Old 12-30-2007, 02:01 AM #85
BarneyNY
I'm the Purple guy!

Annual Supporting Member
BarneyNY is a Supporting Member
BarneyNY owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
Doubtful, as most of these oldschool tactics, as well as role playing go unseen to 90% of the players.
I agree, oldtimer, you're over playing the old school stuff. Most of the players don't even know it's being played even less with the new Refs.
WestPoint 2005 Battle of Bastogne MVT (RT Raiders); 2006 Spring Game VC - MVP; 2008 Battle of Bulge German - Co-MVP; Skirmish 2007 Staligrad Russian - MVP; HiVi 2008 Death Before Dishonor - Sportsmanship; StrategyPlus 2009 WOA - Co-MVP; 2010 Legion - MoFo; 2011 Russian Front - Russian MVP; 2012 Quickshot - Divided Front - MVP; EMR 2013 March Meltdown - MVP
www.bluescrewtv.com; www.emrpaintball.com; www.cousinspaintball.com; www.paintballsportsny.com
BarneyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-30-2007, 02:19 AM #86
10-shot kid

What if winning makes people act that way? Like at the last ION... We should remove the point system entirely!

What if losing makes people act that way? We should make it so no one loses!

What if being shot by multiple paintball guns at once causes people to act that way? No more big games!

What if just being a total POS makes people act that way? We should kick them out, issue solved.

Seriously, when one person does something we all agree is totally wrong, like cheating, shooting hot purposefully, launching reballs, etc. Everyone goes "oh it must have been X that caused them to do it!" No you bleeding prat it's the friggen POS themselves. Would it suprise you if it turned out a decent amount of people show up to large events with the intent of hurting other people? I know that generally, at fields where saftey and standards of play are not inforced, more walkons than most would guess show up only intending on causing pain to the other side because that's fun for them.

It's the unfortunate biproduct of growing paintball at any cost and letting in younger and younger players. Don't blame me because I outplayed you some game long ago that I bloody forgot for people,
1. Taking the game too bloody personally
2. Ignoring the rules and inserting their own code everyone else must follow
3. Faster and faster guns +larger and larger groups leading to exactly what your talking about
4. Rampant unsafe play and cheating at fields nationwide because honestly, no one really gives a hoot, they just want to tack cool buzzwords onto their blog or team website (honor, honesty, integrity, commitment, rah rah rah). I could tell you beyound a reasonable doubt "that is the most unsafe field in the history of paintball" and a majority of people would still go if the field stroked them the right way.
5. wholoping little kids because, oh yea, you let them in.
6. shooting reballs because if the field really made everyone consistantly stop to crono in and check hoppers you wouldn't stand for the inconvenience.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:53 PM #87
radical22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBOldTimer View Post
You do realize that the only thing this thread does is make a ref's job become a nightmare! There's a difference between thinking outside the box, and manipulating the rules in such a way so as to create an unpleasant atmosphere. Then when someone falls victim to the tactics displayed on this "how to thread," hostility is created. And what does one do with that hostility? They wipe, they play-on, and possibly fire re-balls. Then after the game, we all read about how a bunch of jerks were wiping, playing-on, and firing re-balls. So the next time you become the brunt of someone's hostility, stop a moment and think which rules you manipulated to cause this hostile person to become hostile in the first place.
So when someone gets mad when I barrel tag them and they walk away then shoot me, it is my fault? When they ask me "What color team are you?" and I lie and I shoot them in the back because they believed me and let me walk by, and they get pissed at me, I must be to blame, not their lack of skills or common sense or paranoia but because mean ol me tricked them and that is not right?
I am out there playing to have fun, you get me by trickery, more power to you. Try the same stuff again and you get shot. I hope most people that read this at least learn that this is scenario paintball, not speedball, not tourney but scenario, a thinking persons game. This is 10 shot bragging about what he has done, hell, some of it is so awesome it is worth a beer if I ever meet him, look at it, learn it and you can't be fooled by someone else doing the same stuff. Personally if he did it to me, I would be mad at myself for playing the fool, not at him for doing it to me.
Cheaters cheat for what ever reason they can imagine. "I saw someone wiping, so I will", "He over shot me so I will..." " The paint sucks" "my team sucks" " TB, is on the other team". It is all bull and you and I both know it. Do not blame 10 Shot for this post, or even his style of play, like I said, Learn it or at least learn from it and become a better player.
radical22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:54 PM #88
radical22

BTW 10 shot the beer offer is for real if we ever meet.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:59 PM #89
10-shot kid

sweet, thanks radical.

Just to point out the intent of this post wasn't as much to "brag" but to hand down the skill set to new players through the new paintball medium of communication. Of course the internet replacing on field teaching of new skills would be a topic for an entirely diffrent thread but it's simply my personal opinion that, for the most part, newer players (as in 1st or 2nd year players) are far less open to instruction on the field than they are via the internet, magazines, whatever. Someday I'll make a post about that when I feel like it. Cheers
Old 12-30-2007, 09:10 PM #90
radical22

Oh, I wasn't knocking you with the brag comment, sorry if you saw it that way, I was typing in English and explaining to my wife in Spanish what I was replying to and ran out of words.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:12 PM #91
radical22

BTW is the cigar place in your Sig good? I am in Norwich at the moment and do all my cigar shopping online now.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:02 PM #92
10-shot kid

It's a great cigar shop. They keep all their cigars perfectly, have brands you can't find elsewhere, have a great lounge, and the two guys that own/run it are awesome. It's not so much of an online distributor though so while you get a 10% discount of cigars bought when over 20 your not going to find the blowout sales you do online.

That said I feel much safer plopping down 200 bucks or so a month at a shop where I know the cigars are well kept and if I get a bad one for whatever reason they'll refund me. Also I know I'm not getting the "secounds" that so many online retailers sell. That said if I was an online shopping person when it came to cigars I'd personally use them for buying premium brands only and get the more mass distrubuted ones from online retailers for cheap. I don't buy online though because I'm one of those "brick and mortar" shop supporters for various personal ethical reasons

It's by far the best place in syracuse for buying cigars straight out and it has the only proper lounge.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:08 PM #93
cornchips
got any dip?

cornchips is playing at Living Legends III
10shot i just finished reading your guide i gotta say you are one smart ****er i take my hat off to you
Joey aka Cornchips #12 proud member of Team Predator
teampredator 2008-Battle of the Bulge MVT
Sponsored by Predator's Den Paintball Supply, Newton, NJ
"Originally posted by PyroManiac:
TeamPredator - your reputation as an honest, hard hitting relentless bunch of killers are well deserved. I feel sorry for anyone that has to go up against a full squad of your team!
*The views expressed by Shag77 are not necessarily that of Team Predator. Any similiarites between persons live or dead is merely coincidental-Predator Legal
cornchips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 10:31 PM #94
Boba Ferret

Boba Ferret is playing at Living Legends III
That's Epic, that's all I have to say. Thanks for a new way to play.
Boba Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:27 PM #95
rollin904

lame
Old 12-31-2007, 02:41 AM #96
phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon is a Supporting Member
This honestly makes me sad. As far as I can telly our changing th way the game is played so that you can create your own class with your own gray area rule book. Look I have a love for going out and shooting a person and watching them walk off the field. If you dont have that love then why are you playing paintball. Paintball is a game of tag with paint filled balls. Nothing more Nothing less.

If you have to create your own gray area rule book to change the game thats just wrong. THe person or persons runnign the event have a certain idea in mind as to how the game should be played. If you have to change the game so much as to "find" an id card for your advantage dont you think that was not how the game was intended to play.

Also i would be more worried about a safty issue here. As in causing confusion and i bet a fight. I have seen many fights at fields for much less and i know i would not want to see one at my games or anythign that could led to a fight...

plain and simple this is a game nothing more. If you cant use your role playing within reason then your not fit to walk onto my field or anyone elses. If you try to make their experience worse then that is not right plain and simple.

you seem to say that the stealing thing is no big deal... However if i were to take a persons hopper and walk off with it but then give it back whent hey go tellt he manager am I any better than you?

How about if i steal their wrist band so they cant play? Its a prop as you said with some fields... But since you cant clearly draw a line it should not be tested...

However im not againt role playing for example the story about the props the team placed on the field were great and they were hardly as gray ruled as yours... were you "steal" an id or wrist band
Old 12-31-2007, 02:51 AM #97
10-shot kid

here's a much better way to post the majority of grievances so far,

"I didn't read your post or comprehend it past the first and last sentence of every paragraph but I know your wrong! My friend told me so! I also obviously have no clue what the diffrence between a scenario and a big game is, but your wrong! Your the type of player that's responsible for all the bad players on the field! I hate you, you'll never play at a game I have controll over again, and your a big meanie! waaaaaaaaaaa"

cry me a river, I'm done responding to the same questions posted over and over again that are already adressed in the original post. If your too lazy to read or can't comprehend written word above the sixth grade level my posts are not for you. Sorry. Someday, if I get paid by someone to be a professional internet poster, I'll take the time to make everything dumbed down and easy to comprehend in all my posts. But I don't so,

cry me a river.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:53 AM #98
things2auction
Your AD here - $5

has been a member for 10 years
things2auction plays in the PSP
things2auction plays in the APPA D5 division
Great Guide! It was fun to read
things2auction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:45 AM #99
paintballer231
Avalanche Canada/FS Swarm

paintballer231 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballer231 supports Team VICIOUS
paintballer231 supports Sherwood Forest
I find thing whole guide quite interesting along with this whole thread,andon a side note:this is my definition of "improving a game"(A huge plan that takes hours and careful execution to pull off,how is that not improving the scenario game expirence,afterall you are trying to replicate a historical moment in time.)Spys didnt do this in actual war

Last edited by paintballer231 : 12-31-2007 at 06:48 AM.
paintballer231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:00 PM #100
shawtech30
PEW PEW

I'm just glad you wear that suit so I know to shoot you if you come near my base! My team or not...And yes I'm kidding...

East Coast Riot R.I.P.

makin the comback this year, hit me up if u wana ball.
shawtech30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:14 PM #101
PBOldTimer
Yeah, I'm that Ref

PBOldTimer owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
PBOldTimer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The problem with this thread is that it reads like a "how to" manual. How to what?... well "play like a SCUMBAG." These are your words, 10-Shot. YOU used the word "scumbag" because you know that these tactics are underhanded and shady. You didn't outplay anybody. You manipulated the rules to suit your own purposes. Now how many people are going to read this thread and think this is the coolest thing ever. Then they'll pass out this information so as to become widespread. Then instead of just several people employing these tactics, we have scores or hundreds. What will THAT scenario game be like? You must remember that I'm looking at this from a ref's point of view. Anytime a player boasts about manipulating the rules (or taking advantage of grey areas) it puts my panties into a twist. As far as others thinking I'm over dramatizing this issue becasue not many people know about these sort of tactics and therefore won't become upset by them... just take a look at how many hits this thread has. Each hit a another potential "scumbag."
Old 01-02-2008, 02:49 PM #102
JFBomber
Joint Fury Plank-Owner

Another nail in the scenario coffin.........God forbid you know the rules and use them to your advantage........What we really need is a scenario "Rule Book" that reads, and is about as long as, Tolstoy's "War & Peace". That should make the paste-eaters happy........
Charmin
Nachos
The Question Mark "?" TM
AND our Newest Sponsor.........GOO be GONE! (For when the paste-eaters take over your local paintball game)

JOINT FURY: TERRORIZING THE PAINTBALL COMMUNITY AT LARGE SINCE 1996
JFBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:51 PM #103
JFBomber
Joint Fury Plank-Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer231 View Post
I find thing whole guide quite interesting along with this whole thread,andon a side note:this is my definition of "improving a game"(A huge plan that takes hours and careful execution to pull off,how is that not improving the scenario game expirence,afterall you are trying to replicate a historical moment in time.)Spys didnt do this in actual war

Nope.......in reality, they were responsible for much worse........
Charmin
Nachos
The Question Mark "?" TM
AND our Newest Sponsor.........GOO be GONE! (For when the paste-eaters take over your local paintball game)

JOINT FURY: TERRORIZING THE PAINTBALL COMMUNITY AT LARGE SINCE 1996
JFBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:27 PM #104
PBOldTimer
Yeah, I'm that Ref

PBOldTimer owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
PBOldTimer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
It wouldn't matter how thick you make the Scenario Rules Book since very few people read the one-page Rules Sheet we have anyway.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:50 PM #105
Nameless Wonder

^ I agree. After reading the 3-page packet I was given at a scenario, I knew more than the refs did.
ReplyScenario Ups