Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2008, 10:42 PM #1
wekillsuckers15
the last of a dying breed
 
wekillsuckers15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 608
wekillsuckers15 supports Pev's Paintball
wekillsuckers15 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Wfoa

I think we should take a page out of carolina's book and make a WFOA,
have apoc, pe, neilsons, do it all, seige, bfg and more if their is more (idk) form one league for us wisconsin ballers to play in.

what do you guys think?
__________________

Bleed Blue
wekillsuckers15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2008, 11:03 PM #2
automagdude
 
 
automagdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NC
 has been a member for 10 years
automagdude owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
automagdude posts videos on PbNation
automagdude has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
automagdude has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
automagdude has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
automagdude has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Problem is who is going to organize this WFOA?
__________________
University of Wisconsin - Stout Paintball Team Alum
MAFing it up
"That is the last time I read the AGG forums in HK threads Pbnation. Dude, shot me in the face and it was not AGG."
RIP stcroixpaintball
http://www.garrettmaster.com/
automagdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:12 PM #3
benk08
 
 
benk08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Allis, WI
benk08 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
benk08 is an NCPA player
benk08 plays in the APPA D4 division
auto brings up a point who would organise that? reahl to do it maybe? but i think thats a great idea i would love to do that
__________________
Brewcity Factory
benk08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:14 PM #4
automagdude
 
 
automagdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NC
 has been a member for 10 years
automagdude owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
automagdude posts videos on PbNation
automagdude has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
automagdude has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
automagdude has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
automagdude has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Chris Reahl might need some help
__________________
University of Wisconsin - Stout Paintball Team Alum
MAFing it up
"That is the last time I read the AGG forums in HK threads Pbnation. Dude, shot me in the face and it was not AGG."
RIP stcroixpaintball
http://www.garrettmaster.com/
automagdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:18 PM #5
benk08
 
 
benk08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Allis, WI
benk08 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
benk08 is an NCPA player
benk08 plays in the APPA D4 division
well no doubt he would need help but i think he would be a good person to head it up like he runs the midwest NCPA so he has the experance i would say some one should ask him
__________________
Brewcity Factory
benk08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:23 PM #6
eforcegtid00d
factorypb
 
eforcegtid00d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MW
eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I'd imagine that running the NCPA, working with the PSP, and running registration for all those other leagues doesn't leave Chris with the kind of free time needed to run yet another league. Using the APPA for this league is probably the closest thing to help that you'll get from him.
__________________
Switching over to new account:
http://www.pbnation.com/member.php?u=103925
eforcegtid00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:34 PM #7
XxXFurYXxX
 
 
XxXFurYXxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Barneveld
Not to be dishopeful, but i can't see this happening anytime soon.
How many feilds in Wisconsin own a psp feild 3,4?
__________________
Rawr Like a LION.
GO BRETT GO
XxXFurYXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:35 PM #8
B4LL1n
Siege FTW
 
B4LL1n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 262
Thatd be awesome
B4LL1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:00 AM #9
BaconCHEEZBurger
 
 
BaconCHEEZBurger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXFurYXxX View Post
Not to be dishopeful, but i can't see this happening anytime soon.
How many feilds in Wisconsin own a psp feild 3,4?
Yea and when planet extreme cannot even draw in enough teams to play a 5man, and planet extreme being the mecca of tournament fields seeing how stinger is gone, I doubt any teams would play this.... Everyone has dreams of making a league, but no one will play any local tourneys and I cant figure out why? Also I cant figure out why people think a league will work.

Fields with xball

Seige
Jungle Cat
Nelson
Edge
Planet Extreme

im sure theres more like around the wi/mn border but thats like a 3-4 hour drive for most
BaconCHEEZBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:36 PM #10
XXstitch10XX
Otter
 
XXstitch10XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Wisconsin
yeah and it sucks for me who lives in the centeral wisconsin area
there are no fields here
the closest is greenbay where i see alot of the top teams
__________________
Competitive Edge

Gear Bag Sale, Masks, Gats, Pants, Jerseys etc.
XXstitch10XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:53 PM #11
715balla
 
 
715balla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: wi paintball
man it would be cool but i mean it would take a wile to astablish somthing like that
__________________
killin for 715ballas
715balla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:06 PM #12
M_Mac_21
Boom Boom
 
M_Mac_21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reedsburg, WI
M_Mac_21 plays in the PSP
M_Mac_21 plays in the APPA Pro division
M_Mac_21 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconCHEEZBurger View Post
Fields with xball

Seige
Jungle Cat
Nelson
Edge
Planet Extreme
Thats enough fields, the problem would be getting them all to agree to do something like this.
__________________
Follow Team BOOM on Facebook
| Empire | Guerrilla Air | Blast Camp |
M_Mac_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:49 PM #13
BaconCHEEZBurger
 
 
BaconCHEEZBurger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Well tournaments are suffering in WI. When field owners decide to run tournaments on the same dates as neighboring fields or even the week after it puts tournament players in a bind. Which one should they play? Then the teams who only practice dont even bother with tourneys or the teams who feel its a waste of money because theres no cash payout or not enough just ruin tournaments in WI more. If there is the cash payout how many teams could actually compete. I think if BOOM and other top teams came into the picture and started destroying less established teams the lower teams would quit. If you do divisions you'd thin the lines even more and may not be able to fill brackets. It'd just be a mess, and teams not willing to travel would be another problem. I think something like the DPO is good enough we all should just play that and if it grows it should expand to around the state why wouldnt it? It just needs to start small and it will help a lot if people actually get out and play tourneys so field owners will see that investing in an xball field or putting time into a league will be worth it and profitable.

tl;dr: not enough players, no one wants to travel, play dpo

/rant
BaconCHEEZBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:19 PM #14
Infinityonhigh
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Middleton, WI
i rly think this is a killer idea, i just wanna know why the field owners wouldnt do it? it would hlp their buisnesses for sure.
__________________
I wish i had a cool sig like everyobody else.
Infinityonhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:09 PM #15
Ion103
SEMPER VIC
 
Ion103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Ion103 plays in the PSP
Ion103 is an NCPA National Champion
Ion103 plays in the APPA D2 division
Ion103 is All In
honestly IMO..(not that it matters) A person who would be willing to run and organize a leauge would have to talk and negotiate the dates of all the events with the field owners,

Once agreed by all field owners that are willing to host an event , the Paint, entry fees, and prizes need to be figured out.

-like BYOP and Discount when you buy field paint. or just straight field paint, or just BYOP


-30% of Entry goes to Event Prize
-30% of Entry goes to Series Prize
-15% of Entry goes to Feild hosting event
-10% of Entry goes to the Series to put back into the leauge
-15% of Entry goes to REFS/Staff

- or some other combination of the Entry

A list of Divisions and Entry Prices
--------------------

D4-Xball (10min game, race to 4)-----$300
D4-5man (normal 5man)-----$250
D3-xball (14min game, race to 5)------$350
D3-5man (normal 5man)------$300
D4-3man Xball (8min game, race to 4)-----$175
D3-3man Xball (10min game, race to 5)-----$225

I would stick with Xball as there isnt any Xball events in the midwest.


Brackets/Ranking
---------------------

-First 2 Events will be Random bracketing. (within your division)
-After that every Event will be bracketed based on current Series points.

-Brackets for Xball will be 3 Matches for each team (4 teams per Bracket)
-"X" amount of teams from each bracket move on. (by Point margin)
-Then its a single elimination Tournement after (Quaters,Semis,Finals)

Example-

Br-A Br-B Br-C
(1) (2) (3) /
(6) (5) (4) /
(7) (8) (9) /
(10) (11) (12) /

-Top team from each bracket PLUS 1 wild card (SEMIS)
(1) vs (4) and (2) vs (3)

(FINALS) (1)vs(2)---1st place and (3)vs(4)---3rd plce

-Brackets for 5man will be 8 games for each team
-"X" amount of teams from each 9 team bracket move onto Ochos or Quarters
-Once into Semis, it will be a 2 out of 3 games

Which teams can compete in a division?
---------------------------------------

-Use APPA as it is easy to track players
-If your team Placed top 3 in a current PSP/NPPL event during the current "WFOA" season, you have to bump up into next division.
-Same number of D2 players allowed on a D3 roster as the PSP allows

RULES
---------

-Base all Xball and 5man Rules off of the PSP Rule Book.
-Series points will be the same as PSP

-Make it that atleast "X" amount of teams compete in each division or entry dividends will be adjusted



Once all this is complete (rules,divisions,brackets,entry,prizes,dates,locat ion,paint) the series can start
__________________
(NCPA) ~UW-WhItEwAtEr KiLLuMaNi~ 2009 NCPA AA NATIONAL CHAMPS
(NCPA) UW-Milwaukee
(PSP) BOOM
UW-Whitewater Paintball Team - KEE/EMPIRE

Last edited by Ion103 : 08-28-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Ion103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:17 PM #16
benk08
 
 
benk08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Allis, WI
benk08 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
benk08 is an NCPA player
benk08 plays in the APPA D4 division
i think it wouldnt be a good idea for xball some teams dont have enough players so they couldnt play?
__________________
Brewcity Factory
benk08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:32 PM #17
Ion103
SEMPER VIC
 
Ion103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Ion103 plays in the PSP
Ion103 is an NCPA National Champion
Ion103 plays in the APPA D2 division
Ion103 is All In
Yes but Xball would attract teams outside of Wisconsin. if you dont want to play Xball then play 5man.

its just a list of divisions...not all have to be played
__________________
(NCPA) ~UW-WhItEwAtEr KiLLuMaNi~ 2009 NCPA AA NATIONAL CHAMPS
(NCPA) UW-Milwaukee
(PSP) BOOM
UW-Whitewater Paintball Team - KEE/EMPIRE
Ion103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:35 PM #18
Infinityonhigh
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Middleton, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion103 View Post
honestly IMO..(not that it matters) A person who would be willing to run and organize a leauge would have to talk and negotiate the dates of all the events with the field owners,

Once agreed by all field owners that are willing to host an event , the Paint, entry fees, and prizes need to be figured out.

-like BYOP and Discount when you buy field paint. or just straight field paint, or just BYOP


-30% of Entry goes to Event Prize
-30% of Entry goes to Series Prize
-15% of Entry goes to Feild hosting event
-10% of Entry goes to the Series to put back into the leauge
-15% of Entry goes to REFS/Staff

- or some other combination of the Entry

A list of Divisions and Entry Prices
--------------------

D4-Xball (10min game, race to 4)-----$300
D4-5man (normal 5man)-----$250
D3-xball (14min game, race to 5)------$350
D3-5man (normal 5man)------$300
D4-3man Xball (8min game, race to 4)-----$175
D3-3man Xball (10min game, race to 5)-----$225

I would stick with Xball as there isnt any Xball events in the midwest.


Brackets/Ranking
---------------------

-First 2 Events will be Random bracketing. (within your division)
-After that every Event will be bracketed based on current Series points.

-Brackets for Xball will be 3 Matches for each team (4 teams per Bracket)
-"X" amount of teams from each bracket move on. (by Point margin)
-Then its a single elimination Tournement after (Quaters,Semis,Finals)

Example-

Br-A Br-B Br-C
(1) (2) (3) /
(6) (5) (4) /
(7) (8) (9) /
(10) (11) (12) /

-Top team from each bracket PLUS 1 wild card (SEMIS)
(1) vs (4) and (2) vs (3)

(FINALS) (1)vs(2)---1st place and (3)vs(4)---3rd plce

-Brackets for 5man will be 8 games for each team
-"X" amount of teams from each 9 team bracket move onto Ochos or Quarters
-Once into Semis, it will be a 2 out of 3 games

Which teams can compete in a division?
---------------------------------------

-Use APPA as it is easy to track players
-If your team Placed top 3 in a current PSP/NPPL event during the current "WFOA" season, you have to bump up into next division.
-Same number of D2 players allowed on a D3 roster as the PSP allows

RULES
---------

-Base all Xball and 5man Rules off of the PSP Rule Book.
-Series points will be the same as PSP

-Make it that atleast "X" amount of teams compete in each division or entry dividends will be adjusted



Once all this is complete (rules,divisions,brackets,entry,prizes,dates,locat ion,paint) the series can start
please please please someone present this idea to the field owners.
__________________
I wish i had a cool sig like everyobody else.
Infinityonhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:13 PM #19
M_Mac_21
Boom Boom
 
M_Mac_21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reedsburg, WI
M_Mac_21 plays in the PSP
M_Mac_21 plays in the APPA Pro division
M_Mac_21 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion103 View Post
I would stick with Xball as there isnt any Xball events in the midwest.
Crosshair Challenge. ...but other than that, everything looked/sounds pretty good. However, if people want to play Xball, why not just go play the Crosshair Challenge? There were like 10 maybe 11 teams at the last event and the events are well reffed, relatively cheap, BYOP, not that far from WI, and overall well run(from what I have heard/read, as I have only been to one so far). If enough teams would play I'm sure the Series would expand.
__________________
Follow Team BOOM on Facebook
| Empire | Guerrilla Air | Blast Camp |
M_Mac_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:01 AM #20
binkley
608paintball.com
 
binkley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Janesville
binkley supports Team VICIOUS
this would be a huge step for WI paintball but i don't see it happening anytime soon
__________________
Competitive Edge


Sponsored by: The Edge Paintball Experience, Empire, RPS, BT, HK, Challenge Park Extreme and Pandaramic Studio

CE Coach
binkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:12 AM #21
Ion103
SEMPER VIC
 
Ion103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Ion103 plays in the PSP
Ion103 is an NCPA National Champion
Ion103 plays in the APPA D2 division
Ion103 is All In
Probably not...as no one is willing to organize or start the negotiations. Everyone is to scared to be the one who starts it. not saying im not but some one has to get it orgainized.
__________________
(NCPA) ~UW-WhItEwAtEr KiLLuMaNi~ 2009 NCPA AA NATIONAL CHAMPS
(NCPA) UW-Milwaukee
(PSP) BOOM
UW-Whitewater Paintball Team - KEE/EMPIRE
Ion103 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump