Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-25-2014, 01:15 PM #1
hwakuso

Is the DM 14 worth the money

I am a recreational paintball player. I have been playing paintball with my 2013 reflex rail which I like a lot. One of my friends just recently purchased a DM 14 and I had a chance to shoot it. I loved the gun and I wanted to know if it would be a big enough improvement to justify 1300 on a marker.
hwakuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-25-2014, 01:18 PM #2
empire pb2
Dont Hate The 918

empire pb2 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
empire pb2 supports Team VICIOUS
empire pb2 posts videos on PbNation
empire pb2 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
It's a night and day difference. Well worth the money
Old 08-25-2014, 02:32 PM #3
jojo750
retired again 03-30-2014

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
jojo750 donated to help Peyton Trent
jojo750 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jojo750 supports Team VICIOUS
jojo750 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
You should look around.
Dm14 can be found used for less than $800.
Don't spend 1300.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:33 PM #4
jojo750
retired again 03-30-2014

Annual Supporting Member
But yes.
It is a great maker given the price range now for the 14s.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:49 PM #5
Razgriz2006
BG Falcon

Razgriz2006 plays in the APPA D5 division
A very good choice in the $7xx-$899 range
Razgriz2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:02 PM #6
Luigi Speed 05
PBN made me a gun whore..

Luigi Speed 05 plays in the PSP
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the APPA D4 division
Luigi Speed 05 supports DLX Technology
14s are worth less than 1k even before you open the box.
if you plan on keeping it, then it's fine. I'd still go used tho

$outh Beach Pimp$ sponsored by: Planet Eclipse, SobePaintball, Deadly Wind, Ninja Paintball & The Ford Report

DaLuxeMob
Luigi Speed 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:53 PM #7
icygrip
^rs

Annual Supporting Member
icygrip plays in the APPA D5 division
icygrip has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
icygrip has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
icygrip has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
As everyone else stated basically buy used for some reason people are hell bent on killing the resale of these guns really fast this year lol. They are quitter smoother, and more tunable. When you get one set up right they are really impressive. The 14 is my favorite model so far.
icygrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:18 AM #8
BP0019
Hooligans Paintball

BP0019 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BP0019 plays in the APPA D4 division
BP0019 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
BP0019 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I haven't shot a DM since the DM12 however this is my philosophy on buying guns. The DM or any gun is not worth the price they cost new, buy used and save a ton especially with DM's; however, if it is the gun you know you love and are going to keep I would buy new but I would be 100% sure before dropping that kind of cash on one. I gun whored for a long time and settled on a gun I loved (for me it was a Geo) As soon as the 3.1 came out I ordered one new. Then before it shipped I upped my order to a GSL. Bought it BNIB for $1850. Was it "worth it" hell to the no. I've had several guns over the years and they all shot paintballs at 300fps at a rate of 12.5 bps, but I don't regret it because the GSL is the gun for me. There is something about opening a brand new gun and knowing you are the only person who will ever own it. It gives you a sense of pride. If you do decide to buy new I would hold off and see if they release a DM15 at cup.
Vypr GSL #658

Last edited by BP0019 : 08-26-2014 at 03:23 AM.
BP0019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:14 AM #9
Parcel
Rope Spitter 3.0

Parcel owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Parcel plays in the APPA D4 division
Parcel has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Parcel has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I will never buy a new marker. people are too finicky and are ready to throw down major cash for a marker so they can say they have the newest and best there is. Like b.p said they all shoot 300fps and most shoot 12.5. stick with your reflex. I have a reflex 14 a pmr 10 and a dm13. paid less then 900 for 3 markers that work amazing. always shop around dude. or better yet wait till after cup and I bet dye, Pe and whatever other brand will be putting out new stuff. thus, people get rid of the "old junk" capitalize off their loss!!!!
Parcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:14 AM #10
fidai

I love my DM14, just clean/Lube after every game and you have a marker for life. Also you can get DM14 with 20% price cut now.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClf...gcYtq8o7lEkrmA
fidai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:29 PM #11
PntBllJnky22
iMehrab

PntBllJnky22 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PntBllJnky22 plays in the APPA D5 division
Yes ofcourse but get a used one. A friend of mine yesterday picked up my dm11 and told me he thinks his dm14 is too big compared to my dm11 . but I know he still loves his dm14

that being said I played with my pmr ul yesturday too and it shoots better than my dm11.

and the pm is for sale lol

Last edited by PntBllJnky22 : 09-01-2014 at 01:32 PM.
PntBllJnky22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:30 PM #12
campeao1

campeao1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Thumbs down Dm. 14 worthed 150 to 300 in my opinion

I just received mine and it blows my Mind how cheaply made this marker is.

They were able to make the worst grip and the worst asa in history of paintball and install it in the same marker. Then dye put their ball deterrent in an plastic tube that I suspect will crack. The trigger has a huge spring . Again cheaply made . Then the bolt out of back was sooo stuck that I had to stick a rod in the barrel end to push it out. The manual says that if you don't use it for long u need to ply it out w a wood. Seriously if they know that they should not have sold it .

It's in no way a high end marker. That asa alone is a huge give alway of how cheaply made this is. Plastic nob . Dm14 wow . Totally disappointed . I don't even care if it will shoot well it is so badly designed that I can't handle . Def not worthed 800 ( even used) empire axe and invert mini beats it in every aspect . That's why I put this in the middle to low range markers.
Dm 14
campeao1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:28 PM #13
Pakistani
VCU Rams

Pakistani is a Paintball photographer
Pakistani is an NCPA player
Pakistani is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Pakistani is Boss
Pakistani supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by campeao1 View Post

They were able to make the worst grip and the worst asa in history of paintball and install it in the same marker. Then dye put their ball deterrent in an plastic tube that I suspect will crack. The trigger has a huge spring . Again cheaply made . Then the bolt out of back was sooo stuck that I had to stick a rod in the barrel end to push it out. The manual says that if you don't use it for long u need to ply it out w a wood. Seriously if they know that they should not have sold it .

It's in no way a high end marker. That asa alone is a huge give alway of how cheaply made this is. Plastic nob . Dm14 wow . Totally disappointed . I don't even care if it will shoot well it is so badly designed that I can't handle . Def not worthed 800 ( even used) empire axe and invert mini beats it in every aspect . That's why I put this in the middle to low range markers.
Dm 14
The ASA, while not the best design, is designed for mid-low pressure. it works much much better when you dont use a high pressure tank on it.

everything else you said makes you sound like an idiot.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:29 PM #14
Razgriz2006
BG Falcon

Quote:

Dm 14
Can I buy it for $350 then?
Old 09-05-2014, 06:21 AM #15
fidai

Quote:

Dm 14
Can you we have a pic of your DM14 with your name on it? Perhaps we could buy it for a good price .

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClf...gcYtq8o7lEkrmA
fidai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 02:52 PM #16
campeao1

dm fans

stop hating on my honest first impression of the DM 14 that i own. that is my honest opinion. I bought the Dm 14 to find out what i thought about it. If you like the dm 14 say what you like about it . No need to come and hate on my comments.

Not everyone needs to agree with you .

I DEF do not think it is worth the high end marker price; when in my opinion it only offers middle range marker features.

Based on :
-Trigger spring
-Asa plastic knob ( terrible)
-Grip ( terrible)
-Eye pipe .
-Led Board
- bolt out of back needs improvement in my opinion . It got super stuck twice already

I want to mention the things that I do like about this marker :
_ Ul Barrel
_ the overall looks of the marker ( very pretty) and comfort
_feedneck
-Solenoid
-low pressure regulator

It is not a bad marker but when i think of high end marker I think about the best marker the company could make. There were too many mistakes like the asa and grip and trigger that I concluded it was not worthed a high end price.

that aside , look how beautiful this dm 14 is gets 5 starts for that
[IMG]http://[/IMG]

Last edited by campeao1 : 09-05-2014 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:29 PM #17
Razgriz2006
BG Falcon

Quote:
stop hating on my honest first impression of the DM 14 that i own. that is my honest opinion. I bought the Dm 14 to find out what i thought about it. If you like the dm 14 say what you like about it . No need to come and hate on my comments.

Not everyone needs to agree with you .

I DEF do not think it is worth the high end marker price; when in my opinion it only offers middle range marker features.

Based on :
-Trigger spring
-Asa plastic knob ( terrible)
-Grip ( terrible)
-Eye pipe .
-Led Board
- bolt out of back needs improvement in my opinion . It got super stuck twice already

I think the big hangup for us is the harping about the eye pipe. Eye pipes have been a thing for dye since 2007.

It all really just comes off as you at the very least not doing your research before hand.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:35 PM #18
campeao1

eye pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriz2006 View Post
I think the big hangup for us is the harping about the eye pipe. Eye pipes have been a thing for dye since 2007.

It all really just comes off as you at the very least not doing your research before hand.
my eye pipe was cracked , that was the research . def another weak point of the dm. what could be 2 dollars fix now will prob be 20.

Last edited by campeao1 : 09-05-2014 at 03:52 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:45 PM #19
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Its a fantastic marker but too meaty for my liking. They need to slim it down to NT status.

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:08 PM #20
jojo750
retired again 03-30-2014

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
my eye pipe was cracked , that was the research . def another weak point of the dm. what could be 2 dollars fix now will prob be 20.
eyepipes mainly crack from people tightening the barrel down too much. or not having a oring on the barrel back to prevent the overtightening. ive had eyepipes in my older guns that lasted for years before i just replaced from having scratches.
dont let the cracked eyepipe sour the dye line. that problem can be prevented.
and ans had eyepipes for $7+shipping.. you can just put the detent ring back on the new pipe.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:59 PM #21
Nashorn
What Does The Fox Say?

Annual Supporting Member
Nashorn is playing at Living Legends VII
Nashorn owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Nashorn supports Team VICIOUS
Nashorn has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Nashorn has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Nashorn supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo750 View Post
eyepipes mainly crack from people tightening the barrel down too much. or not having a oring on the barrel back to prevent the overtightening. ive had eyepipes in my older guns that lasted for years before i just replaced from having scratches.
dont let the cracked eyepipe sour the dye line. that problem can be prevented.
and ans had eyepipes for $7+shipping.. you can just put the detent ring back on the new pipe.
Thank you for sharing that. It never occurred to me that overtightening my barrel may have caused my eye pipe to crack. I will be more careful going forward.

I support Avid Extreme Sports
Nashorn is offline   Reply With Quote