the lug adjustment, which if you mess it up, is easy to get back to working order.

my daugher uses the trilly and I like shooting it, as do my friends, it really is a nice shooting mechanical marker.
synntax_error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 03:35 PM #17
Twizted Brain Wave
I suck at paintball

Twizted Brain Wave owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Autocockers in general, were made for Co2. As long as you're keeping it mechanical, then you should have no problem on Co2, anti-siphon or not. With the rates of fire that a mech cocker can shoot at, running Co2 will do just fine.
Electronic cockers (and electronic Trilogys) should not be used on Co2, whether or not it has an anti-siphon tube installed. It will ruin cause havoc on your noid, along with other things.

Be careful if you are running anti-siphon, that you don't use the bottle vertical (running it on a vert asa). Your anti-siphon tank will turn into a siphon tank, and suck all the liquid Co2 into the marker.
Also, if you are running Co2, be careful what you run when it comes to regulators. Most regulators are not built for Co2, and will ruin them. Air through, Palmers Stabilizers, and expansion chambers are what you'll want to run on your cocker then.

Quote:

Current Stable:
Angel A1 {Fly'd & Magno'd} - "2k9" PTP Micromag - CCM T2 - DM3 - Bob Long Millenium Spyder

WTT/WTS: PM me for details
Offer on any of the above
Twizted Brain Wave is offline   Reply With Quote