PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 12-13-2007, 05:18 PM #1
paintballprodigy

splatball

Is anyone going to be at Splatball on Friday the 21? I'll be going there for the first time.
paintballprodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2007, 07:16 PM #2
STPPaintballer

yea ill be there. i go every week

][nverted

Olive invert mini w/ gold kila products magnetic detents, virtue board, NDZ Derlin V2 bolt, Custom Products Pro barrel kit, Pure energy 45/45 tank, empire magna drive
STPPaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:31 PM #3
paintballprodigy

how is the field? how many people are there usually? is it semi auot or ramping?

Last edited by paintballprodigy : 12-13-2007 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:59 PM #4
MN_Rising
Stroppy Woman

MN_Rising owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MN_Rising supports Team VICIOUS
MN_Rising plays in the APPA D5 division
MN_Rising has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Semi Auto, I'd suggest wearing knee/elbow pads if you have them. My team was there a few weeks ago. There were about 10 people there. From Beginners to Those of us practicing for tournaments.
MN_Rising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:35 PM #5
STPPaintballer

i dont think you really need knee pads...then again i play there weekly so maybe im used to it...ehh w/e. but yea its semi capped at 15 bps at a velocity of 250fps or less and i wouldn't recommend supermaning in there and the other sliding will take a bit of gettin used to. where u from and where u usually play will make ur adjustment to the field different. but the staff is nice and were a bunch of fun guys.

][nverted

Olive invert mini w/ gold kila products magnetic detents, virtue board, NDZ Derlin V2 bolt, Custom Products Pro barrel kit, Pure energy 45/45 tank, empire magna drive
Old 12-13-2007, 09:47 PM #6
illvill

how are the fridays does it get a good group in i go on sundays and it can vary but still fun though great staff anybody going on sunday
illvill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:59 PM #7
STPPaintballer

Friday r better than sundays you get a better crowd on friday

][nverted

Old 12-14-2007, 08:25 PM #8
paintballprodigy

ok thanks.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:32 PM #9
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 is an NCPA player
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D5 division
I'm coming home for chirstmas leave and I'm debating whether to go play paintball somewhere... too bad my marker is in the shop.

This place got a website?

"If you're not shooting, moving or talking, you shouldn't be on the field."-Tyler Michaud
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE Pilot
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 09:55 AM #10
paintballprodigy

http://www.splatball.com/
Old 12-15-2007, 10:37 PM #11
killinguguy

hahahaha, all you people are fools!! i will say this once again, never play at splatball unless you aren't paying for anything to play. i warm you. dont waste your money! the floors are really slippery, bad lighting in places, cant move around, hard concrete floor, small, uneven, cant see cause the bunkers are were put together by drunk monkeys, not really, its louder than the metrodome was in the 87' world series, i think i covered about eveything that sucks. this place fails big time !!! oh and dont use their premium paint, its like a sauna in there and their paint is just a break fest, lastly some of the bunkers arent even stationed right or are incredibly deflated!

p.s. count on alot of cheaters, or people not going out cause they dont know they are hit, the refs are lazy and dont care about how the game goes, they are just there to make sure people dont kill eachother and give you refils and rental gear

man i just keep forgeting stuff, that website is horribly out dated, to anyone who cares, niether field is even close to what they show it as

Last edited by killinguguy : 12-15-2007 at 11:13 PM.
killinguguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:56 PM #12
MN_Rising
Stroppy Woman

The floors have been improved upon. and unless you've got cement on your feet you can move around just fine. You can bring your own paint so if you're going to ***** about that it's your own stupidity at work. Not everyone there cheats, last I was there the Refs DO check if someone says they think they hit you, and they don't just sit with t. Bunkers were well inflated, though set up in an unorthodox manner. Bunker placement is just fine, welcome to diversity. Noise just makes you learn to communicate better.

Not every website is up-to-date so that means absolutely nothing at all.

Sounds like You're describing AA's reffing staff and player base, might want to check your names, make sure that the lazy cheating sobs are playing at the right field.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:24 AM #13
killinguguy

well you have obviously not been there, much. please save your ignorance for people who dont know what they are talking about, maybe you can convience them, you obviously know hardly anything about playing paintball, nor how sbi is run on a general basis. the floor is hardly better, i know cause you have played on both the refinished and the old, plenty of times in each case. and umm, did you happen to notice with your, apparently obvious, bad eyes, that the tombstones are upsidedown, leaving your feet/knees open to almost anyone, yes i know they have to tie them to the ceiling, but thats not what they were ment for, oh yea there is anothing thing, there are 100s of strings hanging from the ceiling just waiting to catch a paintball that should have hit someone, and also, i did state that many people also dont know they are hit as well, not that they were cheaters and ahh i know evey ref at sbi, and i would say that about 15% offer paint checks, i have many stories that i can tell you, even at rogers, about the laziness of the refs. i have even heard it from many of the refs that they wont waste time checking paint cause they dont want to. and what do you mean communicate better, YOU CANT HARDLY HEAR YOURSELF SPEAKING IF THERE ARE MORE THAN 9 PLAYERS ON THE FIELD AT ONCE, and even then it is hard to HEAR yor teammates speaking. i have seen many people playing on and wiping hits, besides i never said everyone cheats, yea sometimes the bunkers are inflated properly, but that is sometimes, or not all are inflated properly, espescially when they have groups before open play. bunker placement is far from fine, there is only one dorito on the 'farside', there are tombstones just randomly placed, the 'nearside' backcenter has a big hole in the middle from tieing the two mini rollies together, the 'l's' are not bad but the short sections are usually deflated badly, the 'farside' left mini and left stand up, which is also tied close to a pillar and has a crack to be shot in the foot from, are usually deflated half way through open play, and there are large pillars in the way, not there fault i will admit, but they are combersome, . the only two "good" killing positions are 'l1 on the 'nearside' and graveyard1 on the 'farside'. the 'nearside' makes you run to your bunkers, while the 'farside' puts the bunkers at your feet. not that great, and did i mention that there are like 2 lanes of brake shooting you can do from eachside, maybe three in the 'nearside'.so yea there is your "fine" bunker placement and conditions of the bunkers. and yea moving on that floor is nearly impossible after a half hour of playing, even if you can get moving you just overslide your bunker or slam into it, there is a small amount friction meaning a small amount of acceleration, which then means you are in the open much longer, leading to you getting shot. infact having concrete on your feet might even help to increase the friction you place on the ground

and yes i do bring my own paint, that was a remark for those who rent. so the only stupidity at work is actually playing a sbi indoor, rogers isnt all that bad, as far as the fields are concerned.

Last edited by killinguguy : 12-16-2007 at 12:57 AM.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:42 AM #14
illvill

i've been going there for past two weeks yeah the floor is a little slick the bunkers are straight and the refs are cool and they do and will call you out if you get hit the place is well lit its a straight place to practice in and have FUN and i know everyone is entitled to their opinion but don't knock it till you try it for yourself
illvill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:48 AM #15
frankie frank
EKK Elite

Annual Supporting Member
frankie frank plays in the PSP
frankie frank owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
frankie frank supports Team VICIOUS
frankie frank plays in the APPA D4 division
frankie frank supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Rising View Post
Sounds like You're describing AA's reffing staff and player base, might want to check your names, make sure that the lazy cheating sobs are playing at the right field.
if you have a problem with the staff/reffs at a place bring to the owners/managers attention. dont sit on her and complain about

Kohn Player Rep
EKK Elite
Gearbag sale
10 oz Flying skull 3 peice HB and Renegade HB + soft goods sale

Last edited by frankie frank : 02-11-2008 at 12:04 AM.
frankie frank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:59 AM #16
killinguguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by illvill View Post
i've been going there for past two weeks yeah the floor is a little slick the bunkers are straight and the refs are cool and they do and will call you out if you get hit the place is well lit its a straight place to practice in and have FUN and i know everyone is entitled to their opinion but don't knock it till you try it for yourself

yea dude save your comments as well, i have been playing there for about 1-3 times a week for the past 9 months. i know that place well. i have even guested as a ref many times so i am there nearly 4 times a week on average. chances are i am the ref who calls you out, i know many hits will be missed, but to many hits are missed, we have up to 3 refs on the field at one time. and if you know the field layout you would understand 3 is enough, but somehow it isn'. like i said, 15% or so will be on the ball. the others no. in fact the players call people out more than the refs, only then does the rest of the ref core call someone out, and even then it doesnt always happen. i know cause i do it. and yea most of the lighting is ok, but take a look to the outside of the 'L' section and tell me about the lighting. like i said, sbi indoor is a place for new players or casual players.

Last edited by killinguguy : 12-16-2007 at 01:09 AM.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:57 AM #17
underdog2987
superhero for hire

and to get on topic now, i am sure many people will be there friday usually there are about 10-20 people there, like last friday, that was ridiculas. and well there are no limits on firemodes and rof, but we all like to keep it even, so its more based out of curtisy that you go semi and cap at 15, pads are always recommended, even tho you may not want to play on your knees, i have seen many people take some spills and mess the elbows or kness up pretty badly, so pad it up to be on the safe side.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:26 AM #18
PhantomGhost
Fraggle Rocker

Annual Supporting Member
PhantomGhost donated to help Peyton Trent
PhantomGhost supports our troops
PhantomGhost is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Killinguguy - Your form of typing, misspelling of simple words, and basic grammer are leading more people to think you are just some upset kid who doesn't like to lose and will complain because they have nothing better to do with mom and dads money.

I have been to Splat and had a friend working there for a couple years. You are correct in that some of the refs are lazy and the floors do get slippery. That is what happens with every company. Most refs are just there to "supervise" and keep things in line. If they see "obvious" cheating they will call them out. The floors are cement and when it gets covered in paint it will become slippery.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that is yours which is fine. Since you have nothing but bad things to say, why even show up. Just do not attend any events there.

Better yet, since you know everything, why not start your own Paintball business that will be perfect in every way. That way you can prove that you know everything about running a business and you will become the next big paintball genius!
Old 12-16-2007, 08:45 AM #19
MN_Rising
Stroppy Woman

Well said Phantom.

Quote:
well you have obviously not been there, much. please save your ignorance for people who dont know what they are talking about, maybe you can convience them, you obviously know hardly anything about playing paintball some logical argument would be nice, nor how sbi is run on a general basis. the floor is hardly better, i know cause you have played on both the refinished and the old, plenty of times in each case. I have been there my share of times, on both the new floor and the unfinished floor and umm, did you happen to notice with your, apparently obvious, bad eyes, that the tombstones are upsidedown Hence the 'unorthodox manner of bunker set-up, read much?, leaving your feet/knees open to almost anyone, yes i know they have to tie them to the ceiling, but thats not what they were ment for, oh yea there is anothing thing, there are 100s of strings hanging from the ceiling just waiting to catch a paintball that should have hit someone, and also, i did state that many people also dont know they are hit as well, not that they were cheaters and ahh i know evey ref at sbi, and i would say that about 15% offer paint checks Maybe it's because they know you and just don't care about you?, i have many stories that i can tell you, even at rogers, about the laziness of the refs. i have even heard it from many of the refs that they wont waste time checking paint cause they dont want to. and what do you mean communicate better, YOU CANT HARDLY HEAR YOURSELF SPEAKING IF THERE ARE MORE THAN 9 PLAYERS ON THE FIELD AT ONCE, and even then it is hard to HEAR yor teammates speaking. Apparently you're not the one who works on team communication. That's okay, someday a team might think you're worth teaching i have seen many people playing on and wiping hits, besides i never said everyone cheats
Quote:
p.s. count on alot of cheaters
, yea sometimes the bunkers are inflated properly, but that is sometimes, or not all are inflated properly, espescially when they have groups before open play. bunker placement is far from fine, there is only one dorito on the 'farside', there are tombstones just randomly placed, the 'nearside' backcenter has a big hole in the middle from tieing the two mini rollies together, the 'l's' are not bad but the short sections are usually deflated badly, the 'farside' left mini and left stand up, which is also tied close to a pillar and has a crack to be shot in the foot from, are usually deflated half way through open play, and there are large pillars in the way, not there fault i will admit, but they are combersome, . the only two "good" killing positions are 'l1 on the 'nearside' and graveyard1 on the 'farside'. the 'nearside' makes you run to your bunkers, while the 'farside' puts the bunkers at your feet. not that great, and did i mention that there are like 2 lanes of brake shooting you can do from eachside, maybe three in the 'nearside'.so yea there is your "fine" bunker placement and conditions of the bunkers. So, because the field isn't set to your standards it's not fine? Go open your own field and quit *****ing so much about theirs with unreliable arguments and yea moving on that floor is nearly impossible after a half hour of playing, even if you can get moving you just overslide your bunker or slam into it, there is a small amount friction meaning a small amount of acceleration, which then means you are in the open much longer, leading to you getting shot. infact having concrete on your feet might even help to increase the friction you place on the ground Well, must be your movements because I had no problems getting from one side of the field to the other very quickly. Learn better balance - I suggest doing some running practices on ALL types of 'base' ice and sand included.

and yes i do bring my own paint, that was a remark for those who rent. so the only stupidity at work is actually playing a sbi indoor, rogers isnt all that bad, as far as the fields are concerned.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:49 AM #20
MN_Rising
Stroppy Woman

Quote:
im sorry you feel like that. but i think our reffs their do a good job. some better then others. but then again we only have like 2-4 refs working
on a single day and after standing on your feet for about 6 hours with littel to no breaks inbetween games your feet do start to hurt and u do start to get a littel sloppy on ur calls but what reff dosent
I've just had nothing but bad experiences whenever I've played there and knowing some of the teams that frequent the field and in knowing their mannerisms and habits, it's just somewhere I don't bring my teams. -shrug-
Old 12-16-2007, 09:06 AM #21
DriverJ
Death is Coming...

Annual Supporting Member
DriverJ is BST Legit
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DriverJ supports Team VICIOUS
I've been to Splatball Inc. in Minneapolis several times and while the field isn't the best I would rather return there then head to AA.

The Ref's are friendly and very talkative at Splatball, and as with any good open play ref they check hits when asked. This isn't a "tournament" field. Its more just to get out for the love of the game.

While the floors at Splatball do suck when it gets covered in paint so does a Turf field. Its the nature of the game. Learn to cope or get off the field.

Its easy to ***** about indoor fields when most of the year we play on grass outside, but learn to make the most of the surroundings.

If you want tourney refs, goto tourneys.

As far as cheating: I've seen far less cheaters at Splatball Inc than I have at other fields. AA being the worst offender (those refs need to step it up a bit,as I've seen cheats wiping right in front of them)
Cheating happens everywhere, get used to it.

Back on topic: I might head down to Splatball on that day too wouldn't mind getting a good sized group out to play.
DriverJ is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups